National Christmas Tree in US is killed by 'transplant shock'

May 6, 2012 Full story: The China Post 50

In this file photo, U.S. President Barack Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, and daughters Sasha and Malia attend the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on the Ellipse near ... The Colorado blue spruce passed away "due to complications resulting from transplant shock" just 14 months after it was planted in the Ellipse field outside the White ... (more)

Full Story
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Reynoldsburg, OH

#21 May 6, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
or we could also discuss how a christmas tree was really part of pagan believes and how the bible says about decorating trees.
since a christmas treeis and of itself is not religious in nature. but i digress...
The bible has tips on decorating Christmas trees?
1 post removed

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#23 May 6, 2012
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has tips on decorating Christmas trees?
Yes, it says not to do it.

“If You Have It, ”

Since: Apr 12

A Truck Brought It

#24 May 6, 2012
“The Ohio arena, which holds around 20,000 people, appeared to be around two-thirds to three-quarters full, with around half of the seating in the upper deck empty. The Columbus fire department estimated the crowd size at 14,000. While smaller in size than many Obama rallies during the 2008 campaign, the crowd dwarfed the size of any rally held this cycle by Romney.”– CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/05/politics/obama-...
WOW a story from the Clinton News Network praising Obama Bin Lyin and bashing Romney i am SHOCKED!
1 post removed
Aspirin Between My Legos

Philadelphia, PA

#26 May 6, 2012
This whole story is unfirtunate.
1 post removed
FRUSTRATED REPUBLICAN

Reynoldsburg, OH

#28 May 7, 2012
Shadowchaser3131 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW a story from the Clinton News Network praising Obama Bin Lyin and bashing Romney i am SHOCKED!
WOW a twitter'd photo of empty seats from Ryan Williams. Doesn't he have anything better to do than pass on bullshit from a spy?

“If You Have It, ”

Since: Apr 12

A Truck Brought It

#29 May 7, 2012
I heard it commited suicide because the Jimmy Carter tree was making fun of it.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#30 May 7, 2012
<quoted text>
We could discuss the fact that this is designated a "National Christmas Tree" despite certain religious prohibitions written into our Constitution.
;^)
Just curious as to how a "National Christmas Tree" and religious prohibitions in the constititution are related; I don't ever recall hearing about Christmas trees being mentioned in the bible, and they were certainly never mentioned in church when I use to attend (many, many years ago).
1 post removed

“Never summon "Anything" ....”

Since: Feb 11

..... you can't banish, lol

#32 May 7, 2012
Vee wrote:
I wonder if they are going to bury it in a "PINE" box?
Bonfire at the Obama's!
I'll bring the marshmallows, they'll be plenty of weenier on hand.

#33 May 7, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious as to how a "National Christmas Tree" and religious prohibitions in the constititution are related; I don't ever recall hearing about Christmas trees being mentioned in the bible, and they were certainly never mentioned in church when I use to attend (many, many years ago).
Actually Christmas trees are part of a Pagan winter solstice celebration. Once again the Christians stole the idea.
lol

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#34 May 7, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Christmas trees are part of a Pagan winter solstice celebration. Once again the Christians stole the idea.
lol
Exactly.

The post I was responding to read as though its author was trying to say that a Christmas tree is a religous object.
Xer Recar

Lithia Springs, GA

#35 May 7, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
Just like the economy. Anything Obama puts his hand on. So much like the legend of Midas, except rather than turn to gold, it turns to excrement.
Perhaps it's just God's way of telling us to cut it out with the whole Christmas tree thing. Perhaps He's telling us we're off base with the whole Christian nation thing too - maybe we're praying to the wrong God!!

Or, just maybe, it died due to complications resulting from transplant shock.

Nah, too simple.

Spotted World

#36 May 7, 2012
Xer Recar wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's just God's way of telling us to cut it out with the whole Christmas tree thing. Perhaps He's telling us we're off base with the whole Christian nation thing too - maybe we're praying to the wrong God!!
Or, just maybe, it died due to complications resulting from transplant shock.
Nah, too simple.
Obama killed it.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#37 May 7, 2012
dragoon70056 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 10:1-25 ESV

Hear the word that the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus says the Lord:“Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them, for the customs of the peoples are vanity. A tree from the forest is cut down and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move. Their idols are like scarecrows in a cucumber field, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good.”...

the christmas tree was a thing adopted by christianity to try and bring more pagans into christianity.

#38 May 7, 2012
http://www.religioustolerance.org/xmas_tree.h...

A good definition of the history of the Christmas tree,

#39 May 7, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 10:1-25 ESV
Hear the word that the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus says the Lord:“Learn not the way of the nations, nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens because the nations are dismayed at them, for the customs of the peoples are vanity. A tree from the forest is cut down and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman. They decorate it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it cannot move. Their idols are like scarecrows in a cucumber field, and they cannot speak; they have to be carried, for they cannot walk. Do not be afraid of them, for they cannot do evil, neither is it in them to do good.”...
the christmas tree was a thing adopted by christianity to try and bring more pagans into christianity.
But cutting the tree was not part of the Pagan celebration ....
Stan Roman

AOL

#40 May 7, 2012
A Christmas Tree is too American and is inappropriate in the new Obama Nation. We must abandon all previous symbols which served to unite us as a people.
Recar Xer IV

Lithia Springs, GA

#41 May 7, 2012
Stan Roman wrote:
A Christmas Tree is too American and is inappropriate in the new Obama Nation. We must abandon all previous symbols which served to unite us as a people.
Finally someone talking some sense here. It's about time we all grew up and quit believing in myths and fairy tales!

Spotted World

#42 May 7, 2012
Stan Roman wrote:
So erect a giant turd on the White House lawn.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#43 May 7, 2012
Fish_sticks wrote:
<quoted text>
But cutting the tree was not part of the Pagan celebration ....
true enough but christians for all thier so called morality and love definetly love causing hurt and pain. trees,heretics,witchesand inquisitions it's all the same to them just as long as they make you believe in jesus.

and what would jesus do i wonder?

“near Halloween.”

Since: Dec 06

‘

#44 May 7, 2012
Oh, it is so sad,
but many's a - TRANSPLANT - has taken
humans, plants and trees alike.

This tree brought so much pleasure
in it's time and was the - HEART - of
Christmas..

It never caused anyone any harm,
never bent threateningly in strong winds -
no indeed it's - BARK - was always stronger than it's bite,
and now it - LEAVES people bereft, especially
members of the special - BRANCH - used it to
spy on trespassers.. and those at
the ROOT of evil deeds.

Sob!
It will remain EVERGREEN in our hearts!

Ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min woodtick57 303,952
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Not Yet Equal 56,966
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 6 min James 95
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 7 min barefoot2626 1,552
NYT Is Lost in Its Ukraine Propaganda 8 min NAZTY Ukraine 12
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Dogen 141,629
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Yeah 1,171,884
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 20 min My take on it 749
Republican newcomer Ernst says Congress ready t... 25 min barefoot2626 68
More from around the web