Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap

Jan 11, 2013 Full story: Reuters 279

Top Democratic senators urged President Barack Obama on Friday to be ready to raise the debt ceiling without congressional approval in order to avert a damaging debt default.

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#159 Jan 13, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Or can just Oblamer play the blame card?
Most meaningless post of the day. Congrats, Brad. You're whoopee cushion is on its way.
2 posts removed

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#162 Jan 13, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Simply that Obama could increase the debt limit by executive order, while acting in accordance with the 14th amendment.
That said, I hope it doesn't come to that. It would be much better for the country, and for both political parties, if Obama could do this with congressional approval. But, whatever it takes to prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
It does appear that the 14th Amendment would be a very solid ground for such an executive order. The 'baggers would go nuts -- I mean, even MORE nuts -- but sometimes the adults MUST do what is best for their rebellious children.

There is a LOT more at stake here than Tea Party "gotcha" points!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#163 Jan 13, 2013
Boehner already said any attempt to go around Congress regarding the Debt Ceiling will trigger Articles of Impeachment. Now that would tie up the President, and his mindless followers for the rest of this term saving us trillions of dollars, because they would be too busy trying to answer all the articles of Impeachment to spend like rabid dogs for the next 4 years. Our Imperial President is not King.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#164 Jan 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Boehner already said any attempt to go around Congress regarding the Debt Ceiling will trigger Articles of Impeachment.
LIAR!

But then: you lie every time you open your mouth!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#165 Jan 14, 2013
Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap?

Dems wont even try in reality.

They know it wouldnt work well for them.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#166 Jan 14, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap?
Dems wont even try in reality.
They know it wouldnt work well for them.
IMPEACHMENT TIME
Brad

Manchester, CT

#167 Jan 14, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap?
Dems wont even try in reality.
They know it wouldnt work well for them.
The Democrats know theres an election every 2 years and don't want their DNA on a debt ceiling increase or useless and costly gun legislation.
Same reason they wouldn't support Oblamers bazillion dollar budgets.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#168 Jan 14, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats know theres an election every 2 years and don't want their DNA on a debt ceiling increase or useless and costly gun legislation.
Same reason they wouldn't support Oblamers bazillion dollar budgets.
Indeed so true.
Even some democrats are now seeing that they have to be against President Barack Obama's destructive liberal agenda in Washington, D.C.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#169 Jan 14, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed so true.
Even some democrats are now seeing that they have to be against President Barack Obama's
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tea bag rally cry.

How's that Herman Cain working out for you LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#170 Jan 14, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats know theres an election every 2 years
How unfortunate for the Republicans that Americans remember this mess they have made, especially in the last three weeks.

As they remembered when the Republicans shut down the government.

It explains why the GOP Congress gets single digit approval rating.

It also explains why the tea baggers are circling the drain.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#171 Jan 14, 2013
WHY would they PUSH to bypass Congress?? Are we NOT in this together?? Sometimes, more input to hash out and solve IMPORTANT issues such as The Debt.. hinges on the Well being for all American Taxpayers..That one voice in Congress MAY just be the VERY answer that MAY resolve the Debt Ceiling.
1 post removed
NoMoreUSA

Woodleaf, NC

#173 Jan 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Bush lied about what he presented to Congress or they would not have approved, BlueBallsLicker.
You find any of those WMDs yet?
Hey Liberal Cancer, what the hell do you know about WMD's? Huh? Enlighten us. You don't know jack shit biy, because you are too fucking stupid to comprehend it.

Lemme fill you in on something, and go look it up before you run your mouth again and remove all doubt from those who already don;t know just how fucking stupid you really are...

What do you call 200,000 dead? Dead from CHEMICAL WEAPONS you retarded cancerous piece of shit? Do you even know who Chemical Ali was? Have you ever reasearched what he did? HELL FUCK NO you haven't! I'm gonna tell ya right now tho. He murdered 200,000 Kurds in Northern Iraq with CHEMICAL WEAPONS! Wanna Know what he used to be exact? VX Gas...yeah you wet-brained skull fucked liberal! VX is an oil that when dispersed as an aerosol is THE most toxic nevrve gas ever known to be produced. Just 10 miligrams of the stuff is a lethal dose, and because it has a high viscosity it persists in the environment for a very long time. It will KILL every living thing that has a heartbeat including wildlife both above and IN the ground, fish, and in this case 200,000 human beings!

