Panetta ready for Senate grilling on ...

Panetta ready for Senate grilling on Benghazi attack

There are 173 comments on the USA Today story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Panetta ready for Senate grilling on Benghazi attack. In it, USA Today reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey answer questions about deadly attack on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#21 Feb 7, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
You are partly right. The Republicans slashed
funding for embassy security.
So why was there enough funding for Marines at all the other embassies and consulates around the world?

What a dumbass statement!

Spring, TX

#22 Feb 7, 2013
Gary wrote:
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously VOTED TO REDUCE THE FUNDS allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.
Stinking Republican traitors!
Left our people undefended.
How were funds reduced without approval of the senate and executive branch....

Chaffetz says Benghazi response a ‘flaw’ in Clinton’s record
By Thomas Burr
| The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Jan 23 2013 04:24 pm • Last Updated Jan 24 2013 07:24 am
Washington • Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican who chairs a House subcommittee on foreign operations, criticized Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for deflecting concerns during congressional hearings Wednesday while testifying on a Libyan terrorist attack that killed four Americans.

"She’s very quick to say she takes responsibility but she’s not willing to digest any of the criticism," said Chaffetz, who visited Libya following the attack on a quick fact-finding trip but who did not participate in Wednesday’s hearings. "If she were to try to run for higher officer, this will be a major flaw on her record."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politics/5568709...

You're a pathetic liar....and so is hillary.

Spring, TX

#23 Feb 7, 2013
Blame the republicans for budget cuts but at the same time Hillary just created the new American Chef Corps. State just hired 80 chefs this past Sept. to travel the world and create peace through food.

That outta help!

Spring, TX

#24 Feb 7, 2013
In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked,“Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Lamb responded,“No, sir.”

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#25 Feb 7, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked,“Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”
Lamb responded,“No, sir.”
it had nothing to do with the State Dept. budget...

St. Croix valley

#26 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Figure our what what happend???????
A very dangerous area, dangerous town, no Marines assigned there by the state department, Marines all over Europe and other nations embassies and consultates throwing spit wads at each other, warnings of violence, terror warnings from Australia, Britain and USA intelligence sources....days ahead of the attack!
Uh, pardone mademoiselle..........we already know what happend!)
Hillary's charede didn't work.
Why did Stevens even make the trip there then? he knew more about libya than almost anyone else?

Spring, TX

#27 Feb 7, 2013
To blame the lack of “funding” for the Benghazi slaughter is typical liberal crap!

This Administration can misappropriate billions of taxpayer’s dollars to fund their stinking pet projects, but they can’t find enough to send a company of Marines to an embassy pleading for help.

The democrats have mastered the "not my fault" whine of a five year old.

St. Croix valley

#28 Feb 7, 2013
To blame the lack of “funding” for the Benghazi slaughter is typical liberal crap!
This Administration can misappropriate billions of taxpayer’s dollars to fund their stinking pet projects, but they can’t find enough to send a company of Marines to an embassy pleading for help.
The democrats have mastered the "not my fault" whine of a five year old.
Was that like bush sending people into a hot war zone with no armour? was that a lib thing also?

Spring, TX

#29 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Was that like bush sending people into a hot war zone with no armour? was that a lib thing also?
Make that up all by yourself? Or did your boy friend help?
Troops had body armor in Iraq, jughead.

Now, what was that BS about no body armor? Keep 'em coming.

Spring, TX

#30 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it had nothing to do with the State Dept. budget...
Really? Than why are many on the left saying it did? Careful, you're homies may not like you anymore!

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#31 Feb 7, 2013
That rotten 'ol banana nosed anti-gun jackazz isn't going to come clean about a damned thing unless someone questioning him gets on him like stink on sht. As it stands those obamaroid bassturds are getting away with incompetence and utter negligence that the rest of us would lose our jobs over or wind up in jail.

Location hidden

#32 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Stevens even make the trip there then? he knew more about libya than almost anyone else?
Attention woodenhead!!! He assumed he wasn't expendable...now GFY.

