Steubenville's Jane Doe Receives Death Threats

Mar 18, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: dailykos.com

A tag is a way to search for this diary. If someone is searching for "Barack Obama," is this a diary they'd be trying to find? Use a person's full name, without any title.

Comments
1 - 20 of 367 Comments Last updated May 1, 2013
First Prev
of 19
Next Last
oshaa

Fort Jennings, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

emily ighnat and tasheme harris. Did you learn nothing about what you say on social media. Hope the AG office visits you soon.
2 posts removed
Full Report

Peebles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

WTRF March 18, 2013
----------
Death Threat Made Against Steubenville Rape Victim

Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla was in contact with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation on Monday investigating death threats made against a rape victim in Steubenville.

Abdalla first learned of threats on Twitter Sunday afternoon, hours after the verdict came down against two teenage boys.

WTRF's Jamie Ward is in Steubenville talking with Abdalla about this investigation on Monday.

Both teens are to be committed to the Department of Youth Services for minimum of 1 year. Trent Mays received two years to be served consecutively. Ma'Lik Richmond will serve one year, according to Judge Lipps. He said both can be held until they are 21. Mays, who's 17, was sentenced to an additional year in jail on a charge of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, to be served after his rape sentence is completed.

http://www.wtrf.com/story/21670956/death-thre...
Stupidville Is Doomed

Tipton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Didn't they learn anything? Apparently not.

Stupidity is the rule in Stupidville.
Full Report

Peebles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

WTRF.com Update

Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla said two 16 year old girls are facing charges after allegedly making threats against the rape victim in Steubenville.

Abdalla said one teen turned herself in and the other one was arrested.

They are being held in the Jefferson County Juvenile Detention Center and will appear before Judge Samuel Kerr Tuesday.

http://www.wtrf.com/story/21670956/death-thre...
Full Report

Peebles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Video report, interview with the Sheriff Abdalla.

KDKA Pittsburg.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video/8651558-...
Steve Blaston

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

I see that two Steubenville teenage girls were arrested for making threts against the rape victim. One of the tweets came from Emily Ighnat. Does this girl not realize that with such an unusual name, all someone has to do is search her name and it will show that she called a rape victim a "whore" and said on twitter that she was going to "celebrate by beating the s$#@ out of (Jane Doe)?" Any future employer or college will google her name and see a record of her comments and that she sympathizes with rapists and blames the victims. How can anyone be so ignorant after the media attention the Steuben Rape Trial has gained? I see that her mom janice ighnat posted an apology and said that her daughter wouldn't be using social media anymore but Emily still has a facebook account and was still posting after that apology. Was Emily Ighnat one of the two teenage girls that was arrested for threats?
piltdown man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Steve Blaston wrote:
I see that two Steubenville teenage girls were arrested for making threts against the rape victim. One of the tweets came from Emily Ighnat. Does this girl not realize that with such an unusual name, all someone has to do is search her name and it will show that she called a rape victim a "whore" and said on twitter that she was going to "celebrate by beating the s$#@ out of (Jane Doe)?" Any future employer or college will google her name and see a record of her comments and that she sympathizes with rapists and blames the victims. How can anyone be so ignorant after the media attention the Steuben Rape Trial has gained? I see that her mom janice ighnat posted an apology and said that her daughter wouldn't be using social media anymore but Emily still has a facebook account and was still posting after that apology. Was Emily Ighnat one of the two teenage girls that was arrested for threats?
Well, sounds like her last name suits her. She's obviously pretty ignhnat if she supports rapists. Look at her Facebook page. She really looks like a cheap party ho. Maybe she's just jealous because the rape squad didn't choose her.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

piltdown man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sounds like her last name suits her. She's obviously pretty ignhnat if she supports rapists. Look at her Facebook page. She really looks like a cheap party ho. Maybe she's just jealous because the rape squad didn't choose her.
Homely chick.
Full Report

Peebles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

AP/Washington Post

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The head football coach at Steubenville High School and the owners of a house where an infamous 12-minute video was filmed could be investigated as Ohio prosecutors look into how adults responded to allegations of rape last year.

