John McCain and Lindsey Graham Want t...

John McCain and Lindsey Graham Want to invade Falluja Yet Again

There are 116 comments on the Juan Cole story from Jan 5, 2014, titled John McCain and Lindsey Graham Want to invade Falluja Yet Again. In it, Juan Cole reports that:

Dear Informed Comment READERS: Thank you for your support for the last twelve years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Juan Cole.

John Reading

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#41 Jan 7, 2014
hey kids! stoping typoo;) or else i wil reading yo Brainner!!! ;-000
mxlplx

Waterbury, VT

#42 Jan 7, 2014
John Reading wrote:
hey kids! stoping typoo;) or else i wil reading yo Brainner!!! ;-000
Who're you kidding? Your name is Long Nguyen.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#43 Jan 7, 2014
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was Long Duck Dong. Lol!
Long island Itea

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#44 Jan 7, 2014
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
good guessing;) it"s Long John Silver fish-cake!!

U C?;-00h, yo thinkin of Ted Nuget;;-00
Long island Itea

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#45 Jan 7, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was Long Duck Dong. Lol!
i lik yo thinking better!! watta ding dong chingo bell;-00
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#46 Jan 8, 2014
Rambo McCain to the rescue!
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#47 Jan 8, 2014
kuda wrote:
John McCain and Lindsey Graham Want to invade Falluja Yet Again...
Well, as long as they don't want to send our troops, I'm OK with it. We know Mr. McCain is a brave soldier, but I wasn't aware Mr Graham was military material. I worry he might change his mind once his feet hit ground in Iraq.
Maybe A&E could even do an action-based, money-making series featuring McCain and Graham as the "Falluja Men" — like the Ax Men, Dynasty Duckers, Ice Road Truckers, UFO Hunters, Ancient Alien Theorists, and so on.
You wanna know why advocates for big business and the wealthy are always wanting to invade some place?

Read This...the night show comedians are even joking about it:

"The Army's unwanted tanks"

Last year, the U.S. Army made an unusual request to Congress: Stop sending us tanks. That plea was issued after legislators ignored the Army's objections and approved a defense appropriations bill that included $255 million for 42 new M1 Abrams tanks. With 2,300 M1s already deployed around the world, and 3,000 more sitting idle at a base in California's Sierra Nevada mountains, the military said it simply didn't need any more tanks. But Ohio politicians pushed for the extra M1s, so as to keep open an 800-worker tank plant in the state. "A lot of lawmakers stuff funding into defense bills that could benefit their district,"
said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense. Republican Rep. Jim Jordan, whose district is home to the tank plant, insisted that he supported the program for reasons of national security. "I think it's in the best interests of the U.S. to defend our country," he said.

In 1960 on his way out of office Dwight Eisenhower took the time to make a speech to the entire nation warning them against the perils of a military/industrial complex and everyone has stood by and watch it develop anyway. We spend more than the next 17 most powerful nations in the world combined, have troops in 140 countries and the last time anybody surrendered to us was in 1945.
dont know N dont care

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#48 Jan 8, 2014
Syrian wrote:
Rambo McCain to the rescue!
;-000h, dont U dare to stik yo finger in mi face!! see here;
Charlie bit my finger - again !

;-000r, if U wanne Dr. Kissinger Poticare
Charlie smocking cigarweed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

;-0000
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#49 Jan 8, 2014
dont know N dont care wrote:
<quoted text>
;-000h, dont U dare to stik yo finger in mi face!! see here;
Charlie bit my finger - again !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_OBlgSz8sSMXX
;-000r, if U wanne Dr. Kissinger Poticare
Charlie smocking cigarweed!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
;-0000
You wanna know why advocates for big business and the wealthy are always wanting to invade some place?

Read This...the night show comedians are even joking about it:

"The Army's unwanted tanks"

Last year, the U.S. Army made an unusual request to Congress: Stop sending us tanks. That plea was issued after legislators ignored the Army's objections and approved a defense appropriations bill that included $255 million for 42 new M1 Abrams tanks. With 2,300 M1s already deployed around the world, and 3,000 more sitting idle at a base in California's Sierra Nevada mountains, the military said it simply didn't need any more tanks. But Ohio politicians pushed for the extra M1s, so as to keep open an 800-worker tank plant in the state. "A lot of lawmakers stuff funding into defense bills that could benefit their district,"
said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense. Republican Rep. Jim Jordan, whose district is home to the tank plant, insisted that he supported the program for reasons of national security. "I think it's in the best interests of the U.S. to defend our country," he said.

In 1960 on his way out of office Dwight Eisenhower took the time to make a speech to the entire nation warning them against the perils of a military/industrial complex and everyone has stood by and watch it develop anyway. We spend more than the next 17 most powerful nations in the world combined, have troops in 140 countries and the last time anybody surrendered to us was in 1945.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#50 Jan 8, 2014
Why don't you call these Asian-Spring???

