People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1828 Feb 1, 2013
740democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nog true !!!! They have Security guards but they are not armed!!
hahaahahah the secret service is not armed....hahahahahah you need remedial training for the landfill.

Location hidden

#1829 Feb 1, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"So [dumb strawman I never posted], in what country were you raised?"
Here in the USA, thank you, where my family's lived for over 300 years. None of us have "rolled over and feared our government," British or American, nor have we ever stood silent while other people lie about us or what we believe.
Clear?
Why lie, you stand around while Obama, Holder, Reid, Pelosi and Clinton lie dailey. Such a waste. I bet your ancestors are rolling in their graves.........or urns.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#1830 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahaha...DOW 14,000...just not your week Le Au fraud.

AUtisticcry-a-thon: Day 87

Location hidden

#1831 Feb 1, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it took Obama 4+ years to finally do another fake number. The dow healps few, the jobs help many.

8,500,000 Americans Left Labor Force In Obama's First Term...

POOF: Another 170,000 disappeared in January...

Massive revisions to earlier numbers...

Gas prices to top $4 again...

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#1832 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Why lie, you stand around while Obama, Holder, Reid, Pelosi and Clinton lie dailey. Such a waste. I bet your ancestors are rolling in their graves.........or urns.
"Why lie" is the question almost every sane poster on this board would love to ask you, au Jimbo.

Of course they'd get no answer, just sludge from Drudge or a closeted come-on like 'Pookie.' What a drop case you are, boy...:)

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#1833 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, it took Obama 4+ years to finally do another fake number. The dow healps few, the jobs help many.
Au Jimbo's way of showing his patriotism...cheer against America and the recovery. Maybe that'll change the 2012 Presidential results, somehow, if we spiral into a recession....LOL

Location hidden

#1834 Feb 1, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why lie" is the question almost every sane poster on this board would love to ask you, au Jimbo.
Of course they'd get no answer, just sludge from Drudge or a closeted come-on like 'Pookie.' What a drop case you are, boy...:)
Dow Jones closes above 14,000 for the first time since Oct. 12, 2007. Developing ...ADJUSTMENT WITH FILM AT ELEVEN

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1835 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, it took Obama 4+ years to finally do another fake number.
I sold some stock this morning, Dumbo.

I got exactly what the numbers said they were.

But then... I use real numbers and you use... yours...
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#1836 Feb 1, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Take all of the stock averages at their height before their collapse in the spring of 2000. then add the inflation up to now. Add the true inflation up to now. Not the fraud inflation they spew. Of course try to figure out why we are getting neat zero interest on our savings at the bank the last four years or so while you do it. Then add the printed fiat currency totaling in the trillions passed by our government leaders to pay off a whole bunch of people. then add the untold trillions printed by the FED not authorized by the government to keep this going. There is probably more. But this is what I came up with quickly. Knowing the inanity of the sytem we live in today, it is possible the extra taxes stolen from the proletariat that started Jan. 1 could have been part of this as we are not used as collateral to keep the charade going. Real inflation used to be the difference the FED printed after growth from one year to another. For many years it was six or seven per cent even with an official government spouted inflation rate of two per cent. We don't here much of that anymore.

Location hidden

#1837 Feb 1, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Take all of the stock averages at their height before their collapse in the spring of 2000. then add the inflation up to now. Add the true inflation up to now.
Dumbphuq: a dow at 14,000 is a Dow at 14,000

A stock sold at 35Ĺ is 35 Ĺ, not considering the phases of the moon or the water temperature of the Haliburton's CEO's toilet.

It's 35Ĺ.

If you bout it at 25Ĺ, you made $10. If you bought it at 45Ĺ, you lost $10.

You don't own stock, eh?
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#1838 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbphuq: a dow at 14,000 is a Dow at 14,000
A stock sold at 35Ĺ is 35 Ĺ, not considering the phases of the moon or the water temperature of the Haliburton's CEO's toilet.
It's 35Ĺ.
If you bout it at 25Ĺ, you made $10. If you bought it at 45Ĺ, you lost $10.
You don't own stock, eh?
What the hell are you talking about, Saul?

