Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday

President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.
Comments
58,521 - 58,540 of 109,596 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2013
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Wartime wrote:
<quoted text>
Take note, Americans. Given the that whacko-Kagan believes that government has the right to dictate what Americans can eat, I've decided to dictate what they can breathe, along with the terms of their burials.
Specifically, all democrats are forthwith ordered to kneel behind Obama and inhale deeply, after which their poisoined, lifeless, dead carcasses will be reprimanded to the gulf, to drift aimlessly amidst the billions of barrels of Obama oil.
And if fatso Kagan's despicable fatass, lesbian, anti-American disgrace of a libwhacked ass refuses to sink, then let it be known that her floating fat ass shall be forever known as "Obama-the-traitor-suck-o n-this-island".
It is so ordered.
Washington, DC—Today, Rep. Chaffetz (R-UT), along with Rep. Issa (R-CA) sent a letter to David Kappos, the Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as Michael Williams, President and CEO of Fannie Mae, seeking information concerning a patent issued to Fannie Mae regarding a residential Cap and Trade system.

On June 7, 2005, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) issued Patent No. 6,904,336 for a “System and Method for Residential Emissions Trading.” The patent was assigned to the Federal National Mortgage Association (“Fannie Mae”) and CO2e.com , LLC of New York. The patent lists former Fannie Mae Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Franklin D. Raines as the primary inventor. Former Fannie Mae executives Scott Lesmes and Robert Sahadi are also listed as inventors.

“I have serious questions about why Fannie Mae, back in 2005, was working on a Cap and Trade scheme,” said Rep. Chaffetz.“Why would they be spending their resources on something that is well outside of the scope of Fannie Mae’s charter? We want to see all the information relating to the patents issued to these ‘inventive’ former Fannie Mae executives?”

“Having ventured far beyond sub-prime lending policies, Fannie Mae appears to have served as a full-blown liberal think tank for crony-capitalist ideas,” said Rep. Issa.“While the crony-capitalist Democrats who ran Fannie Mae like Franklin Raines and Jim Johnson used these kinds of ideas to enrich themselves, it was the American taxpayers who were left holding the bag after they failed. It’s disturbing that Fannie Mae executives were positioning themselves in 2005 for financial gain from an Obama Administration cap-and-trade system, but given the huge amount of campaign contributions Fannie Mae poured over President Obama it should be no surprise.”

Follow the money:
American Power Act
Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX)
Barack Obama
Valerie Jarrett
Goldman Sachs
Al Gore
Camco International Ltd
Fannie Mae
Franklin Raines
Emerald Cities
The Joyce Foundation
Apollo Alliance
Van Jones
Joel Rogers
Maurice Strong...

When the POTUS Rams thru,The Cap n Tax bill,CCX will make Trillions of dollars..The POTUS said When is enough,enough?
All those who share at the trough,Are obligated to CPUSA
and Unions,plus the DSA...IMHO Emanuel<has laid the foundations
to leave the WH & oversee the operation of CCX in Chicago? Let
us see?
AnnDee

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

It keeps on getting longer and longer
Yes it's 2010!
Mmmmm,Mmmmmmm Barack Hussien Obama
Obama in one year!
Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac destruction of our economy
ACORN VOTER FRAUD
Obama pockets largest amount of Fanny and Freddy cash
Obama living a lavish lifestyle imported Japanese Steak at $100 a pound every Wednesday night
numerous vacations
playing golf
Voted for TARP
$787 billion stimulus redistribution bill
9000 pieces of pork
$6.4 billion dollars to fake zip codes
ACORN VOTER FRAUD
bills passed without reading in the middle of the night
Healthcare bill admittedly about 'redistributing the wealth'
Single Payer Healthcare proponent
President Obama now also President of GM & Chrysler
President Obama seizes control of insurance giant AIG
President Obama is leading America to single payer healthcare
President Obama seized control of Student Loan industry in order to 'cut out middle man'
President Obama seizes control in massive land grabs
playing more golf
CASH FOR CLUNKERS taking affordable transportation off the road so rich people could buy $30,000 cars
Repeatedly vilifies 'the rich'
Obama believes race problems can be solved through redistribution of wealth... he said "race is still an enormous factor in our society. But economics can overcome a lot of racial division."
ACORN VOTER FRAUD
Trying to regulate the Internet via FCC
Forces mortgage co's to cover people who aren't paying mortgage
Extends unemployment benefits to 99 weeks= double digit unemployment more underemployed
12 trillion in new national debt,
an increase in attempted terrorist attacks on U.S. soil,
snickering about our failed foreign policies from our allies in Europe,
and being a wholly owned subsidiary of China in less than a year in office,
Told Joe the plumber 'it's better when you spread things around
Surrendering to Russia over Missile Defence;
Appeasing the Mullahs of Iran;
golf instead of the gulf
Ending the War on Terror;
Promised exit from Afghanistan and Iraq in 16 months
Announcing a Surge while Declaring an Exit;
Apologising to France for America‚“Arrogance”;
Giving DVDs to the British Prime Minister;
Siding with Marxists in Honduras;
Bowing to Emperors and Kings;
ACORN VOTER FRAUD
Promised exit from Afghanistan and Iraq
Embracing Genocidal Killers in Sudan;
Throwing Churchill out of The White House.
Taxpayers could be on the hook for another $165 billion if a bill to bail out private union pension funds makes it through Congress.
Payoffs to unions
House Democrats, who are trying to pass a long-stalled war funding bill this week, have attached $10 billion to help local school districts avoid teacher layoffs when schools reopen.
Cornhusker kickback Louisiana Purchase and the Gatorade Exception,
we now have the offer to Cong. Joe Sestak (D-PA) for a high ranking job in the executive branch, the "name your price" offer to former US Sen. Mel Martinez (R-FL), and the offer of a judgeship to the brother of Cong Jim Matheson (D-UT), who voted against the House version of the federal management of healthcare. paying off votes by judgeships
more golf
AnnDee

