Obama takes on power plant emissions as part of climate plan

There are 1518 comments on the Reuters story from Jun 25, 2013, titled Obama takes on power plant emissions as part of climate plan. In it, Reuters reports that:

President Barack Obama will attempt to kick-start a global climate agenda on Tuesday with proposals including a plan to limit carbon emissions from existing U.S. power plants that is sure to face opposition from the coal industry, many business groups and Republican lawmakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 76
Next Last
Moochelle Fart Gas

Sayville, NY

#2 Jun 25, 2013
He oughta take on the fart gas emissions eminating from the White House after Moochelle's feasting on Lobster Newburg and bon-bons first.
1 post removed
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Jun 25, 2013
odumbos promise of bankrupting the coal industry in full gear. his new edicts will ensure higher bills during the odumbo recession and the loss of many more jobs. funny thing is the union coal sheeple voted for their own demise by standing behind their union loving odumbo. now they get what they paid for, unemployment.
1 post removed
Ralph

Coleman, MI

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Here comes another scheme to take more money out of our pockets.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jun 25, 2013
5 years of recession. 23 million still unenemployed. Sequester requiring fed workers lose one day of pay per week.

Obama wants to charge us more for the energy we have no choice but to purchase.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jun 25, 2013
well you can open up a coal mine, but we're gonna bankrupt it. What a guy, telling a legal industry that employs thousands of middle class people, that he is going to end their way of life

you libs out did youself this time. thanks for bringing fundamental change to the dance.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Obama is working hard to destroy America. The Reps are working hard to keep him from doing any more damage that he has done. Like making sure the border is secured.

The Dems are too stupid to realize what this man is doing. They are happy to receive their freebees and play video games.

What has Obama done to protect the AMERICAN people, collect all of our phone records, e-mails, internet and fly drones over us - don't you feel secure in his actions? What has he done to help the middle class? He is still taxing us to death and saying its the Reps fault. The next thing you will hear is he can walk on water.
Spike

Massillon, OH

#10 Jun 25, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
Obama is working hard to destroy America. The Reps are working hard to keep him from doing any more damage that he has done. Like making sure the border is secured.
The Dems are too stupid to realize what this man is doing. They are happy to receive their freebees and play video games.
What has Obama done to protect the AMERICAN people, collect all of our phone records, e-mails, internet and fly drones over us - don't you feel secure in his actions? What has he done to help the middle class? He is still taxing us to death and saying its the Reps fault. The next thing you will hear is he can walk on water.
The Reps are working hard????? I'll believe it When they defund Obamacare,so far they have only offered lip service. The republican party is a paper tiger
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#11 Jun 25, 2013
This man knows nothing but what he is told to do. Emissions! Bwhaaa! From community organizer to the king. Its good to be the king! King Louie!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>The Reps are working hard????? I'll believe it When they defund Obamacare,so far they have only offered lip service. The republican party is a paper tiger
Most Americans DO NOT WANT OBAMACARE. You have heard how much it is going to cost. We were told it was not going to be expensive, and we could keep our own insurance if we wanted, and the people do not want IRS to handle any of our medical documents since the penalty is a TAX. This should be unconstitutional. Look at what the IRS has currently done. All of them need to be FIRED. We were told LIES AND MORE LIES and Obama signed it without even READING IT. Pelosi said we will have to wait until it goes into effect to see what it does. I do not know ONE CEO that would sign something he has not read. Of course Obama knew he would not understand it anyway.

Yes the Reps are working hard to keep Obama from destroying our CONSTITUTION and Obama is working hard to become a DICTATOR.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#13 Jun 25, 2013
lolol wrote:
odumbos promise of bankrupting the coal industry in full gear. his new edicts will ensure higher bills during the odumbo recession and the loss of many more jobs. funny thing is the union coal sheeple voted for their own demise by standing behind their union loving odumbo. now they get what they paid for, unemployment.
Well Obama is the biggest welfare, foodstamp and job killing President in history.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 25, 2013
Mars, Neptune and Pluto are currently experiencing global warming. No excessive CO2 emissions there?
In the 1970's, global cooling was all the rage - And the experts were wrong!
Rem223

Madison, CT

#15 Jun 25, 2013
obammy is set to put 10`s of thousands of Americans on the unemployment rolls, while also causing all forms of our needed to survive energy costs to skyrocket.

I wonder how many more people will be forced onto the welfare rolls thanks to this clowns Marxist policies.

