People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Comments
1,541 - 1,560 of 4,995 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2013

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not, dear friend, because 20 "little ones" were massacred in their classrooms and are applicable in this case.
Btw, they were effective in the message which must be why you guys are so ticked off by it. LOLL
Hillary: Benghazi my greatest regret...ours too. You got away with murder…………again.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Im aso a bit of a maverick and would choose a poo fight over a hill billy shoot out any day. More organic!
Now you're trying to deflect and distract, using emotional prods like ad-hominems.

If those are the kinds of tactics one finds themselves employing to defend one's actions and/or statements, maybe one would be wise to re-examine the basis of one's opinions and ideology?

Just sayin'

Maybe you're just a different sort of person, but I'd much rather have a solid, logical, and historically & factually consistent basis for my opinions and ideology.

It makes one's positions and opinions so much easier to explain & defend, and doesn't require the demonization of anyone or any class of people, nor does it require engaging in intellectually-dishonest debate tactics in order to avoid dealing with weaknesses in your personal beliefs, ideology, and arguments.

Trying to maintain a fictional reality in the face of the real world is way too much work for me, but apparently for some it's become a way of life they will staunchly defend. Besides, I don't have room in my life to harbor all that negativity, vitriol, and hatred for anybody that disagrees with me, as so many on the Left seem to fall victim to.

Such people make me more sad for them than angry at them. It's just not healthy either physically or emotionally to harbor that much negativity and hatred. And, when was the last time you heard of a society whose political ideology was hate-based turning out well?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Just seen that Piers Morgan said that he would leave the U.S. if the second amendment wasn't repealed.

My question is, why wait? Leave now and do us all a favor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
Just seen that Piers Morgan said that he would leave the U.S. if the second amendment wasn't repealed.
My question is, why wait? Leave now and do us all a favor.
Young Girl That Was At Inauguration gunned down in Chicago…….where is the press, where are the 24/7 media interruptions, where are the experts.....oh my, where is Obama with a speech, where are the anti gun crowd, where’s Piers Morgan.........oh that's right, it wasn't a Bushmaster, it was Obama voters that did it.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Canon wrote:
WeTheSheeple represent the ignorant that is the downfall of this country.
You certainly qualify. Both as 'sheeple' and as 'ignorant.' ;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any "real" Sandy Hook parents or just actors?
Are there any "real" Republicans, or just vicious slimy scumbags like you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Young Girl That Was At Inauguration gunned down in Chicago…….where is the press, where are the 24/7 media interruptions, where are the experts.....oh my, where is Obama with a speech, where are the anti gun crowd, where’s Piers Morgan.........oh that's right, it wasn't a Bushmaster, it was Obama voters that did it.
Actually, her tragic story was front-page. Where is the far right media? Oh, of course - trying to exploit her death.

Scum.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, except for the mainstream national news. It was reported by local stations.
I'm shocked the MSM didn't report anything at all on this.
Well, no I'm not shocked. At all. I'd have been more shocked if they HAD reported this and did investigate and report like news services are supposed to do. We have State-run propaganda channels, not journalism.
Except for the fact that you're lying:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/30/chicago-honor-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, her tragic story was front-page. Where is the far right media? Oh, of course - trying to exploit her death.
Scum.
The Choice is not a choice, but a commitment to America.

These Men Supported Your Right to Bear Arms
Washington
Jefferson
Madison
Hamilton
Franklin

These Men Opposed It.
Hitler
Castro
Stalin
Lenin
Obama
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Scum.
No, Professor Fartsack, the real scum on here are leftist/communist asses like you. But this is NOT a leftist/communist country so you will fail, as you have all your life. What a pathetic POS you are.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

I don't need a gun, the dawgs sleeping under the porch of the doublewide let us know if anybody is snooping around.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>The Choice is not a choice, but a commitment to America.
These Men Supported Your Right to Bear Arms
Washington
Jefferson
Madison
Hamilton
Franklin
These Men Opposed It.
Hitler
Castro
Stalin
Lenin
Obama
This "man" lies, spams, trolls, and cuts-and-pastes.

au contraire/le Jimbo

;)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Professor, I'm a Fartsack and represent the real scum on here. No one appreciates pre-teen boy asses like me. But this is NOT a pedophile country so I will fail, as I have all my life. What a pathetic POS I am.
Agreed.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Professor Fartsack, the real scum on here are leftist/communist asses like you. But this is NOT a leftist/communist country so you will fail, as you have all your life. What a pathetic POS you are.
Thats right. They will now win most of the battles. As they have been but crying while they do. Frankly there is good in movement, but insanity always takes over to ruin them. Anyway, they will lose the war. Its based on a false currency and not foundation of what got people from the beginning of history back then, up to now. You have elitist people promoting divisiveness and calling it equality and then forcing people to deal with the consequences. If they stray from what they enact as laws enforced with teeth, personal destruction occurs. The end result is the destruction of families. Half the children in single parent situations. Respect for anything now at the gutter level. And so much more. This is smoothed over as only people who have done no wrong and continue to try to live by ways of the past, are scrutinized and blamed for the mass failures of progressive politics. For it is really regressive with the promotion of groups over the promotion of who is the best. The answer is to make sure the best of any group is not denied. But then make sure the intellectual drop offs are not put ahead of the best of any other group. And of course, treat each other nice unless the person is terrible. No matter how much it hurts.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
This "man" lies, spams, trolls, and cuts-and-pastes.
au contraire/le Jimbo
;)
Oh give it up Professor Fartsack, you lying, hypocritical turd. No one, and I mean NO ONE is buying your BS anymore. People do not listen to people with failed, amoral lives.
1 post removed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give it up, Professor, I'm just a Fartsack, a lying, stalking, hypocritical turd. No one, and I mean NO ONE is buying my BS anymore. People do not listen to people like me who lead such failed, amoral lives.
Which is sad indeed.

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary: Benghazi my greatest regret...ours too. You got away with murder…………again.
Then she has the gall to say what does it matter. Should should have said what does it matter we lied to the American people for two weeks because it was before the election. Romney should have took it to them in the 3rd debate

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Then she has the gall to say what does it matter. Should should have said what does it matter we lied to the American people for two weeks because it was before the election. Romney should have took it to them in the 3rd debate
Out of context, of course. She merely indicated, pointing out the tragedy of 4 dead Americans,'what does it matter' if they were killed by an organized terrorist conspiracy, a mob committing what Mr. Obama called "an act of terror," or criminals in the street? They're dead in any case.

Romney didn't even want to be your candidate, and really, who can blame him?:)
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The term "Assault Weapon" (with a Little transformation in it's appearance) was conjured up by factions in the Liberal media to give impetus to their argument for banning guns. Furthermore, heavy mascara around the eyes, doesn't make one a hooker either. The military uses nomenclatures such as, M-16's, M-60's and M1A2 Carbines, etc., which are true assault weapons by definition.

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of context, of course. She merely indicated, pointing out the tragedy of 4 dead Americans,'what does it matter' if they were killed by an organized terrorist conspiracy, a mob committing what Mr. Obama called "an act of terror," or criminals in the street? They're dead in any case.
Romney didn't even want to be your candidate, and really, who can blame him?:)
Why did Obama tell the lie for weeks and then have the ambassador who knew nothing about the events be the front man to tell the lie on all the Sunday talk shows. Obama had said Al Quida was destroyed. I mean the attack was on 9/11

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••