People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Rebel Against Tyranny

Fruitport, MI

#689 Jan 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess YOU didn't read the whole thing...idiot.
He's a typical Leftist/Marxist Progressive. Only hears and sees what he wants to. It's the only way they can function, as they can't logically defend Progressive ideology and it's predictable results wherever and whenever their ideology has set policy, regulation, and law.

They're like the once-Jedi-Knights like Darth Vader in the Star Wars universe that have allowed the hate and fear to fill them, and gone over to the "Dark Side" of the "Force". It blinds them and destroys their ability to think critically. It all comes spilling forth from a core of fear, hatred, greed, envy, and lust for power to control how others live.

They cannot be reasoned with, they are never intellectually-honest in their arguments, and will never acknowledge any fault with their ideology, even when the disastrous evidence, like the conditions in Detroit after ~40 years of iron-fisted Progressive Democrat control. There are packs of wild dogs and bears wandering the streets in large portions of Detroit. I know. I live an hour and a half away, and was there 3 months ago. I've watched it happen.

They are always going on about "well, if you want less government/taxes, go to Somalia!". We only need to go to Detroit to experience Somalia-like conditions, including large portions of the city where police will not respond.

You want to see just what the US will look like in 10-20 years, maybe sooner, if the Progressives get their way? Just visit Detroit. Better bring your own means of protection, however, as police won't respond in many areas to protect you. Maybe if you called the DNR, as they probably have experience dealing with bears and pack-hunting animals. Too bad if it's a two-legged predator though. Unless you had an "EEE-BILLL" semi-automatic rifle.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#690 Jan 22, 2013
School shootings are deliberately instigated by antigun police to help them justify gun bans.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#691 Jan 22, 2013
Antigun sheriffs (this sheriff deliberately instigated a shooting rampage):

http://www.kvoa.com/news/sheriff-dupnik-speak...
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#692 Jan 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!
And every time the cops pull over a drunk gun gnutter- and let's be frank, most gun gnutters a drunks- when the find an unregistered gun in the car, they can haul the gnutter off to jail and throw the weapon into the smelter and run over to the gnutter's house and take everything down to the box of rubber bands and paper clips.
99% of the people are responsible. A higher rate that are conservatives even more. But for someone who accuses others of being NAZI's, you make a pretty damn good NAZI yourself.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Fruitport, MI

#693 Jan 22, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> 99% of the people are responsible. A higher rate that are conservatives even more. But for someone who accuses others of being NAZI's, you make a pretty damn good NAZI yourself.
See my post #689, above.

That's what you're dealing with.

It's like trying to argue with a stuck record.

The only thing one can do is defeat those such as he that do not believe in the principles and ideas on which the US was founded. They have gone over to the "Dark Side" and cannot/will not hear reason. They know only hatred, fear, greed, envy, and lust for power to control others. They see/hear/think only that which reinforces their spiritual wasteland.

"This is your brain on Progressivism."
Tray

Etta, MS

#694 Jan 22, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
criminal
Yes you are for trying to violate my rights. Notice the failure of you to do so.
Tray

Etta, MS

#695 Jan 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Prove I'm wrong.
Tray

Etta, MS

#696 Jan 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie: second grade math is beyond you.
It's not that hard.
**YOU** make an assertion,**YOU** prove it.
You haven't won a debate since you have been on here and today is no different.
Tray

Etta, MS

#697 Jan 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.
I asserted that it was required to register machine guns in the US.
It seems to me if I can prove this, you should agree to stop posting.
I would meet the proof need and if you could prove that I am wrong, I would stop posting here.
Okay, Sweetie?
{Between me and you, we both know you don't have the balls and even if you met the challenge, you renege.}
It is a law to register just like the law against drugs. Both fail. We will miss you, NOT.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#698 Jan 22, 2013
Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #689, above.
That's what you're dealing with.
It's like trying to argue with a stuck record.
The only thing one can do is defeat those such as he that do not believe in the principles and ideas on which the US was founded. They have gone over to the "Dark Side" and cannot/will not hear reason. They know only hatred, fear, greed, envy, and lust for power to control others. They see/hear/think only that which reinforces their spiritual wasteland.
"This is your brain on Progressivism."
There is nothing that can be done. No amount of warnings of the past history of humanity can deter their view of the movement that is of belief of utopia. The sad thing is that when these agendas started, they were needed for "equality" for our flaws. Now they control everything and blame the demise of America on the people who who nothing against them and have lost much of their wealth to prove their insane issues. Anyway, the massive amount of men and women who are quiet are purchasing their weapons in a purely defensive manner and getting ready for these screwballs when the inevitable collapse or massive decline appears.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#699 Jan 22, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Christie killed his chances when he embraced Obama,kissed him. Christie is still the darling of the left but he still faces problems... The extent I still ain't sure about.
the fact that Christie was civil with Obama does not turn him into a liberal. The governor is still a conservative. the question is who could possibly unite the country.
By definition it is either a GOP who doesn't offend dems or vice verse.
if Christie is dead with the GOP then the reason the country is split is the GOP behaving like 15 year olds. refusing to play nice even when it is in nations best interest
I can hear the tea baggers now
"You were civil to HIM so now you got 'cooties''
Brown Girl in the Ring