If you don't know anything about a subject then keep your liberal grade school dropout mouth shut!

Not only the incident above, but you have also disgraced those Casualties OUR troops suffered when they came back with EXPOSURE to both Biological and Nerve Contanminants. That's right you fucking loser, they survived, but will live sick for the rest of their lives hunting down and blowing that shit up, while you liberal ilk sit there and fucking lie through your god damned toothless mouths and puke out shit you don;t have the first fucking clue about!

Aw, and there's much more. Convoy's of trucks were targets and hit with missle and bomb strikes, and when later inspected were found to have Vats of Chicken Broth...care to take a guess why they have a rolling lab with Chicken Broth in it you fucking moron? Huh? Nah, you'll just sit there and act stupid like you always do, so I'll tell you aagain... They use Chicken Broth to grow and culture diseases, and then use the computers they had in those trucks to run simulations on growth rate to harvest the most virelent straights of the virii they had grown. It's called classification of weapons grade bilogical growth...look that one up.

Need more? A CXonvoy of 100 trucks was recon'd and found to be loading up stockpiles of Sarin, Mustard, and VX gas and strike packages had been launched toward that convoy and were later stopped by guess who? Our corrupt Government who has STILL not learned to stay the fuck out of the Military's way and let them deal with Military Siatuations.

Want more? We used sensors during Gulf 2 to alert troops of any Sarin, Mutsard, VX, and Bio Agents, and countless times Troops had to dawn full Bio Suits and masks.

More? Artillery Rounds tested POSITIVE for Sarin, and Mustard Gas, and 3,200 TONS of the stuff was later destroyed by EOD during shots that used up to 425,000 pounds of explosives!

You liberals *try* to lie, but your lies don't hold water no more than that fucking Tyrant you helped ursurp our Presidency. Now, wanna try some more of those liberal lies? It's why you have 1/2 the Country after your asses, and that map that liberal Newpaper of your posted. Take a good look, because those are the guns that are helping to kill you bastards and there isn;t a damnened thing you can do about it, excpet more shit puked out by your Tyrant, and that's just another fucking lie right there!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#174 Jan 14, 2013
I can not understand Nancy Pickyournosie and the rest of the crappers. She wants to eliminate any type of debt cealing? She thinks that we can continue to spend, borrow from China and others in the world? She thinks that the United States Credit rating going down is a GOOD thing? I guess that she just wants to turn the United States into another Greece and forget about any type of self restraint. About three years I called a liberal talk show in Richmond Va. and had a fairly long conversation about the fact that under obama the United States was getting a more EU country like feel. Now that this country is becoming more of a entitlement dependent country anyboy who promises anything in entitlements will get elected.
1 post removed

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#176 Jan 14, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liberal Cancer, what the hell do you know about WMD's? Huh? Enlighten us. You don't know jack shit biy, because you are too fucking stupid to comprehend it.
Lemme fill you in on something, and go look it up before you run your mouth again and remove all doubt from those who already don;t know just how fucking stupid you really are...
What do you call 200,000 dead? Dead from CHEMICAL WEAPONS you retarded cancerous piece of shit? Do you even know who Chemical Ali was? Have you ever reasearched what he did? HELL FUCK NO you haven't! I'm gonna tell ya right now tho. He murdered 200,000 Kurds in Northern Iraq with CHEMICAL WEAPONS! Wanna Know what he used to be exact? VX Gas...yeah you wet-brained skull fucked liberal! VX is an oil that when dispersed as an aerosol is THE most toxic nevrve gas ever known to be produced. Just 10 miligrams of the stuff is a lethal dose, and because it has a high viscosity it persists in the environment for a very long time. It will KILL every living thing that has a heartbeat including wildlife both above and IN the ground, fish, and in this case 200,000 human beings!
If you don't know anything about a subject then keep your liberal grade school dropout mouth shut!
Not only the incident above, but you have also disgraced those Casualties OUR troops suffered when they came back with EXPOSURE to both Biological and Nerve Contanminants. That's right you fucking loser, they survived, but will live sick for the rest of their lives hunting down and blowing that shit up, while you liberal ilk sit there and fucking lie through your god damned toothless mouths and puke out shit you don;t have the first fucking clue about!
Aw, and there's much more. Convoy's of trucks were targets and hit with missle and bomb strikes, and when later inspected were found to have Vats of Chicken Broth...care to take a guess why they have a rolling lab with Chicken Broth in it you fucking moron? Huh? Nah, you'll just sit there and act stupid like you always do, so I'll tell you aagain... They use Chicken Broth to grow and culture diseases, and then use the computers they had in those trucks to run simulations on growth rate to harvest the most virelent straights of the virii they had grown. It's called classification of weapons grade bilogical growth...look that one up.
Need more? A CXonvoy of 100 trucks was recon'd and found to be loading up stockpiles of Sarin, Mustard, and VX gas and strike packages had been launched toward that convoy and were later stopped by guess who? Our corrupt Government who has STILL not learned to stay the fuck out of the Military's way and let them deal with Military Siatuations.
Want more? We used sensors during Gulf 2 to alert troops of any Sarin, Mutsard, VX, and Bio Agents, and countless times Troops had to dawn full Bio Suits and masks.
More? Artillery Rounds tested POSITIVE for Sarin, and Mustard Gas, and 3,200 TONS of the stuff was later destroyed by EOD during shots that used up to 425,000 pounds of explosives!
You liberals *try* to lie, but your lies don't hold water no more than that fucking Tyrant you helped ursurp our Presidency. Now, wanna try some more of those liberal lies? It's why you have 1/2 the Country after your asses, and that map that liberal Newpaper of your posted. Take a good look, because those are the guns that are helping to kill you bastards and there isn;t a damnened thing you can do about it, excpet more shit puked out by your Tyrant, and that's just another fucking lie right there!
Calm down a little with the hate filled language because it does nothing to strengthen your theory.

