US grows uneasy about Australia's reg...

US grows uneasy about Australia's regional role

There are 33 comments on the Sydney Morning Herald story from Jun 6, 2014, titled US grows uneasy about Australia's regional role. In it, Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

As the US makes its key pivot towards Asia, Washington's foreign policy establishment is increasingly uneasy about Australia's role in the region, writes Nick O'Malley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sydney Morning Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jake Barnes

Perris, CA

#1 Jun 6, 2014
No shit Sherlock. Uneasy is polite term for backstabbed. Forget pivot leave Australia and worry about America for a change. NO ANZUS
Cordwainer Trout

Clarkson, KY

#2 Jun 6, 2014
While Australia will never thrive as a nation until it rids itself of the homosexual threat, their current concern should be seriously considering their radioactive plates of shrimp and other seafood.
Buck 11266

Bentley, Australia

#3 Jun 6, 2014
The Sooner we have a U.S Fleet Home Ported at Fleet Base West(H.M.A.S Stirlinbetter newsg) the Better.
Sir Garry Buggery

Maroochydore, Australia

#4 Jun 6, 2014
We are Australia - we do what we want. The USA is cool.
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#5 Jun 6, 2014
Where is that "US Citizen"?

“Brainpower is our weapon.”

Since: Nov 13

Brisbane, Queensland

#6 Jun 7, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
While Australia will never thrive as a nation until it rids itself of the homosexual threat, their current concern should be seriously considering their radioactive plates of shrimp and other seafood.
Where did you hear radioactive plates stuff from?
Foo

Maroochydore, Australia

#7 Jun 7, 2014
Most Asian countries were quite pleased about the US "pivot to asia" , probably because they trust the US far more than China , and feared that China would play the big bully game and help themselves to every resource in the region whether it was theirs or not....(lol)....however , the US will always have a major presence in the South Pacific region , and the so called "pivot to Asia" was , in reality, just a name adopted by media concerns , after a speech by President Obama....not much will change , actually, unless your into listening to the endless propaganda nonsense that continues to dribble out endlessly from both the Chinese and US government bullshit brigades.

Brisbane, Queensland

#8 Jun 7, 2014
Be careful what you believe in news. I don't trust that Rupert Murdoch control along with other co-chairman. Rupert Murdoch is never on USA or Australia's side.
1 post removed

Brisbane, Queensland

#10 Jun 7, 2014
Lachlan Murdoch, the son of RM. He is chairman of Network Ten, Nova Entertainment, News Corp and 21st Century Fox.

I will be back shortly to write some more.
Pete the Phantom Puller

Melbourne, Australia

#11 Jun 7, 2014
Jake Barnes wrote:
No shit Sherlock. Uneasy is polite term for backstabbed. Forget pivot leave Australia and worry about America for a change. NO ANZUS
So Jake, if ANZUS was disbanded, how is you're life effected? How would anybody's life be?
Cordwainer Trout

Clarkson, KY

#12 Jun 7, 2014
QUEENSLANDER wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you hear radioactive plates stuff from?
Fukushima plant managers after years of denial finally admitted an estimated 400 metric tons of highly radioactive water has been spilling into the Pacific EVERY DAY for the last three years. Maps projecting the spread of the radiation use only the initial release of 2011, not the daily 400 ton leak. It could be a much higher tonnage. Where are your fishing fleets? By 2024, you'll be surrounded by a very contaminated crustacean and ichthyofauna food chain. Think food chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#13 Jun 7, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Fukushima plant managers after years of denial finally admitted an estimated 400 metric tons of highly radioactive water has been spilling into the Pacific EVERY DAY for the last three years. Maps projecting the spread of the radiation use only the initial release of 2011, not the daily 400 ton leak. It could be a much higher tonnage. Where are your fishing fleets? By 2024, you'll be surrounded by a very contaminated crustacean and ichthyofauna food chain. Think food chain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0IkQlmAlTVoXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
and we have lots of identical reactors here in the US. just waiting for an accident where they lose power and melt down like those did...

Brisbane, Queensland

#14 Jun 7, 2014
O_o
Foo

Maroochydore, Australia

#15 Jun 7, 2014
Rupert has almost secured the NBN now . I watched a Malcom Turnbull interview a few days back , and when asked when the NBN would be sold to Telstra , he immediately changed the subject. Ruperts Fox is the major shareholder of Telstra , and when the NBN is sold to Telstra , it basically becomes Ruperts. Malcom is another robot churned out by the Goldman Sachs Zion machine. His current job is to devalue the NBN so Rupert gets it for peanuts. Abbott won't stand in the way , because Rupert was the bloke who installed Abbott in his current job.....lovely people this lot.
Jake Barnes

Corona, CA

#16 Jun 7, 2014
The Awakener wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Rupert Murdoch is a Pro-Z-ionist and much of America's media is controlled by Z-ionist J-ews. President Obama is another puppet for the J-ews who "stand behind him" in politics.
Wrong answer. 85% of Jews vote Dems. No USA can thank Australia for Fox News. Fair and balanced my ass.

Brisbane, Queensland

#17 Jun 7, 2014
J-ews voted for demos or republicans doesn't mean they are supporting them. They want to destroy USA and move to different countries like USSR J-ews does.

I am sorry that our Pro-Z-ionist ex-aussie traitor are dumbing your American children down. No Australians would want to des-troy USA or other countries, or turn in to third country.

My three advice is to throw your TV out and use internet connected to monitor. They have many great stuff to watch. Don't touch anything that are j-ew connected in any way. We are not j-ew's goy puppets. Homeschooling your children by hiring tutor or you teach them.

Stop voting for demo or republicans. They are not helping anything but to worsen problems domestically and internationally.
UScitizenAbroad

Tolland, Australia

#18 Jun 7, 2014
Myth Buster wrote:
Where is that "US Citizen"?
Apologies, CCP Buster.) I was in Beijing for the 1989 Tianamen Square memorial service. Very busy. I swear I saw your brother Jake Barnes there selling Deng Xiaoping balloons and fried noodles to the tourists.
Myth Buster

Sibu, Malaysia

#19 Jun 8, 2014
UScitizenAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologies, CCP Buster.) I was in Beijing for the 1989 Tianamen Square memorial service. Very busy. I swear I saw your brother Jake Barnes there selling Deng Xiaoping balloons and fried noodles to the tourists.
Aren't you going to repeat that usual blah blah blah?
1 post removed

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#21 Jun 8, 2014
In Australia we must protect what is ours.
If that means having US bases here. Then let it be so.
Myth Buster

Kuching, Malaysia

#22 Jun 8, 2014
As far as I can see Australia is US's staunchest ally in Asia.
USA's uneasy feeling has to do with their own lack of self-confidence about the future, drawing too many red lines which US and Australian citizens are wary of defending. Borrowing money from China to build a military to fight China is a very dodgy economic model.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Joy 1,602,221
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min russianrepukes 289,235
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 15 min skyedove 31,226
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 24 min cpeter1313 10,121
News Hamilton Center selected as 1 of 5 new Indiana ... 45 min Humanspirit 4
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr cpeter1313 317,564
News Murderer sues Kansas prison for 'imposing Chris... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 13
More from around the web