Spring, TX

#33 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why did Stevens even make the trip there then? he knew more about libya than almost anyone else?
He was told to go there by his boss.........y'know..Hillary. Can't go there without assignment, many military analysts say it was an undercover arms deal by the state department...however:
there could be other reasons why he might be in Benghazi ranging from undercover actions to shear stupidity. We have yet to be told why Stevens was in Benghazi, the government has said nothing. In fact, until the other day the Obama administration wouldn’t even call this a terrorist attack. Whether these guys, presumably al Qaeda, had it in for Stevens or whether Stevens was up to something that didn’t work out remains to be seen....

Of course....lack of funding by the GOP (chuckle)

Location hidden

#34 Feb 7, 2013
Yepper there's a killer running around LA and who by all accounts is a very disgruntled obamaroid...And where is the lowlife press that trips over themselves to blame Republicans following such tragedies? Nowhere.

St. Croix valley

#35 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
He was told to go there by his boss.........y'know..Hillary. Can't go there without assignment, many military analysts say it was an undercover arms deal by the state department...however:
there could be other reasons why he might be in Benghazi ranging from undercover actions to shear stupidity. We have yet to be told why Stevens was in Benghazi, the government has said nothing. In fact, until the other day the Obama administration wouldn’t even call this a terrorist attack. Whether these guys, presumably al Qaeda, had it in for Stevens or whether Stevens was up to something that didn’t work out remains to be seen....
Of course....lack of funding by the GOP (chuckle)
he was? Show me that order...please... even if he had been 'ordered'(he's not in the military) he can refuse if he feels it is not safe. it happens often with FSOs, all the time, really.

sorry charlie...

why do you feel you can just make crap up and not be called on it? are you really that stupid?

St. Croix valley

#36 Feb 7, 2013
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention woodenhead!!! He assumed he wasn't expendable...now GFY.
hi John! still as stupid as ever, i see...carry on.

St. Croix valley

#37 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Make that up all by yourself? Or did your boy friend help?
Troops had body armor in Iraq, jughead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iINTCDJuf_kXX
Now, what was that BS about no body armor? Keep 'em coming.
Not enough and their vehicles didn't...was that a lib move again? nope, i don't make up shit and think i won't be called on it like you do..i am not stupid.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#38 Feb 7, 2013
ONE-MILLION UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GOVERNMENT MURDERS IN OVERTHROWING THE DEMOCATIC GOVERNMENT OF LIBYA, AND, APPARENTLY, MURDER IS LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES, AS LONG IT'S A GOVENRMENT MURDER FOR THE PRIVATE CORPORATION'S PROFITS???

Spring, TX

#39 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he was? Show me that order...please... even if he had been 'ordered'(he's not in the military) he can refuse if he feels it is not safe. it happens often with FSOs, all the time, really.
sorry charlie...
why do you feel you can just make crap up and not be called on it? are you really that stupid?
He was an Ambassador, moron. He worked for the state deparment and his boss was hillary clinton. Are YOU really that stupid???????

Stevens' last meeting on Sept. 11 was with Turkish Consul General Ali Sait Akin, and a source told Associated Press that Stevens was in Benghazi "to negotiate a weapons transfer in an effort to get SA-7 missiles out of the hands of Libya-based extremists."

He didn't go there to negotiate because it was HIS idea you stupid jerk!!!!!!!!!!1

Spring, TX

#40 Feb 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not enough and their vehicles didn't...was that a lib move again? nope, i don't make up shit and think i won't be called on it like you do..i am not stupid.
You obviously are very stupid, you change your story every post to cover your dumb previous statements.

The vehicles were built before Iraq...the soldiers modified them the resist the RPG's.

WWII........tanks would not go through the hedge rows in France...the soldiers modified them to do so.

However...you did say Bush sent them without "body armor"...read you own post, chuckles. LMAO Now tell me in the next post how you meant something else......hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,433,994
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min It aint necessari... 210,150
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 2 min Ronald 706
News The Latest: Trump says he saved Machado's job 3 min Go Blue Forever 56
News Clinton: Tulsa shooting 'unbearable,' should be... 7 min Go Blue Forever 64
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Coffee Party 396,066
News I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el... 10 min Go Blue Forever 16
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 29 min RIP 10,628
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Abe 244,134
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web