And answer this.

Why did Bush on Aug. 21, 2006 on his morning news conference actually admit there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#177 Jan 14, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liberal Cancer, what the hell do you know about WMD's? Huh? Enlighten us. You don't know jack shit biy, because you are too fucking stupid to comprehend it.
Lemme fill you in on something, and go look it up before you run your mouth again and remove all doubt from those who already don;t know just how fucking stupid you really are...
What do you call 200,000 dead? Dead from CHEMICAL WEAPONS you retarded cancerous piece of shit? Do you even know who Chemical Ali was? Have you ever reasearched what he did? HELL FUCK NO you haven't! I'm gonna tell ya right now tho. He murdered 200,000 Kurds in Northern Iraq with CHEMICAL WEAPONS! Wanna Know what he used to be exact? VX Gas...yeah you wet-brained skull fucked liberal! VX is an oil that when dispersed as an aerosol is THE most toxic nevrve gas ever known to be produced. Just 10 miligrams of the stuff is a lethal dose, and because it has a high viscosity it persists in the environment for a very long time. It will KILL every living thing that has a heartbeat including wildlife both above and IN the ground, fish, and in this case 200,000 human beings!
If you don't know anything about a subject then keep your liberal grade school dropout mouth shut!
Not only the incident above, but you have also disgraced those Casualties OUR troops suffered when they came back with EXPOSURE to both Biological and Nerve Contanminants. That's right you fucking loser, they survived, but will live sick for the rest of their lives hunting down and blowing that shit up, while you liberal ilk sit there and fucking lie through your god damned toothless mouths and puke out shit you don;t have the first fucking clue about!
Aw, and there's much more. Convoy's of trucks were targets and hit with missle and bomb strikes, and when later inspected were found to have Vats of Chicken Broth...care to take a guess why they have a rolling lab with Chicken Broth in it you fucking moron? Huh? Nah, you'll just sit there and act stupid like you always do, so I'll tell you aagain... They use Chicken Broth to grow and culture diseases, and then use the computers they had in those trucks to run simulations on growth rate to harvest the most virelent straights of the virii they had grown. It's called classification of weapons grade bilogical growth...look that one up.
Need more? A CXonvoy of 100 trucks was recon'd and found to be loading up stockpiles of Sarin, Mustard, and VX gas and strike packages had been launched toward that convoy and were later stopped by guess who? Our corrupt Government who has STILL not learned to stay the fuck out of the Military's way and let them deal with Military Siatuations.
Want more? We used sensors during Gulf 2 to alert troops of any Sarin, Mutsard, VX, and Bio Agents, and countless times Troops had to dawn full Bio Suits and masks.
More? Artillery Rounds tested POSITIVE for Sarin, and Mustard Gas, and 3,200 TONS of the stuff was later destroyed by EOD during shots that used up to 425,000 pounds of explosives!
You liberals *try* to lie, but your lies don't hold water no more than that fucking Tyrant you helped ursurp our Presidency. Now, wanna try some more of those liberal lies? It's why you have 1/2 the Country after your asses, and that map that liberal Newpaper of your posted. Take a good look, because those are the guns that are helping to kill you bastards and there isn;t a damnened thing you can do about it, excpet more shit puked out by your Tyrant, and that's just another fucking lie right there!
Stop with the hate filled speech because if you believe "grade school big boy" language strengthens you agenda, you are wrong.