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Still in Afghanistan and Iraq
Offers candidates big jobs to decline from races.
Weakening our Miranda rights
Show absolutely no leadership during the worst gulf disaster ever!
Next stop nationalize oil industry
Obama says Gulf disaster will have similar impact to 9/11, then
goes golfing the next day
“We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best
answers so I know whose ass to kick“
“Singularly focused”
Obama’s golfing, fundraising, vacation, and sports events
“Obviously, the loss of Daniel Pearl was one of those moments that
captured the world’s imagination because it reminded us of how valuable a free press is.”
Criticizes AZ immigration enforcement for paper checking while
Secret Service checks immigration status of students at Obama event
“Information becomes a distraction” with X-boxes, PlayStations, iPods, iPads
“I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
President who demands that Americans show health-insurance papers
suddenly skittish about residency documents
Playing golf instead of paying respects to the late Polish president
“Whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower”
Gives 17-minute answer to question about being overtaxed
Believes Tea Party core is Birthers
Obama refused to be seen with Netanyahu
“Your employer, it’s estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3000%!”
Obama off by $868 billion on CBO deficit savings projection of ObamaCare
Obama challenges GOP on tort reform, winds up proving GOP point on reconciliation
Obama’s “Acme Insurance” anecdote proves he doesn’t understand
insurance
Obama claims 2 million jobs saved or created, website shows 590K
Obama gripes about filibusters in a year with none … after having 60 seats in the Senate
Obama says “corpse-man” for corpsman 3 times at Nat’l Prayer Breakfast
Scolding the Supreme Court over ruling that he got completely wrong during SOTU
People are unhappy with Obama’s performance because he didn’t get
enough public face time to explain himself
Suddenly jobs saved or created “never expected to be the public accounting of Obama’s goal to save or create 3.5
million jobs”
Obama rushes home for minor injury to family friend, keeps golfing after
Eunuch Bomber attack
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Happy Holidays. It's day 75 of the Obama oil leak and he sure is on top of things.

The DJIA closed at 9,686.48 and unemployment had another whole bunch of people that stopped looking for work.

Yes we can!-(the libtards can make us just like Greece!) Heil Obama!

Day 75...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Dingo wrote:
Another cut and paste..., I am so surprised.
Hi!
How are you my good friend? every thing OK today?
so what did you pay for those adult diapers at walMart today?
not that I care.
Hi!
<quoted text>
trying to change tactics I see. The funny thing is this: you still are not even close to a thing!
O'loser must be wasting his money on fools like you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You ound just like Lily, Lily. Frustrated tonight?
Would you like to join me in St. Lucia next week? You can carry my bags lib.
London in August. What is Walmart? Is that in New York?
You liberals say weird stuff. COme on 2008Bill/Airman/Devin/Lily...
Freak.
I was wondering the same thing.
O'losers workers cannot seem to make a difference over the net. And they just ran out of ideas to "try" and persuade the people to vote dem's again.
They are failing miserably. I bet O'loser is in the WH head spinning around trying like hell to get the net shut down.

As I stated about them before my friend, "a fool will stumble in his own folly" Taken from scriptures.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Crime, Inc." nest of communists: The Crime Ring Combines the White House, Goldman Sachs, Obama, Al Gore, Emerald Cities Collaborative, Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX), George Soros, Valerie Jarrett, Goldman Sachs, Center for American Progress, Franklin Raines, Gerry Hudson, SEIU, Van Jones, AFL-CIO, ACORN, Green for All, Fannie Mae, Enterprise Community Partners, Art Lujan, Jack Hayn, Andy Stern, Phaedra Ellis Lamkins, Joyce Foundation, Livable Cities Initiative and "The Wizard": New Party and Apollo Alliance Founder, Joel Rogers. The crime ring is robbing us blind. Says the pending financial bill will give the FTC new control over the Internet!?! Study the CCX members closely. There are mega companies involved in the international global warming scam.

