White House says Obamacare enrollment...

White House says Obamacare enrollment tops six million as deadline looms

There are 262 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 27, 2014, titled White House says Obamacare enrollment tops six million as deadline looms. In it, Reuters reports that:

The White House said on Thursday that more than 6 million people have now signed up for private insurance plans under President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law known as Obamacare, reflecting a surge in enrollments days before the March 31 deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Cat74

West Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 27, 2014
There was an interview today about Obamascam, and the Doctor said according to the W H there is 6,000,000 enrollees, and that 80% have paid into their premium. Let's assume that is true. It didn't come from anyone in the Obama Administration so they had no reason to lie. That still leaves over 300,000,000 people not signed up. Now there is no way of knowing how many are exempt, and no way of knowing if Obamascam will ever pay for itself. Most of the young people who hang out with my children will not sign up. Two are Union Journeymen so they are exempt. One is going into the military so they are exempt, but what of the rest? Well, they are entry level people so they will pay the fine. Who is going to pay for this scam? We are. Everyone who works will pay taxes, and at some point the taxpayer will be called on to pick up the tab.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#2 Mar 27, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
There was an interview today about Obamascam, and the Doctor said according to the W H there is 6,000,000 enrollees, and that 80% have paid into their premium. Let's assume that is true. It didn't come from anyone in the Obama Administration so they had no reason to lie. That still leaves over 300,000,000 people not signed up. Now there is no way of knowing how many are exempt, and no way of knowing if Obamascam will ever pay for itself. Most of the young people who hang out with my children will not sign up. Two are Union Journeymen so they are exempt. One is going into the military so they are exempt, but what of the rest? Well, they are entry level people so they will pay the fine. Who is going to pay for this scam? We are. Everyone who works will pay taxes, and at some point the taxpayer will be called on to pick up the tab.
ACA was only intended for the 50 million shuut out and not in group plans or with pre existing conditions
foster

Ashburn, VA

#3 Mar 27, 2014
Some of you opposed to ACA never knew the objective or targeted base of subscribers.
The program was a net to pool those locked out of the market because of the price of individual health care coverage.
Good that Republicans fought to prevent everybody who wanted insurance from getting in line in red State. We may have never been able to service the flood of residents of those states with the 20 million new enrollees. They would have crashed the system
ObamaCare FUBAR

Bohemia, NY

#4 Mar 27, 2014
And another twelve million developed carpal tunnel syndrome while repeatedly trying to register on the ObamaScam website.
Cat74

West Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 27, 2014
The ACA mandates everyone not exempt by the President, and that is only a small number, must have insurance. It would be wonderful if only a few had to sign up. If that were true I would vote for Democrats, but it is a lie. Everyone is mandated to buy insurance. It is the biggest criminal scam ever perpetrated on the American people in our history.

“DEMOCRATS THE PARTY OF FAKE”

Since: Mar 09

MARRIAGES AND FAKE HEALTHCARE

#6 Mar 27, 2014
Of course they're going to come out in droves to sign up. They have no choice.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Mar 27, 2014
Homosexuals comprise the majority of those signing up because they know AIDS qualifies them for a very healthy disability income under SSI and they get taxpayers to fund their health insurance. Plus, they are the special little Gestapo type political arm of the Obama administration and will do anything Marxist leaders of the Democrats say.

So, we now not only have to support lush lifestyles for sick homosexuals, but we have to let them misrepresent interest in medical coverages very few of them will ever pay for...

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#8 Mar 28, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
ACA was only intended for the 50 million shut out and not in group plans or with preexisting conditions
foster wrote:
Some of you opposed to ACA never knew the objective or targeted base of subscribers.
The program was a net to pool those locked out of the market because of the price of individual health care coverage.
The only reason these right-wing tea-baggers opposed the ACA was because the Black President campaigned on it and got it passed as his signature piece of legislation/law… in other words whatever the first Black President is for these racist right-wingers will be against; with many of them in need of the very affordable health care that they protested against. Cut off their nose to spite their (ugly) face.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#9 Mar 28, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
Of course they're going to come out in droves to sign up. They have no choice.
It is such a great feeling, especially after the level of disgusting enthusiasm that many of you silly right-wingers displayed when the website first went up with a few minor glitches – to now see you once again hit with the reality that the Black President won again. You idiots prognosticated OBAMACARE’s doom because of glitches… the same way you predicted that the 2012 Election would be the end of the ACA when Romney wins… the same way you predicted that the Supreme Court would deem it unconstitutional… the same way you predicted that it wouldn’t pass in the first place…

WRONG EVERY TIME!

