Bush hailed across party and global l...

Bush hailed across party and global lines as man of decency

There are 69 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Sunday Dec 2, titled Bush hailed across party and global lines as man of decency. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

Cathy Rogers of Windham, Maine, pays her respects at a makeshift memorial for President George H. W. Bush across from Walker's Point, the Bush's summer home, Saturday, Dec. 1, 2018, in Kennebunkport, Maine. Bush died at the age of 94 on Friday, about eight months after the death of his wife, Barbara Bush.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Piper

Manassas, VA

#1 Sunday Dec 2
I think H.W. Bush is a perfect example of religious conditioning prompting good folks to do some despicable things
anonymous

North York, Canada

#2 Monday Dec 3
Get the last of the dynasty in the pyramid already. We need to seal it and leave Anubis on guard against the oil thieves.

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#3 Monday Dec 3
It's all bipartisan after they are dead.
Used to be a Democrat

Salem, MA

#4 Monday Dec 3
His NO NEW TAX pledge cost him a second term in office, when he made a deal with the Democrats to raise taxes. The conservatives stayed home on Election Day, to punish him for his lie.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 Monday Dec 3
We mourn two losses: the elder Bush, and decency in the White House.
Cordwainer Trout

Richmond, KY

#6 Monday Dec 3
The American Left bashed Bush Sr. just as they currently bash Trump. They hadn't quite developed the hourly venom they use today, but the criticism of him were severe. Democrat operative "journalists" were outrageously insulting. Their influence imposed a limited war against Iraq, which led to the insanities of Saddam Hussein a decade later, which they also opposed confronting, then berating our own forces instead of the enemy's. American Leftist support of a Stalin lover, WMD purveyor like Saddam cannot be minimized.
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#7 Monday Dec 3
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The American Left bashed Bush Sr. just as they currently bash Trump. They hadn't quite developed the hourly venom they use today, but the criticism of him were severe. Democrat operative "journalists" were outrageously insulting. Their influence imposed a limited war against Iraq, which led to the insanities of Saddam Hussein a decade later, which they also opposed confronting, then berating our own forces instead of the enemy's. American Leftist support of a Stalin lover, WMD purveyor like Saddam cannot be minimized.
Yeah... Here comes another McCain style lionization from the left of someone they tried constantly to destroy. The thing they love about Bush Sr. and McCain is that they both LOST. And lost graciously. They only held grudges against other republicans, not the democrats who reviled them.
The older Bush was a decent administrator. He was not a bad president. His approval rating almost hit 90% at one point. Then the Clinton stain set in... Perot, Clinton, an economic downturn and viola... President Slick Willie. Now we get to listen to all the media freaks who torpedoed him try and sound even handed in his death. Gone and soon to be forgotten. I wonder how they will memorialize Bubba when he's finally done. I just hope he outlives the dowager. I'd love to see him remarry some hot, young 50 year old floozy when he's 80 and Hillary has gone off to Hell for more training. Carter?!? They should hold his memorial on the West Bank and bury him in Iran.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#8 Monday Dec 3
George H W Bush's passing proves the only Republicans Democrat's like are the dead ones. They hated Bush when he was President.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Monday Dec 3
Annie Oakly wrote:
George H W Bush's passing proves the only Republicans Democrat's like are the dead ones. They hated Bush when he was President.
I'm not even so sure about the dead ones.
Cordwainer Trout

Richmond, KY

#10 Monday Dec 3
It seems the only way the NY Times and other Leftist press can get attention during funeral arrangements is to totally distort their obituaries and press coverage. Not satisfied with their previous slandering of the Bush family (hell, they even went after Barbara, when she passed), they seek media upstaging attention by slandering, changing history and dismissing a good dead man today.
1 post removed

“Watching The Snowflakes Rant”

Since: Feb 17

Location hidden

#12 Monday Dec 3
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
True, the decency ended with Bill Clinton......
Sandra

Deer Park, TX

#13 Monday Dec 3
In my lifetime George H W Bush was the most knowledgeable, trustworthy and decent person that ever occupied the Oval Office. He was the head of the CIA, Ambassador to the UN, Congressman, Vice President, etc. There is absolutely no comparison to him and Trump, both experience and decency. He was a Rebublican when Republicans had sense.
Sandra

Deer Park, TX

#14 Monday Dec 3
Annie Oakly wrote:
Guess what? I am a lifelong Democrat and I voted for him. So much for your theories
Say What

Dalton, GA

#15 Monday Dec 3
Annie Oakly wrote:
You are confusing the dad with the son. The son was the one who was despised and for good reasons, 2 wars and the worst financial meltdown since the great depression.
1 post removed
Impeach the Creep

Madison, WI

#17 Monday Dec 3
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Or as Reaganís VP we can recall....

The backing of dictatorships and death squads throughout Latin America
The crushing of unions
The racist attacks on welfare (and racism more generally)
The callous indifference to the AIDS crisis
The support for apartheid South Africa
The ramping up of the war on drugs
Iran-Contra (Bushís role here was especially pernicious)
Reaganomics
The empowering of the religious right

And donít forget his unwavering support for Marcos.

But still arguably a better human being than Rump ever was, and clearly doesnít care to be.
A la Dumbass

Hockessin, DE

#18 Monday Dec 3
Annie Oakly wrote:
So did Ross Perot
1 post removed
Sandra

Deer Park, TX

#20 Tuesday Dec 4
A la Dumbass wrote:
<quoted text>

So did Ross Perot
Ross Perot is one of the key factors in Bush losing the election, simply by running. This cost Bush a lot of votes.
General Kabaka Oba

Seymour, IN

#21 Tuesday Dec 4
Isn't it ironic that McCain and now Bush are praised by liberal politians and media, what happened? they dispised both not long ago, but since both men were anti-Trump they lavish them with praise.
General Kabaka Oba

Seymour, IN

#22 Tuesday Dec 4
Sandra wrote:
<quoted text>Ross Perot is one of the key factors in Bush losing the election, simply by running. This cost Bush a lot of votes.
Perot would of been a much better president then Bush or Clinton.
General Kabaka Oba

Seymour, IN

#23 Tuesday Dec 4
Sandra wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what? I am a lifelong Democrat and I voted for him. So much for your theories
"I am a lifelong Democrat" We know you're not the sharpest tack in the box.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guard troops will be back for Christmas (Nov '09) 6 min C Kersey 20
News Trump threatens gov't shutdown in heated meetin... 9 min WasteWater 208
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Seentheotherside 121,827
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Hudson 367,227
News Comey says House Republicans are 'shameful' aft... 13 min WasteWater 11
News Giuliani: 'Over my dead body' will Mueller inte... 20 min WasteWater 86
News White House pulls back from shutdown threat ove... 23 min Jan2018 6
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Cheech the Conser... 1,875,598
News Donald Trump says US military to build border w... 2 hr WasteWater 351