Student who participated in inaugurat...

Student who participated in inauguration festivities shot dead

There are 136 comments on the New York Daily News story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Student who participated in inauguration festivities shot dead. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

A 15-year-old Chicago honor student who participated in inaugural events celebrating President Obama's re-election was fatally shot Tuesday just blocks from her school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#63 Jan 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Nitpick all you like, Far. I don't consider firearms expertise to be a plus. In fact I associate this over-zealous interest to be characteristics of fanatics on the paranoid side of the guns issue.
I think you knew all along what I meant by an assault weapon, but wanted to divert attention from the real issue, which is the ability to mow people down like flies in a matter of seconds.
You don't even have to be an expert; you just should be firearms literate before deciding what guns you want to ban. An AR-15 won't more anyone down any faster than a shooter with to fully loaded .45 ACP's, which won't be included and which is deadlier per shot than the AR-15.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#64 Jan 30, 2013
should have said "with *two* fully loaded .45 ACP's..."

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#65 Jan 30, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Nitpick all you like, Far. I don't consider firearms expertise to be a plus. In fact I associate this over-zealous interest to be characteristics of fanatics on the paranoid side of the guns issue.
I think you knew all along what I meant by an assault weapon, but wanted to divert attention from the real issue, which is the ability to mow people down like flies in a matter of seconds.
I agree, assault mowers should be banned. Nobody but highly trained park people need them.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#66 Jan 30, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
This gives Obama a very macabre presence.
You're looking at your tail.
Cat74

United States

#67 Jan 30, 2013
If the gangbangers in Obama;s Chicago neighborhood have guns with high capacity mags, and they do, then we need them too. In case they want to expand their territory we need to be as well armed as they seem to be. All these time consuming hearings are to keep us from seeing what the sneaky devils in Washington are really doing to our beloved country.
1 post removed
Lamont Hightower

Vacaville, CA

#69 Jan 30, 2013
Isnt Chicago the place BO had previously organized?
Gazaam Gina!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#70 Jan 30, 2013
Lamont Hightower wrote:
Isnt Chicago the place BO had previously organized?
Gazaam Gina!
Yeah, and now you know what the good ol' U.S. of A. will look like when he exits office.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#71 Jan 31, 2013
NBC News tonight.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5064563...

The mother of this victim wants tougher gun laws. Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the country and obviously, that doesn't work.

Here's a novel idea. Every time someone commits and is convicted of a crime involving a gun, they be summarily executed. If nothing else, it would insure that person never commits another crime, and, the taxpayers won't be burdened with supporting him for the next fifty years or so.

Will liberals never understand that enforcement is the answer, not enacting even more ridiculous laws that will only affect law abiding citizens?
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#72 Jan 31, 2013
As you gun(*)uggers parse what is a real assault gun and what is a wannabe assault gun, the world laughs ...
Chicago Hater

San Antonio, TX

#73 Jan 31, 2013
That's nothing. Do you know how many kids were shot in my hood last year? Zero. I live in America, not African America. Thank God!

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#74 Jan 31, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Rahm can run a city at all.
With all the murders and crime in Chicago, he sure has his disaster........when is he going to take advantage of it?

au contraire

Location hidden

#75 Jan 31, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
As you gun(*)uggers parse what is a real assault gun and what is a wannabe assault gun, the world laughs ...
You and Goebbles would have made a good team. Seig Heil.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#76 Jan 31, 2013
I wonder if the guns obama goes skeet shooting with at camp david are legal?

au contraire

Location hidden

#77 Jan 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You're looking at your tail.
not suprising, ususally when you are around we always have to watch our tail........or keep it to the wall.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#78 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 8 foot wide hips are nothing to look at, muffintop.

AUtistic cry-a-thon: Day 86

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#79 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>not suprising, ususally when you are around we always have to watch our tail........or keep it to the wall.
Damn right. Now you're getting it.
1 post removed
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

#81 Jan 31, 2013
GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL GUN CONTROL

For all law-abiding American citizens !
It does NOT affect muslims …..Barrack Hussein Obama.

9/7/11 Carson City, NV - Eduardo Sencion, Mexican-turned-muslims, walked into an I-Hop and targeted five uniformed National Guard members and shot & killed them.
Not ONE democrat called for gun control because Mexicans/muslims are politically correct.

In 2002, the muslims father and son team, John Allen Muhammed and son Lee Boyd Malvo (D.C. Snipers) went on a 23-day jihad rampage in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia and shot and killed dozens of American citizens and wounded many others.
Not ONE democRAT called for gun control, because muslims are politically correct.

Muslim honor killings are rampant in the United States.
Family members, kill offsprings/siblings for ‘family reasons’.
One such recently was just last year, when muslim gang banger Ibrahim Aysheh in Chicago, who killed his sister for a ‘family reason’.
At the time he was on probation for unlawful use of a weapons.
On March 21, 2011, he was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a firearm, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a gun with a defaced serial number, records show.
Not ONE democRAT called for gun control, because muslims are politically correct.

In 2009, muslim Nikal Malik HASAN shot and killed dozens of Americans and wounded dozens more at Fort Hood TX.
The scum muslim was taken into custody.
Muslim Barack Hussein Obama stepped in and rewarded HASAN by permitting him to keep his government pension of $4300 per month !

Iranian writer Amil Imani, Islam Must Be Stopped In America, July 14, 2010, said, "Warning: Islam is not a religion but a political ideology which incites hate, violence, intolerance and terror. Islamists are terminators. You cannot bargain with them. You cannot reason with them. They do not feel pity or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until all the infidels are dead or have submitted to Islam. The only language the Islamists understand is the language of force.(excerpt from rense.com ).

Soon, we will see killings of gays and lesbians as well as acid thrown into the faces of women that do not submit to Islam. As their numbers grow in America - so does their culture and practices.( rense.com )

Muslim Barack Hussein Obama boasted that all muslims are politically correct.
Furthermore, his agenda is to excempt muslims from prosecution as long as they follow the writings of the Koran.
NOTE: The koran is a manifesto to kill ALL infidels, ESPECIALLY homosexuals (males and females).

Obama’s support of homosexuals is a mere smoke screen designed to garner their votes.

au contraire

Location hidden

#82 Jan 31, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Damn right. Now you're getting it.
puts a whole new meaning to tailgate parties.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#83 Jan 31, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "assault" weapon.
<LOL> "What's an assault weapon?"

A knife, bat, tire iron, pitchfork, brass knuckles, sword, frying pan.

Oh, yes and also any type of gun.

<I'm secretly hoping they won't put a ban on 'frying pans', especially the cast iron ones>
<LOL>

au contraire

Location hidden

#84 Jan 31, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
<LOL> "What's an assault weapon?"
A knife, bat, tire iron, pitchfork, brass knuckles, sword, frying pan.
Oh, yes and also any type of gun.
<I'm secretly hoping they won't put a ban on 'frying pans', especially the cast iron ones>
<LOL>
I know a man came out with the plastic rolling pin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge: Trump's health care cuts don't pose imme... 21 min CodeTalker 2
News GAO: Climate change already costing US billions... 24 min anonymous 2
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 24 min almighty bob 413
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min CodeTalker 1,621,724
News Pennsylvania sets March 13 special election to ... 44 min Nurse Cratchet 2
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Bongo 37,315
News Biden says a Northam victory in Virginia govern... 1 hr No to Ed 7
More from around the web