Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

There are 38607 comments on the www.washingtonpost.com story from Apr 30, 2011, titled Why do Americans still dislike atheists?. In it, www.washingtonpost.com reports that:

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtonpost.com.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#39142 Jun 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Finland's State Church was the Church of Sweden until 1809. As an autonomous Grand Duchy under Russia 1809–1917,
HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!

You just told EVERYONE that *YOU****** would not take Wikipedia as a reference from me and WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING YOU DID?

Putting aside YOU STOLE THE COPY WITHOUT REFERENCES as to the source (WIKIPEDIA!)

HAHAHAHAHA

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#39143 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!
You just told EVERYONE that *YOU****** would not take Wikipedia as a reference from me and WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING YOU DID?
Putting aside YOU STOLE THE COPY WITHOUT REFERENCES as to the source (WIKIPEDIA!)
HAHAHAHAHA
Nobody has to justify anything to a trolling piece of shit like you. Take it elsewhere c*ntface.

Location hidden

#39144 Jun 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I think I know why you can't say what your religion is. You're too fcking stupid to spell it.
WAHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHH! MOMMY! WAHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHH! I demand he tell me his religion! WAHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHH!

Location hidden

#39145 Jun 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Learn how to click a link reject!!! OMFG how do you guys deal with such idiocy???
Holy Fck I post youtube videos
WAHHHHH! WAHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I demand he watch my propaganda! WAHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHH! I spend so much time copy and pasting other people's crap the least he can do is watch my YouTube links! WAHHHHH!

Location hidden

#39146 Jun 29, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Finland's State Church was the Church of Sweden
pla·gia·rism
[pley-juh-riz-uhm,-jee-uh-riz- ]
noun
an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.

+

PS: You sound pretty stupid putting Wikipedia off limits when it is your go to source!

HAHAHAHAAH!

Location hidden

#39147 Jun 29, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive Seen Your Writing...This Is A Cut And Paste...Give The Author His Dues.
EXACTlY.

Can you believe the chutzpah of this MORON who demands proof but they are not to use Wikipedia when he stole this lock stock & barrel?

HAHAHAHAAHAH!

Location hidden

#39148 Jun 29, 2012
(quote)
Group wants Finland to cut state-run church

A group facilitating secession from Finland’s Evangelical Lutheran Church is calling for a separation of church and state in Finland following Norway’s decision to abolish its state church.

The secular organisation eroakirkosta.fi says it is wrong that Evangelical Lutheranism is the country’s official religion when only a quarter of Finns believe in a Christian God.

Neighbouring Norway is expected to approve a constitutional amendment to abolish its state-sponsored church on Monday.
Secularised Finland

Finns have been leaving Finland’s state-sponsored church in droves since the launch of the eroakirkosta.fi website, which allows people to leave the institution with the click of a mouse. The group reports that more than 315,000 people have used the service since it went live in 2003, the same year a revised Freedom of Religion Act was passed.

The exodus from Finland’s Evangelical Lutheran Church peaked in 2010 after a gay rights panel discussion aired on Yle TV2. Many left because of the perceived narrow-mindedness of the church on LGBT issues.

Around three quarters of Finns belong to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Finland. Church members pay a church tax amounting to around one percent of their income.

PS: HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#39149 Jun 29, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to justify anything to a trolling piece of shit like you. Take it elsewhere c*ntface.
Anymore than they have to justify a trolling bus station sausage jockey like yourself.

You might consider investing in a wash clothe... your pearl necklace is running down your shirt.

Location hidden

#39150 Jun 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Don't bother with Gilbert Grape, he has down syndrome
'down' syndrome, eh,

What's the matter, precious, did Goodwill replace you with someone more qualified? Did you forget right tighty and lefty loosy and you need a new position screwing on tooth paste caps?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#39151 Jun 29, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has to justify anything to a trolling piece of shit like you. Take it elsewhere c*ntface.
Bwahahaha! Madscot is getting mad.