London, UK

#700 Jan 22, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard_ wrote:
Let me make this perfectly clear, at one time I was on the fence post regarding abortion, now I'm pro abortion. Why? Because leftist feminist women using their own will and resources to kill off future leftist children, will mean less crime and less entitlement people running around.
YOU WROTE
It makes me laugh that an in-bred hill billy yokel like yourself will adopt an air of superiority to infer that a woman of colour is the recipient of welfare enititlement
You are saying only leftist feminist women of color are the recipient of welfare entitlements which is BullShet. You are trying to play the RACE CARD AGAIN AND IT IS NOT WORKING.
You are the one that needs to seek medical help and fast.
Posts 665 and 683 reaffirms my statement. Now go and make your appointment to get some stem cells you senile fool.
Tray

Etta, MS

#701 Jan 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact that Christie was civil with Obama does not turn him into a liberal. The governor is still a conservative. the question is who could possibly unite the country.
By definition it is either a GOP who doesn't offend dems or vice verse.
if Christie is dead with the GOP then the reason the country is split is the GOP behaving like 15 year olds. refusing to play nice even when it is in nations best interest
I can hear the tea baggers now
"You were civil to HIM so now you got 'cooties''
So the GOP doing their job and representing those that elected them is not playing fair? Do I need to remind you of democrats during Bush? The difference is the GOP is standing up for the constitution and democrats want to burn it. Of course Bush never bowed before a foreign ruler. Raising debt, raising inflation, raising the unemployed, violating his oath to defend the Constitution is in the countries best interest? WOW you are an idiot. I bet used car dealers love you.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#702 Jan 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's hoping you're found out, arrested, and do time in prison, then. And that they confiscate ALL of your guns and melt 'em down.
You're part of the problem.
Why do you hate the constitution. You do know it lets you have the only rights you are ever going to have..........since you are trying to piss them away.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#703 Jan 22, 2013
As republicans created, passed and signed the "Patriot Act, the most intrusive, illegal and infringement program ever to violate the constitution.

Teabaggers never cared for the constitution.

They are the ones destroying it.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#704 Jan 22, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
As republicans created, passed and signed the "Patriot Act, the most intrusive, illegal and infringement program ever to violate the constitution.
Teabaggers never cared for the constitution.
They are the ones destroying it.
How so? And be specific.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#705 Jan 22, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> So the GOP doing their job and representing those that elected them is not playing fair? Do I need to remind you of democrats during Bush?...... WOW you are an idiot........
That last bit of your reply made my point perfectly .
Any mention of working together brings out this type of a response

ill tell you what lets have a test we will see who is level headed and willing to be constructive.
Old lefty here . or any other of our hard core gop'ers

if you say one honestly positive thing about Obama I will say 2 positive things about W.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#706 Jan 22, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I will NEVER register any weapon I own. Don't like it? Go f**k yourself.
So you're no different than any other criminal who thinks the laws don't apply to them.

Got it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#707 Jan 22, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> If someone feels they can limit my rights then can't I limit theirs?
If you've ever voted then you ARE limiting the rights of others.

Tawas City, Michigan

#708 Jan 22, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I can. Watch. You are a fool. See. I hate to inform you but more people own machine guns unregistered than registered.
Really? You can say whatever you want without consequence?

Go on TV and say you're going to kill the President and see if there are no consequences.

Just another criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Aura Mytha 6,656
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,547,803
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Bullwinkle 274,224
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Subduction Zone 221,475
News Wheelchair users dragged away from McConnell's ... 19 min Cordwainer Trout 20
News Hillary just as unpopular as she was after elec... 23 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 5
News Democrats hope to send Trump, Republicans a mes... 33 min Lawrence Wolf 146
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 42 min Toxic Repub Toxins 484
News GOP victory lap after Georgia election win will... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 58
More from around the web