Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#600 Jul 24, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We will move on. The next step is for the Feds to charge Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights. Once the justice system finds Zimmerman not guilty of civil rights violations, the race war can begin in earnest. I can't wait!
I bet you can't.

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#601 Jul 24, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you can't.
Hey! It get's pretty boring out here in the boonies. A nice race war in the big cities would be interesting to watch on the television.

One thing is for sure. If a race war begins and bullets start to fly, we will get to see first hand the benefits of owning a quality firearm verses a Saturday night special. Jejeje

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#602 Jul 24, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
We will move on. The next step is for the Feds to charge Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights. Once the justice system finds Zimmerman not guilty of civil rights violations, the race war can begin in earnest. I can't wait!
when the war starts, which side will you be on?
CZars_R_Us

Orlando, FL

#603 Jul 24, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell what, bubba?
The Florida Supreme Court has set the parameters for this statute. What part of Zimmerman waiving his right to immunity under that statute don't you understand?
That also was explained. The defense wanted the question of SYG to be weighed by the jury and not just by the judge himself in a hearing. If they had the hearing and the Judge ruled it not the case it would have hurt the defense. They still did not use the SYG defense just pure self-defense fit the bill. They just wanted to keep the option of SYG if needed. Turns out it was a very smart play due to the way the judge was ruling on the motions.

They could not hang this on him even with a slanted judge and prosecutor. Thats how weak the case was.
OBNTG

Carol Stream, IL

#604 Jul 24, 2013
AmericanGal wrote:
<quoted text>
and they are ready to consider an increase in State Tax.... all this taxation to support these dump and dependent along with the illegals making their way into Chgo(the Sanctuary City).
It's amazing that the Chicago Public schools spend almost 4 times per pupil what the tution in many private schools and look what they get!
higgans

Marion, IN

#605 Jul 24, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Defense NEVER once used the Stand Your Ground Law as their defense. Their entire defense case was Self-Defense. The Prosecution attempted, in their closing arguments, to claim Zimmerman was using that as his defense.
He was found not Not Guilty of 2nd Degree Murder and Manslaughter on grounds of Self-Defense.
Do keep up with the case and facts Skippy.
is it POSSIBLE, judging by O'Mara's post-trial words, that, since GZ has NEVER been judged under SYG, that IF he is sued by Martin's family, GZ/O'Mara WILL seek a JUDGEMENT/ruling for SYG immunity?

if so, should they not WIN, hands down... with the Not Guilty verdict?

personally, IF I were GZ, I would sue every one connected with this travesty... including the Pres and AG now.

for the lawyers and cable 'stars', instead of money, seek disbarments and cancellations as punishments.

for the State's emoloyees, request criminal charges be filed, too!

alas, none of the above will most probably never happen....
Brad

Manchester, CT

#606 Jul 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm liking team Appalachain with them good ole boys the liberals feel they're far superior to with those secure compounds,armored vehicles,heavy artillery and trained militias.

Somehow gangbangers running through the woods with untied 500 dollar air Jordans,pants hanging below their asses,hoodies blocking their vision shootin glocks all gangsta style whacked out on "lean" don't sound like the ideal fighting machine.
Plus they'll be poppin each other out of habit.

Love me some creepy ass hill-billys.
1 post removed
higgans

Marion, IN

#608 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm liking team Appalachain with them good ole boys the liberals feel they're far superior to with those secure compounds,armored vehicles,heavy artillery and trained militias.
Somehow gangbangers running through the woods with untied 500 dollar air Jordans,pants hanging below their asses,hoodies blocking their vision shootin glocks all gangsta style whacked out on "lean" don't sound like the ideal fighting machine.
now, there's an 'end of the world' movie plot worth exploring!lol

throw in some Jihadists, too!

militant gays....

enviro-Nazis...

pissed off women...

mad global warming scientists...

oh, and some ZOMBIE aborted fetuses!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#609 Jul 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking the side, where many of the guns were stolen....lol....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#610 Jul 24, 2013
OBNTG wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that the Chicago Public schools spend almost 4 times per pupil what the tution in many private schools and look what they get!
It take's alotta parental guidence, too....just not in the genetics....money can't fix that....

Alpharetta, GA

#611 Jul 24, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
militant gays....
enviro-Nazis...
pissed off women...
yeah, mix in some angry black women with chips on their shoulder too, they are the scariest animal on earth, even the men avoid them as much as possible.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#612 Jul 24, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
militant gays....
enviro-Nazis...
pissed off women...
Would it be racist if Michael Moore and Bill Maher starred in the movie in black face?

Hmmmm,,,

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#613 Jul 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
My side!

