Anti-Gay Sen. Crapo Apologizes After ...

Anti-Gay Sen. Crapo Apologizes After Drunk Driving Arrest

There are 42 comments on the Towleroad story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Anti-Gay Sen. Crapo Apologizes After Drunk Driving Arrest. In it, Towleroad reports that:

Michael Crapo, an anti-gay Mormon Republican Senator from Idaho, has apologized after being arrested for drunk driving early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 24, 2012
He got off lucky, they didn't find out about the 'toe tappin' escapade ...
Harlan

United States

#2 Dec 24, 2012
Michael CRAPPO? Sounds gay to me.

Since: Jan 08

Portland, OR

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Typical GOP/Mormon hypocrisy. I'm sure if his daughter got pregnant he'd head for the nearest (well, probably farthest) Planned Parenthood clinic to take care of his sweetie's little mistake. Can't wait to hear about his gay grandchildren!
1 post removed
abood

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#5 Dec 24, 2012
Sexo gay
shelby

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Dec 25, 2012
At least his male prostitute was smart enough not to get in the car with him.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#7 Dec 25, 2012
Wait, a conservative MORMON caught drunk driving? Oh, I got my first present this morning! Why does this taste so sweet? It proves that a hater has BIG issues that make him hate. He has enough demons to fill a scary movie.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Dec 25, 2012
Harlan wrote:
Michael CRAPPO? Sounds gay to me.
He's an ANTI gay senator, you idiot. You should be out there paying his bail since you approve of his hatred so much.

Are your reading skills so faulty that you cannot even read a headline correctly? The FIRST word is "Anti", but all you saw was "gay".

Typical hater, ill informed and lazy.
1 post removed

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Dec 25, 2012
What's Not on the Mormon Menu
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/whats-n...

Like many aspects of the LDS religion, the duty to maintain good health has its roots in revelation, in this case a section of the Doctrine and Covenants that Mormons call the Word of Wisdom. The legend surrounding its origin is that Joseph Smith and other early LDS leaders used to chew tobacco during Church meetings, spitting juices on the floor. Joseph's wife, Emma Hale Smith, was disgusted by this act, and her complaints led the Prophet to ask God whether tobacco use was really appropriate for Latter-day Saints.

The Lord's response, contained in D&C section 89, covered far more than just tobacco; it also restricted the consumption of wine, liquor, meat, and hot drinks (today interpreted to mean tea and coffee of any temperature). Although many Mormons understand this scripture as suggesting that all caffeine is bad and should be avoided, this idea isn't official Church doctrine; the Church allows members to decide that issue for themselves, and some members choose to drink cola.

Some people wonder whether Mormons get kicked out of the Church for kicking back a few. The answer is no: Basic Church membership isn't contingent upon keeping the Word of Wisdom. However, members with Word of Wisdom problems can't hold priesthood callings or get a temple recommend. So although nobody gets excommunicated for smoking a cigarette or being spotted in Starbuck's, the full blessings of Church membership, including temple attendance, are reserved for those who walk the straight and narrow path.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Dec 25, 2012
Righteous-Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, even on Christmas day you have a pisspoor attitude, are you gay or something?!?!
Thank you for showing all of us that even on Christmas Day, just a few days after a massacre of a mother and over a dozen school children, your hate of gays and lesbians is the main focus in your life.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#12 Dec 25, 2012
FTA:
"Crapo is one of the nine Republicans who filed an amicus brief to sustain DOMA earlier this year. He also also voted against repealing DADT, against a comprehensive hate crimes law and for a constitutional amendment prohibiting same-sex marriage. Wonder if we'll ever get an apology for those mistakes..."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13 Dec 25, 2012
Ever notice that these "religious types" always expect forgiveness from everyone when they get caught doing things they preach against? But they never offer forgiveness to the people they want to persecute?

"...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Righteous-Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, even on Christmas day you have a pisspoor attitude, are you gay or something?!?!
words anti-gays refuse to live by
"...and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#15 Dec 25, 2012
I'll bet he was so upset when they caught him that he shit his holy underwear.
1 post removed

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#17 Dec 25, 2012
Rudolph Red Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, ya just gotta tie the school shooting in there don't ya? Regressive liberals have no shame. Sensationally.
And folks like you always deflect any attention to their own faults.

Tell us, do you cross your fingers when you say the Lord's Prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance?

Of course you do. It's much easier to condemn others than it is to face your own faults.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#18 Dec 25, 2012
I wonder if he takes a crap with a wide stance, like Sen Larry Craig....who BTW is also from Idaho. Maybe its a Idahoan tradition???

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#19 Dec 25, 2012
Oh my! A drunk Mormon??? That's a BIG NO NO! LOL
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Dec 25, 2012
LOL at Crapo. Love that name! Sen. Crapo!

He’s probably just another “wide stance” Republican senator. Let’s see, he’s a Mormon who doesn’t drink arrested for DUI with a high blood alcohol content. Hmm...he’s also strongly anti-gay, of course, which begs the question “Why?”

Was he caught driving alone after drinking alcohol at a gay bar?

He’s sorry he got caught. Damage control.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#21 Dec 25, 2012
kuda wrote:
LOL at Crapo. Love that name! Sen. Crapo!
He’s probably just another “wide stance” Republican senator. Let’s see, he’s a Mormon who doesn’t drink arrested for DUI with a high blood alcohol content. Hmm...he’s also strongly anti-gay, of course, which begs the question “Why?”
Was he caught driving alone after drinking alcohol at a gay bar?
He’s sorry he got caught. Damage control.
gee, if it turns out he was drinking at a gay bar, it would be a TRIFECTA, don't ya think?

it would certainly make my day
2 posts removed
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Dec 25, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
gee, if it turns out he was drinking at a gay bar, it would be a TRIFECTA, don't ya think?
it would certainly make my day
Indeed it would, Karma. But my “driving from a gay bar” hypothesis was just an intuitive gut reaction, as in (antigay)+(disingenuous Republican senator)=(another closeted gay Republican senator).

But then, maybe he was just driving from a girlfriend’s or call girl’s house, or drinking alone to calm the shakes, or some Republican senators’ drunken Christmas orgy, or some Mormon senators’ drunken Christmas orgy, or....
1 post removed
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#26 Dec 25, 2012
Rudolph Red Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an everyday defect that needs to sensationalize any of my behavior no matter how right or wrong it may be and if it happens to be wrong, which is rare, it is done so discreetly. Decriminalize reef.
Narcissist
Lipstick, how might one demonstrate defective behavior discretely. Just curious. Does being discrete involve not getting caught at transgressions?

Perhaps you could illustrate by describing one of those rare incidents from your own life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden associates resume discussion about presid... 5 min Synque 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Coffee Party 194,611
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Paul Porter1 171,935
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min dGo mDaedn lyHo i... 54,325
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 13 min I Am No One_ 10,955
News Can mentally ill wait? 15 min netruthteller 4
News NAACP's 'Journey for Justice' protest march beg... 20 min Cordwainer Trout 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min woodtick57 190,306
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 25 min Le Jimbo 63
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min Bluestater 1,263,798
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr marvibodo 336,757
More from around the web