D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

There are 922 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Dec 3, 2013, titled D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#360 Dec 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh goodie goodie goodie...i was just waiting for you to attempt to make a point that i could ask you to provide specific examples of...
please provide specific examples of this point in your own words and give cloear and verifiable facts to back it up...
(this usually shuts this bitch up...) at least she has no response to it but parroting canned childish taunts...
so what d'you got, little girl?
I constantly give your willfully blind azz examples of how naked emperor barock is. Go to the international news sites in Israel, Egypt, France or Germany. barock has got both our former friends and enemies pissed at us.

You fail to ever give examples of what he's done well... because he hasn't.

Your faux attempt at accuracy by asking people to provide clear and verifiable facts is laughable.

You ever watch a jay carney press briefing? There's an experiment in word definition.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#361 Dec 15, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I constantly give your willfully blind azz examples of how naked emperor barock is. Go to the international news sites in Israel, Egypt, France or Germany. barock has got both our former friends and enemies pissed at us.
Your faux attempt at accuracy by asking people to provide clear and verifiable facts is laughable.
You ever watch a jay carney press briefing? There's an experiment in word definition.
so that is a big zero on anything to back up what i already called your obvious bullshit claim?? really? not even an attempt?

i made no claim as to anything he's attempted. hell, i never even voted for the guy..you, on the other hand, made some very specific allegations which any reasonable and ratiuonal person would have seen outright as bullshit and i called you on it...

what did you do? you ran the mongrel bitch you are...tail tucked tight between your definitely not tight legs... kind of looked like a toothpick stuck in Carlsbad cavern..but the concept is there...you ran like the proven little lying bitch you are...

St. Croix valley

#362 Dec 15, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
please give me one sing;e example of you actually giving anyone a factual statement about anything...i don't care if it is pro obama or anti- obama or anti FDR for that matter...when have you ever given even one single factual post...

i would love to see it...

i am betting you cannot come up with even one...

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#363 Dec 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>please give me one sing;e example of you actually giving anyone a factual statement about anything...i don't care if it is pro obama or anti- obama or anti FDR for that matter...when have you ever given even one single factual post...
i would love to see it...
i am betting you cannot come up with even one...
Look at the previous page you twit. I'm not sorry the truth hurts you.

He left our amabassador to die in Benghazi, surrendered in Iraq, emboldened iran ... arab spring to winter.

GOODWIN: How West was lost by selfie president...

Cillizza: Worst Year in Washington...

Saudi Prince Accuses Obama of Indecision...

St. Croix valley

#364 Dec 15, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the previous page you twit. I'm not sorry the truth hurts you.
He left our amabassador to die in Benghazi, surrendered in Iraq, emboldened iran ... arab spring to winter.
no one was left o die in Benghazi. your lies have been proven false over and over again...you only post them as you enjoy dancing on the graves and honor of those that served you...

we actually have slowed iran's nuclear program with this admin...something the previous admin couldn't do..teh arab spring wa handled with aplomb and diplomacy...a world changing event in the world's most volatile region and it was handled quite adroitly...

sorry little girl, your parroted soundbytes don't cut it here...not when rational, educated voices are speaking...

go home and play with your little dollies, the adults are talking here...

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#365 Dec 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no one was left o die in Benghazi. your lies have been proven false over and over again...you only post them as you enjoy dancing on the graves and honor of those that served you...
we actually have slowed iran's nuclear program with this admin...something the previous admin couldn't do..teh arab spring wa handled with aplomb and diplomacy...a world changing event in the world's most volatile region and it was handled quite adroitly...
sorry little girl, your parroted soundbytes don't cut it here...not when rational, educated voices are speaking...
go home and play with your little dollies, the adults are talking here...
The PARENTS of the dead guys said they were abandoned. I don't enjoy any part of it. I don't enjoy the fact that our brave men aren't getting their Medals, nor do I enjoy America-hating traitors like you.

The sanctions that barock is lifting is what is working (barely), and the Iranians are about to get a bomb. barock has turned arab spring to winter by golfing from behind.

Chicopee

New Fairfield, CT

#366 Dec 16, 2013
CTM wrote:
And I did forget to mention the minimum wage has not even kept to being close with inflation. I lived on minimum wage early in life, no car, but rent, food, clothes and still could buy records. As in some disposable income left.
I don't know how you managed that.

