Maxine Waters: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight to Hell'

Aug 22, 2011 Read more: NewsBusters.org 3,823

Yesterday, at a high school gym in Inglewwood, California, at what was billed as a "Kitchen Table Summit," as seen in a video currently showing at both MRC-TV and Breitbart , Congresswoman Maxine Waters said, "As far as I'm concerned, the Tea Party can go straight to hell." The crowd, reportedly "more than 2,000 people," cheered her statement.

Read more

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

#3968 Jan 24, 2012
Barry Goldwater wrote:
<quoted text>While the right wing wishes to put the housing crunch on Dems in Congress (and they do deserve it) Frank, Mostly Chris Dodd and all others who sat silently (IE;Bush) The Housing crunch is only the symptom of no real economic growth for the middle since the early 1980's. I am old Reagan Republican that saw George W. Bush for what he is from the start. Another Washington puppet in the mold of Obama,MCcain,Gingrich, Kerry (name any recent Senate leader). The economy was pulled by inflated home prices since 1989 when refinancing every couple of years became the norm. Before that time very few Americans ever refinanced. The middle class lived on credit cards and wiped the balances clean every couple of years by hitting the escrow ATM. We got sucked in and thought it would never go south. The difference between me and the party fanatics on both sides is that I realize there is no difference between the two parties. Someday these Tea Party people will finally understand they are on the right track but are looking to the same people for help that will continue to destroy them. Example is that the tea party knows the government is wasteful but supports every military expense that comes up. Sorry you can't have it both ways. Even if you give Bush a free ride on the housing bubble his administration caused enough damage in wild spending on pointless war and prescription drug give aways that even Cheney was against. Corporate America now owns Washington Democrat and Republican alike. Combine this with crazy military adventurism and you have us on a 1930's German path. It will be fun until the attacks start getting back to our homeland. Yes, people are scared to death and I feel for them...but please do your homework.
I love how you give Clinton a pass - when he's primarily responsible for the Community reinvestment act that barney frank and others pushed through.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#3969 Jan 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's your view of history, from the way you focus on faults, it's as if you hate America.
<quoted text>Nonsense, the founders created a document that could be amended.
<quoted text>More nonsense, the Tea Party is about cutting wasteful government spending, cutting intrusive regulation and stopping tax increases.
The goverment spending cuts hurt poor and helps business and Kochs.....intrusive regulaition is a "buzzword" and has no real definition (again, made up by Kochs)...tax increase "stoppage" only helps top 1%(sorta like "death tax"), and hurts middle class....LOL!!! FOX (so-called) "News", drug addled bufoons like Limbaugh, Big Insurance, and Koch Brothers have filled your already empty head with crap!! It is not that people who disagree with you hate America...they hate YOU!!! You are nothing but a heartless, clueless corporate tool!!!
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#3970 Jan 24, 2012
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you give Clinton a pass - when he's primarily responsible for the Community reinvestment act that barney frank and others pushed through.
What about neo-Fascist Ronald Reagan who nearly DESTROYED this country??? Reagan was one of worst presidents in US history!!

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#3971 Jan 24, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>What about neo-Fascist Ronald Reagan who nearly DESTROYED this country??? Reagan was one of worst presidents in US history!!
oh that's true but never forget W, he will never be forgotten.
After the great Ike, Rep presidents mostly go to the drain and "reaganomics" have been proven to be dangerous in many places, not all i agree.
He may have been a part of the final fall of the USSR but not in the top list.

N*ts G. could make W a genius if elected because going at war against Iran for cuddling AIPAC-GOP is certainly quite a hardship compared to the already disastrous Afghan and Iraqi wars.
Pleasing these crazy lobbies is just a signal for body bags for American and European soldiers, it does not make any in the first place.

May any Rep candidate be sent back home in November.

a whiteboi

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

#3972 Jan 24, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>What about neo-Fascist Ronald Reagan who nearly DESTROYED this country??? Reagan was one of worst presidents in US history!!
I see you present a lot of pertinent facts with your comments...
1 post removed
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

#3974 Jan 25, 2012
<quoted text>
You are right, it was a long list of offenders that started with the Mexican bail out in the early 90's. We started bailing the banks at every crisis and they paid our politicians well for the service. The final and biggest theft came under Bush when they came to the rescue of AIG and the five major banks. This heist was set up for years and played out perfectly. Both parties point at each other and the majority of Americans still but this WWF like phony political battle.If you are looking to lay it on one party ..you are part of the continuing problem.
1 post removed

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#3976 Jan 25, 2012
The real meaning of last night's State of the Union campaign speech... Familiar Rhetoric/ Familiar Excuses:

&fe ature=player_embedded
Raph

Mareuil-lès-meaux, France

#3977 Jan 25, 2012
To this pretentious douche Templar, you don't know anything about France except stupid crap like "muslims are taking over majority" (HAHAHAHA) you saw on your stupid tv news. Quit judging countries and people you just don't know. And this dumbass who wrote in his "essay" that french build walls with glass on top around their houses.. I LOL'd, I live there and I've never seen this ONCE in my life.. what a bunch of crap.
nevertheless

Newcastle, Australia

#3978 Jan 26, 2012
i/'m going to hell too
1 post removed
Always Thinking

Warrensburg, MO

#3980 Jan 26, 2012
When Obama was first elected he had a majority in the House and Senate which would have allowed him to take care of anything he campaigned on but he did not and now he is campaigning on the same issues. Why has he waited until now to say he wants to do something about any of this?