South-Korea and Taiwan have been military-dictator-countries till 1990s'.

The U.S. must take Monroe-Doctrine now!
Asian-countries are crazy!

We America intervened Asia.
But, Asia donot thank us!
Asia ais shamles-supid-lazy-disgusting- rich-boys now!
We America must abandon Asia now!

Now, the U.S. has trade-deficit and current-account-deficit against Asia!!!
The U.S. must abandon the world now!
The U.S. must abandon Asia now!
Asia must go back to the dark-ages now!

The U.S. must decrease its military-budget to $100-billion per year now!
Or, the U.S. must decrease its military-budget to 1% of its GDP per year now!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love Americans!

[Wikipedia]
Seoul Spring
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Spring
The Seoul Spring was a period of democratization in South Korea from 26 October 1979 to 17 May 1980.
This expression was derived from the Prague spring of Czechoslovakia in 1968.
Finally the Seoul Spring ended up with Gwangju Massacre on 18 May 1980.

[Wikipedia]
Chun Doo-hwan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chun_Doo-hwan
Chun Doo-hwan (Korean pronunciation: born 18 January 1931) is a ROK Army general who served as the leader and a dictator of South Korea from 1979 to 1988, ruling as an unelected military strongman from December 1979 to September 1980, and the fifth President of South Korea from 1980 to 1988.
Chun was sentenced to death in 1996 for his role in the Gwangju Massacre, but later pardoned by President Kim Young-sam with the advice of then President-elect Kim Dae-jung, whom Chun's administration had sentenced to death some 20 years earlier.

[Wikipedia]
Gwangju massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_massacre
The Gwangju Massacre, also known as Gwangju Democratization Movement refers to a popular movement in the city of Gwangju, South Korea from May 18 to 27, 1980.
Estimates suggest up to 165 people may have died.
During this period, citizens rose up against Chun Doo-hwan's dictatorship and took control of the city.
In the course of the movement, citizens took up arms (by robbing police stations and military depots) to oppose the government, but were ultimately crushed by the South Korean army.

[Wikipedia]
Republic of China presidential election, 1996
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Chin...
The election of the ninth-term President and Vice-President of the Republic of China was the first ever direct presidential election in the ROC on Taiwan; it occurred on 23 March 1996.
In the previous eight elections the president and vice president had been chosen in a ballot of the deputies of the National Assembly, in accordance with the 1947 constitution.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#51 Jan 8, 2014
American-top1% and military-industry have been making money by exploiting democratization and something-somthing-spiring and by squeezing American-99%!

And, Japs are colluding with American-top1% and military-industry!
(You must think where is money!)

So, we need Monroe-Doctrine now!
And, this is Republican's tradtion!
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#52 Jan 8, 2014
American-politicians, American-Democratic-Part, American-Republican-Party, American-Generals and American-top1% have been wasting Americans' tax money!!!

Americans must anger now!
Americans must rise now!

Julia Angwin
http://juliaangwin.com/wall-street-journal-ar...
NSA Struggles to Make Sense of Flood of Surveillance Data
December 26, 2013
William Binney, creator of some of the computer code used by the National Security Agency to snoop on Internet traffic around the world, delivered an unusual message here in September to an audience worried that the spy agency knows too much.
It knows so much, he said, that it can’t understand what it has.
“What they are doing is making themselves dysfunctional by taking all this data,” Mr. Binney said at a privacy conference here.

