D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage

There are 922 comments on the WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh story from Dec 3, 2013, titled D.C. to vote on $11.50 minimum wage. In it, WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTZ-TV Plattsburgh.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#191 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Im always getting Uriah Heep and Jethro Tull confused...which one sang about the guy with 'snot running down his nose" ?
Despite it's obvious appeal, I'll take a rain check on that one.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#193 Dec 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
I went to college so I didnt have to work at Burger King or fast food. Those jobs are what you start out doing. Its not a career job, I look at it as paying your dues. By raising the wages they will in turn raise the cost of living, or you may be fired in order to pay one person that amoubnt instead of two. The employer may not be able to afford it. Ever think of that? Be lucky you have a job.
What "college" did you go to? Was it possibly Anal Roberts University? And what were their entrance requirements, an extra set of knuckle padding?
1 post removed

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#195 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Im always getting Uriah Heep and Jethro Tull confused...which one sang about the guy with 'snot running down his nose" ?
Jethro had the locomotive breath.:-)

Location hidden

#196 Dec 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>I'd ask what school would accept you but I know even AFFIRMATIVE ACTION didnt help you. Maybe someone with your intelligence could go to bartending school. But you do lie and repeat things well so Burger King is your future.
Well, I get all the fries I can eat.
College doesn't make people more intelligent. If you really did go to college, you are living proof of that.

I didn't know affirmative action was available to white people. If it were, you'd still not qualify.
Joe

United States

#197 Dec 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
I went to college so I didnt have to work at Burger King or fast food. Those jobs are what you start out doing. Its not a career job, I look at it as paying your dues. By raising the wages they will in turn raise the cost of living, or you may be fired in order to pay one person that amoubnt instead of two. The employer may not be able to afford it. Ever think of that? Be lucky you have a job.
The average age for fast food workers is 29. Not exactly someone taking their first job. If fast food and retail are the growth jobs of future we need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage of $15/hour or $25K yearly salary. Poverty will decrease, workers will have more buying power and businesses will grow and create more jobs.

Since: Oct 08

Tucker, GA

#198 Dec 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Despite it's obviousappeal, I'll take a rain check on that one.
you'd like the first verse, I certainly do...goes like this....'sitting on a park bench....eying little girls with bad intent'
1 post removed

Location hidden

#200 Dec 9, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
you'd like the first verse, I certainly do...goes like this....'sitting on a park bench....eying little girls with bad intent'
Lock up your daughters! I.G. has just been paroled!

Location hidden

#201 Dec 9, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text> Im sure there is some kind of Welfare program for people like you. Obama will give you free tuition even though academically you cant make it. That must make you people who think their entitled, happy.
I kind of enjoy your fantasy version of me. Hold onto that as long as you need to, at least until the truth seeps in.

You clearly feel threatened by my superiority to you in every conceivable worthwhile attribute. One could hardly blame you. But, see, I'm nice enough to reply to you now and then. I would do no less for any nitwit.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#202 Dec 9, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The average age for fast food workers is 29. Not exactly someone taking their first job. If fast food and retail are the growth jobs of future we need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage of $15/hour or $25K yearly salary. Poverty will decrease, workers will have more buying power and businesses will grow and create more jobs.
I see a return of Horn and Hardart here.
CEO

Tucker, GA

#203 Dec 9, 2013
I own a construction company and if I has to pay my workers more I would need to charge more for my services or cut down on my employees .
Face the facts people if you are looking for a better live in the US than we need to start manufacturing more goods in the US . Raising the wages will only hurt America more
Joe

United States

#204 Dec 9, 2013
CEO wrote:
I own a construction company and if I has to pay my workers more I would need to charge more for my services or cut down on my employees .
Face the facts people if you are looking for a better live in the US than we need to start manufacturing more goods in the US . Raising the wages will only hurt America more
Yes, the federal government should have an industrial development plan.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#205 Dec 9, 2013
CEO wrote:
Just eliminating the Federal and State taxes that are placed on employers on each employee would help but the States and the Federal Governemnt want a cut in the action for doing nothing is what is driving wages down with Liberalism and economist back in the 1950's predicted that wages would go down under Liberalism.
Chicopee

New Fairfield, CT

#206 Dec 9, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha... Talk about bloated salaries with stock options. Has any CEO taken a drastic pay cut? These morons get raises when their companies crash.
You're lumping all CEO's in with the fat cat 1% of the 1%.

The average CEO salary in the U.S. is $167,280.

10% of CEO's in the U.S. earn less than $71,000.

A lot of them lose their jobs.

Geez!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#207 Dec 10, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
joe, joe joe...you really can not be that stupid, can you? do you know how they get the average age?

go to any fast food place and tell me what you seen, highschool kids and retirees, that is why the average age is 29. lots of 16 and 17 year olds and a few 70 year olds.

i know several retired people that work the lunch rush at one of the FF places and they do not get minimum wage as it is hard to find people who will work two hours a day five days a week, but it works great for them and the business.

St. Croix valley

#208 Dec 10, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
you apparently didn't get the meaning of the song, it was a look at a harmless homeless person from different perspectives...funny which one you latched onto...not surprising, but funny.

you really were a nerd weren't you?

St. Croix valley

#209 Dec 10, 2013

Since: Dec 13

Downey CA

#210 Dec 10, 2013
Do dam sad
canser suxs

Faribault, MN

#211 Dec 10, 2013
To me the whole wage issue comes down to this.

The average wage of the top 20% wage earners in last 300 years has went up 3000% with inflation figured in. In same time the average working class wages have went down around 25% with inflation figured in.

The wage problem in this nation is what is causing this nations problem. NO NATION CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT A WELL PAID MIDDLE CLASS. We are top heavy.

80% of all wealth is in the hands of the top 10%...That is problem.
canser suxs

Faribault, MN

#212 Dec 10, 2013
last 30 years...not 300
conservative crapola

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#213 Dec 10, 2013
CEO wrote:
There's no proof that raising the minimum wage ever hurt business or caused jobs to be lost.
58% of cons agree with raising it. Put the bumper stickers away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants (Aug '15) 2 min Truth is might 694
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 9 min UIDIOTRACEMAkeWOR... 23,801
News Trump slams SNL again: "Totally biased," "unwat... 14 min Absentee Ballot 27
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Just call me ABE 2 253,242
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 54 min Brian_G 403,888
News Trump win casts pall of uncertainty over Asia 1 hr HANSENSPANISDAEGU... 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 62,318
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Susanm 1,458,593
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Snap 216,714
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr TRUMP WINNERS 207
More from around the web