TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

There are 390 comments on the WZTV Top Stories story from Aug 26, 2013, titled TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon. In it, WZTV Top Stories reports that:

Stream our newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5am and News at 9pm. LEBANON, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZTV Top Stories.

trw

Murfreesboro, TN

#294 Sep 10, 2013
Confused wrote:
I'm confused as to how the employees plan to get back at management. I'm not very familiar with how a union works or how it could protect a worker retaliating against the company... how can a worker to this and not lose their job. Seems to me like anyhting less than 100% effort is absolutely grounds for termination, union or not. As a manager, I have zero tolerance towards anyone intentionally trying to make my job tougher than it needs to be, and a union would never stop me from dealing with people who purposely do this. I'm just curious about the dynamics of a situation like this.
<quoted text>
I bet they don't even work there just saying seems like a lot of people on here don't have a clue to whats going on

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#295 Sep 10, 2013
uaw proud wrote:
Well here we come vote tommorrow we will be coming back in , so we can blame it on clinton or whom ever, you have scared half of our workforce with threats of replacing us that's fine you have forced us back in. We will hurt you a lot more in a few hours when we arrive back our workforce will always rem how much you appreciated us ever minute of ever day we are there. Trw we will be giving you guys 10% every day so sit back and relax , you have bullied for 2 weeks it now is our turn. So see ya in a few hours. Managment get ready your jobs just became a lot harder. Ps did I say 10% I meant 100% boys.
here is part of the article that tells the motive of Bill Clinton and the reason to kill the pro labor language in the strike bill and is why there is two types of strikers which it was designed to benefit big business and Clinton was only interested in keeping the economy going including sacrifacing labor to do it.

Clinton also encouraged big business’s attack on the labor movement by refusing to push for passage of the striker replacement bill. In sharp contrast, Clinton pulled out all the stops to pass the North American Free Trade Act (NAFTA) in 1993, to shape the World Trade Organization (WTO—founded in 1995), and to normalize trade relations with China in 1999—all to the benefit of Corporate America, which moved millions of manufacturing jobs overseas. Clinton also used provisions of the reactionary National Railway Labor Act (NLRA) fourteen times during his presidency to prevent workers in the airline and rail industries from going on strike, contributing significantly to the weakening of these unions.

http://isreview.org/issues/58/rep-clintonyear...
CEO REALLY GOTTA HAVE MO

Smartt, TN

#296 Sep 10, 2013
MONEY!
thx uaw

United States

#297 Sep 11, 2013
Tomorrow when vote NO!!! we are all loving the free hotel free food fun jobs oh and $24 and hr plus overtime so thanks guys oh yeah. Ff#k UAW 342
Yet another TRW worker

Terre Haute, IN

#298 Sep 11, 2013
thx uaw wrote:
Tomorrow when vote NO!!! we are all loving the free hotel free food fun jobs oh and $24 and hr plus overtime so thanks guys oh yeah. Ff#k UAW 342
Yeah vote no! So they can keep the scum there. We don't want them back, with them gone we don't have to watch our back so much.
Couldn't trust them.
thx uaw

United States

#299 Sep 11, 2013
Yet another TRW worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah vote no! So they can keep the scum there. We don't want them back, with them gone we don't have to watch our back so much.
Couldn't trust them.
Hey idk Bout u my backs Fine, hell when u all decide to stop fighting ill go honeto my wife and kids with all the money
FK the union

Charlotte, NC

#300 Sep 11, 2013
I went back to work yesterday and firmly suggest that if you need your job for you to return today.
I don't know how union vote will go that's today after while but everyone better listen real we'll
They's numerous NEW people training everywhere in the plant NUMEROUS
If you value your job I would return before your position is filled by someone else.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#301 Sep 11, 2013
FK the union wrote:
I went back to work yesterday and firmly suggest that if you need your job for you to return today.
I don't know how union vote will go that's today after while but everyone better listen real we'll
They's numerous NEW people training everywhere in the plant NUMEROUS
If you value your job I would return before your position is filled by someone else.
SCAB.......SLIMEY LITTLE WORM..........Traitor...just give in to the rich roll over lick there sacks.
vote no

United States

#302 Sep 11, 2013
No means no!!! If u vote yes u give in to trw andvmake the Strike ur on pointleas just u lossing 2 weeks Pau Wow Really smart guys if u say yes so like I said no means no it Will wotkout
trw

Murfreesboro, TN

#303 Sep 11, 2013
6 percent raise a lot better 401k match the contract is pretty good folks vote yes let's go make our 70 thousand a year an everyone happy
Another Trw worker

Niles, IL

#304 Sep 11, 2013
We got a 3% raise at our TRW but our insurance took care of that raise. People are working so much overtime to make ends meet. Yes there are lots of people looking for jobs right now, that's the only reason TRW feels like they have the upper hand in this. They don't care about the individual anymore. Eventually we will be a nation of cutthroats,understaffed, over worked, backstabbing,..... Oh wait a minute we already are.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#305 Sep 11, 2013
Ceo and front office of TRW have seen 300% increase in last 10 years.....How about same raise rates for workers.
Another TRW fellow