LOL, I love it when the good guys win and you unpatriotic tea-baggers have to continue to wallow in you misery…

God has truly bless America!
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Mar 28, 2014
How many of the signups were among the 7 million who had their current plans cancelled because of odumbocares new rules ? Hard to make a 'hurray I signed up' if you had to sign up to an odumbocare plan in the 'if you like your plan you can keep your plan .. period' lie.
Les Claypool

Southlake, TX

#11 Mar 28, 2014
Less than 10% of the people who voted for this scam signed up. 2% of the total population has signed up. I guess when people found out it wasn't free or didn't save them $2500 a year they all became racist.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#12 Mar 28, 2014
Is it really true that six million signed up for PRIVATE insurance plans?

OR, six million signed up, SOME private, SOME public/medicaid plans?

If one is going to mention how great it is to have insurance under the ACA, why not say how many PURCHASED insurance and how many are GETTING insurance on the taxpayer's dime???

Stating all these people signed up for private insurace seems a little misleading ....

IMHO
1 post removed
Les Claypool

Southlake, TX

#14 Mar 28, 2014
I've worked on my share of government bid contracts. They always require a large set of metrics on every detail of the process all sliced and diced in dozens of ways. Being that they are not publishing anything concrete makes my ears ring. More "transparency" I suppose.

But hey, they spent all that money on a web site that barely works, why should we expect metrics?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#15 Mar 28, 2014
With all the lies Obama told on Obamacare - I would not believe one word he has to say about the number of those that signed up for the plan. These trumped up lies only made Obama look like he had no idea as to what was going on and then we find out he knew all along. Lie to me once - shame on him, lie to me twice shame on me.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#16 Mar 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Homosexuals comprise the majority of those signing up because they know AIDS qualifies them for a very healthy disability income under SSI and they get taxpayers to fund their health insurance. Plus, they are the special little Gestapo type political arm of the Obama administration and will do anything Marxist leaders of the Democrats say.
So, we now not only have to support lush lifestyles for sick homosexuals, but we have to let them misrepresent interest in medical coverages very few of them will ever pay for...
Any proof of this you sick twisted azzhole?

Any at all?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#17 Mar 28, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
The ACA mandates everyone not exempt by the President, and that is only a small number, must have insurance. It would be wonderful if only a few had to sign up. If that were true I would vote for Democrats, but it is a lie. Everyone is mandated to buy insurance. It is the biggest criminal scam ever perpetrated on the American people in our history.
Many policies ascribe to the new mandate laws - so no, EVERONE does not have to sign up, if your current policy is in line with current guidelines.

The mandate you keep bitching about is not only a Heritage Society plan, it was championed by Newt Gingrich when he was Speaker, and the same protocols apply to all MA residents as well.

Pissed a democrat was able to pass a conservative plan still? Get over it - IT'S THE LAW OF THE LAND!

Lake Success, N.Y.

#18 Mar 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/...
Bee Eff Dee

Auburn, MA

#19 Mar 28, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The only reason these right-wing tea-baggers opposed the ACA was because the Black President campaigned on it and got it passed as his signature piece of legislation/law… in other words whatever the first Black President is for these racist right-wingers will be against; with many of them in need of the very affordable health care that they protested against. Cut off their nose to spite their (ugly) face.
Still stuck on the skin color of our Pres huh? At what point do you acknowledge your closet racism and just come out with it? Cmon, its obvious to the rest of us that you are race obsessed. Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#20 Mar 28, 2014
senior citizen wrote:
With all the lies Obama told on Obamacare -.
My favorite lies are the four regular folks who were interviewed by Hannity and with a quick review by a journalist showed that the "four regular folks" were clueless, ignorant and uninformed about Obamacare.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fo...

Did Hannityboy have a followup interview with these folks?
4 posts removed
foster

Ashburn, VA

#25 Mar 28, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Is it really true that six million signed up for PRIVATE insurance plans?
OR, six million signed up, SOME private, SOME public/medicaid plans?
If one is going to mention how great it is to have insurance under the ACA, why not say how many PURCHASED insurance and how many are GETTING insurance on the taxpayer's dime???
Stating all these people signed up for private insurace seems a little misleading ....
IMHO
The 20 Million sign ups like you are tax payers. maybe not all kids not yet 26

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Calvin_Coolish 185,972
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,250,199
News Texas Sen. Ted Cruz not backing down on same-se... 2 min American_Infidel 57
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 3 min PolakPotrafi 1,847
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Fed Up Again 332,312
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min jh4freedom 191,864
News Ukraine Crisis Facts Bring Discord to U.S. Migh... 4 min Hue 896
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 10 min American_Infidel 452
More from around the web