Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#622 Jul 24, 2013
....Sour Grapes......
1 post removed

Location hidden

#624 Jul 24, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I received an email with an article about this some time ago. The media has been pretty silent on this. I wonder why...I guess the white white folks don't have their own race-baiting huckster equivilant of Sharpton.
http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnote...
Guess some races aren't as entitled to justice, as much as other races.....And no voice, for that truly innocent life.....

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#625 Jul 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
....Sour Grapes......
It's the grapes of wrath, bubba.

When an innocent life has been taken, destroyed by hatred and prejudice, and then millions of dearly held illusions about justice and the law get crushed by jury verdict based on lies, that's the recipe for the grapes of wrath.
2 posts removed
frank

Oakland, CA

#628 Jul 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of they don't have a case don't you understand. If there is civil suit brought by the Martin family, I hope Zimmerman brings cross suit for the time and anguish the Martins will put him through.
Zimmerman did not use Florida's stand your ground law in his defense, although the law required the judge to cite it in her instructions to the jury which left the jury no choice but to acquit GZ. Had not been for the wild-west law of “stand your ground” GZ would have been convicted!
2 posts removed

United States of America

#631 Jul 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, the prosecution had no evidence counter to what Zimmerman had told the police. Even the so called expert witnesses brought in by the prosecution did more for the defense than they did for the prosecution. The closing summation by the prosecution was a perfect example of how they had no case. In a strong case the prosecution retells the evidence that should convict the defendant. In the Zimmerman trial all the prosecution could do was to stand there and scream childish like rants of "Wanabe Cop".
I have been involved with the legal system for many years and the case was really a case of no case.
LOL No doubt at all you've "been involved in the legal system for many years". You post like a jailhouse lawyer, bubba.
1 post removed
Truth

Alpharetta, GA

#633 Jul 24, 2013
One of the jurors themselves said that they were looking to find Zimmerman guilty of something, but couldn't under the law. The jury was objective and found that that Zimmerman wasn't guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and that's that.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#635 Jul 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the grapes of wrath, bubba.
When an innocent life has been taken, destroyed by hatred and prejudice, and then millions of dearly held illusions about justice and the law get crushed by jury verdict based on lies, that's the recipe for the grapes of wrath.
Checkout the 13 month old...shot in his face, killed in his stroller by two teen innocent lifes...in Brunswick, Georgia.....Life's Tough, Chose Better Battles..........

Location hidden

#636 Jul 24, 2013
Kentucky Liberal Liar wrote:
<quoted text>Equal justice for all and some extra for a others.
Yeah, but it was the one's protesting right into the Walmart in L.A......Or, the one's that smashed the police car, in Oakland?....They were allowed....was that extra justice?.....

United States of America

#637 Jul 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, Toby, I actually post like a Law Enforcement Officer.
Same thing, bubba.

LEO's get away with murdering over 4,000 unarmed people every year using the same kind of pathetic lies Zimmerman used. No surprise you'd support a wannabe cop who murdered an unarmed black kid.
2 posts removed
Sekul

United States

#640 Jul 24, 2013
1 post removed

Location hidden

#642 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>If, if, if. If travon would have just kept walking and not started swinging he would still be alive today.
Had a deal on an $80 stolen handgun, back in Miami Gardens....talked about it on Facebook....probably would have been okay, though.....
spocko