Location hidden

#39152 Jun 29, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>WAHHHHH! WAHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I demand he watch my propaganda! WAHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHH! I spend so much time copy and pasting other people's crap the least he can do is watch my YouTube links! WAHHHHH!
LMAO!

Location hidden

#39153 Jun 29, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has to justify anything to a trolling piece of shit like you. Take it elsewhere c*ntface.
What's wrong? Barefoot making you look stupid? Bwahaha!

Since: Mar 11

Ft Mitchell, KY

#39154 Jun 29, 2012
Yawn did the cowardly Theist ever say what religion he is or what he actually believes? Hmmmm no? Didn't think so. Maybe Faux news will give him an answer. At least they could teach him to click a link. Or perhaps the trailer park manager could help him out?

Lmfao @ inbreeds
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39155 Jun 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Will you threaten him if he doesn't? Threats of violence are quite prevalent from the religious posters on the board.
<quoted text>
Loser.....I WONT BE BROUGHT TO YOUR LEVEL

“The eye has it...”

Since: Jan 12

Russell's teapot.

#39156 Jun 30, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Loser.....I WONT BE BROUGHT TO YOUR LEVEL
Holy crap...

Wolfie went all caps on us. He spelled *loser* correctly, too.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#39157 Jun 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
*deleted skreaming text*
You just told EVERYONE that *YOU****** would not take Wikipedia as a reference from me
didn't use wikipedia copied that text from a forum

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#39158 Jun 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
using us-law on a european

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39159 Jun 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell: in what country can you be killed for being an atheist?
Putting aside you can be beaten to death in the USA for being gay?
Any country where there's godbots.

You put aside and bring up in the same sentence. Cheap trick. The same religion corrupted mentality that would assault gay people would probably love to chalk up an Atheist or two. Is that what you wanted to hear? Did I fall into your trap?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39160 Jun 30, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOOBY: you do know the percentages given are in comparison to other religions?
That the worldwide **percentage** of Christians is dropping compared to Muslims?
And you do understand that the term THEIST includes Muslims?
And that it includes Hindus?
And that the population is increasing faster (and I will allow you three guess) faster where?
The information is clear enough, even comes close to your own 10/75% figure. It is the trends that bear me out. If colorful charts aren't your cup of tea ... how about real world experience. The church I attended as a child ... out of business. The church my wife coerced me to attend when our kids were born ... out of business. The churches that are flourishing all seem to have TV cameras in them. Nothing draws a crowd to a sermon better than a chance to get on TV.

Muslims are a menace. A religion that simply turns your mind to mush, no big deal. Sad, but no big deal. A religion that turns out suicidal zealots, a menace. Let's face it ... a "club" that offers total male domination over women, a chance to "strike back" at the Great Satan's that have exploited your innocent people and the promise of eventual World Domination ... why ... that's everything anybody could ever want in a good religion!!! Hey ... maybe your head bang'n bruise will compliment your already prominent "buckle bruise".

Since: Mar 11

Ft Mitchell, KY

#39161 Jun 30, 2012
The truth hurts! Obviously me pointing out his and his fellow Theists threats against people who simply don't share their narrow world view threats touched a nerve. LOL
Nontheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap...
Wolfie went all caps on us. He spelled *loser* correctly, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bounces into the lead 1 min stop trump 135
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Truth is might 201,357
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min Quirky 391,296
News Bernie Sanders Wants Donald Trump To Know He Al... (Dec '15) 17 min stop trump 32
News Clinton On Police Murders: 'Don't Let Hate Infe... 21 min True Judgement 89
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 38 min Quirky 10,409
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Rogue Scholar 05 219,525
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Obama is a joke 1,404,448
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 233,155
News Sarah Silvermana s rebuke to the Bernie-or-bust... 2 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 55
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 3 hr NotSoDivineMsM 205
More from around the web