http://juliaangwin.com/nsa-struggles-to-make-...
NSA Struggles to Make Sense of Flood of Surveillance Data
December 26, 2013
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#53 Jan 8, 2014
Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
Why don't you call these Asian-Spring???
South-Korea and Taiwan have been military-dictator-countries till 1990s'.
Asian-countries are crazy!
We America intervened Asia.
But, Asia donot thank us!
Asia ais shamles-supid-lazy-disgusting- rich-boys now!
We America must abandon Asia now!
Now, the U.S. has trade-deficit and current-account-deficit against Asia!!!
The U.S. must abandon the world now!
The U.S. must abandon Asia now!
Asia must go back to the dark-ages now!
The U.S. must decrease its military-budget to $100-billion per year now!
Or, the U.S. must decrease its military-budget to 1% of its GDP per year now!
We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love Americans!
[Wikipedia]
Seoul Spring
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Spring
The Seoul Spring was a period of democratization in South Korea from 26 October 1979 to 17 May 1980.
This expression was derived from the Prague spring of Czechoslovakia in 1968.
Finally the Seoul Spring ended up with Gwangju Massacre on 18 May 1980.
[Wikipedia]
Chun Doo-hwan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chun_Doo-hwan
Chun Doo-hwan (Korean pronunciation: born 18 January 1931) is a ROK Army general who served as the leader and a dictator of South Korea from 1979 to 1988, ruling as an unelected military strongman from December 1979 to September 1980, and the fifth President of South Korea from 1980 to 1988.
Chun was sentenced to death in 1996 for his role in the Gwangju Massacre, but later pardoned by President Kim Young-sam with the advice of then President-elect Kim Dae-jung, whom Chun's administration had sentenced to death some 20 years earlier.
[Wikipedia]
Gwangju massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangju_massacre
The Gwangju Massacre, also known as Gwangju Democratization Movement refers to a popular movement in the city of Gwangju, South Korea from May 18 to 27, 1980.
Estimates suggest up to 165 people may have died.
During this period, citizens rose up against Chun Doo-hwan's dictatorship and took control of the city.
In the course of the movement, citizens took up arms (by robbing police stations and military depots) to oppose the government, but were ultimately crushed by the South Korean army.
[Wikipedia]
Republic of China presidential election, 1996
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Chin...
The election of the ninth-term President and Vice-President of the Republic of China was the first ever direct presidential election in the ROC on Taiwan; it occurred on 23 March 1996.
In the previous eight elections the president and vice president had been chosen in a ballot of the deputies of the National Assembly, in accordance with the 1947 constitution.
They've got something else going for them. We owe them more than a trillion dollars. George W. Bush was the first president in our history who borrowed from Communist Chinese banks. He had to have it to pay for his unfunded oil war. The Iraq fiasco will go down in history as the most stupid and most unnecessary war America has ever started.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#54 Jan 8, 2014
Thank you very much.
I forgot to say this.
I DO respect Asian-Americans.
I DO respect African-Americans. I DO respect White-Ameicans. I DO respect Hispanic-Americans.
I DO repect all Americans.
I am talking about countries.
I am talking about nationality.
I DO love the U.S.! I DO love Amercans!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#55 Jan 8, 2014
It's time to put McCain in the old age home for the insane!
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#56 Jan 9, 2014
Syrian wrote:
It's time to put McCain in the old age home for the insane!
He's a Republican - pretty much the same thing.
John McCain

United States

#57 Jan 9, 2014
Syrian Groups Try to Recruit U.S. Travelers

WASHINGTON — Islamic extremist groups in Syria with ties to Al Qaeda are trying to identify, recruit and train Americans and other Westerners who have traveled there to get them to carry out attacks when they return home, according to senior American intelligence and counterterrorism officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/world/middl...

Good! I'll finally have some company, maybe even tell me wife she can stop wearing that burkha with her slippers.
John McCain

United States

#58 Jan 9, 2014
"Another American, Eric G. Harroun, a former Army soldier from Phoenix, was indicted in Virginia by a federal grand jury last year on charges related to allegations that he fought alongside the Nusra Front, one of the Syrian opposition groups linked to Al Qaeda. In September, he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge involving conspiracy to transfer defense articles and services, and was released from custody."

I can't believe it! This guy was my translator! We even talked about how nice downtown Phoenix was looking these days.
ocxz

Paris, France

#59 Jan 9, 2014
lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not our "leaders" that are the main drivers here. That is what the sheeple here argue over 99% of the time but with our WAR departments; and we have sooo many now, these are not elected positions. They are also not appointed by elected officials. Sure, the heads of these agencies are but those people come and go pretty quickly compared to the other people at the top in these agencies who will reside in these positions long after the current president is gone. Many have been there since before the current president even got there.
Point here being is there are policies being carried out that have been in place long before any sitting president gets the oval office, and will continue long after any current president is gone. These people are not elected, do not report to, and are not accountable to the people of the US.
It is these polices that help keep us in continual war.
Sure there is much more, but this is one of the most look over facets. You also have the vast military complex rife with bloated spending. The use of private contractors which continually bloat the price of the whole scheme. You also have the current surveillance state which would not be possible without these private contractors which gives the gov even more power to oppress its population. And you need a boogeyman (terrorism) to keep everyone scared and justify these freedom killing policies.
I could go on but topix only gives me so many characters...
You are awake lamer, good post,

All about keeping the citizen under pressure and thus having better control
a person living under stress is more easy to handle
John Reading

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#60 Jan 9, 2014
John McCain wrote:
"Another American, Eric G. Harroun, a former Army soldier from Phoenix, was indicted in Virginia by a federal grand jury last year on charges related to allegations that he fought alongside the Nusra Front, one of the Syrian opposition groups linked to Al Qaeda. In September, he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge involving conspiracy to transfer defense articles and services, and was released from custody."
I can't believe it! This guy was my translator! We even talked about how nice downtown Phoenix was looking these days.
how dare you stolen some ONE name?!!! ;-00

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,600,660
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min NTMD8OR 289,225
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min RiccardoFire 9,768
News Hillary Clinton Won't Rule Out Questioning The ... 12 min Ronald 23
News Pelosi on DREAMer Protest: - I Respect the Conc... 20 min Wildchild 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Mr Wiggley 30,842
News Trump, top Democrats reach deal on DACA immigrants 32 min Prosperity Fundie... 66
News DACA recipients question future 1 hr george 215
More from around the web