Rush Limbaugh attacks Oprah: Successf...

Rush Limbaugh attacks Oprah: Successful blacks prove racism does not exist?

There are 589 comments on the Examiner.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Rush Limbaugh attacks Oprah: Successful blacks prove racism does not exist?. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

During a Q&A session on Oprah.com, Gayle King sits down with director Lee Daniels, Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey from "Lee Daniels The Butler" to discuss civil rights in the film.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

New York, NY

#294 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>There was no revolution going on in Afghanistan for us to tilt the odds towards like there was in Libya. It was a different situation. One size does not fit all.
The war on terrorism is not the same as a war for territory. You dont invade a country to find a fugitive. You track him down with intel. Never before has an entire country been invaded, let alone TWO in order to find one man.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#295 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>The guilty sometimes get away with it because of lack of evidence. But when evidence does exist that someone's actions clearly provoked the fight, then that person should not be able to claim self defense.
Agreed. Some of us thought such evidence existed in the Zimmerman/Martin trial, against Zimmerman.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#296 Nov 21, 2013
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Well if the wrong train doesnt stop at my station I'm not able to board it am I?
See how that works?
:)
You are already on the train stupid. You can't get off at your station because it is the wrong train. Or maybe you are planning on jumping from the express as it roars past your station. Is that why you are now a ghost.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#297 Nov 21, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman.
Good one.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#298 Nov 21, 2013
Zookeeper Billy wrote:
Why does anyone care what that nighur hog says anyways?
She's a nighur, therefore a racist.
You're on the wrong side of the cage, Zookeeper.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#299 Nov 21, 2013
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>The war on terrorism is not the same as a war for territory. You dont invade a country to find a fugitive. You track him down with intel. Never before has an entire country been invaded, let alone TWO in order to find one man.
WE DID NOT NEED TO TRACK HIM DOWN. WE KNEW WHERE HE WAS. Afghanistan was giving him sanctuary and allowing him to run training camps to attack us from. Afghanistan was an active partner in the attack. Bush was wrong most of the time,,, not all the time. On this one he was right in attacking Afghanistan, even if he did drop the ball after he did it.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#300 Nov 21, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. Some of us thought such evidence existed in the Zimmerman/Martin trial, against Zimmerman.
I also believe that Zimmerman's action were provocative. However the way Florida law was written, that does not matter. All that was considered was what Zimmerman claimed to believe at the time he pulled his gun. The fact is had Zimmerman stayed in his car and not chased after Martin nothing would have happened. That is why I believe a new law must be passed that considers provocation when a self defense claim is made. In his latest run in with the law Zimmerman again has tried to create evidence implicating his victim as the aggressor. After busting up the house, sticking a gun in his girlfriend face, and physically throwing her out the door, he barricaded the door, called the police, and tried to claim he was being attacked. He had played that before he murdered Martin and gotten away with it, got away with it when he killed Martin, and got away with it what attacked his wife and father in law. Because of the lack of eye witnesses he may even get away with it again. But I think anyone with half a brain can see a clear pattern of behavior.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#301 Nov 21, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. Some of us thought such evidence existed in the Zimmerman/Martin trial, against Zimmerman.
Right... Martin doubling back from his house to confront Zimmerman sure was evidence against Zimmerman! Yup, that's exactly how you guys think.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#302 Nov 21, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
There hasn't been a drug invented, which could positively impact either of your insanities. It was the policies of people you support, who emboldened and gave opportunity to terrorists. Your politic historically has depended upon terrorism. Your successes in America for forty years has been the result of terrorism.
Maybe if I knew what policies you are talking about and who you think I support I could answer you. But vagueness seems to be a permanent condition with those who are simply trying to bluff their way through a conversation when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#303 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I also believe that Zimmerman's action were provocative. However the way Florida law was written, that does not matter. All that was considered was what Zimmerman claimed to believe at the time he pulled his gun. The fact is had Zimmerman stayed in his car and not chased after Martin nothing would have happened. That is why I believe a new law must be passed that considers provocation when a self defense claim is made. In his latest run in with the law Zimmerman again has tried to create evidence implicating his victim as the aggressor. After busting up the house, sticking a gun in his girlfriend face, and physically throwing her out the door, he barricaded the door, called the police, and tried to claim he was being attacked. He had played that before he murdered Martin and gotten away with it, got away with it when he killed Martin, and got away with it what attacked his wife and father in law. Because of the lack of eye witnesses he may even get away with it again. But I think anyone with half a brain can see a clear pattern of behavior.
Your post has lies in it, which you must state in order to support your nonsense. Zimmerman never chases after Martin, but Martin did double back from his house on Zimmerman.

There are already considerations for provocation in the law and such was considered before deciding not to arrest Zimmerman initially. This shows you know nothing of stand your ground laws, which weren't even applicable in the Zimmerman/Martin case.
1 post removed
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Springfield, NJ

#305 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You are already on the train stupid. You can't get off at your station because it is the wrong train. Or maybe you are planning on jumping from the express as it roars past your station. Is that why you are now a ghost.
Well why would the wrong train stop at my station to begin with if I'm at the right track??

