Sound Off! (Jan. 14)

Sound Off! (Jan. 14)

There are 158 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Sound Off! (Jan. 14). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

It breaks my heart to read about all the animals that are put down everyday at the shelter because irresponsible pet owners do not spay and neuter their animals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#105 Jan 14, 2010
Pen Pal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I thought that they were near N. Main and Triviz.
Is it beyond the competence of the LCPD to have a recording explaining what is going on instead of a busy signal?
In all fairness to LCPD & more specifically to MESILLA VALLEY REGIONAL DISPATCH AUTHORITY (MVRDA who serve both DASO & LCPD), there signal is busy due to the high volume of calls probably such as yours just seeking info rather than calling 911 for an emergency. Whether you dial the emergency number or nonemergency number, even if there was a recording, you'd still get a busy signal due to the higher frequency of calls in a situation as such. I'd be more inclined to blame the Air Force's local PIO for failure to advise the surrounding public. Just a thought.
uptown

Las Cruces, NM

#106 Jan 14, 2010
Ahhh...El Paso has the answer

Sonic Boom Felt In And Around Las Cruces
Jessica Molinar/KFOX Weekend Assignments Editor/Associate Producer
Posted: 9:23 pm MST January 14, 2010
Updated: 9:32 pm MST January 14, 2010

Comment On This Story

LAS CRUCES, N.M.-- The KFOX news room has been flooded with phone calls about a loud boom that was felt in and around Las Cruces, N.M.

Las Cruces Police Spokesman Dan Trujillo told KFOX the Air Force confirmed a F-22 Jet broke the sound barrier at 8:40 p.m. Thursday.

Emergency dispatchers also say the phone lines have been tied up with callers reporting the boom.

Several callers told KFOX their homes shook. Other callers said they heard another boom about half an hour later. Copyright 2010 by KFOXTV.com . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Vitara

San Jose, CA

#107 Jan 14, 2010
Sarcastic Bombastic wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness to LCPD & more specifically to MESILLA VALLEY REGIONAL DISPATCH AUTHORITY (MVRDA who serve both DASO & LCPD), there signal is busy due to the high volume of calls probably such as yours just seeking info rather than calling 911 for an emergency. Whether you dial the emergency number or nonemergency number, even if there was a recording, you'd still get a busy signal due to the higher frequency of calls in a situation as such. I'd be more inclined to blame the Air Force's local PIO for failure to advise the surrounding public. Just a thought.
El Paso channel 14 --reg Cable 8 (Fox ) carried the story of it being just as reported a sonic boom . It is also on their web page , which of all the news outlets in the area proves to be the most up to date.If anybody is looking for today's news on the Sun-News web page it will be there Saturday .
uptown

Las Cruces, NM

#108 Jan 14, 2010
whoops
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
uptown

Las Cruces, NM

#109 Jan 14, 2010
I'm really the little kangaroo from Horton hears a Who. No one listened to that guy either.

In Utero (originally)

#110 Jan 14, 2010
Pen Pal wrote:
SB, howdy, and right you are. Sonic booms from Whistler (or something like this) AFB. Why in the world are they doing night maneuvers over a city the size of Las Cruces?
Bedtime story. When I lived in McLean, VA, about a mile west of the Potomac, flights from National, now Reagan, went up the river. Then someone got the bright idea of moving the flight path west, about a mile. The first time a flight went over our house, my wife asked how long we would have to put up with the racket. I said about as long as it takes a certain Supreme Court Justice to call the FAA. He lived about eight blocks north of us, and the flight path went over his house, too. Guess what? No more flights in our neighborhood.
Hi Doc! I remember McClean. I lived in Reston, when it was a privately owned community by Gulf Reston. I'm sure you're familiar with the area and neighboring Dulles Airport in Sterling/Chantilly. Our really nice expensive home came under the same nerve shattering air traffic as you & your wife experienced for a brief stint. One of the big whigs in our neighborhood raised hell and it ceased. ;-)

Thanks for the greeting & the bedtime story. Take care!

In Utero (originally)

#111 Jan 14, 2010
Vitara wrote:
<quoted text>El Paso channel 14 --reg Cable 8 (Fox ) carried the story of it being just as reported a sonic boom . It is also on their web page , which of all the news outlets in the area proves to be the most up to date.If anybody is looking for today's news on the Sun-News web page it will be there Saturday .
Well I guess I stand corrected and it wasn't the Air Force's local PIO...it was LCSN dropping the ball. It figures...what else is new with the LCSN? I guess we'll have to wait until after the fact to know, right? ;-)

Thanks Vitara! I hadn't spoken with you in a while. Good night!
Vitara

San Jose, CA

#112 Jan 14, 2010
<quoted text>
Hi Doc! I remember McClean. I lived in Reston, when it was a privately owned community by Gulf Reston. I'm sure you're familiar with the area and neighboring Dulles Airport in Sterling/Chantilly. Our really nice expensive home came under the same nerve shattering air traffic as you & your wife experienced for a brief stint. One of the big whigs in our neighborhood raised hell and it ceased. ;-)
Thanks for the greeting & the bedtime story. Take care!
My #2 son lives in Ashburn and says things have calmed down except for the necessary Dulles traffic.

In Utero (originally)

#113 Jan 14, 2010
Vitara wrote:
<quoted text>My #2 son lives in Ashburn and says things have calmed down except for the necessary Dulles traffic.
Well that's good for all the people in that area. After a while, I'm sure the people get used to it; however, it must be hell for those with newborns.