Obama uses same lines in 2010 and 2011 today on issues he never intended to do, why did he not do something when he could have? He has nothing but Familiar Rhetoric and a Failed Record?
http://youtu.be/UDDRiGIUYQo

---

Obama wasn’t so transparent when he first emerged as a prominent political figure with his speech at the 2004 Democratic national convention. In the 2008 campaign, he sought to transcend politics with his talk of hope and change and reforming the way Washington does business. Now he’s obsessed with politics­the politics of reelection­and not much else. Obama once fancied himself a uniter. For reelection purposes, he’s become a divider.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-t...

Remember how Obama promised us "transparency" http://youtu.be/72g7qmeP1dE of his Presidency, what ever happened to this transparency?

2011 in Review: The Year Secrecy Jumped the Shark
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/2011-re...

White House refuses to turn over ALL SOLYNDRA documents
http://patriotupdate.com/13366/white-house-re...

For nearly five months, Chairman Smith has sought information regarding what role former Solicitor General Kagan may have played in the reviewing and advising the Obama administration on the constitutionality of Obamacare. The Justice Department has not asserted any legal privilege over these documents, but has simply refused to provide Congress with the information on the grounds that it would be “unseemly” to reply with the request.
http://judiciary.house.gov/news/11222011.html

White House won’t say if attorney general should resign for ‘lack of oversight,’ as Obama advocated in 2007
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/29/white-house...

State Department refuses to release documents about jihadist on CIA's kill or capture list, citing his right to privacy
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/08/state-depar...

House investigators made a formal request that White House officials stop refusing to give Congress the internal memoranda written during the Obamacare negotiations, and expressed anger that the press received access to these memos ahead of Congress.
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/bl...

Secret U.S. Memo Made Legal Case to Kill a Citizen
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/world/middl...

One of the most disappointing attributes of the Obama administration has been its proclivity for secrecy. The president who committed himself to "an unprecedented level of openness in government" has followed the example of his predecessor by invoking the "state secrets" privilege to derail litigation about government misdeeds in the war on terror. He has refused to release the administration's secret interpretation of the Patriot Act, which two senators have described as alarming. He has blocked the dissemination of photographs documenting the abuse of prisoners by U.S. service members. And now his Justice Department has proposed to allow government agencies to lie about the existence of documents being sought under the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct/31/opini...

--

HOW CAN ANYONE SAY HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB?

Even "Progressives Criticize Obama"
http://skreened.com/obamacriticism/liberals-a...

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#3981 Jan 26, 2012
Raph wrote:
To this pretentious douche Templar, you don't know anything about France except stupid crap like "muslims are taking over majority" (HAHAHAHA) you saw on your stupid tv news. Quit judging countries and people you just don't know. And this dumbass who wrote in his "essay" that french build walls with glass on top around their houses.. I LOL'd, I live there and I've never seen this ONCE in my life.. what a bunch of crap.
Not sure where the "glass" reference came from, idiot, but as for Muslim demographics in France:
http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/france...
How's that Shariah Law working out for you? You subjugated yet? Or already a convert?
Liberalism IS AFU

Lenexa, KS

#3982 Jan 26, 2012
And today - Obama says the republicans have to "compromise" on the tax bill....
Why doesn't he and the democrats in the senate "compromise"....?
Why is it that they get what they want and the republicans have to compromise?
Compromise isn't in his DNA. Also, class isn't one of his attributes. Obama dismissed the Gov. of Arizona Jan Brewer. He addressed areas of her book he did not like regarding him, and found it necessary to make an issue of it with her on camera.
Jan was shocked he would jump her about the book, and her conversation was on requesting that he go to the border and talk to the border patrol on the clear issue of enforcement. Obama instead criticized her and then he walked away from her while she was still speaking to him. What a low-life of a President we have.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#3983 Jan 26, 2012
Radical Islam.... here in America ALREADY:

&fe ature=relmfu
democrat Blogojevich

Philadelphia, PA

#3984 Jan 26, 2012
maxine waters can sark diiick in hell
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Reality

#3986 Jan 26, 2012
democrat Blogojevich wrote:
maxine waters can sark diiick in hell
And so can you