Is that how things work where you live cos in nyc public transportation does not suffer from that kind of bumbling ineptitude.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#306 Nov 21, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... Martin doubling back from his house to confront Zimmerman sure was evidence against Zimmerman! Yup, that's exactly how you guys think.
There was no evidence Martin doubled back. That was simply a theory the Rat Wing created to justify the self defense theory. The only thing that Florida law permitted the jury to consider was whether Zimmerman believed his life was in danger at the time he pulled his gun. Had they been allowed to consider provocation Zimmerman would be sitting in jail right now. A number of the jury members have so stated that since the trial.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Springfield, NJ

#307 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>WE DID NOT NEED TO TRACK HIM DOWN. WE KNEW WHERE HE WAS. Afghanistan was giving him sanctuary and allowing him to run training camps to attack us from. Afghanistan was an active partner in the attack. Bush was wrong most of the time,,, not all the time. On this one he was right in attacking Afghanistan, even if he did drop the ball after he did it.
But why the need for a war? If you know where he is just send in the spec ops and eliminate him the very same way as what DID happen in the end. You dont burn a whole cornfield in order to destroy a weed.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#308 Nov 21, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post has lies in it, which you must state in order to support your nonsense. Zimmerman never chases after Martin, but Martin did double back from his house on Zimmerman.
There are already considerations for provocation in the law and such was considered before deciding not to arrest Zimmerman initially. This shows you know nothing of stand your ground laws, which weren't even applicable in the Zimmerman/Martin case.
Lets see. Martin ran away from Zimmerman. Zimmerman then got out of his truck and went huffing and puffing after Martin but his fat ass could not keep up and he lost sight of Martin. But you don't think that is chasing after somebody. Of course you can't admit that because that would make Zimmerman the provocateur.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#309 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>There was no evidence Martin doubled back. That was simply a theory the Rat Wing created to justify the self defense theory. The only thing that Florida law permitted the jury to consider was whether Zimmerman believed his life was in danger at the time he pulled his gun. Had they been allowed to consider provocation Zimmerman would be sitting in jail right now. A number of the jury members have so stated that since the trial.
There certainly was evidence and the jury heard it directly from the mouth of a prosecution witness, Rachel whatever her name is. She testified as to Martin's whereabouts and movements. That's why the defense had those maps of the neighborhood in court. Damn, you didn't pay attention. It was the turning point in the trial. You are misrepresenting what any jurors have said.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#310 Nov 21, 2013
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>But why the need for a war? If you know where he is just send in the spec ops and eliminate him the very same way as what DID happen in the end. You dont burn a whole cornfield in order to destroy a weed.
You do if it's marijuana, with which both of you are obviously deluded.
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#311 Nov 21, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see. Martin ran away from Zimmerman. Zimmerman then got out of his truck and went huffing and puffing after Martin but his fat ass could not keep up and he lost sight of Martin. But you don't think that is chasing after somebody. Of course you can't admit that because that would make Zimmerman the provocateur.
Martin told Rachel he was at his house, then hold on, hold on, stammer in the testimony as to the next part, which turned out to be a long way from his house and where he was on top of Zimmerman beating the hell out of him in a worse than "knockout" type game, which he also bragged about to Rachel.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Springfield, NJ

#312 Nov 21, 2013
tinysmyth3 wrote:
Oprah is stupid if she thinks racism will die along with old time racists.
Even though racism was kicked into low gear for a time there is a whole new generation of racially aware white people developing now more than ever.
She should stick to hair weaves and cheeseburgers if she wants to continue to be a relevant negro to blacks.
Oxymoron:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oxy...

The combination of "Racially aware white people" and "developing" fall soundly and well within this definition.

Jus sayin:

:)

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#313 Nov 21, 2013
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Well why would the wrong train stop at my station to begin with if I'm at the right track??
Is that how things work where you live cos in nyc public transportation does not suffer from that kind of bumbling ineptitude.
I have ridden the NYC subway many times and have seen many trains pass though a station without stopping. If you have ever commuted in from NJ you would know there are express trains that skip stations in both directions of the commute. Now you are not even on the right track. You must be on the train to Philadelphia. But that is not your fault. All those club cars look the same after a couple of drinks, don't they.
Beer Belly Bobs Ghost

Springfield, NJ

#314 Nov 21, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
You do if it's marijuana, with which both of you are obviously deluded.
Maybe where you're from, but theres no place I've ever heard of that burns entire corn fields for a marijuana plant. Thank god I dont live where you do. They prolly burn crosses there too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,566,980
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bongo 17,677
News If there's a war between California and Kentuck... 4 min Negan 141
News Trump bans transgender people from military 6 min Rose_NoHo 30
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 8 min DR X 594
News By a 2-to-1 margin, Americans prefer Obamacare ... 10 min Red Crosse 569
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min Arnold 7,031
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 11 min IMpeach Now 159
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Jacques in Ottawa 242,123
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr AMERICAN SUNSHINE 280,144
More from around the web