I was working for about a $1.00 ($4.45 hrly) over minimum wage in 1984. I had a 3 room rental with free cable, but all other utilities. No car payment. I worked a minimum of fifty hours a week, fifty five hours when it was offered, and I was barely making it, like scraping my checking account down to single digits every month. I drove to work and back home, that was it, because I couldn't afford gas. Hand washed my clothes because I couldn't afford the laundromat. I ate pasta until it was coming out of my ears and brown bagged a cheap lunch. Disposable income? None.

I don't think you're too much older than I am...you must have had an incredibly cheap rent.

My husband was also working above minimum wage, but in 1977, all he could afford was a room that he rented.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#367 Dec 16, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read your words before you post? And what have you "achieved" in life besides being an angry jerk. One day the tables will turn and you"ll be judged for your selfishness. How do you hold a job with a attitude like that??
Its called personal responsibility Joe. It is obviously an alien concept to you.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#368 Dec 16, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You have all the answers, don't you Texas boy.
It would appear that they have infinitely more answers than you.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#369 Dec 16, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you managed that.
I was working for about a $1.00 ($4.45 hrly) over minimum wage in 1984. I had a 3 room rental with free cable, but all other utilities. No car payment. I worked a minimum of fifty hours a week, fifty five hours when it was offered, and I was barely making it, like scraping my checking account down to single digits every month. I drove to work and back home, that was it, because I couldn't afford gas. Hand washed my clothes because I couldn't afford the laundromat. I ate pasta until it was coming out of my ears and brown bagged a cheap lunch. Disposable income? None.
I don't think you're too much older than I am...you must have had an incredibly cheap rent.
My husband was also working above minimum wage, but in 1977, all he could afford was a room that he rented.
..........Yes, the room and no car, I was to young to have one. At todays prices, this is not possible. With jobs being scarce and those with limited skills, working 60-70 hours a week is all they get. Split between two jobs so both are part-time with no real benefits. These are the people that should have a living wage.
Joe

Springfield, NJ

#370 Dec 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Its called personal responsibility Joe. It is obviously an alien concept to you.
Angry once again, are we?
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#372 Dec 16, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry once again, are we?
Why should I be angry Joe? I have a well paying job, my bills are paid, I don't need food stamps or welfare,.... You on the other hand show your anger and envy in your every post of those who actually are able to care for themselves and their families.

You must be looking in the mirror. HAHAHAHAHA

Keep that hand out though Joe. It appears to be what you are best at.
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#373 Dec 16, 2013
WASHINGTON, DC - Almost 6 million young people are neither in school nor working, according to a study released Monday.

That's almost 15 percent of those aged 16 to 24 who have neither desk nor job, according to The Opportunity Nation coalition, which wrote the report.

Other studies have shown that idle young adults are missing out on a window to build skills they will need later in life or use the knowledge they acquired in college. Without those experiences, they are less likely to command higher salaries and more likely to be an economic drain on their communities.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#374 Dec 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
WASHINGTON, DC - Almost 6 million young people are neither in school nor working, according to a study released Monday.
That's almost 15 percent of those aged 16 to 24 who have neither desk nor job, according to The Opportunity Nation coalition, which wrote the report.
Other studies have shown that idle young adults are missing out on a window to build skills they will need later in life or use the knowledge they acquired in college. Without those experiences, they are less likely to command higher salaries and more likely to be an economic drain on their communities.
..........Now these would be the people to pole about their thoughts on the future. How many are expecting to win the lottery, can you dance, the voice, have you got talent or marry their success? These are a lot of the answers being presented on T.V. for years as well as soldier of fortune, prostitute, drug dealer, theif and hit man.