Obama in 2012 :)
rider

Gwinn, MI

#3987 Jan 27, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And so can you
Mrs. Clinton said the president remained focused on what was important for the American people, and she praised his efforts to further improve education, Social Security and child care.
The people are really pleased by what the president has done in the last five years and want him to continue his agenda, she said. Mrs. Clinton again said that she and her husband had talked about all the rumors, allegations and innuendoes involving her husband.One day after Mrs. Clinton blamed the sex allegations against her husband on a vast rightwing conspiracy to undo the results of two elections, the first lady cited a saying often quoted by her husband.
One of my husbands favorite old Southern sayings... is that if you find a turtle on a fence post, it didnt get there by accident, Mrs. Clinton said.
And I just look at the landscape around here and I see lots of big old turtles sitting on lots of fenceposts. I think we need to find out how those old turtles got on those fenceposts, she added.
---------- How true! How did all those turtles get on those fence posts? My answer is by the Corporate Military Industrial Complex, Religious power and the media.(the vast right=wing conspiracey.) They even had Obama installed to take all eyes off of the turmoil the neo=cons created ever since the end of WWII with the intention of making a blackman in the whitehouse look like a total failure and looks like thier game plan is going to fail. Only question remaining will Obama and alot of the Democrats go for the jugular and expose the abuse of powers both IKE and JFK both talked of in thier most famous speeches?
democrat Blogojevich

Philadelphia, PA

#3988 Jan 27, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And so can you
maxine waters and nia = TWIN UPPITY GHETTO CHIMP TRAMPS
rider

Gwinn, MI

#3989 Jan 27, 2012
democrat Blogojevich wrote:
<quoted text>
maxine waters and nia = TWIN UPPITY GHETTO CHIMP TRAMPS
Joe Scarborough Guilty of Murdering His ...- TruthAlliance.net > Home
Mar 13, 2008 ... Lori Klausutis, an aide of Joe Scarborough, was found dead in Scarborough's own office with a smashed skull (multiple fractures, front and ...

http://truthalliance.net/Archive/News/tabid/6... - 74k -
Raph

Roissy-en-brie, France

#3990 Feb 3, 2012
LOL. you're a fool.
from official CSA rates 2007, religions in france :
Catholics : 51%
Atheists : 31%
Muslims : 4%
Protestants : 3%
Jews : 1%
Others : 10%
So yeah, you're a total idiot. you speak like you know stuff, but you keep on quoting super stupid sites written by racists or assh*les (or both).
So shut the f*ck up and keep your ..sigh.. "knowledge" to yourself. The truth is you're f*cking scared of islam, like a b*tch. Oh I don't like it, but at least i'm not blinded by bullshit from tv or your stupid websites. There's no Shariah in France and there will never be. muslims are a minority and radical islamists even a tinier minority (like a handful of people). fact is those dumbasses make a lot of noise, so we like to put them on the news (to make spicy news), but they have no power at all, they are poor attention wh*res. Most of french muslims are workers and are just about living a good and simple life like everybody else, they don't go in the streets, they don't show themselves, they don't give a f*ck about islamism, they are normal people.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#3991 Feb 4, 2012
Raph wrote:
LOL. you're a fool.
from official CSA rates 2007, religions in france :
Catholics : 51%
Atheists : 31%
Muslims : 4%
Protestants : 3%
Jews : 1%
Others : 10%
So yeah, you're a total idiot. you speak like you know stuff, but you keep on quoting super stupid sites written by racists or assh*les (or both).
So shut the f*ck up and keep your ..sigh.. "knowledge" to yourself. The truth is you're f*cking scared of islam, like a b*tch. Oh I don't like it, but at least i'm not blinded by bullshit from tv or your stupid websites. There's no Shariah in France and there will never be. muslims are a minority and radical islamists even a tinier minority (like a handful of people). fact is those dumbasses make a lot of noise, so we like to put them on the news (to make spicy news), but they have no power at all, they are poor attention wh*res. Most of french muslims are workers and are just about living a good and simple life like everybody else, they don't go in the streets, they don't show themselves, they don't give a f*ck about islamism, they are normal people.
With over FOUR FIFTHS of the French population being either Catholic or atheist, I can't imagine how sharia law can come to France. While in France I seemed to notice that the MAJORITY of the Muslims there are relatively moderate and liberal, some to the point of being perhaps only nominally Islamic.
A Christian Taliban in America is more likely than Sharia law in France. And I doubt that we will have a Christian Taliban here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marco Rubio: Big immigration reforms impossible... 2 min Quirky 33
News Slaying of S.C. man was act of a racist officer... 2 min Valerie 92
News Is Hillary Becoming A Joke? 4 min Responsibility 25
News Paleologos on the poll: Gay marriage 5 min doty 21
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,217,471
News Raw: Hillary Clinton: Economy has stalled out 9 min Jeff Brightone 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min IND 178,293
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman 11 min superwilly 589
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min positronium 323,549
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Chimney1 160,047
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 26 min Harry Paratestes 880
More from around the web