White House says Obamacare enrollment...

White House says Obamacare enrollment tops six million as deadline looms

There are 261 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 27, 2014, titled White House says Obamacare enrollment tops six million as deadline looms. In it, Reuters reports that:

The White House said on Thursday that more than 6 million people have now signed up for private insurance plans under President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law known as Obamacare, reflecting a surge in enrollments days before the March 31 deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Cat74

Aurora, IL

#162 Mar 31, 2014
The disappearance of the plane last week reminded me of the plane the Egyptian Pilot took to the Ocean off the coast of Florida praising Allah all the while, killing all on board, and not a word about his Muslim background. It happened while the Hillbilly *hore Hopper was President.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#163 Mar 31, 2014
In our family we have one policy it covers the 5 of us, that is not considered 5 sign ons. The Government admits 20%of all their enrollees have not paid. If we didn't pay we would not have one sign on. Got it?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#164 Mar 31, 2014
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>All network news is fiction - the media puts out only what it wants us to see. The current President's speeches are just as full of BS as any other President's...with the possible exception of Theodore Roosevelt's. Now THERE was a President.
He's dead now, and so is the Republican party of which he was such a great leader. All that's left of it, are the rabid religious nuts, the corporatists, and those who refuse to vote for either of them, but still claim to be 'Republicans'. There hasn't been a Centrist politician elected to High Public Office in almost a Century.
*sigh*
Bless ya sister! You got everything right.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#165 Mar 31, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
It states the majority of his fortune when he dies goes to philanthropy, and his kids get 1 billion for philanthropy work exclusively.
I would consider that rather selfless.
It's to avoid estate taxes.

It has nothing to do with him being selfless.

Buffett is one of the most selfish humans in American history.
1 post removed

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#167 Mar 31, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA was only intended for the 50 million shuut out and not in group plans or with pre existing conditions
Why would anyone with a brain believe anything the liar of the year says? Or you?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#168 Mar 31, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 happened on Bush's watch. You wing-nuts have been trying to blame Clinton for Bush & Cheney's criminal negligence ever since.
Nobody buys that garbage except for you fright-wingers. And that's why you keep losing elections.
2010 ring a bell? Over 700 demorats kicked out of office.
Hawk

Kamuela, HI

#169 Apr 1, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There was an interview today about Obamascam, and the Doctor said according to the W H there is 6,000,000 enrollees, and that 80% have paid into their premium. Let's assume that is true. It didn't come from anyone in the Obama Administration so they had no reason to lie. That still leaves over 300,000,000 people not signed up. Now there is no way of knowing how many are exempt, and no way of knowing if Obamascam will ever pay for itself. Most of the young people who hang out with my children will not sign up. Two are Union Journeymen so they are exempt. One is going into the military so they are exempt, but what of the rest? Well, they are entry level people so they will pay the fine. Who is going to pay for this scam? We are. Everyone who works will pay taxes, and at some point the taxpayer will be called on to pick up the tab.
Good lord.... Have you read the law that you hate so much....300 million haven't signed up? What kind of education did you get that you don't even understand plain English as it is written?

If you have health insurance, you do not have to sign up for ACA's health exchanges, it would be a smart consumer habit to at least look up the prices and compare and see if you can save but you aren't required to sign up.

Please read up before you make a fool out of yourself further. It makes real conservatives look bad when you open your mouth like this.
Chris

Chicago, IL

#170 Apr 1, 2014
You can sign up right now with promo code “UBERMEPLEASE” and get $20 off your first UBER ride!
http://uber.com/invite/ubermeplease
2 posts removed

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#173 Apr 1, 2014
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord.... Have you read the law that you hate so much....300 million haven't signed up? What kind of education did you get that you don't even understand plain English as it is written?
If you have health insurance, you do not have to sign up for ACA's health exchanges, it would be a smart consumer habit to at least look up the prices and compare and see if you can save but you aren't required to sign up.
Please read up before you make a fool out of yourself further. It makes real conservatives look bad when you open your mouth like this.
You seem to be unaware of all the waivers. Now if you are the smart one, tell us exactly how many people have been granted waivers by Obama.
2 posts removed

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#176 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>There is no going back now. The ACA is a success and will not be repealed.

I hope the Repugnuts are actually foolish enough to run against the ACA this fall.
Delusional.
1 post removed

Adam 36

Location hidden

#178 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no going back now. The ACA is a success and will not be repealed.
I hope the Repugnuts are actually foolish enough to run against the ACA this fall.
Since when could the 85% of people satisfied with their insurance keep their Doctor and policy?

Is there a rational reason we have to spend $ 2 Trillion to help a handful of people?
2 posts removed

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#181 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Encourage your GOP candidates to run against the ACA. Please do.
No need.

Their doctor already has.

Doctors don't work for free, except in cuba.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#182 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Encourage your GOP candidates to run against the ACA. Please do.
Since you are so well connected...

Could you tell us how many actually paid for Obamacare?