Good luck,See the MESSMEDIA is all over the CCX case? Vomit!
BTW,The Kremlin is that way>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Bill_S wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering the same thing.
O'losers workers cannot seem to make a difference over the net. And they just ran out of ideas to "try" and persuade the people to vote dem's again.
They are failing miserably. I bet O'loser is in the WH head spinning around trying like hell to get the net shut down.
As I stated about them before my friend, "a fool will stumble in his own folly" Taken from scriptures.
The liberal fools posting here demonstrate this very clearly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
funny I don't recall you being in this thread.
Anyway - if you are talking about anyone belittling Wart - it's well deserved - he's a nut and he's no vet.
AND BTW Fatty Waxman - YOU are the poser - and Devin is just ONE of your handpuppets.
And once again the loon has spoken nonsense. Come on Lily or Dev or whoever you are.
Show some substance in your posts.
Can't handle the truth so you resort to name calling?
Come on show something of value. Except how ignorant you are.

They said on Eyewitness news last night " the stimulus is failing at a rapid rate. The so called jobs that were created? Where all temp jobs. The unemployment is rising once again and O'loser has done nothing to get the economy flowing."
They asked experts what happened." Look it up for the rest.

You see the news agencies that once supported O'loser are now turning against him. They are finally calling him out on his so called things he said he would do.

June was the deadliest month in Afghan. That is under O'losers watch.

Private sector jobs has done nothing to getting the flow of jobs going. Why? the stimulus money didn't go to anyone looking to build a building or whatever. They sat on the money. And not one thing done by O'loser about it. In fact he gave a speach a "year later" on the subject. His quote "Now we get the banks to start loaning money". Hello why a year to even say anything?
Does he not know it takes 6-18 months to even break ground on a construction site?

You see the big reason people want him and the other idiots out of there is simple!
They got to stop spending!
They also have to repeal the health care crap!
Immigration? We need to shut down companies that hire illegals period. That will stop them from coming here and working for low wages. Which has driven lot of the cost of certian trades way down.
Why would someone hire a guy for 20 an hour versus a guy for min wage? Same work!
You can thank the illegals for that one.
I know a guy who does a certain trade and charges 1.00 per foot. When other companies charge 2.00 a foot. He hires his family all undocumented workers. Pays the highest paid guy 15 an hour. Which in our trade should be 38 an hour.

These are simple reasons why Americans are pissed at O'loser and his goons!

But then again I doubt if you can comprehend that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Continued:

They also have to give tax breaks to give these private sector companies the chance to make money to be able to hire employees.
It is a trade off!
You raise taxes on these Co's and you either force them to raise prices. Which can hurt business.
Or they cut back employees and make the smaller crew handle everything. That hurts job growth.

So Lily tell me what has O'loser really done positive! I showed you simple facts. Let us see what you know!

Since: Aug 09

Metropolis, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigots don't see the diffrence, to them all Hispanics are "Mexican Border Jumpers" their nationalities are irrelevant to bigots so it's easy to lump latinos into one group for them....
How does an illegal come across the border where the median wage is less than $4.50 an hour, and being Illegally here demand $10.00 an hour....
Very True, most don't see the differance, but I have some hispanic friends and some in my family, I also worked with migrant farm workers for years and understand the hardships with being called illegal when they aren't illegal.
But the reason the arizona law was put into effect has now trickled to the politicians in the house, now that most of them told obama that they will not support his amnesty plan until the federal law is addressed and the border secured.
The law was a tactic by the arizona governor to enforce the federal law that our current and past presidents failed to enforce.
It finally looks like it is working, Hopefully it stays that way.
1 post removed

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Barak Obama singing the praises of Robert KKK Byrd at his funeral. What a sello out and an insult to real blacks.....especially those that have suffered from racism.

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Pfluger's gonna LOOOOVE this one...

Arizona solar plant gets big boost from feds

President Barack Obama announced Saturday that the federal government will provide a $1.45 billion loan guarantee through the stimulus act for the Solana Generating Station solar-power plant in Gila Bend.

The plant will be one of the largest solar projects in the country and the first to store heat on a large scale so that it can continue to make electricity after sunset. Its developers have struggled for two years to find a decent loan amid the recession.

..."It will take about 1,600 people to build the plant and 85 to run it...."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/20...

but...but...but....but...

The Obama-Biden comprehensive New Energy for America plan will:

* Provide short-term relief to American families facing pain at the pump

* Help create FIVE MILLION NEW JOBS by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/newene...

