Top Republicans Say Romney Didn't Offer Specifics

Full story: ABC News

Top Republicans meeting for the first time since Election Day say the party lost its bid to unseat President Barack Obama because nominee Mitt Romney did not respond to criticism strongly enough or outline a specific agenda with a broad appeal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Romney has no broad appeal. He had 25% support during the primaries...hence the endless primaries.

Romney's only support come from those who pretend to be blind and deaf to reality.
Gitano

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

The religious right and the "My way or go to hell" Tea party are what cost republicans the election .

GOP rather not see that and it is their problem.
Gitano

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
Romney has no broad appeal. He had 25% support during the primaries...hence the endless primaries.
Romney's only support come from those who pretend to be blind and deaf to reality.
"Romney's only support come from those who pretend to be blind and deaf to reality."

Mostly southern Christian conservative and southern Tea party types.
Slurpee Summit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
The biggest issue is Romney was weak in a Tea Party chosen field of weaker contenders. It's like they made it as easy as they could for him. Hermain Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul should've never been there. Michelle Bachman especially.

The GOP put all of their eggs in Mitt's basket because he had the financial backing. And pundits claim he lost gracefully and conceded. This was probably his first loss in life without a safety net called Willard Marriot and The Mormon Society. He disrespected the electorate before, during and after. His entire life, he had never acted like he did in the first debate, in his attempt to draw Obama's arrogance out.

He failed, because that was the mission. Skewing the polls didn't discourage Obama's supporters, it rallied them and caused Mitt's crew to continue focusing on Angry White Men. Something bigger than Mitt lost on Nov. 6, 2012, it's name was HATRED and it's opponent was UNITY. Mitt thinks calling the few Whites that supported Obama, low class or takers is going to sway their next vote, he's dumber than any of us ever imagined. He was dumb for living 44 years with the intent of being the POTUS, anyways.

Only writing a victory speech , HUBRIS. He made a Tea Party to stir up crap for 5 years, along with Sen. Ryun Kansas(r)'s son, Ned Ryun founder of American Majority, another sore loser. He should have told the truth when Sen. Foley got caught emailing the teenage females, since he lived across the street from him. Ryun claimed that he didn't know Foley. Romney was a fraud, Willard Marriot was the mind behind George and Mitt Romney. Marriot's idea to issue work permits and block a path to citizenship as well, he mans his staff with 48% illegals; which he lobbied the states to allow for all businesses. In return they agree to purchase made in US products.

Romney!!! Kick rocks, buddy!!!
Utah raised Mormon whitey

Hillsboro, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

My Biography:

[] Raised in Utah. Check.
[] White. Check.
[] Raised Mormon. Check.
[] Middle income. Check.
[] Voted for Bush. Check (albeit with regret).

[] Voted for Romney? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I've been painted squarely into his demographic, but the man made me sick to my stomach. I got the impression that he would say quite literally anything put in front of him, on the justification that it would make him POTUS.

Good ridden.
LMAO

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Utah raised Mormon whitey wrote:
My Biography:
[] Raised in Utah. Check.
[] White. Check.
[] Raised Mormon. Check.
[] Middle income. Check.
[] Voted for Bush. Check (albeit with regret).
[] Voted for Romney? Not a snowballs chance in hell. I've been painted squarely into his demographic, but the man made me sick to my stomach. I got the impression that he would say quite literally anything put in front of him, on the justification that it would make him POTUS.
Good ridden.
I think that people who voted for B*sh should pay alone for the mess he made... I mean people are required by law to pick up the steamers after their pets in the streets, it should be the same for voters & politicians. I say, tax retroactively down to the year 2000 at 75% ANYONE who voted fot this moron who fcked up our country !!

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

GOP blindness made GOP victim of the bribe tactics of Obama. Romney and Ryan blindness caused the Republicans to lose the election time and again and again. Jindal is wrong to try to support the re-distribution of American money as gift to the Obama voters. Jindal must learn by now that Bribe is not constitutional and that he must stop bribing voters in America to prevent its collapse in bankruptcy. Mitt Romney is right to claim that Obama used executive orders and taking control of the student loans and mortgages to give free gifts and bribes to his minority base of Blacks, Hispanics and Asians who happily took the bribe in return for their vote to Obama and to the Democratic Party senators and Representatives. Mitt Romney is right to claim that more than 25 million food stampers, willingly unemployed, willingly disables, American student and foreign students from China and Saudi Arabia that their student loans was forgiven, home owners of minority Blacks and Hispanics that their mortgage was slashed or eliminated by Obama was the reason for the dependence of the Obama free checks. Obama policy of giving Amnesty and free checks to millions of young illegal invaders that came to America with visa that expired and other illegals that crossed the border using the hard earned money of Republicans, conservatives and Libertarians was another main reason for the stolen victory of Obama who believed in stealing as much money from the American people to buy your votes while the GOP 280 Senators and Congressmen will never stand up to the constitution that forbid bribe as way to buy votes and stay in power forever.
Not so

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Jeff Brightone wrote:
bright and totally offbase, as always.
If you

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Jeff Brightone wrote:
are concerned about bribes you need to look at the Superpacs and Grover Norquist who own these repugs,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Sir William Ferrell 218,262
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Pietro Armando 39,834
The end of Mitt Romneya s long winter 5 min charles in charge 6
Woman accused of tossing shoe at Clinton released 6 min charles in charge 35
Cruz: Impeach Holder over IRS scandal 7 min mjjcpa 282
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,034,189
US puts off decision on Keystone XL pipeline 8 min charles in charge 16
Obama to announce $600 million U.S. job-trainin... 24 min barefoot2626 152
Feds: Safety Concerns Led To Nevada Cow Release 26 min Responsibility 342