Could you tell us how many went on Medicaid?
3 posts removed

Adam 36

Location hidden

#186 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you think these are valid questions - ask your GOP candidates to make them a centerpiece of their campaigns. Please do. lol
I asked you since you are so confident of Obamacare numbers and enrollment.

How else could you be so confident? Are you lying?
1 post removed

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#188 Apr 1, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you since you are so confident of Obamacare numbers and enrollment.
How else could you be so confident? Are you lying?
"WASHINGTON -- More than 7 million people have signed up for health care coverage through federal and state exchanges created under President Obama's signature health care law, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi confirmed Tuesday

With the announcement that came hours after the March 31 deadline to sign up for coverage, the Obama administration has cleared the initial projection for enrollees set by the Congressional Budget Office --a goal that had seemed out of reach after a rocky launch to the online federal marketplace last fall.

After meeting with President Obama at the White House on Tuesday, Pelosi said that "over 7 million people" have signed up for health care.

"Many more people now have affordable, quality health care," Pelosi said.

Obama is set to deliver remarks at 4:15 p.m. in Rose Garden about the Affordable Care Act.

After a surge of last-minute enrollment on Monday -- the technical deadline to sign up for health care or face a penalty -- administration officials began expressing confidence that they would meet or exceed the 7 million mark for signups.

The announcement was embraced as hopeful news by Democrats facing reelection in November, who had been feeling the weight of Obama's low popularity numbers and Republican attacks on the law.

But Mo Elleithee, the Democratic National Committee communications director, noted that public opinion over the health care law has slowly been turning in favor of Democrats. On Monday, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found that support for the law hit a record high at 49%.

"For years, Republicans have been jumping up and down, breathlessly screaming that the Affordable Care Act would be a 'disaster,' " Elleithee wrote in an e-mail to reporters "Guess what? APRIL FOOL'S! The joke is on them."

Pelosi predicted health care won't hurt Democrats at the polls."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

"(CNN)– Affordable Care Act enrollment is now on track to hit the White House's original target of 7 million people.

This after a surge in sign-ups on enrollment deadline day.

A senior administration official says healthcare.gov saw more than 4.8 million visits and 2 million calls were made to the call center Monday, raising optimism the goal would be met.

The administration is still waiting for final numbers."

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/25128134/a...

Unless you have sources debunking the numbers, I will wait as well for final confirmation, but everything looks as if the numbers are going to surpass projected goals. Since everyone's eyes are fixed on the numbers, I would highly doubt the final tally will be less than stated.

Adam 36

Location hidden

#189 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confident that overall, the program is a success.
If your GOP candidates feel otherwise - they are welcome to run with that.
It would only underscore the fact that they have no positive ideas of their own to run on - but then the voters are pretty accustomed to that from the GOP by now.
On what basis are you making that claim?

Wet dreams?
1 post removed

Adam 36

Location hidden

#191 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
You should run for Congress on nothing but a 100% anti-ACA stance.
Your fellow tea-bag troglodytes would be mighty impressed. lol
I'll take that as a NO I can't support my claim.
1 post removed

Adam 36

Location hidden

#193 Apr 1, 2014
Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Only claim I made was that GOP candidates would be foolish to make their campaigns all about anti-ACA.
There is no way for me to support that until after November 4th and we see what happens to the candidates that did that.
hehe...

Just before deadline, Obamacare reaches lowest approval rating ever

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/just-before...
1 post removed
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#195 Apr 1, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe...
Just before deadline, Obamacare reaches lowest approval rating ever
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/just-before...
The poll released THIS MORNING reveals 49% approval....and climbing. LMAO.
RoxLo

United States

#196 Apr 1, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There was an interview today about Obamascam, and the Doctor said according to the W H there is 6,000,000 enrollees, and that 80% have paid into their premium. Let's assume that is true. It didn't come from anyone in the Obama Administration so they had no reason to lie. That still leaves over 300,000,000 people not signed up. Now there is no way of knowing how many are exempt, and no way of knowing if Obamascam will ever pay for itself. Most of the young people who hang out with my children will not sign up. Two are Union Journeymen so they are exempt. One is going into the military so they are exempt, but what of the rest? Well, they are entry level people so they will pay the fine. Who is going to pay for this scam? We are. Everyone who works will pay taxes, and at some point the taxpayer will be called on to pick up the tab.
Gather around dumb tea bag kkkhunts. We have a new conspiracy that we will now swallow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NICK 80,682
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,761,882
News US judge refuses to dismiss ex-Trump aide Paul ... 7 min Trump suckers 164
News 'It's about time': President Trump pardons late... 7 min inbred Genius 67
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 9 min Raydot 44
News President Trump proposing billions in spending ... 11 min Stormy Abandonment 191
News Trump disclosure of lawyer payment raises new l... 16 min Trump suckers 141
News Supreme Court delivers blow to workers' rights 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 144
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 2 hr fish and poi 365
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 2 hr Annie Oakly 1,130