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1839 Feb 1, 2013
740democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nog true !!!! They have Security guards but they are not armed!!
LOL an unarmed security guard at the white house. What does he do? Talk harshly :)

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1840 Feb 1, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, it took Obama 4+ years to finally do another fake number. The dow healps few, the jobs help many.
People don't know the difference between the Dow and the economy. We had negative growth last quarter. One more negative growth and we will be in the Obama recession

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1841 Feb 1, 2013
I often wonder Progressive towards what? They seem to want a benign police state where the rulers will always agree with them and their aims. Where they never have to consider unforseen consequences. And goodness and fairness and equality will reign forevermore, A star trek kind of life Ain't gonna happen!
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Regards, Terri
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "we" you mean mankind, you are correct. Ghengis Khan was reported to have raped as many as 60,000 women, many in front of their families before he killed them. We have all heard of Vlad the impaler. The Persians, Ottomans, Romans, Napoleon, Hitler all at some point committed atrocities.
The one thing that will now make a woman equal to a large attacker is a firearm.
What has made America sick is the "progressive" movement. They steal under the guise of "compassion. They selectively enforce laws to enrich themselves and their cronies. They use every opportunity to divide us.
Live With It

Kewanee, IL

#1842 Feb 1, 2013
Talk all you want about gun control, take a long hard look at Chicago IL. President Obamaís home city. The city has had 42 slayings in January alone and the year has just started. And letís not forget the 15 year old girl Hadiya Pendelton. And Chicago has the Nationís most restrictive laws regarding gun control. Or letís not overlook Fast and Furious along the border and what happen in Milwaukee in the past week with the ATF. Then there is the Police Chief of Milwaukee said donít rely on the police or 911 because they are overwhelmed. Is there another version going on in Chicago right now.

But when all said and done I hope the president gets the job done and takes away all the legal guns in the US. Most of you donít deserve them I mean after all he did say in his first term he wanted to restrict weapons to the general public. The only bad thing about that would be the people who did not vote for him will be punished.(If you did not vote at all you are still to blame)

So Enjoy your loss of freedoms you donít deserve them.
Live With It

Kewanee, IL

#1843 Feb 1, 2013
Talk all you want about gun control, take a long hard look at Chicago IL. President Obamaís home city. The city has had 42 slayings in January alone and the year has just started. And letís not forget the 15 year old girl Hadiya Pendelton. And Chicago has the Nationís most restrictive laws regarding gun control. Or letís not overlook Fast and Furious along the border and what happen in Milwaukee in the past week with the ATF. Then there is the Police Chief of Milwaukee said donít rely on the police or 911 because they are overwhelmed. Is there another version going on in Chicago right now.

But when all said and done I hope the president gets the job done and takes away all the legal guns in the US. Most of you donít deserve them I mean after all he did say in his first term he wanted to restrict weapons to the general public. The only bad thing about that would be the people who did not vote for him will be punished.(If you did not vote at all you are still to blame)

LRS

Shreveport, LA

#1844 Feb 1, 2013
Live With It wrote:
Guns are here to stay whether you like it or not. Live with it!

Location hidden

#1845 Feb 1, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
People don't know the difference between the Dow and the economy.
It's hard to cry when you are making more money - real money - than in the negative numbers tea baggers make up.

The stock market: reflects the real economy and profits from the real economy hang on the wall and will be the home of the Superbowl this weekend.

That 111 percent improve kinda makes you look like a dope.

PS: http://static4.businessinsider.com/image
/50b7d86beab8eab303000011-612- 459/image.jpg

Location hidden

#1846 Feb 1, 2013
Live With It wrote:
Talk all you want about gun control, take a long hard look at Chicago IL. President Obamaís home city.
It must be Obama's fault!

PS: Maybe your guns will help?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#1847 Feb 1, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are here to stay whether you like it or not. Live with it!
Americans deserve more than what the NRA has wrought: Sandy Hook and mass killings every two weeks.

Changes are coming whether *you* like it or not.

Real background checks- weapons and ammo.
Control on assault weapons.
No more massacre magazines
An ATM with real teeth..
Jail time for abusers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,154,030
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min woodtick57 293,359
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Aura Mytha 132,559
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 9 min dollarsbill 92
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 9 min barefoot2626 664
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 11 min serfs up 101
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 11 min Retired SOF 332
More from around the web