I wonder what it`s going to take before Americans take to the streets enmasse to protest and seek his removal from office along with his criminal empire.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Jun 25, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>The Reps are working hard????? I'll believe it When they defund Obamacare,so far they have only offered lip service. The republican party is a paper tiger
I think more like silly putty. What ever shape they want to project is what you see today. The could have defunded Obama care and they could have stopped the Imigration Bill that is nothing more than Amnesty and guaranteed votes. If this bill does ever pass, it will change America forever. The cheap labor boys are paying big bucks for the Republicans to ignore the people, and the liberals are pushing for the Amnesty for votes against the constitution.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#17 Jun 25, 2013
Rem223 wrote:
obammy is set to put 10`s of thousands of Americans on the unemployment rolls, while also causing all forms of our needed to survive energy costs to skyrocket.
I wonder how many more people will be forced onto the welfare rolls thanks to this clowns Marxist policies.
I wonder what it`s going to take before Americans take to the streets enmasse to protest and seek his removal from office along with his criminal empire.
Obama planning to sidestep Congress for next phase in climate change agenda. Selig Heil

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/ob...

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#18 Jun 25, 2013
Ralph wrote:
Here comes another scheme to take more money out of our pockets.
And more to the unemployment lines. obama wants the 47% to be 52% so he can be King.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#19 Jun 25, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
*****Calling Al Gore*****
.
STOP
.
*****Calling Al Gore*****
.
STOP
.
++++++ManBearPig Alert++++++
.
STOP
.
++++++ManBearPig Alert++++++
.
STOP
.
******CALLING Al GORE******
.
WH Climate Adviser:'A War on Coal Is Exactly What’s Needed'...

Obama unveils plan that skirts Congress...

Liberal supporters get speech before public...
Spike

Massillon, OH

#20 Jun 25, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans DO NOT WANT OBAMACARE. You have heard how much it is going to cost. We were told it was not going to be expensive, and we could keep our own insurance if we wanted, and the people do not want IRS to handle any of our medical documents since the penalty is a TAX. This should be unconstitutional. Look at what the IRS has currently done. All of them need to be FIRED. We were told LIES AND MORE LIES and Obama signed it without even READING IT. Pelosi said we will have to wait until it goes into effect to see what it does. I do not know ONE CEO that would sign something he has not read. Of course Obama knew he would not understand it anyway.
Yes the Reps are working hard to keep Obama from destroying our CONSTITUTION and Obama is working hard to become a DICTATOR.
Blah,blah,blah....And McCain is a Reagan Republican.....If the republicans were "working hard" to stop Obamacare they would'nt have provided funding for it in the last budget. They tell you they're against it then turn around and approve funding for it. Give me a break!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#21 Jun 25, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>Blah,blah,blah....And McCain is a Reagan Republican.....If the republicans were "working hard" to stop Obamacare they would'nt have provided funding for it in the last budget. They tell you they're against it then turn around and approve funding for it. Give me a break!
The author wrote "MOST AMERICANS". Not what we elect. They are liars. We even elect some and somehow there is a little known rule found that we don't question that puts the other person back in in another election. If they provided funding then they are not what Repub voters wanted. Of course I have no idea what was in the package as there are things thrown in to many of our laws passed. do it enough and wallah...you got a burgeoning police state. A beautiful thing I tell you. Soon enough..."Your paperwork please"!
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#22 Jun 25, 2013
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>Blah,blah,blah....And McCain is a Reagan Republican.....If the republicans were "working hard" to stop Obamacare they would'nt have provided funding for it in the last budget. They tell you they're against it then turn around and approve funding for it. Give me a break!
Your having a problem comprehending what you read. Here are the facts to back up what I said.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/05/...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Jun 25, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
well you can open up a coal mine, but we're gonna bankrupt it. What a guy, telling a legal industry that employs thousands of middle class people, that he is going to end their way of life
you libs out did youself this time. thanks for bringing fundamental change to the dance.
So if feeding old people into a blast furnace employed thousands of middle class people, should that be a reason to keep doing it?

Coal workers will just have to get a different job, just like buggy makers did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 76
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,233,110
News Joe Conason: 'Clinton Cash': This year's Whitew... 4 min Tazo 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min IB DaMann 53,531
News Obama: US to Rethink How It's Using Military As... 5 min Jeff Brightone 1
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) 5 min Tazo 2,622
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 6 min yup 131
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 6 min NAZI RUSSIA 1,311
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min Carpenter 328,448
News Ireland same-sex marriage 15 min Fa-Foxy 66
News GOP's fight for 2016 nomination likely to drag ... 17 min Billy Ringo 58
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 17 min BoneYard 2,285
More from around the web