Democrats urge Obama to be ready to b...

Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap

There are 279 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 11, 2013, titled Democrats urge Obama to be ready to bypass Congress on debt cap. In it, Reuters reports that:

Top Democratic senators urged President Barack Obama on Friday to be ready to raise the debt ceiling without congressional approval in order to avert a damaging debt default.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#89 Jan 12, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Bush is gone. The debt, the economy, the wars, and unemployment all belong to the Imperial President, Barack Hussein Obama. But I was wrong about the Republicans letting His Holiness have his way with the debt ceiling. If he goes over their head, tries to circumvent their authority Boehner will introduce Impeachment proceedings. Thank you Mr Speaker. Actions have Consequences. No more Mr nice guy!
60% of debt added under Obama is BUSHIES PRIVATE WARS AND MILITARY WASTE SPENDING MORON...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#90 Jan 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, the fear!
Well, it probably wouldn't affect you, general, since you likely have nothing to lose.

Location hidden

#91 Jan 12, 2013
kept goooose go wrote:
<quoted text>
Demo, demo, demo, demo, demo, nemo, nemo, crapresident!!;-000
Say, that's a bit more coherent than your usual commentary.

Location hidden

#92 Jan 12, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The Republicans will not stand in Obama's way. He will do as he pleases. Just remember actions have consequences.
In your scenario, very good consequences.

Location hidden

#93 Jan 12, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
IMPEACH HIM!!!
TOO LATE! Bush is gone! Try a glass of hemlock and relax.

Location hidden

#94 Jan 12, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Relly Larry? I better get on record - All Hail Obama.
Now you're talkin'!

Location hidden

#95 Jan 12, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe in the EU path that has destroyed several countries in Europe? Did the last credit rating drop not mean anything to you? Funny thing is that if we all ran our household like obama runs the country we would all be broke. What is the difference in massive national debt than a massive credit card bill. I really do not gove two craps because I live my life in a way that has given me a credit score of 877, O own three vehicles 2012, 2010 and a 2002 beater, a house, a camper and many other nice things and I do not owe a credit card bill, a house payment, car payment or anything other than utilities and health insurance.
Go, little obamma and rack up that debt, these stupid fcuking people do not understand that what you do effects their interest rate and the price of goods.
Go away.

Location hidden

#96 Jan 12, 2013
Brad wrote:
Of course Democrats want Oblamer to exercise executive order on the debt ceiling,same way they want him to do it on gun legislation.
They don't want the next election to come around with any of that on their hands.
We agree at last.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#97 Jan 12, 2013
We will get the Journal News to publish the addresses of liberal pukes who don't have guns so the bad guys will know who to rape and rob. Fun fun fun. The joy of watching all the lefties and their families being raped and murdered by the scum they have tried to protect.

“RAMADI ”

Since: Mar 09

OBAMA'S BLOODY QUAGMIRE

#98 Jan 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>TOO LATE! Bush is gone! Try a glass of hemlock and relax.
Im not talkin about the GREAT President Bush...Im talkin about your Nazi-in-chief ObaMAO.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#99 Jan 12, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not talkin about the GREAT President Bush...Im talkin about your Nazi-in-chief ObaMAO.
Oh, right! bushie.... the killer of Americans.
1 post removed

“RAMADI ”

Since: Mar 09

OBAMA'S BLOODY QUAGMIRE

#101 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, right! bushie.... the killer of Americans.
Bush didn't kill Americans, the homicidal Islamofacists did ...but Im not surprised you defend them instead of an American President...you Terrorist lovah.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Drake Town, GA

#102 Jan 13, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe in the EU path that has destroyed several countries in Europe? Did the last credit rating drop not mean anything to you? Funny thing is that if we all ran our household like obama runs the country we would all be broke. What is the difference in massive national debt than a massive credit card bill. I really do not gove two craps because I live my life in a way that has given me a credit score of 877, O own three vehicles 2012, 2010 and a 2002 beater, a house, a camper and many other nice things and I do not owe a credit card bill, a house payment, car payment or anything other than utilities and health insurance.
Go, little obamma and rack up that debt, these stupid fcuking people do not understand that what you do effects their interest rate and the price of goods.
I don't see how almost anyone in government, can look at themselves in the mirror, or face their children and grandchildren, and talk to them about integrity. Hypocrites.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#103 Jan 13, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Go away.
Well, at least you have shown your cowardly colors. First you were going to come here and help me pack to which I gave you the invitation. Now you slink back in your little cave and just tell me to go away. Well, Little Larry, the invitation is always open, you can google Fort Lee, mapquest the best way to get here and we can meet at the Dennys for our "Conversation". Or, if you are a music fan we can meet at Thompson's Auto Audio, they just put a new system in my car. Larry, the big difference between me and you is that I have the guts to have these conversations face to face and do it on a daily basis.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#104 Jan 13, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You calling me an idiot is like Sarah Palin calling Albert Einstein retarded. Pick up your crayons and go home, Ninthfool!
Larry, 14 posts over the last 24 hours and nobody agrees with anything you say. Why do you think it's any different on here than in your real life when people won't listen to you? Oh yeah, I keep forgetting it's the emotional immaturity common in liberals.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#105 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Bush = 2 wars, two recessions turn budget surplus into massive debt
Bush's last recession ended in 2009. Now what's your excuse for Obama's continued failure to provide jobs and an economy that is not stagnate.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#106 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, right! bushie.... the killer of Americans.
Soros group calls for sweeping new gun laws...
----------
REPORT: Harry Reid fingered in bribery case...
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#107 Jan 13, 2013
Sanity Now wrote:
Finally, the Left is admitting that the Constitution means nothing to them. Did Obama supporters know that the second term would be such a horrific nightmare for America? I sure hope not.
The Dems tried to let Ameica go over the cliff - now they are working on the debt cap. Looks like the Reps are the only ones with any love for America since the Dems are trying their best to destroy it.
stormy

Shinnston, WV

#108 Jan 13, 2013
Now the nitwits want to rid ourselves of th only
law makers who can stop HIM...He has announced
time after time, "he won the election, and will
do as he will"!!!Someone should step up and
inform the man, he is not KING...He does not make
our laws, he is just to obey them. And telling us
how to live is not his job and should start thinking we do not need anyone to run our lives.
And if the dems need someone to tell them how to
run their lives.....Move to another country, we
don't need or want your ways. Do we still have
the impeachment law?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#109 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't kill Americans, the homicidal Islamofacists did ...but Im not surprised you defend them instead of an American President...you Terrorist lovah.
lol! Son, bushie has the dead bodies to prove it.

Remember now... bushie was on vacation the entire month of August, just days before the attack. Seems pretty clear who let it happen to America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 min DRX 148
News Rick Santorum faces steep climb in second White... 3 min RayOne 8
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 4 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 58
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min dirtclod 164,190
News 'They created these people': Rand Paul blames G... 5 min swedenforever 10
News Bernie Sanders Appeals to Democrats' Elizabeth ... 8 min DRX 47
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Jay 182,647
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min shinningelectr0n 1,233,683
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 17 min Agents of Corruption 328,549
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 59 min Shinichiro Takizawa 140
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 1 hr Silent Echo 2,416
More from around the web