Alpharetta, GA

#614 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
with banjo music at the end of the day too....great way to relax after a full day of peeping thru that sniper scope, and picking off homies that wander too close to the compound.
higgans

Marion, IN

#615 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it be racist if Michael Moore and Bill Maher starred in the movie in black face?
Hmmmm,,,
no, not if they were chained to Whoopi and Ted Danson.lol

oh, heck, at that time WHY would it matter anymore?
1 post removed
higgans

Marion, IN

#617 Jul 24, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin's family does not have a civil case. Per FL Statute 776.032 (Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force) can not sue someone who acted in self-defense. Zimmerman was found "Not Guilty of 2nd Degree Murder or Manslaughter on grounds of Self-Defense". The court set the tone and potential for any future civil actions. The Martin family should be happy with the $1 million settlement they made with the HOA.
If they keep pushing their luck they may very well find themselves on the receiving end of a civil case by Zimmerman. A case he would likely win. It would be the best interest of the Martins to accept the jury's verdict, a $1 million settlement, and get on with their lives.
thanks!
Brad

Manchester, CT

#618 Jul 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
with banjo music at the end of the day too....great way to relax after a full day of peeping thru that sniper scope, and picking off homies that wander too close to the compound.
I'm with you brother.

Anyone outside of Georgia heard of Antonio West yet?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#619 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you brother.
Anyone outside of Georgia heard of Antonio West yet?
I received an email with an article about this some time ago. The media has been pretty silent on this. I wonder why...I guess the white white folks don't have their own race-baiting huckster equivilant of Sharpton.

http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnote...

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#620 Jul 24, 2013
CZars_R_Us wrote:
<quoted text>
That also was explained. The defense wanted the question of SYG to be weighed by the jury and not just by the judge himself in a hearing. If they had the hearing and the Judge ruled it not the case it would have hurt the defense. They still did not use the SYG defense just pure self-defense fit the bill. They just wanted to keep the option of SYG if needed. Turns out it was a very smart play due to the way the judge was ruling on the motions.
They could not hang this on him even with a slanted judge and prosecutor. Thats how weak the case was.
Wrong.

According to Florida law, if Zimmerman had invoked the immunity defense under that statute he would have been forced to present his evidence and testify under oath at the pre-trial hearing AND the state's attorneys would have had the opportunity to cross examine him on all his lies. Zimmerman's attorneys did not want their client to testify--at all. Even if the judge denies an immunity defense motion to dismiss, Zimmerman would still get a second opportunity to have the jury hear the defense motion at trial and if the jury goes for it, the motion is granted in the jury verdict. Again, Zimmerman's attorneys didn't want to him to be forced to testify or be cross-examined on the lies he told the police investigators. Juries are not told about the outcome of pre-trial motions, so there was absolutely no risk to Zimmerman in following the legal procedure set up by the Florida Supreme Court when they interpreted this statute--except the risk of having a scumbag child killer open his big fat mouth in open court and get tangled up in all his lies when he was cross examined.

If Martin's family files a civil suit, Zimmerman has no automatic immunity under the SYG statute because he waived his rights to a pre-trial hearing on the motion.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#621 Jul 24, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
is it POSSIBLE, judging by O'Mara's post-trial words, that, since GZ has NEVER been judged under SYG, that IF he is sued by Martin's family, GZ/O'Mara WILL seek a JUDGEMENT/ruling for SYG immunity?
if so, should they not WIN, hands down... with the Not Guilty verdict?
personally, IF I were GZ, I would sue every one connected with this travesty... including the Pres and AG now.
for the lawyers and cable 'stars', instead of money, seek disbarments and cancellations as punishments.
for the State's emoloyees, request criminal charges be filed, too!
alas, none of the above will most probably never happen....
It is correct that Zimmerman waived his right to a SYG immunity pre-trial motion to dismiss and did not plead SYG defense immunity during the trial and Zimmerman has zero immunity to a civil lawsuit for wrong death now.

If Martin's family file a lawsuit against Zimmerman and IF Zimmerman files a motion for a pre-trial hearing to dismiss the suit based on SYG immunity and IF the judge grants the motion what would occur is a date for a trial before the trial would be set and Zimmerman would be finally be forced to testify in open court about why the forensic evidence doesn't support his police statement about what happened. Zimmerman's attorneys don't want their client to have to testify at all so they're doubling down on BS and threats to Martin's family to the press to intimidate them in doing nothing.
What Zimmerman's attorneys fear most is the family hiring someone like say Gerry Spence who would open up a can of whup ass on their client in court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 8 min Righteous 11,171
Texas says there are no other suspected cases o... 9 min Jeff Brightone 1
Larry Craig ordered to pay up for bathroom arrest 10 min barefoot2626 14
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 10 min Jan met de pet 32
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Le Duped 155,480
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min Valerie 265,650
Democrats flood inboxes for last-minute campaig... 11 min Le Jimbo 14
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min John Galt 1,115,327
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 20 min spud 670
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 20 min ghost town coming 51
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 46 min Le Jimbo 46

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE