N. Alabama football player barred over racist tweet about Obama

Dec 17, 2012 Full story: The Charlotte Observer 10

FLORENCE, Ala. The University of North Alabama says a walk-on football player is off the team after sending a racist tweet about President Barack Obama.

Read more

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 19, 2012
So what? UNA can blow it out their ass!
linda

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#2 Dec 20, 2012
ImmaGitUSucka wrote:
So what? UNA can blow it out their ass!
they did the right thing,this young punk should learn some respect.5891

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 22, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>they did the right thing,this young punk should learn some respect.5891
It goes both ways! Know what you're talking about before you spit out word garbage!!!
frank by the bank

United States

#4 Dec 25, 2012
If Barry Obama was white, and the player was black. This would never have been in the news. It's the typical double standard. It's perfectly ok to call me a cracker, white bread, or any other name regarding my race. But let black slurs start flowing and all hell must break loose. What a joke.
Like I said, DOUBLE STANDARD.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 27, 2012
frank by the bank wrote:
If Barry Obama was white, and the player was black. This would never have been in the news. It's the typical double standard. It's perfectly ok to call me a cracker, white bread, or any other name regarding my race. But let black slurs start flowing and all hell must break loose. What a joke.
Like I said, DOUBLE STANDARD.
Well put and 100% TRUTH!!!

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#6 Dec 27, 2012
frank by the bank wrote:
If Barry Obama was white, and the player was black. This would never have been in the news. It's the typical double standard. It's perfectly ok to call me a cracker, white bread, or any other name regarding my race. But let black slurs start flowing and all hell must break loose. What a joke.
Like I said, DOUBLE STANDARD.
IF a black player made racist statements about a white President, I would hope and think that the same response would be forthcoming.

I really doubt that people call you a cracker or white bread or anything.

By the way, when black people enslave white people for 400 years then you can start talking about double standards.
joey

Maringouin, LA

#7 Dec 27, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
IF a black player made racist statements about a white President, I would hope and think that the same response would be forthcoming.
I really doubt that people call you a cracker or white bread or anything.
By the way, when black people enslave white people for 400 years then you can start talking about double standards.
you forgot to say that slaves were captured and sold by blacks!you forgot to mention that african tribes made slaves of those they captured and were used as slaves by the victoring tribes?the blacks sold their own to slave traders but i guess thats okay as american history tries to hide these facts?you wont see this being taught in black history month?stick your 400 years up your ass and tell the whole story turd x!!!

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#8 Dec 27, 2012
joey wrote:
<quoted text>you forgot to say that slaves were captured and sold by blacks!you forgot to mention that african tribes made slaves of those they captured and were used as slaves by the victoring tribes?the blacks sold their own to slave traders but i guess thats okay as american history tries to hide these facts?you wont see this being taught in black history month?stick your 400 years up your ass and tell the whole story turd x!!!
All you are describing is a side effect of Imperialism and the corruption of money and power. I could convince your mother to sell you into slavery with enough money so the point is moot.
Traditional "African slavery" was much different than the commerce based slavery of Imperialist. If you don't understand that concept, then their is nothing to talk about.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 27, 2012
frank by the bank wrote:
If Barry Obama was white, and the player was black. This would never have been in the news. It's the typical double standard. It's perfectly ok to call me a cracker, white bread, or any other name regarding my race. But let black slurs start flowing and all hell must break loose. What a joke.
Like I said, DOUBLE STANDARD.
Aw shuddup, honky!
1 post removed

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#11 Dec 27, 2012
The NEW Lifeguard wrote:
<quoted text>
You never were a slave so whats your point. Since many of my white ancestors fought and died to free the slaves I guess that makes us equal.
Pun intended.
No, I never was a slave. Let me ask you something. Did your 4th grade teacher tell you you couldn't be President because you were Black? No. Well, mine did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,206,844
News 'Not going to change': Indiana gov defends reli... 4 min doty 39
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Graham Cracker 51,881
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Beiber 185,917
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min messianic114 154,748
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 min Thinking 6,414
News The Hoosier Nuremberg Laws 6 min Three Wise Men 19
News Indiana lawmakers send religious objection bill... 33 min kuda 108
News Romney campaign official joins Gov. Scott Walke... 38 min swedenforever 66
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Le Jimbo 175,835
News Fore! Obama in Florida for weekend golf getaway 1 hr Le Jimbo 37
More from around the web