And answer this.

Why did Bush on August 21, 2006 in his morning news conference finally admit he was wrong on the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#180 Jan 14, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Liberal Cancer, what the hell do you know about WMD's?!
More than you, ballicker.

I've handled them.

You?

PS:

CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq
Recommends freeing detainees held for weapons knowledge

WASHINGTON — In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.

“After more than 18 months, the WMD investigation and debriefing of the WMD-related detainees has been exhausted,” wrote Charles Duelfer, head of the Iraq Survey Group, in an addendum to the final report he issued last fall.

“As matters now stand, the WMD investigation has gone as far as feasible.”

In 92 pages posted online Monday evening, Duelfer provides a final look at an investigation that occupied over 1,000 military and civilian translators, weapons specialists and other experts at its peak. His latest addenda conclude a roughly 1,500-page report released last fall.
(clip)

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#181 Jan 14, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
WHY would they PUSH to bypass Congress?? Are we NOT in this together?? Sometimes, more input to hash out and solve IMPORTANT issues such as The Debt.. hinges on the Well being for all American Taxpayers..That one voice in Congress MAY just be the VERY answer that MAY resolve the Debt Ceiling.
Please consult Post #14 for a breakdown on how our Constitution prescribes exactly how Federal spending may occur. The Debt Ceiling is a 1939 law, not part of our founding document. It places an artificial and unconstitutional cap on borrowing by the Treasury.

The way to "resolve" the Debt Ceiling is to simply increase it. The way to lower spending is to appropriate less spending. Less spending = less borrowing to cover it.

Another way to resolve the Debt Ceiling would be to raise revenues to levels high enough to cover spending WITHOUT borrowing. Sadly, neither party wants to be THAT responsible!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#182 Jan 14, 2013
NoMoreUSA wrote:
Lemme fill you in on something
The only thing you are good at filling is your colon when you get a fresh supply of carrots.

I guess the CIA decided to go with real facts instead of rightwing lies- pushed by the drug using draft dodgers on AM radio such as draft dodger pill popper Rush Limpballs.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#183 Jan 14, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
I can not understand Nancy Pickyournosie and the rest of the crappers. She wants to eliminate any type of debt cealing? She thinks that we can continue to spend, borrow from China and others in the world? She thinks that the United States Credit rating going down is a GOOD thing? I guess that she just wants to turn the United States into another Greece and forget about any type of self restraint. About three years I called a liberal talk show in Richmond Va. and had a fairly long conversation about the fact that under obama the United States was getting a more EU country like feel. Now that this country is becoming more of a entitlement dependent country anyboy who promises anything in entitlements will get elected.
See my post above for a rational view of the matter.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#184 Jan 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than you, ballicker.
I've handled them.
You?
PS:
CIA’s final report: No WMD found in Iraq
Recommends freeing detainees held for weapons knowledge
WASHINGTON — In his final word, the CIA’s top weapons inspector in Iraq said Monday that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction has “gone as far as feasible” and has found nothing, closing an investigation into the purported programs of Saddam Hussein that were used to justify the 2003 invasion.
“After more than 18 months, the WMD investigation and debriefing of the WMD-related detainees has been exhausted,” wrote Charles Duelfer, head of the Iraq Survey Group, in an addendum to the final report he issued last fall.
“As matters now stand, the WMD investigation has gone as far as feasible.”
In 92 pages posted online Monday evening, Duelfer provides a final look at an investigation that occupied over 1,000 military and civilian translators, weapons specialists and other experts at its peak. His latest addenda conclude a roughly 1,500-page report released last fall.
(clip)
One of your John's members does not qualify as a WMD, although I am sure that you have gotten a lot of explosions from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 15 min Mr Johnson 11,825
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Commietator 152,810
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 19 min Mr Johnson 400
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 31 min helms 55,864
Obama immigration delay a pre-election curveball 34 min Earl 214
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 43 min Tuco Blondie 116,439
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 44 min Bluestater 1,108,390
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 49 min Le Jimbo 231
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr Le Jimbo 124
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 hr bab4 261,276
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••