St. Croix valley

#375 Dec 16, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
The PARENTS of the dead guys said they were abandoned. I don't enjoy any part of it. I don't enjoy the fact that our brave men aren't getting their Medals, nor do I enjoy America-hating traitors like you.
The sanctions that barock is lifting is what is working (barely), and the Iranians are about to get a bomb. barock has turned arab spring to winter by golfing from behind.
all the facts show that no one left in Benghazi. over thirty were rescued. how do you rescue some and leave some behind?

you are a grave dancer and obviously you enjoy it as every single attempt of yours to show some scandal in Benghazi has been proven false time and time again. yet you keep posting what you know to be lies...

we actually have a deal to actually inspect iranian enriching sites so they cannot enrich uranium enough to make a bomb.

you really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

you are the worst kind of "citizen" and i use that term lightly, you certainly do not deserve it.
1 post removed
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#377 Dec 16, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........Now these would be the people to pole about their thoughts on the future. How many are expecting to win the lottery, can you dance, the voice, have you got talent or marry their success? These are a lot of the answers being presented on T.V. for years as well as soldier of fortune, prostitute, drug dealer, theif and hit man.
Just more indications that this country is drowning in a sea of stupid. Unfortunately for those of us who are able to make a living and support our families, these unmotivated individuals have been led to believe that it is societies responsibility to help shoulder their burden,... even if they do not want to shoulder any of it themselves. Hence the skyrocketing food stamp enrollments and the whiners expecting wages that they did not earn nor are qualified for.
Joe

Springfield, NJ

#378 Dec 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I be angry Joe? I have a well paying job, my bills are paid, I don't need food stamps or welfare,.... You on the other hand show your anger and envy in your every post of those who actually are able to care for themselves and their families.

You must be looking in the mirror. HAHAHAHAHA

Keep that hand out though Joe. It appears to be what you are best at.
Fantastic. I'm you have a good job and suffer no debt.

Count your blessings and show some kindness to those who are less fortunate. All we ask for is economic security that can lead to a better life.

I was reading the Washington Post this morning and came across an article about corporations buying back shares to increase stock value. Profits are higher than ever. But instead of investing in research, hiring more workers or giving raises to current workers, corporations are buying back shares to make their top shareholders even richer.

With that type of mindset where shareholders come first, we'll never get this economy back on track. We need more state intervention than ever to correct our economy.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#379 Dec 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more indications that this country is drowning in a sea of stupid. Unfortunately for those of us who are able to make a living and support our families, these unmotivated individuals have been led to believe that it is societies responsibility to help shoulder their burden,... even if they do not want to shoulder any of it themselves. Hence the skyrocketing food stamp enrollments and the whiners expecting wages that they did not earn nor are qualified for.
..........Yep, like it's their self-entitled right to start at the top and move sideways.

St. Croix valley

#380 Dec 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
well, the record levels of food stamp users is because we had a record recession...

it is a good program. it helps many people who have lost their jobs and are getting by on one of the lower paying jobs that are the first to return after such a huge economic hit.(yes, there are some people who use this program as a way of life, also...)

just keeping the facts straight...
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#381 Dec 16, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantastic. I'm you have a good job and suffer no debt.
Count your blessings and show some kindness to those who are less fortunate. All we ask for is economic security that can lead to a better life.
I was reading the Washington Post this morning and came across an article about corporations buying back shares to increase stock value. Profits are higher than ever. But instead of investing in research, hiring more workers or giving raises to current workers, corporations are buying back shares to make their top shareholders even richer.
With that type of mindset where shareholders come first, we'll never get this economy back on track. We need more state intervention than ever to correct our economy.
Well Joe you just demonstrated again why you are failing in life.

First economic security is the responsibility of the individual (I know that this is disappointing to you) not that of a corporation or the government. You lead a better life by creating it for yourself, not by demanding that a corporation or government "give" it to you. It's called "EARNING" it.

Second the reality of a corporation is that "SHAREHOLDERS DO COME FIRST", since they are the ones who supplied the financial backing to create the corporation. The fact that you believe that the broom pusher should be at the top of the corporate concern rather than the shareholders clearly demonstrates that you know nothing of business. This is just another example as to why you are a failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 314,300
News James Comey fired as FBI director 8 min NotSoDivineMsM 2,330
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min bad bob 2,190
News WikiLeaks' Assange rape probe tossed, remains g... 10 min Cordwainer Trout 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min RiccardoFire 1,534,353
News Notre Dame graduates walk out on Pence as he to... 26 min tomin cali 40
News Explore the weight of a border wall along the e... 27 min Erl 61
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min Limbertwig 269,711
More from around the web