Since: Jun 08

Huntsville, AL

#114 Jan 14, 2010
<quoted text>
Paul, I've always backed you on your right to litigate & I've always understood your points, as they are valid! However, because I don't have an issue with the City's Logo, I do understand why you do. With that said, I do think it is appalling that so many write really nasty remarks to any of your comments. Are you really sure you'd want to meet these caliber of people who clearly have such disdain for you & your beliefs, and apparently can't even maintain a civil level of respect? I've never seen you disrespect anyone, but it doesn't seem to count much with your opponents! What's to prevent one of these people to be so consumed with HATE that they don't try to harm you? Just food for thought, Paul.
Shalom!
SB, you may be correct but your concern works both ways. My belief is that people who post with disrespect and mean comments, probably would not be people that would engage in a civil manner. A long time ago, I suggested to Paul that I disagreed with him and that a cup of coffee would be just a good starting point. I did not receive any reply. His offer today is interesting and if he has time to waste, so have I. We would need to agree that to disagree is okay. I would like to see how he ticks. Pen Pal and I have met over coffee and I respect his positions and hopefully he respects mine. I feel a lot better when I can look a person in the eye and even though he/she is wrong, my opinion, they are still entitled to their beliefs.

Off topic -
BTW, the funnies were great. Where can I get tickets for this airline?

In Utero (originally)

#115 Jan 14, 2010
Thomas F Schraad wrote:
<quoted text>
SB, you may be correct but your concern works both ways. My belief is that people who post with disrespect and mean comments, probably would not be people that would engage in a civil manner. A long time ago, I suggested to Paul that I disagreed with him and that a cup of coffee would be just a good starting point. I did not receive any reply. His offer today is interesting and if he has time to waste, so have I. We would need to agree that to disagree is okay. I would like to see how he ticks. Pen Pal and I have met over coffee and I respect his positions and hopefully he respects mine. I feel a lot better when I can look a person in the eye and even though he/she is wrong, my opinion, they are still entitled to their beliefs.
Off topic -
BTW, the funnies were great. Where can I get tickets for this airline?
Hi Tom! My dear friend, your 1st & 2nd sentences call me into check: Although I am perfectly capable of civil discourse, as many are well aware...when someone starts up without relenting, I'm quite capable of indulging them in the mud slinging. Even if I don't start the BS, I do choose at times to react to it. I think we're all guilty of that.

Well since he's kindly extending the invitation to all, not just to me, I'm sure he'd be inclined to meet with you...especially with your inquiries of me from before. I'm certain Mr. Weinbaum is a very knowledgeable and very educated gentleman, and I do believe people tend very civil in discourse when face to face.

As for *off topic: I'm glad you enjoyed them. Please expect a very personal prayer request here soon. Good night, my dear friend!

Since: Jun 08

Huntsville, AL

#116 Jan 14, 2010
Fed Up in NM wrote:
Is anyone else hearing loud, odd rumblings in the S. Main area?
Yes, they were reported by the media as sonic booms.

In Utero (originally)

#117 Jan 14, 2010
La Mosca, I've been trying to locate the books online which re the info you requested. As of yet, I haven't located the title; however, I'm hoping it's among these books describing the gas chambers in this link.

http://books.google.com/books...

Then too, I have been combing through this site, and it explains Hitler's warped idea of "Christianity".

http://www.nobeliefs.com/HitlerBible.htm

In Utero (originally)

#118 Jan 14, 2010
One more thing, La Mosca:

I forgot to include this link, which I'll have to read through Hitler's quotes later...unless you do so as it might be contained within those selected for this site.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler
Sarcastic Bombastic

Las Cruces, NM

#119 Jan 14, 2010
La Mosca, I don't know why my #117 post was removed providing you with some links. If it doesn't appear by tomorrow, I'll repost.
Fed Up in NM

United States

#120 Jan 15, 2010
uptown wrote:
<quoted text>
North Main booms heard here. Sad you and I had to come here to find any info. No breaking news on the web news sources.
Guess they were sonic booms. I was far enough away that it sounded nothing like a sonic boom and the dogs got scared, which was odd. I thought there were ordinances against sonic booms around cities? Not that I mind them, just not used to them anymore.
Paul Weinbaum

Albuquerque, NM

#121 Jan 15, 2010
Yes, it's true. I purposely ignored Mr. Schraad's request to meet with me. All his postings, here and yon, appeared to indicate a narrow religious view of his world that would exclude even considering any other historical view point, especially those contained in the Bill of Rights.

If Mr. Schraad would read 'Constantine's Sword,' if he is allowed, and then call me, I guarantee a meeting. I'll even treat him to lunch any where he chooses in this fair city.
buttfudge

Freedom, PA

#122 Jan 15, 2010
Whocares

Las Cruces, NM

#123 Jan 15, 2010
Paul Weinbaum wrote:
Yes, it's true. I purposely ignored Mr. Schraad's request to meet with me. All his postings, here and yon, appeared to indicate a narrow religious view of his world that would exclude even considering any other historical view point, especially those contained in the Bill of Rights.
If Mr. Schraad would read 'Constantine's Sword,' if he is allowed, and then call me, I guarantee a meeting. I'll even treat him to lunch any where he chooses in this fair city.
A person who can only see one meaning of a cross also has a very narrow view.
3 posts removed
Vitara

San Jose, CA

#127 Jan 15, 2010
Paul Weinbaum wrote:
Met him in church !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Eh sunny 1,641,433
News Sen. Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Assault By LA... 6 min Chilli J 35
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Chilli J 41,856
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Rose_NoHo 14,072
News 10 African Americans named Rhodes scholars, mos... 12 min Ms Sassy 6
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 17 min General Kabaka Oba 56
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 24 min pakalolo 77
More from around the web