Let's see 5,000,000 - 85 =
ONLY 4,999,915 TO GO!!

WHOOOOOOPEEEEEEEE!!!!

You people that voted for this STOOGE should be ASHAMED!

“PEACE THORUGH STRENGTH”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our selection between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat in our drink, in our necessities and comforts, in our labors and in our amusements, for our callings and our creeds...our people.. must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses; and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live.. We have not time to think, no means of calling the mis-managers to account, but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow suffers. Our landholders, too...retaining indeed the title and stewardship of estates called theirs, but held really in trust for the treasury, must...be contented with penury, obscurity and exile.. private fortunes are destroyed by public as well as by private extravagance.

This is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of society is reduced to mere automatons of misery, to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering... And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." Thomas Jefferson
Truth

Seneca, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??
Lily

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Bill S - The election of Obama had an IMMEDIATE positive effect for America. He was warmly received by the rest of the world – that’s the first thing.

Second - Obama has chosen his people well. It's easy to forget, but Obama came into office facing a many challendges and the most frightening economic situation. He assembled in short order an extremely competent economic team and took -- or, in many cases, continued -- the drastic measures needed to stave off disaster. And those measures succeeded. There was no Great Depression II – and thanks to his efforts, many jobs were SAVED.

He has restored a balance between security and liberty in his handling of terrorists and alleged terrorists. He was right to end abusive treatment of detainees; he was right also to reject an ACLU mind-set in their handling.

He has sent a clear message to other nations that the United States is committed to its values and its self-defense, and he's gone a long way toward backing up both with his actions. He again assembled, through judicious retention and new hires, a solid team, and for the most part it has shaped reasonable policies to defend against terrorism.

And Happy 4th of July to all you friggin’ miserable human beings and anti-American scumbags.

I'm out - it's disrespectful to our nation to converse with you Russian con artists on this holiday weekend.
1 post removed

“Hook "em Horns”

Houston, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Somebody has to create jobs because the private sector sure as hell isn't creating any jobs right now. Too busy hiring H1B visa workers and sending the jobs to China and India.

“Hook "em Horns”

Houston, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Ohhhhhhbama wrote:
ANOTHER promise made by Obama that he will not keep. Thanks Dems and Liberals, you took it hook, line and sinker!
How many promises did Bush break? Bush lied and thousands died!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Lily wrote:
Bill S - The election of Obama had an IMMEDIATE positive effect for America. He was warmly received by the rest of the world – that’s the first thing.
Second - Obama has chosen his people well. It's easy to forget, but Obama came into office facing a many challendges and the most frightening economic situation. He assembled in short order an extremely competent economic team and took -- or, in many cases, continued -- the drastic measures needed to stave off disaster. And those measures succeeded. There was no Great Depression II – and thanks to his efforts, many jobs were SAVED.
He has restored a balance between security and liberty in his handling of terrorists and alleged terrorists. He was right to end abusive treatment of detainees; he was right also to reject an ACLU mind-set in their handling.
He has sent a clear message to other nations that the United States is committed to its values and its self-defense, and he's gone a long way toward backing up both with his actions. He again assembled, through judicious retention and new hires, a solid team, and for the most part it has shaped reasonable policies to defend against terrorism.
And Happy 4th of July to all you friggin’ miserable human beings and anti-American scumbags.
I'm out - it's disrespectful to our nation to converse with you Russian con artists on this holiday weekend.
LOL, you only told me your views and how people perceived him. After that what has he done? To be honest that was only your opinion as well.
See he has dragged his feet, cost more American lives by not allowing the General to do his job.
O'loser has never stepped foot on a battle field. And it shows by his poor decisions.
June was the deadliest month on record for our troops.
Under O'losers watch. Cause of politics!
Now you moron,
show us what he really has done. Besides give big speeches.
Words mean nothing without actually doing something.

This is what the other side knows,
O'loser promised the following:
"I will not raise the deficit".
"I will return our troops by the end of the 1st year".
"I will get the banks to loan money once again with the stimulus money"
" I will get those Americans back to work by the end of summer my 1st year".

Now what has happened? None of the above. It is actually the opposite.
I can go on and on and point out all his promises all day and nite and prove he hasn't done a thing but put us in more debt!

As for your remark un American? You can kiss my a.. It is the likes of you that are un American!
You fools are dividing this country faster than you can blink!
Trying to push a pres who is bent on spending us into even more debt and you idiots keep praising him.
You either have to be paid to post on here, or you really are that stupid!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

MyPalNorman wrote:
<quoted text>
How many promises did Bush break? Bush lied and thousands died!
What about O'loser you fool?
June was the worst month ever for casualties!
Under O'losers command. So get the F off of Bush. He Isn't the pres anymore.
Your argument is old get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••