Grassroots pressure surges against Sy...

Grassroots pressure surges against Syria attack

There are 28 comments on the Washington Times story from Sep 7, 2013, titled Grassroots pressure surges against Syria attack. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , September 7, 2013 - There is much more going on regarding the decision to take action in Syria than is appearing in the major media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 7, 2013
Soros is sorry he ever laid eyes on Obama now.
They gonna keep that propaganda flowing anyhow.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#2 Sep 7, 2013
Who the hell in their right mind will vote for more war?Do we really want a third war in twelve years?I*m not so sure that the Syrian rebels-many of them al-Quida followers -didn*t procure and use these chemical agents on their own people in the expectation that the West would blame the Assad regieme and then intervene on behalf of the rebels.The al-Quida sympathizers hate the U.S. and the rest of the world and will turn on us even if we help them.The world is better off if Assad kills them off.It would not surprise me if obama actually wants Congress to get him out of this by voting no.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#3 Sep 8, 2013
The campaigns for and against intervention have made for strange bedfellows as groups from the far left and the radical right are taking the same side against against party establishments that both favor a military attack. A staff member for one conservative Senator commented that this was the first and likely the only time that the Senator and MoveOn.org were on the same side of an issue.

It's a start.

I still find it strange/ironic that teabaggers were FOR and defended war in Iraq but against a war in Syria, when one of the reasons were "Saddam gassed his own people".

15 YEARS earlier.

Are they still up for the U.S attacking Iran?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Soros is sorry he ever laid eyes on Obama now.
They gonna keep that propaganda flowing anyhow.
Jarrett called Soros and ask him if she could resign the presidency.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Sep 8, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
The campaigns for and against intervention have made for strange bedfellows as groups from the far left and the radical right are taking the same side against against party establishments that both favor a military attack. A staff member for one conservative Senator commented that this was the first and likely the only time that the Senator and MoveOn.org were on the same side of an issue.
It's a start.
I still find it strange/ironic that teabaggers were FOR and defended war in Iraq but against a war in Syria, when one of the reasons were "Saddam gassed his own people".
15 YEARS earlier.
Are they still up for the U.S attacking Iran?
Apparently you will find it stranger that the liberal side is always against war and this time with a liberal warmonger in the white house makes war good.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#6 Sep 8, 2013
radiofreeamerica wrote:
Who the hell in their right mind will vote for more war?Do we really want a third war in twelve years?I*m not so sure that the Syrian rebels-many of them al-Quida followers -didn*t procure and use these chemical agents on their own people in the expectation that the West would blame the Assad regieme and then intervene on behalf of the rebels.The al-Quida sympathizers hate the U.S. and the rest of the world and will turn on us even if we help them.The world is better off if Assad kills them off.It would not surprise me if obama actually wants Congress to get him out of this by voting no.
They should pull all of Obama's speeches off the ipods and play them back. He was against the war, before he started five more.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you will find it stranger that the liberal side is always against war and this time with a liberal warmonger in the white house makes war good.
No, George made it look "good" for the teabaggers.

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." -- George Bush -- discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."

Vice President Cheney, on NBC's Meet the Press: "I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.... I think it will go relatively quickly,...(in) weeks rather than months." He predicted that regular Iraqi soldiers would not "put up such a struggle" and that even "significant elements of the Republican Guard ... are likely to step aside."

Poor teabagger.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Sep 8, 2013
OMG, I find myself in agreement with Rand Paul! Hell has indeed frozen over!!

Yes, there should be a vote in Congress before the use of force.

And if that vote fails and the President attacks anyways, then they need to bring impeachment proceedings.

The War Powers Act is so the President can act as Commander in Chief without getting prior approval of Congress when there is a DIRECT or IMMINENT threat to the US.

The President already admitted that is NOT the case, so he has no constitutional authority to act without the approval of Congress.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Sep 8, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
No, George made it look "good" for the teabaggers.
"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." -- George Bush -- discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003.
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."
Vice President Cheney, on NBC's Meet the Press: "I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.... I think it will go relatively quickly,...(in) weeks rather than months." He predicted that regular Iraqi soldiers would not "put up such a struggle" and that even "significant elements of the Republican Guard ... are likely to step aside."
Poor teabagger.
CIA authenticates 13 videos showing Syrian gas attack aftermath, official says.......but they couldn't authenticate what was happening live in Benghazi.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/07/ci...
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#10 Sep 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
CIA authenticates 13 videos showing Syrian gas attack aftermath, official says.......but they couldn't authenticate what was happening live in Benghazi.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/07/ci...
The Washington Post reports that the graphic videos, made public on YouTube and other online media outlets, are among as many as 100 available that claim to show victims of an attack near Damascus on Aug. 21.

The Central Intelligence Agency has confirmed these 13 videos as authentic, the government official told the Washington Post.

The videos do not make clear who used the chemical weapons, however the videos were filmed by Syrians sympathetic to the rebels fighting against Syria President Bashar al-Assad and his regime.

During the WTC attacks, it was clear after the second plane hit that we were being attacked, we just didn't know by whom.

Even if they had "confirmed" immediately what was happening in Benghazi.

There wasn't a damned thing we could have done.

Oh' that's right!

There was a "team" of FOUR, that teabaggers would have sent in and upped the American death toll to 8.