One day after a judge convicted two high school football players of raping the 16-year-old girl in August, Steubenville’s top official said she welcomed a new, wide-ranging probe into possible wrongdoing connected with the rape.

The announcement of the guilty verdict was barely an hour old Sunday when state Attorney General Mike DeWine said he was continuing his investigation and would consider charges against anyone who failed to speak up after the summertime attack. That group could include other teens, parents, school officials and coaches for the high school’s beloved football team, which has won nine state championships.

Authorities also said they won’t put up with people harassing the accuser and took action Monday to prove it, arresting two girls suspected of threatening her well-being in Facebook and Twitter comments Sunday. The Jefferson County girls, ages 15 and 16, were being held in juvenile detention on allegations of aggravated menacing, Steubenville police Capt. Joel Walker said.

“These arrests, I hope, will end the harassment of the victim,” DeWine said.“We are simply not going to tolerate this. Enough is enough.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges...
piltdown man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

oshaa wrote:
emily ighnat and tasheme harris. Did you learn nothing about what you say on social media. Hope the AG office visits you soon.
That Tashema girl's Facebook page has lots of trash talking about Jane Doe, like this illiterate post from a friend:

"Ashley Missing Him Birden i watched dis two dayz ago....smh dat girl need her ass beat.
Yesterday at 12:51pm · 1"
piltdown man

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Check out these two skanks' FB pages. Both of them are making that damn duck face in a desperate attempt to look pretty. It's not working, "ladies."
Full Report

Peebles, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Tashema Harris Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/tashema.harris...
1 post removed
justasking

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

piltdown man wrote:
<quoted text>
That Tashema girl's Facebook page has lots of trash talking about Jane Doe, like this illiterate post from a friend:
"Ashley Missing Him Birden i watched dis two dayz ago....smh dat girl need her ass beat.
Yesterday at 12:51pm · 1"
I pulled it up and was NOT surprised that 31 idiots liked her comment. I will be posting their names later. I hope they get all the attention they want now. Stupid fools!!!
Satan

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

See you soon you dumb girls.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

ohwell wrote:
For those of us who have daughters and sons......these stories are just gut wrenching. I don't know many of the details of this case, but I am curious about a few things:
1. This girl was drinking and because of this, she did not have to bear any responsibility for what happened to her. Why?
2. If the boys were drinking and were just as drunk as the girl......why is the bar set differently for them? Are they required to be more responsible simply because they are male?
3. Were there witnesses to this crime? If so, why didn't they stop it?
Every girl who goes to a party knows the risks when they choose to get drunk. Parents go over and over the scenarios and code words to slyly pick up their kids and get them out of these kinds of situations-no questions asked.Big brothers advise their sisters of the dangers that lurk. And yet.....there are always those girls who don't listen.
Girls are NEVER supposed to break away from their groups. They have to be wary of roofies and other hazards that could put them in a vulnerable position.
Of course girls do break away. They end up having sex they regret or maybe not. So who's to decide if it's a rape if they are both equally drunk?
We all know the party girls who don't care and black out every weekend starting in high school ...then college and after work. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped but I also don't think they should be absolved from responsibility especially if the guys are held fully responsible...regardless of their sobriety.
If someone rides a motorcycle without a helmet, skids on some gravel, crashes and dies. Do the parents blame the gravel or the motorcycle? Or maybe is that what can happen when you engage in risky behavior?
I'm not making excuses for these boys but I've seen the party girls over the years. I've seen these 'party girls' running around in nothing but underpants at frat houses screaming f me. Sometimes these girls are so blacked out, they don't even remember anything. Same way for the guys. Is it rape if some guy takes the girls seriously?
This case is obviously different because I think the girl was passed out and was passed around. This of course is the lowest of the low but what if these guys were so blacked out and they weren't fully aware of their heinous actions?
Now, folks are jumping on CNN reporters for commenting on the travesty and how quickly these boys ruined their lives. It surely should be discussed and I'll bet those reporters probably have sons or brothers.
There's lots of evidence that they drugged her, old crusty fart from Carmel, Indiana. They planned to do this because their friend was the guy she just broke up with. This was a revenge rape.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