Oakland, CA

#643 Jul 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, the prosecution had no evidence counter to what Zimmerman had told the police. Even the so called expert witnesses brought in by the prosecution did more for the defense than they did for the prosecution. The closing summation by the prosecution was a perfect example of how they had no case. In a strong case the prosecution retells the evidence that should convict the defendant. In the Zimmerman trial all the prosecution could do was to stand there and scream childish like rants of "Wanabe Cop".
I have been involved with the legal system for many years and the case was really a case of no case.
I don't necessarily disagree with your statement but it surely is no rebuttal to my post! If you are involved with the legal system you would know that!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#644 Jul 24, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Never stated that I support Zimmerman, fact is that Zimmerman followed the law when he defended himself against Martin, in other words, Toby, he broke no laws.
I am not the biggest fan of Zimmerman following Martin, however, Martin had all the opportunity in the world to get to where he was going, call 911 and run. Martin made the conscious decision to show this "Creepy White Craka" what street law (read that law of the jungle) was all about and he made his decision to turn and start the confrontation. Martin got on top and started to administer a beating giving Zimmerman the reasonable expectation that his life was in immediate danger, especially when Martin reached for his gun. Zimmerman, at this time, was able to separate himself from Martin just enough to draw his gun and fire.
Am I a big Zimmerman fan, no. Do I think that Martin would still be alive if he did what a rational person would and either flee or call 911? Yes.
Martin had the guts to force a confrontation, his bad luck was that he did this with a person who was brave enough to follow him and scared for his life enough to use his gun.
These are not just my thoughts, they are the thoughts of the Jury (Only really important people) and most legal so called experts.
The prosecution had nothing but the emotion and forced charges from pressure from the Feds.
Your careless statement is complete nonsense, putting bullets into people is totally against the law - ye moron!!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#645 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>If, if, if. If travon would have just kept walking and not started swinging he would still be alive today.
Going by your statement you must have been an eyewitness eh!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#646 Jul 24, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! It get's pretty boring out here in the boonies. A nice race war in the big cities would be interesting to watch on the television.
One thing is for sure. If a race war begins and bullets start to fly, we will get to see first hand the benefits of owning a quality firearm verses a Saturday night special. Jejeje
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3AtGZBWRmLAXX
Got to admit, you have a point even though I don't find it boring in these boonies.
I'm gonna look for some shrooms. LOL
1 post removed
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#648 Jul 24, 2013
Has Holder filed Hate crime charges against Mr Zimmerman yet? No? Why not? Because it was self defense, and not a hate crime.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#649 Jul 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Has Holder filed Hate crime charges against Mr Zimmerman yet? No? Why not? Because it was self defense, and not a hate crime.
Can federal charges be brought against Zimmerman?

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/07...
Third Coast

Houston, TX

#650 Jul 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you seen the photo of Tracy Martin's Crips tattoo on his neck....explains alot.....
Exactly. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#653 Jul 25, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Can federal charges be brought against Zimmerman?
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2013/07...
They would have to be blind to last year's FBI investigation of George Zimmerman, that found no racial bias....virtually impossible, i would think....
higgans

Marion, IN

#654 Jul 25, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It is correct that Zimmerman waived his right to a SYG immunity pre-trial motion to dismiss and did not plead SYG defense immunity during the trial and Zimmerman has zero immunity to a civil lawsuit for wrong death now.
If Martin's family file a lawsuit against Zimmerman and IF Zimmerman files a motion for a pre-trial hearing to dismiss the suit based on SYG immunity and IF the judge grants the motion what would occur is a date for a trial before the trial would be set and Zimmerman would be finally be forced to testify in open court about why the forensic evidence doesn't support his police statement about what happened. Zimmerman's attorneys don't want their client to have to testify at all so they're doubling down on BS and threats to Martin's family to the press to intimidate them in doing nothing.
What Zimmerman's attorneys fear most is the family hiring someone like say Gerry Spence who would open up a can of whup ass on their client in court.
uh-huh....

pardon me, but I like MD's answer better...

thanks.... anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Smart Alex 1,144,541
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Sharrp Shooter 284,200
Republicans closing in on ninth Senate pickup i... 10 min Le Duped 7
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min DanFromSmithville 128,012
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min OzRitz 48,600
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Le Duped 163,284
Congress can block use of fees for immigration ... 14 min Donny Brook 42
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 14 min dirtbag1958 210
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr Mr Dick Johnson 51

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE