Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#562 Jul 23, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>I know what it is, but wanted to know if anybody else heard about Trayvon's possible use...Skittles and Watermelon flavored tea are said to be possible components of this garbage that kids are ingesting.
Said "to be possible components" by who, bubba?

Lying white supremacist bigots like yourself who are still hard at work demonizing an innocent dead black kid?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#563 Jul 23, 2013
Kentucky Liberal Liar wrote:
<quoted text>I don't live in a getto so I wouldn't have anyway to hear about that stuff.
Oh yes you do, your brain is not only a ghetto it is a friggen wasteland!!
1 post removed

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565 Jul 23, 2013
Has anyone heard if the family of four George rescued was black?
No, they were white, from the photo's I've seen.....he's probably a little off, saving black folks for awhile.....

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#566 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>No, they were white, from the photo's I've seen.....he's probably a little off, saving black folks for awhile.....
What are the odds?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#567 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>No, they were white, from the photo's I've seen.....he's probably a little off, saving black folks for awhile.....
Yes I heard but what they don't tell you is after he realized it he pulled out his gun and shot all of them - yes he did!

Location hidden

#568 Jul 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I heard but what they don't tell you is after he realized it he pulled out his gun and shot all of them - yes he did!
Kinda cool...William and Kate, naming the new son, George...ain't it?....
2 posts removed

“RELAX”

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#571 Jul 23, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida statute 776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.
Better luck next time.
In the criminal court, Zimmerman was found not guilty of 2nd Degree Murder or Manslaughter because of the stand your ground law and the claim that Martin was kicking Zimmerman's fat greasy butt. The acts leading up to the point where Martin started kicking Zimmerman's fat greasy butt was disregarded by the criminal court.

In a civil wrongful death suit, the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car and pursued Martin on foot when he had the option to stay in his car and go on about his business would be a relevant fact. Zimmerman chose to be the aggressor and Travon Martin is dead. Had Zimmerman stayed in his car, Travon would be alive. Zimmerman is guilty for the wrongful death of Travon Martin and a civil court will find him guilty and liable for the damages he has caused.

Location hidden

#572 Jul 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
They must have been following the trial, could you imagine British Royalty or anybody else with a degree naming his son Trayvon?
Have you seen the photo of Tracy Martin's Crips tattoo on his neck....explains alot.....
2 posts removed

“RELAX”

#575 Jul 23, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida statute 776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.
Better luck next time.
<quoted text>
Kinda slow aren't you chump? It won't get to civil court, the law won't allow it.
That's fine with me. I don't live in Florida. People who do, I mean white people who do, had better be prepared to be stalked on public sidewalks, taunted into confrontation then shot dead in self defense. Just remember to give the black shooters the same heroic treatment as y'all gave to that greasy fatass halfbreed mexican white guy wannabe.
2 posts removed

United States of America

#578 Jul 23, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Better luck next time.
A defendant may raise the question of statutory immunity prior to trial and, when such a claim is raised, the trial court must determine whether the defendant has shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the immunity attaches.

Apparently, Zimmerman's lawyers didn't think they could meet that low burden of proof because Zimmerman waived his right to the "Stand Your Ground" defense on their advice.

Since Zimmerman waived his right to invoke statutory immunity, he has no immunity to invoke under 776.032 as a defense against a civil suit.

Better luck next time, bubba.

“RELAX”

#579 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text>Is that what you plan to do to them or are you just going to rib others into it?
I boycotted Florida after the 2000 elections so no, I do not plan to visit that state even for a hunting trip. All I am saying is that Florida has just become the first state in the nation where it is legal to stalk, taunt and kill a human being.

It doesn't matter who starts the confrontation, just as long as you are in fear of getting beat up at the time you blow your prey's heart out of it's chest you are good to go. Make sure there is a sidewalk close by so your defense can drop a chunk of concrete on the floor in front of the jury to show that your victim was armed.
2 posts removed
spocko

Oakland, CA

#582 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda cool...William and Kate, naming the new son, George...ain't it?....
Kinda not so cool ... back in the days when George Washington became our first president the conservatives (the original wingnuz) pushed hard to install him as the King of the New World :-/

Location hidden

#583 Jul 23, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I boycotted Florida after the 2000 elections so no, I do not plan to visit that state even for a hunting trip. All I am saying is that Florida has just become the first state in the nation where it is legal to stalk, taunt and kill a human being.
It doesn't matter who starts the confrontation, just as long as you are in fear of getting beat up at the time you blow your prey's heart out of it's chest you are good to go. Make sure there is a sidewalk close by so your defense can drop a chunk of concrete on the floor in front of the jury to show that your victim was armed.
Fun to be an ignorant jerk?...Shoulda watched the trial, and learned the truth...TRAYVON SAVAGELY ATTACKED GEORGE, AND GOT LEGALLY SHOT......

“ON THE PROWL”

Since: May 08

Ocala, FL

#584 Jul 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
A defendant may raise the question of statutory immunity prior to trial and, when such a claim is raised, the trial court must determine whether the defendant has shown by a preponderance of the evidence that the immunity attaches.
Apparently, Zimmerman's lawyers didn't think they could meet that low burden of proof because Zimmerman waived his right to the "Stand Your Ground" defense on their advice.
Since Zimmerman waived his right to invoke statutory immunity, he has no immunity to invoke under 776.032 as a defense against a civil suit.
Better luck next time, bubba.
LOL.. Oh little one they were raised.. Just because you didn't see them don't mean they wasn't..:-)

I hope the martin's try and sue and make Z w rich man..

Eagle

United States of America

#585 Jul 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Time will tell, buckwheat.
Time will tell what, bubba?

The Florida Supreme Court has set the parameters for this statute. What part of Zimmerman waiving his right to immunity under that statute don't you understand?
1 post removed

United States of America

#587 Jul 23, 2013
George Zimmermanís wife, Shellie N. Zimmerman, was arrested for allegedly lying at her husbandís bond hearing. Mr. Zimmerman made headlines this spring when he shot an unarmed Florida teen, Trayvon Martin. Mr. Zimmerman claimed that the shooting was justified and was done in self defense after the teen became aggressive.

In April, Mr. Zimmerman was arrested on charges of second-degree murder. His wife testified under oath at his bond hearing that she was not aware how much money a website soliciting cash for Mr. Zimmermanís defense had raised; she also claimed that the couple did not have financial means to support a defense, a claim that was later disputed by prosecutors who successfully moved revoke his bail. Prosecutors allege that Mr. Zimmerman had nearly $135,000 at the time of Ms. Zimmermanís statements.

Nearly $200,000 has been raised for Mr. Zimmermanís defense. Of that amount, Zimmermanís attorneys say that $150,000 is now in a trust fund for the defense. Nearly $30,000 has been used ďto make the complicated transition from private life in Sanford, Florida, to a life in hiding as a defendant in a high-profile court caseĒĖ a taped jail conversation suggests that the money was used to pay bills including American Express and Samís Club credit cards. The remaining $20,000 will be used to provide living expenses for the Zimmermans up to and during the trial.

The original web site used to raise money, therealgeorgezimmerman.com , is now defunct:

Last month, a new site was created at www.gzdefensefund.com . That site raised about $15,000 in its first two weeks of operation, according to Zimmermanís attorneys. Most of the donations to the fund ranged from $25 to $100 with the largest donation received being $3,000. According to the site, the money donated will be used for ďZimmermanís ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees.Ē

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/...

Only in the degenerate south could a loser like Zimmerman turn stalking and killing unarmed black kids into a new cash cow industry.....
Brad

Manchester, CT

#588 Jul 23, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Anybody hear about "purple drank"? I am not saying the story I read about is true, just wondering if anybody heard about this new twist. Martin supposedly admitted on Facebook as early as June 27, 2011 of being an abuser of a codeine, soft drink and candy beverage popularly known as "Purple Drank" or "Lean.
Did you really think Trayvon the gangsta bought skittles to eat?LOL

They were to brew another batch of lean for the rest of the playoff game.
2 posts removed

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#591 Jul 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really think Trayvon the gangsta bought skittles to eat?LOL
They were to brew another batch of lean for the rest of the playoff game.
Well, I didn't think much of it, until I came across stories about the "Purple Drank" or "Lean" recipe which is apparently big among some of our misguided youth. There is an autopsy report out there that could answer some questions concerning this.
2 posts removed

“RELAX”

#594 Jul 24, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The Defense NEVER once used the Stand Your Ground Law as their defense. Their entire defense case was Self-Defense. The Prosecution attempted, in their closing arguments, to claim Zimmerman was using that as his defense.
He was found not Not Guilty of 2nd Degree Murder and Manslaughter on grounds of Self-Defense.
Do keep up with the case and facts Skippy.
The jury instructions was full of Florida's stand your ground law. Also, the white judge, the white prosecutor and the white defense all decided that race was not a factor in this case either. Oh, and O.J. was found not guilty too.

4 posts removed

“RELAX”

#599 Jul 24, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes OJ was found not guilty. But it is my OPINION he is guilty as all hell. Just as it is your OPINION Zimmerman is guilty.
However, the FACTS are that Zimmerman and OJ are Not Guilty in a Court of Law. Deal with it. Accept the facts. Move on.
We will move on. The next step is for the Feds to charge Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights. Once the justice system finds Zimmerman not guilty of civil rights violations, the race war can begin in earnest. I can't wait!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Jindal: 'Let's be honest here, Islam has ... 7 min woodtick57 241
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,172,140
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min dirtclod 141,740
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 9 min Coffee Party 304,239
Dems' 2016 convention chair plans return visit ... 10 min Reality Speaks 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Truth is might 307,790
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min The_Box 3,482
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 41 min Le Jimbo 569
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 5 hr serfs up 1,784
Gingrich: U.S. 'losing the war' with radical Islam 8 hr Mujahid 81