ohwell wrote:
For those of us who have daughters and sons......these stories are just gut wrenching. I don't know many of the details of this case, but I am curious about a few things:
1. This girl was drinking and because of this, she did not have to bear any responsibility for what happened to her. Why?
2. If the boys were drinking and were just as drunk as the girl......why is the bar set differently for them? Are they required to be more responsible simply because they are male?
Every girl who goes to a party knows the risks when they choose to get drunk. Parents go over and over the scenarios and code words to slyly pick up their kids and get them out of these kinds of situations-no questions asked.Big brothers advise their sisters of the dangers that lurk. And yet.....there are always those girls who don't listen.
Girls are NEVER supposed to break away from their groups. They have to be wary of roofies and other hazards that could put them in a vulnerable position.
Of course girls do break away. They end up having sex they regret or maybe not. So who's to decide if it's a rape if they are both equally drunk?
We all know the party girls who don't care and black out every weekend starting in high school ...then college and after work. I'm not saying they deserve to be raped but I also don't think they should be absolved from responsibility especially if the guys are held fully responsible...regardless of their sobriety.
If someone rides a motorcycle without a helmet, skids on some gravel, crashes and dies. Do the parents blame the gravel or the motorcycle? Or maybe is that what can happen when you engage in risky behavior?
I'm not making excuses for these boys but I've seen the party girls over the years. I've seen these 'party girls' running around in nothing but underpants at frat houses screaming f me. Sometimes these girls are so blacked out, they don't even remember anything. Same way for the guys. Is it rape if some guy takes the girls seriously?
This case is obviously different because I think the girl was passed out and was passed around. This of course is the lowest of the low but what if these guys were so blacked out and they weren't fully aware of their heinous actions?
Now, folks are jumping on CNN reporters for commenting on the travesty and how quickly these boys ruined their lives. It surely should be discussed and I'll bet those reporters probably have sons or brothers.
And I notice you don't mention the parents at all. Where the bloody **** were the parents? Besides this being an obviously planned revenge rape (many accounts say she was lured out to the party by a female friend and that friend's bf then a drug was slipped into her first drink of the night), there are now accounts that they've done this to other girls: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22609... .

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

ohwell wrote:
You don't have a clue about this case. You need to read the case, then you won't have any questions, just disgust for the rapists and all those who did nothing, including the coach of these two teens
law buff

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

If you read all of the news articles, the one boy's mother is the area's Prosecuting Attorney!!! It was the PA's House where parties were held!!!

So far she hasn't been charged, nor has her son!!!

From what I've read & seen on CNN & Fox NEWS, the Sheriff, Judge & Prosecuting Attorney all need to be investigated to determine why they allowed this to drag on for months before taking action.

I would love to find out that everyone, Parents, Coaches, Kids, everyone who has been involved in supporting/condoning this behavior is brought up on charges!!!
Hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

ohwell wrote:
HELLO!!! They took pictures and humiliated her or they may have been on a more level field! If it wasn't for that there would not have been proof....but there was! And then, as you can see, none of these kids learned anything, again, HELLO!?!
candy

East Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Quote: Girls are NEVER supposed to break away from their groups.

That is exactly right. That is how Natalee Holloway DIED. She was drinking all day, and WILLINGLY broke herself off from her group, REFUSING to leave with them, she left with some boys she didn't know, AND HAS NEVER BEEN HEARD FROM AGAIN. This girl also WILLINGLY refused to leave with her group. You can't force someone to leave if they don't want, and she left herself in a situation with no one to protect her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••