9 Hidden Gems in the Obama Budget

Apr 10, 2013 Full story: Roll Call 45

President Barack Obama unveiled his $3.77 trillion budget Wednesday, and a survey of CQ Roll Call beat writers turned up the following choice nuggets: 1. $78 million for asteroid retrieval.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Apr 10, 2013
And, the shrimp get to keep their little tread mills.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Apr 11, 2013
$78 million for asteroid retrieval. NASA wants to research robotic technology to move an asteroid closer to Earth, so that we can send astronauts to it.

Huge waste, stupid idea.

Gingrich Part-II

$943 million bailout of the Federal Housing Administration. As a result of the 2008 financial and mortgage industry meltdown, the FHA continues to suffer the consequences of bad loans.

Another bad idea.

April 04, 2013

The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.

President Barack Obama's economic advisers and outside experts say the nation's much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.

Bush- part II.

Bailout- part III.

$7.5 million for a consumer complaint line. To be stationed at the Transportation Department for airline passengers; estimated to create one new job.

Where do I apply?

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Talk about giving America a shit sandwich. Our childish president takes the cake.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Apr 11, 2013
And since you don't like bread, you can have seconds.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 11, 2013
but but but DHS needs new bagpipes and another billion rounds of ammo, and 50million for uniforms for the TSA as they throttle back border patrol and ICE budgets. Madness I say, madness.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 11, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
And since you don't like bread, you can have seconds.
Yep, we knew your prefered the chit.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy to see you agree on ninthninnie's processed diet, sans the bread.
Charlie Tuna

Mchenry, IL

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Obama's budget is DOA.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Charlie Tuna wrote:
Obama's budget is DOA.
Ryan's was more dead if that is possible.

Quick math
The complaint line $ 7.5 M
Asteroid retrieval $ 78 M
----------
Silly crap $ 85.5 M
Total budget $ 3.77 T
----------
0.000022679 silly
.Put that up against an honest attempt at balanced defect reduction ( 0% silly) and it is the best try yet...
President served his budget, now it's up to the GOP to be 0% silly
fatbacksx

Portland, OR

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Why do we have dems and repugs politicians. Appears to me they all come out of the same bottom of the barrel.They all make their fortunes screwing the dumba--es that vote for them.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Bill Ayers must have guided Obama on his Budget. His new budget is a massive betrayal of the public trust. What is wrong with Obama? He can't want his legacy to be America's Chief Enemy Within but he keeps going that route.
Very strange.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Happy to see you agree on ninthninnie's processed diet, sans the bread.
Talking about you pookie. Will your tiny brain ever begain to function with our your mantra and word doc you keep pasting.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor teadead, done in by his coburn.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Spike

Ravenna, OH

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Expectations never get too high when you're waiting for a knee-grow to tell you how he/she is going to improve anything

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#15 Apr 11, 2013
This is his salute to Hollywood, SEQUESTER style.
Wall Street Government wrote:
$78 million for asteroid retrieval. NASA wants to research robotic technology to move an asteroid closer to Earth, so that we can send astronauts to it.
Huge waste, stupid idea.
Gingrich Part-II
$943 million bailout of the Federal Housing Administration. As a result of the 2008 financial and mortgage industry meltdown, the FHA continues to suffer the consequences of bad loans.
Another bad idea.
April 04, 2013
The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place.
President Barack Obama's economic advisers and outside experts say the nation's much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.
Bush- part II.
Bailout- part III.
$7.5 million for a consumer complaint line. To be stationed at the Transportation Department for airline passengers; estimated to create one new job.
Where do I apply?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#16 Apr 11, 2013
I WANT IN? Where can I apply. I mean, seriously, I'll work for a $300K a year. You want me to see if asteroids are too close or too far from the earth, no problem. You want me to frisk grandma at the airport, no problem. You want me to say Barrack and Michelle are king & queen, well, OK a little problem, but I'll do it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17 Apr 11, 2013
Obama knows it's not a serious budget. He knows Democrats won't even vote for it, just like they didn't vote for his last three budgets.

He's not trying to advance the nation. He's covering himself from the criticism for missing his budget proposal deadline for the fourth year in a row.

President Smoke and Mirrors, same sh*t, different day.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#18 Apr 12, 2013
RayOne wrote:
This is his salute to Hollywood, SEQUESTER style.
<quoted text>
Teabaggers "salute" to banks and corporations.

"House Republicans are introducing a new Path to Prosperity budget that builds on what we've achieved".

"Our budget's Medicare reforms make no changes for those in or near retirement. For those who will retire a decade from now, our plan provides guaranteed coverage options financed by a premium-support payment. And this year, our budget adds even more choices for seniors, including a traditional fee-for-service Medicare option".

A voucher?

"We also introduce a competitive-bidding process to determine the growth of government's financial contribution to Medicare. Forcing health plans to compete against each other is the best way to achieve high-quality coverage at the lowest cost, and implementing these reforms in Medicare can have the effect of lowering health-care costs for everyone".

Yes, it's called an HMO.

Weren't they supposed to do the same thing?

25 YEARS ago.

"Our budget also spurs economic growth with bold tax reform—eliminating complexity for individuals and families and boosting competitiveness for American job creators. Led by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, our budget consolidates the current six individual income tax brackets into just two brackets of 10% and 25%".

"We propose to reduce the corporate tax rate of 35%, which will soon be the highest rate in the developed world, to a much more competitive 25%. Our budget also shifts to a "territorial" tax system to end the practice of hitting businesses with extra taxes when they invest profits earned abroad in jobs and factories here at home".

Reagan did the same,"spurring" the "job creators" did just that taking jobs overseas and getting a tax cut for doing so.

"The contrast with our budget couldn't be clearer: We put our trust in citizens, not government. Our budget returns power to individuals, families and communities".

Yes and Wall Street and the banks had a field day with that.

For all you do, this budgets for you.

Poor teabagger.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Obama knows it's not a serious budget. He knows Democrats won't even vote for it, just like they didn't vote for his last three budgets.
He's not trying to advance the nation. He's covering himself from the criticism for missing his budget proposal deadline for the fourth year in a row.
President Smoke and Mirrors, same sh*t, different day.
Define serious
Is it serious when you sat no to evertything?
When it is clear that it is time for every one get their hands dirty cleaning up OUR ness
This budget was the first serious attempt by anyone in the last 12 years.
The fact that it pisses everyone off to this degree shows how big a hole we have dug

Location hidden

#20 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Poor teadead, done in by his coburn.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Yep, Coburn sure didn't do what you predicted and attack the second amendment like you loons keep trying with unconstitutional votes and treaties at the UN. Hint pookie, a treaty does not over step the constitution. Nothing does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min johnplustwomore 1,153,489
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min Discord 132,161
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min OzRitz 49,175
Southern Californiaa s Cuban Americans give mix... 44 min Just a Rug Cleaner 12
US to start talks with Cuba to normalize full d... 49 min John 48
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 50 min THE EVIL WEST EMPIRE 50
Republican Leader: Keystone Pipeline to Top Sen... 51 min OMussolini Spud i... 30
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 54 min Dan 77
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 293,282
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 2 hr barefoot2626 614
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 3 hr Gutsy333 299
More from around the web