Obamacare used to be political poison...

Obamacare used to be political poison for Democrats. Now they see it...

There are 117 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Jun 11, 2018, titled Obamacare used to be political poison for Democrats. Now they see it.... In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Luke Mayville helped pilot the "Medicaid Mobile" throughout Idaho, gathering signatures to force a statewide vote on Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act. For years Democrats ran from the healthcare issue as though it were a heap of flaming rubble, which, politically speaking, it was.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#1 Jun 11, 2018
Yes, please run for office on Obamascam. We pay for our own, with free prescriptions, and it is less then a family of four with Obamascam. I will never under stand why people don't shop around before they buy into another Government scam.
General Kabaka Oba

Churubusco, IN

#2 Jun 11, 2018
If the ACA was so great why did the Politian's opt out?
General Kabaka Oba

Churubusco, IN

#3 Jun 11, 2018
Where's Grubber when you need him?
ardith

Tampa, FL

#4 Jun 11, 2018
It is kind of weird how lying Republicans made dummies think there was something wrong with affordable health insurance. I guess they now want the government to take Medicare away from their parents?
ardith

Tampa, FL

#5 Jun 11, 2018
I know people who are young but never worked for a company that helped provide health insurance. It makes me really sad to think about them losing what they now have. Republicans are just cruel and thoughtless...how sad for our nation.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#6 Jun 11, 2018
Obamascam pretty much collapsed when we removed the mandate that you had to pay for it even if you were young, and could just as easily have gotten private insurance cheaper.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#7 Jun 11, 2018
ardith wrote:
It is kind of weird how lying Republicans made dummies think there was something wrong with affordable health insurance. I guess they now want the government to take Medicare away from their parents?
And there's the problem in a nutshell: you refuse to understand.
There's nothing weird about people demanding that they be allowed to determine their own priorities.
Some people would prefer to eat rather than pay for health insurance, particularly if they are healthy. Others would rather invest in schools, housing, retirement funds. They're not dummies. They simply have different priorities.
And they hear Democrats calling them names and cast aspersions merely because they do not subscribe to Orwellian groupthink.
Democrats can continue their smug strategy as long as they can, for all I care.
But, they'll never get my vote until they show that they at least are willing to understand.
Fundie Fatwazz Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 11, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
We pay for our own, with free prescriptions, and it is less then a family of four with Obamascam.
That's a complete lie.

First, Obamacare is a private health insurance marketplace overseen by the government. It doesn't offer insurance per se. Private companies offer the health insurance via Obamacare (unless it's the very popular Medicare or Medicaid.) You did not obtain health insurance outside of Obamacare, if that's what you're claiming in your addled, unclear post.

Second, if you're claiming that you pay all your health insurance costs out of pocket without insurance at all then you're just claiming you're Amish, you're not really saying anything about Obamacare. Except that (you're lying) your entire family had no health costs over the past year or years.

It's clear you don't even understand the most basic things about what you are reflexively critiquing. And that you lie badly and baldly.
1 post removed
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#10 Jun 11, 2018
No, it is you who lies. You are too incompetent to look for better coverage on your own. Pay for Obamascam. The premium goes up every year, but you are to stupid look for cheaper insurance.

Since: Oct 08

Roswell, GA

#11 Jun 11, 2018
one of the best deals was that a 26 year old could stay on mommy and daddy's coverage.....pfffft...when I was 26, had 4 kids, a mortgage and a 60 hour a week job.
USaWorldBullyWar Monger

Elmhurst, NY

#12 Jun 11, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
one of the best deals was that a 26 year old could stay on mommy and daddy's coverage.....pfffft...when I was 26, had 4 kids, a mortgage and a 60 hour a week job.
Seeing_that_you_CONnedServativ e_boomers_generation_caused_ho st_problems_at_home_and_abroad ;You_are_guilty_as_charge,for_ crimes_against_humanity!

JAJAJAJA
Say What

Dalton, GA

#13 Jun 11, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
well you must have not been a genius at that age, otherwise that is good provision of the aca

Since: Oct 08

Roswell, GA

#14 Jun 11, 2018
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>

well you must have not been a genius at that age, otherwise that is good provision of the aca
all its good for is more 18 year olds waiting till they are 26 to stop living in their parents basements, rent free, and hanging out at starbucks sipping their double espresso cappuccino latte grande and bashing trump on the free wifi.
USaWorldBullyWar Monger

Elmhurst, NY

#15 Jun 11, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

all its good for is more 18 year olds waiting till they are 26 to stop living in their parents basements, rent free, and hanging out at starbucks sipping their double espresso cappuccino latte grande and bashing trump on the free wifi.
I_see_you_jealous_Of_The_GenX_ Gen_y_and_GenZ!

While_Wreedy_arring_GBoomers_A s_you_slaves_To-Corporatism...

Bahahahaaaa
Say What

Dalton, GA

#16 Jun 11, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>

nah. a lot of them are in college and working at the same time. and trump deserves every bashing he gets, he earns it. remember genius you were young once.
Fundie Fatwazz Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jun 11, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is you who lies. You are too incompetent to look for better coverage on your own. Pay for Obamascam. The premium goes up every year, but you are to stupid look for cheaper insurance.
It is true if "your family" is not eligible for the ACA government help with health insurance premiums that you _might_ have found a policy outside the ACA's private marketplace.

Name the health insurance company in IL which sells health insurance policies in IL without being part of the ACA's private insurance marketplace. You know, the "cheaper" one "your family" all uses. Those policies, particularly if they're cheaper for "your family" than the insurance marketplace ones, do not cover health in the way the ACA marketplace ones do. You are not talking about getting equivalent insurance.

Also, health insurance premiums were going up dramatically before the ACA; they would have continued doing so had the ACA not been put in place. The ACA put a lot more people on health insurance plans, made those plans conform to non disingenuous minimum coverage standards, and offered health insurance subsidies to the poor and middle class.
2 posts removed
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#20 Jun 11, 2018
My insurance company is none of your business. Who the hell do you think you are? To me you are nobody. If you want cheaper insurance it Is available. Look it up.
Fundie Fatwazz Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jun 11, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
My insurance company is none of your business.
Then you should not have brought it up. And you're an ignorant liar.
Annie Oakly

Wilmington, IL

#22 Jun 11, 2018
I brought it up so others could get off Obamascam if they were tired of the premium going up. All the information is available if you have more then one working brain cell
Fundie Fatwazz Aroma

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Jun 11, 2018
Annie Oakly wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought it up so others could
You were lying and mistaken in your claims about this health coverage from outside of the ACA's insurance marketplace and that's why you cannot name the insurance company which offers what you are claiming "your family" has in the state you show you post from.

The premiums were going up before the ACA, too. That was one of the major problems. They would have been going up all these years had the ACA never been passed, too. For the far left the ACA was a big disappointment exactly because it kept a private health insurance model.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min SHORTY 223,827
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min SpeakingFreely 1,860,155
News 2018: The year of dog whistle politics 6 min spud 33
News Donald Trump: We're Going to Build a Wall and M... (Oct '15) 7 min Hillariefartsbill 82
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Lawrence Wolf 115,959
News Trump blasts 'little Adam Schitt' after Schiff ... 14 min Lawrence Wolf 9
News Police Arrest 51 Activists Demanding Climate Ac... 18 min NICK 111
News Ocasio-Cortez says her constituents are "outrag... 31 min Lawrence Wolf 103