Boehner signs up for Affordable Care Act

Boehner signs up for Affordable Care Act

There are 31 comments on the Click Orlando story from Nov 25, 2013, titled Boehner signs up for Affordable Care Act. In it, Click Orlando reports that:

The top Republican leading the charge against the Affordable Care Act is now signed up for it and will take thousands of dollars in government support to help with its costs, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner confirmed to CNN.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Click Orlando.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#1 Nov 25, 2013
From the article:

"Boehner saw an eye-popping jump in cost as he moved from a plan set up for millions of federal workers to the D.C. exchange, which is designed for small businesses and individuals."

"The current cost for Boehner and his wife? They "pay a monthly premium of $433," said Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck."

"The new plan for the two of them?"

It "would cost $802 per month in premiums," Buck said.
---------
Time To REPEAL this Crap called "Obamacare"

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Nov 26, 2013
Boehner’s stunt backfires when it came out that he wasn’t on hold for an operator to speak with him… rather they had her on hold for 20 minutes…

Embarrassing!

Just wait; next year when hundreds of thousands of Americans are signed up and receiving affordable health care we’ll see what the tea-baggers will find to cry about then, LOL!
1 post removed
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#4 Nov 26, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Boehner’s stunt backfires when it came out that he wasn’t on hold for an operator to speak with him… rather they had her on hold for 20 minutes…
Embarrassing!
Just wait; next year when hundreds of thousands of Americans are signed up and receiving affordable health care we’ll see what the tea-baggers will find to cry about then, LOL!
Affordable his premium was more for one person than he used to pay for 2 people and his deductible went from 700 to 2000.

Since we are all in this together the government can now charge more for fat people I hope. I am tired of carrying them.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Nov 26, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Affordable his premium was more for one person than he used to pay for 2 people and his deductible went from 700 to 2000.
Since we are all in this together the government can now charge more for fat people I hope. I am tired of carrying them.
Yeah, now Speaker Boner may have to pay a little more for his 2 pack a day smoking habit!
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#6 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, now Speaker Boner may have to pay a little more for his 2 pack a day smoking habit!
Yes and he will also be paying for coverage in case he gets pregnant or wants an abortion.
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#7 Nov 26, 2013
This is SCHOCKING to me.

http://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/pay-benef...

The two health insurance programs, despite their similarities, are COMPLETLY SEPARATE. Federal employees who have opted out of coverage because it’s too expensive will have to choose between enrolling in the exchange network or FEHBP."

"FEHBP likely offers better bang for the buck. The program, which will have 256 health plans in 2014,
could add more participants to its beneficiary pool because of Obamacare."
==========

So ALL Federal Employees have a SEPERATE PLAN under FEHBP which offers "better bang for your buck" than Obamacare. Its CRIMINAL!!!
1 post removed

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#9 Nov 26, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
From the article:
"Boehner saw an eye-popping jump in cost as he moved from a plan set up for millions of federal workers to the D.C. exchange, which is designed for small businesses and individuals."
"The current cost for Boehner and his wife? They "pay a monthly premium of $433," said Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck."
"The new plan for the two of them?"
It "would cost $802 per month in premiums," Buck said.
---------
Time To REPEAL this Crap called "Obamacare"
That is fine with me as long as you are willing to extend Boehner's previous Federally subsidized insurance plan to the rest of the Country.
1 post removed

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#11 Nov 26, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> That is why they are purchasing weapons. They are getting ready for you idiots. The pain this moron put tens of millions of people through and tens of millions more next year plus the death panels be finalized. Like Gomer Pyle(Gomer Obama) would say.. "they lie, they lie they lie...shazaaam!
Please, you are not going to start that death panel nonsense again, are you?
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

#12 Nov 26, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That is fine with me as long as you are willing to extend Boehner's previous Federally subsidized insurance plan to the rest of the Country.
In an UTOPIA that might be possible. But, because of the corruption of human nature, the cost would be borne by the industrious, hard-working Americans and deadbeats and the slothful would GLOM ON to those good citizens for a free-ride.

The system would foster resentment, and collapse.