United States

#306 Sep 11, 2013
Dear thx uaw,
I don't know you. I don't know what other TRW you came from. That's irrevalent.
Here's my thoughts-
1) obviously your TRW doesn't pay you enough because you're thrilled to make $24 plus.Would you like it if they did?
2) obviously there's a reason the money was inticing to you. Whatever happened... Could it possibly be an unexpected medical debt?
3) obviously there's discourse at your TRW. You said "when you all decide to stop fighting...". Why are your fellow employees disgruntled ?
TRW is a very profitable corporation. IF TRW would just compensate their employees fairly- pay, health costs, policies, etc, would you have had to cross picket lines for free motel stays, free food,$24 dollars plus an hour? Don't you realize that that is EXACTLY the reason your fellow TRW brothers walked?
Dear UAW,
Please forgive a fellow TRW employee for the choice they made to cross picket lines. This person undercut the THE WHOLE OBJECTIVE for the working man. Not all of us (other TRW employees) agree with this persons choice, nor their blatant "in your face" behavior. There are a lot more fellow employees that support you!! God bless!
fact

Lebanon, TN

#307 Sep 11, 2013
the strikers should be happy cause they got a much needed vacation from working non stop and they got to spend quality time with their families. that's a win, win.
CEO DESERVES THE RAISES

Smartt, TN

#308 Sep 11, 2013
Look, TRW cares about individuals as long as it's ME!

This only stands to reason since my shit smells like fresh baked cinnamon rolls and truly is very edible.

If you are willing to take a slight pay cut, I'll consider putting you on the list of people with access to my golden toilet so you can get free dinner for you and your family.

The bottom line is that I am ambitious, unlike you, and I truly deserve the 250 million that I will be pulling off the top soon.

You see, when people get old and decrepit and faced with pooping flat turds, not being able to fight one's way out of a wet paper sack, and no longer able to get a hard on, something has got to replace those basic necessities.

Your enslavement and seeing how little I can get you and your neighbors to bust your asses, giving up all hopes of personal and leisure time for a mere pittance, while I literally can wipe my ass on all of your paychecks daily (I do poop scratch and sniff so that is a bonus) and have time to jet set all over the world doing absolutely NOTHING that resembles anything like WORK, well those things replace my being anything actually still resembling a MAN and clearly Americans have no problem with it as it has become quite en-vogue.

See the beauty of it? Your jealous peasant neighbors actually blame you guys for wanting even a tiny piece of the Rape and Pillage Fascist Pie!!!

So seriously, stop being such selfish bitches and you all would do well to do any and everything you can in order for me to be the most highly compensated CEO in any industry period.

Let's come together on this and amicably set two goals for the next three years; how much money I will make and how little you 'should be grateful' worms it will take for all of you to cease this work stoppage which is only slightly counter-productive to the most important cause.

Yours Truly,

Ferret Face
Another Trw worker wrote:
We got a 3% raise at our TRW but our insurance took care of that raise. People are working so much overtime to make ends meet. Yes there are lots of people looking for jobs right now, that's the only reason TRW feels like they have the upper hand in this. They don't care about the individual anymore. Eventually we will be a nation of cutthroats,understaffed, over worked, backstabbing,..... Oh wait a minute we already are.
CEO DESERVES THE RAISES

Smartt, TN

#309 Sep 11, 2013
See, this is the reason you are lucky to get a paycheck anywhere, you can't do simple math or understand even simple things like calendars.

We got far more than 300% over less than 10 years and why is it so hard for you to understand that we actually, unlike any of you, deserve it?

Before you start crying tears as big as horse turds about fairness, I know you've heard that, "life isn't fair" your whole life and seen it in action. Grow up you fawking fool and get used to it.
Huh wrote:
Ceo and front office of TRW have seen 300% increase in last 10 years.....How about same raise rates for workers.
CEO DESERVES THE RAISES

Smartt, TN

#310 Sep 11, 2013
I'm trying to slip in some fine print where any employee found or learned to have access to any 'quality time' that ever appears to be happy or contented, can be executed via firing squad.
fact wrote:
the strikers should be happy cause they got a much needed vacation from working non stop and they got to spend quality time with their families. that's a win, win.
YES

Troy, NC

#311 Sep 11, 2013
I heard the strike is over. is that true?
agreement

Murfreesboro, TN

#312 Sep 11, 2013
There's an agreement so bye bye scabs hope you don't catch that man that been helping out Ur ole lady y u been here
uaw proud

Greenville, SC

#313 Sep 11, 2013
Move over scabs we are coming back and we are going to let trw know ho3784w much we appreciate them just like they did us. Managment get ready here we come catch us if you can. No lube

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,394,845
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min ChristineM 199,224
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 5 min dindu tribal leader 187
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min An NFL Fan 387,923
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 9 min An NFL Fan 3,289
News Nuclear waste, anyone? Feds look to willing states 12 min warrengraham 1
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 16 min UTrashy 103
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 28 min abc 177
More from around the web