What Happened to the Tea Party Caucus?

What Happened to the Tea Party Caucus?

There are 56 comments on the rollcall.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled What Happened to the Tea Party Caucus?. In it, rollcall.com reports that:

Democrats slam the group as a haven for radicals while conservatives tout membership among their bona fides, but the fact is Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at rollcall.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
see the light

El Paso, TX

#1 Mar 20, 2013
Democrats are plain scared of Tea Party so they make up all kinds of slanderous things.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#2 Mar 21, 2013
That’s not to say Bachmann has been inactive over that period of time — the Minnesota Republican was a contender for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination from June 2011 to January 2012, during which time the group held no public meetings. After dropping out of the running for the presidency, she was narrowly re-elected to her seat in the House.

Since then, she has been keeping a low profile and trying to rebuild her brand in her district; that may have something to do with the group’s silence, caucus members said.

Teabaggers will face the same demise as the whig party.

Their poll numbers are in the toilet.

The teabagger congress has never been out of the teens in approval ratings and had the lowest approval rating since numbers have been kept.

Poor teabaggers.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 21, 2013
Democrats have the equivalent of a fifth grade education no matter how you slice it. LOL

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#4 Mar 21, 2013
What happen to the Tea-bagger’s Party: Ask Allen West… if you can find him, LOL!

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#5 Mar 21, 2013
democrats fear the tea party because they look at how the money is being spent...
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#6 Mar 21, 2013
They realized it was safe to return to the GOP brand after they damaged it under the Bush years with their drunken spending.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#7 Mar 21, 2013
What happened to the Tea Party?

The ignorant ones who followed blindly finally woke up - in shame of West, Bachmann, Palin, and Cruz.

I liked the tea turds - they illustrated how ignorant their electorate actually is! Or was!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Mar 21, 2013
giving out free stuff to marginal illiterates is the best way to own them and their vote, and Dems have perfected that art.

Now that the non taxpayers outnumber, and outvote the taxpayer, bad things are gonna happen.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#9 Mar 21, 2013
see the light wrote:
Democrats are plain scared of Tea Party so they make up all kinds of slanderous things.
Wrong....
Democrats love the Tea Party.
The President did not get re-elected as much as radical right winged politics was rejected.
Idiot comments on legitimate rape and an inane war on contraception provided the Presidents margin of victory.
With the tea party as a foil the Democrats don't have to deal with the moderate Republicans, they get a free pass.
The Tea party is a gift from god for the Democrats.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#10 Mar 21, 2013
Yeah right. Dems are afraid of "Back the Wack".
Your Ex

Craig, CO

#11 Mar 21, 2013
The what party?
Sgt Common Sense

Fairfield, CT

#12 Mar 21, 2013
see the light wrote:
I agree.
I'm a Democrat and I admit that I am scared of batshit crazy people walking around freely in society.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#13 Mar 21, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
giving out free stuff to marginal illiterates is the best way to own them and their vote, and Dems have perfected that art.
Now that the non taxpayers outnumber, and outvote the taxpayer, bad things are gonna happen.
But the TEA Party are supposedly for less taxes. Which means less taxpayers. So mission accomplished?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#14 Mar 21, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
But the TEA Party are supposedly for less taxes. Which means less taxpayers. So mission accomplished?
more people employed, means more taxes paid....geez..if biz didnt have a zillion fed regs, plus the obamacare nightmare ahead of them, they might hire more people.....
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#15 Mar 21, 2013
see the light wrote:
No one is afraid of the teabaggers. They have had their 15 minutes of fame and normal people realize that they are just a bunch of lunatic fringe, uneducated morons and religious nutcases! Not to mention their affiliation with the evil koch brothers.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#16 Mar 21, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
I'm a Democrat and I admit that I am scared of batshit crazy people walking around freely in society.
Well Dems seem sane until they pull out the assult rifles and shoot.
Mr BO Django Dance

Killeen, TX

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Tea party is alive and well and keeping Obama and RINOs from voting new tax increases. Democrats say the movement is dead, but it is progressivism that is dead in America.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#18 Mar 21, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
They realized it was safe to return to the GOP brand after they damaged it under the Bush years with their drunken spending.
The drunken sailors were the dem congress and dodd/frank, meathead. Try to keep up.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#19 Mar 21, 2013
Here's a toss to the Tea Party...... now, Dress Cruz up as a Presidential Candidate and roll him out to run against Hillary Clinton in 2016...... ROFLMAO

What ever happened to Rick Santorum, he was a Tea Party Favorite, right?

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#20 Mar 21, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
This bullshit statement is brought to you buy someone whoh lives in a states that is losing it's tax base at a very fast pace.

Tiger left in 96, Mikelson about to leave, just those two is costing your liberal state 10 million in taxes. LMAO
Not counting the businesses that are leaving the tax king states.
You're so fkn brilliant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ukraine Crisis Facts Bring Discord to U.S. Migh... 5 min Pro Ukraine 283
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 16 min THE LONE WORKER 164,821
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 7,667
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,604
Too Much Creeping with Patriot Act? 1 hr kuda 87
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,236,512
News Ireland same-sex marriage 2 hr American_Infidel 465
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr EAGLE EYE1 329,163
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr FastandFurious 189,897
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 hr NoahLovesU 2,624
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr red and right 183,304
More from around the web