My SUGGESTION would be for ALL Federal Workers, including Congress and the President, to pay for their OWN Insurance in the free
market place.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#13 Nov 26, 2013
The only thing that gets teaboogers' panties bunched up more than thinking about federal benefits is when their checks don't arrive on time.
1 post removed
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Nov 26, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Boehner’s stunt backfires when it came out that he wasn’t on hold for an operator to speak with him… rather they had her on hold for 20 minutes…
Embarrassing!
Just wait; next year when hundreds of thousands of Americans are signed up and receiving affordable health care we’ll see what the tea-baggers will find to cry about then, LOL!
Do you really think that the measure of Obamacare will be whether one can navigate the website?

What about all those millions and millions of people whose coverage will be lost?

>>The Obama administration has repeatedly said that the health-insurance-plan cancellations receiving so much attention in the news in recent days will affect only the 5 percent of Americans who purchase insurance on the individual market. The Department of Justice, however, in a brief filed in federal court last month, conceded that the number may be much higher. According to the administration’s numbers, nearly 80 million additional Americans,“a majority” of those on employer-sponsored health plans, may also be out of luck....

The DOJ cites the June 17, 2010, edition of the Federal Register, which acknowledges that within the first year of Obamacare’s employer mandate, the insurance plans offered by many employers will be canceled because their policies will not be grandfathered under the administration’s regulations.”The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small-employer plans and 45 percent of large-employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” the Register says.“The low-end estimates are for 49 percent and 34 percent of small and large-employer plans, respectively, to have relinquished grandfather status, and the high-end estimates are 80 percent and 64 percent, respectively.”

http://nationalreview.com/corner/364177/2010-...

relevant table from Federal Register:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/...

With each laugh, you show yourself more and more the fool.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#16 Nov 26, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
In an UTOPIA that might be possible. But, because of the corruption of human nature, the cost would be borne by the industrious, hard-working Americans and deadbeats and the slothful would GLOM ON to those good citizens for a free-ride.
The system would foster resentment, and collapse.
My SUGGESTION would be for ALL Federal Workers, including Congress and the President, to pay for their OWN Insurance in the free
market place.
People see the world through their own eyes. The thief believes everybody steals, the liar believes everybody lies, and bottle caps believes the above of everybody.
1 post removed
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#18 Nov 26, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>People see the world through their own eyes. The thief believes everybody steals, the liar believes everybody lies, and bottle caps believes the above of everybody.
Duh, you just described human nature. So....when is Odumbo and Moochelle going to sign up and find their premiums have sky-rocketed through Odumbocare?????
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#19 Nov 26, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and he will also be paying for coverage in case he gets pregnant or wants an abortion.
I think you mean Boner's wife or daughter.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#20 Nov 26, 2013
So Hobby Lobby objects to Obamacare on religious grounds? Is Hobby Lobby a person or a corporation? Do corporations have religious beliefs NOW??????

LOL

Supreme Court will have fun with that one!!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Nov 26, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and he will also be paying for coverage in case he gets pregnant or wants an abortion.
We all pay for that one way or another.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Nov 26, 2013
Makes sense wrote:
So Hobby Lobby objects to Obamacare on religious grounds? Is Hobby Lobby a person or a corporation? Do corporations have religious beliefs NOW??????
LOL
Supreme Court will have fun with that one!!!!
Unfortunately the current SCOTUS views corporations as people, with all the same rights. It's only a matter of time before a company registers to vote and applies for a marriage license so they can exercise those rights as well.

So if Lowe's marries Home Depot, are they allowed to adopt Menards an use them as a child tax credit?

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#23 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, now Speaker Boner may have to pay a little more for his 2 pack a day smoking habit!
Not to mention his alcoholism. The booze bones connect to the smoke bone........
Dr Odd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#24 Nov 26, 2013
BoehneriCare + ObamaKare x Ucare =_________;)
Dr Odd

Hanoi, Vietnam

#25 Nov 26, 2013
Republican; don't know
Democrat; don't care
Topic; care ON

;-00000000

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protesters gather at Phoenix mosque under close... 3 min Butters 183
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,236,172
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min sassyjm 309,975
News Bernie Sanders Appeals to Democrats' Elizabeth ... 4 min xplode 85
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min DanFromSmithville 164,725
News Benghazi controversy explained 5 min Le Duped 209
News I Want a President Who Cares About People Like Me 5 min Dee Dee Dee 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min HILLARY 2016 183,218
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 6 min 1983Valerie 2,588
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Independent patriot 329,045
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 189,837
More from around the web