Brilliant.

Poor teabagger.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#11 Sep 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
The Washington Post reports that the graphic videos, made public on YouTube and other online media outlets, are among as many as 100 available that claim to show victims of an attack near Damascus on Aug. 21.
The Central Intelligence Agency has confirmed these 13 videos as authentic, the government official told the Washington Post.
The videos do not make clear who used the chemical weapons, however the videos were filmed by Syrians sympathetic to the rebels fighting against Syria President Bashar al-Assad and his regime.
During the WTC attacks, it was clear after the second plane hit that we were being attacked, we just didn't know by whom.
Even if they had "confirmed" immediately what was happening in Benghazi.
There wasn't a damned thing we could have done.
Oh' that's right!
There was a "team" of FOUR, that teabaggers would have sent in and upped the American death toll to 8.
Brilliant.
Poor teabagger.
Wasn't anything they could have done.......hahahahaha F-16's one hour out, C-130 gun ships, 2 hours out, Tripoli....Stand Down from Hillary.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
The Washington Post reports that the graphic videos, made public on YouTube and other online media outlets, are among as many as 100 available that claim to show victims of an attack near Damascus on Aug. 21.
The Central Intelligence Agency has confirmed these 13 videos as authentic, the government official told the Washington Post.
The videos do not make clear who used the chemical weapons, however the videos were filmed by Syrians sympathetic to the rebels fighting against Syria President Bashar al-Assad and his regime.
During the WTC attacks, it was clear after the second plane hit that we were being attacked, we just didn't know by whom.
Even if they had "confirmed" immediately what was happening in Benghazi.
There wasn't a damned thing we could have done.
Oh' that's right!
There was a "team" of FOUR, that teabaggers would have sent in and upped the American death toll to 8.
Brilliant.
Poor teabagger.
Assad 'did not order attack': German intelligence...

WH: Strike would send message to Iran...

PAPER: A trap of the president's making...

Contradictions in claims...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#13 Sep 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
OMG, I find myself in agreement with Rand Paul! Hell has indeed frozen over!!
Yes, there should be a vote in Congress before the use of force.
And if that vote fails and the President attacks anyways, then they need to bring impeachment proceedings.
The War Powers Act is so the President can act as Commander in Chief without getting prior approval of Congress when there is a DIRECT or IMMINENT threat to the US.
The President already admitted that is NOT the case, so he has no constitutional authority to act without the approval of Congress.
True that
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#14 Sep 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you will find it stranger that the liberal side is always against war and this time with a liberal warmonger in the white house makes war good.
That is a lie.

Truman gave us Korea.

Kennedy had the Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis debacles.

Johnson had his Vietnam.

Carter and Brzezinski started the whole support for Afghanistan's mujahedeen to spite the Soviets thing... which led directly to 9/11.

Clinton morphed Bush's humanitarian effort in Somalia into chasing warlords around and he started the bone-head war against Serbia.

Obama has been toppling governments left and right throughout the Moslem world.

The Democrats ARE the war party.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#15 Sep 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't anything they could have done.......hahahahaha F-16's one hour out, C-130 gun ships, 2 hours out, Tripoli....Stand Down from Hillary.
What would an F-16 do?

What would a C-130 do?

Parallel park in front of the consulate?

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#16 Sep 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Assad 'did not order attack': German intelligence...
WH: Strike would send message to Iran...
PAPER: A trap of the president's making...
Contradictions in claims...
Who cares if he did.

"Strike would send a message to Iran"?

Like what?

We can bomb people.

They found that out when George attacked the wrong country.

Poor teabagger.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#17 Sep 10, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
What would an F-16 do?
What would a C-130 do?
Parallel park in front of the consulate?
Poor teabagger.
Well pookie, being you don't know which end of the weapon the bullet comes out of, I can type slower so you might understand.

There were approximately 100 to 150 terrorist attacking. A C-130 can put a bullet every square foot of a football field with one pass. Do the Math. A F-16 has rockets, and a nose canon that is radar controlled and smart bombs. Do the Math. Now go back to the sandpile. You don't have any real interest in who or how many got killed, only if there is a free phone involved.
1 post removed
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Sep 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
tcon spam-a-lama from the ding dong. flagged.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#20 Sep 10, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
tcon spam-a-lama from the ding dong. flagged.
Poor bot, can't even make a coherent statement. A sure sign of bot babble.......they keep disappearing. hahahahahaahahah
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#21 Sep 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Poor bot, can't even make a coherent statement. A sure sign of bot babble.......they keep disappearing. hahahahahaahahah
proof? links? mindless lafraud acting out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border Patrol agents want better gear and drone... 1 min Fed up 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min LeDuped 222,499
News Cruz Names Fiorina as Running Mate 20 min Le Jimbo 35
News Choose carefully: The next president could shap... 25 min Le Jimbo 45
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... 27 min Le Jimbo 1
News Paris climate deal on track for early start 27 min IB DaMann 245
News Trump and Clinton: Ita s a tie at last 28 min Le Jimbo 2
News Is single-payer healthcare dead in the U.S., or... 33 min Le Jimbo 154
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 39 min Grey Ghost 1,374,423
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 hr woodtick57 1,554
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr Quirky 380,915
More from around the web