U.S. Economy Added 227,000 Jobs In Fe...

U.S. Economy Added 227,000 Jobs In February

There are 387 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 9, 2012, titled U.S. Economy Added 227,000 Jobs In February. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

People wait in line to enter a job fair in San Francisco. A sustained rise in the number of people looking for jobs would be a good sign, even if it pushed up the unemployment rate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

holtzhog

Olive Branch, MS

#210 Mar 10, 2012
The people putting out this info are the same ones needing it. Don't believe this lying admin. Everyday a company announces layoffs.....something is not right
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#211 Mar 10, 2012
holtzhog wrote:
The people putting out this info are the same ones needing it. Don't believe this lying admin. Everyday a company announces layoffs.....something is not right
You lying republicans are fooling no one.
Barbara

Van Buren, ME

#212 Mar 10, 2012
NoMoBama2012 wrote:
Republicans promised jobs when they took the house last November...now jobs are slightly on the rise. Wait till obamas out of a job this November and watch things improve. Hey, how bout those billions in missed costs just discovered....again...in obamacare. What a clusterfuk.
Obama=DoneInOne
Yes, the Republicans promised jobs ... and then did everything they could to obstruct any growth. Party first; nation second. They will pay the price this fall for the way they chose to ignore the average American and their attacks on women.
Barbara

Van Buren, ME

#213 Mar 10, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you should never ever vote for a republican. The republican policies do that to the middle class. Republican have redistributed wealth from the hard working middle class to the rich elite special interest with there policies. That is why the middle class have declined over the years due to republican voodoo economics. Vote for a winner in November Obama2012.
I'm sure that poster already knew that. I would almost bet the ranch her purpose is to create discontent amongst those that are currently underemployed. Quite the tactics. First demonize the unemployed & then create feeling of hostility in them when they need to accept jobs that don't fully utilize their talents. Can you say divide & conquor?
Barbara

Van Buren, ME

#214 Mar 10, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I will give you one example. Americans with Disabilities Act laws. Every pavement has to end contoured into a street. In Philly over twenty years ago they spent over 80 million dollars breaking up and setting new concrete slabs contoured to the street. It took 3 years. the taxpayers were on the tab. It was estimated at the time there were actually about a half dozen people in wheel chairs that this affected. The city population was about 1.5 million or so. I am willing to bet that there are people who can drum up stats like this one in every way of living and really get into the amount of money we have spent.
You're telling me that in a city of 1.5 million (your figure), only 6 were in wheelchairs??? What's in their water? BTW, Serf, I'm going to venture a guess that if you or a loved one needed it, the ADA wouldn't seem quite so wasteful to you.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#215 Mar 10, 2012
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that poster already knew that. I would almost bet the ranch her purpose is to create discontent amongst those that are currently underemployed. Quite the tactics. First demonize the unemployed & then create feeling of hostility in them when they need to accept jobs that don't fully utilize their talents. Can you say divide & conquor?
Yes I know and you are right. Right now that is how employers are getting cheap labor. Republicans are busting unions to get cheap labor for their corporate special interest buddies. Everything is getting more expensive overseas to manufacture with higher wages and shipping costs now many corporations are considering bringing manufacturing back to the US if the republicans can bust the unions and get a cheap labor force for them.
Barbara

Van Buren, ME

#216 Mar 10, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know and you are right. Right now that is how employers are getting cheap labor. Republicans are busting unions to get cheap labor for their corporate special interest buddies. Everything is getting more expensive overseas to manufacture with higher wages and shipping costs now many corporations are considering bringing manufacturing back to the US if the republicans can bust the unions and get a cheap labor force for them.
Republicans just LOVE cheap labor. This has been in the works for a long time. It's no coincidence that all these anti-labor laws are being enacted all over the country. First destroy private sector benefits (raid pension funds, lay off workers, outsource jobs)... stir in a little deregulation & ferment overall discontent ... and finally attack the public sector that was better protected by contracts. And it all started with the sainted Reagan.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#217 Mar 10, 2012
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans just LOVE cheap labor. This has been in the works for a long time. It's no coincidence that all these anti-labor laws are being enacted all over the country. First destroy private sector benefits (raid pension funds, lay off workers, outsource jobs)... stir in a little deregulation & ferment overall discontent ... and finally attack the public sector that was better protected by contracts. And it all started with the sainted Reagan.
It has been in full speed for the past year.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#218 Mar 10, 2012
Dingo wrote:
It has everything to do with the Surplus, GW Bush was handed a surplus and what did GW Bush handed Obama?
Stay on topic OK.
the spending by Obama was spent in AMERICA unlike the Trillion Dollars spent in IRAQ.
<quoted text>
==========

Debts are debts, wherever they come from- war costs, or/and domestic outlay (spending).
Obama had imposed on making war costs too, which had happened in the Libya situation without asking the people’s consent to do so, in the spending and involvement-so he worked like another Bush this way. What makes people think he is so different from Bush in foreign policy, like Iran (Bush did not say and plan military attack-while Obama has already prepared for war to Iran, just being short of money as he had spent too much and that is why he overacted more than Bush, in Afghnistan too.) People are wrong, as they think he is not another Bush , but is more than that, for it is just Obama not having so much money toplay around and he would like to North Korea, that at the same time with four (4) wars going on ( Iran,Syria, Afgh, N.Korea) if there are ample money. He is the worse war monger than Bush as a same way then.

When Obama spent so much money domestically for whatever reasons, there should be results showing solid return of benefits, like job numbers and employment wages adequacy. It is not that way . Instead, it shows the way of fooling around with a lot of money uprising unsatisfactory huge debts. He encourages people to take welfare, which also amounts the biggest welfare collection welfare on the planet, with 43 % population doing so, and forms illegals getting some government subsidy program benefits. Obama does not know how to spend money in domestic way usefully, and has gone too far,..He comes about in all failures, especially in foreign policy, in dealing with emerging China and the world, undreamed a lot failing standpoint in internal issues and affairs.
The huge debts made by Obama are very troublesome and PROBLEMATIC.

OBAMA IS JUST ANOTHER BUSH IN TOWN (THE CAPITAL), AND HE IS AS ANOTHER Bush- being MORE THAN BUSH.
Paul Revere

Ormond Beach, FL

#219 Mar 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means what percent are Republicans, darling?
Guess that depends upon the the present percentage of Independents, however there doesn't seem to be any up to date data available at this time. According to statistical data from several sources roughly 3 months old the rate was between 9-15%.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#220 Mar 10, 2012
Paul Revere wrote:
According to statistical data from several sources roughly 3 months old the rate was between 9-15%.
Eighty percent of tea baggers are Republican.

Since: May 10

Mckeesport, PA

#221 Mar 10, 2012
200,000,000 more and he will be at the level employment as when he took office

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#222 Mar 10, 2012
KNOW 1 CARES wrote:
200,000,000 more
Who can blame you for changing your alias when you post this kind of crap?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#223 Mar 10, 2012
America could add a lot more jobs if they would quit shipping them out of the country and especially to China. What I feel needs to be done is "BRING THE JOBS BACK TO AMERICA"! I used to work in the electronics industry in Silicone Valley in California. At the time I worked for a major computer company. I lost my job because they sent the section I was working in to China. In fact almost all of the really good electronic jobs from other companies in Silicone Valley went the same way.
alicia banks

Little Rock, AR

#224 Mar 11, 2012

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#225 Mar 11, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> And yet when the progressive dems have had chance after chance to give back to the working middle class, they do not. They even questioned it some years ago saying they do not understand why many in the middle class vote repub. ITS BECAUSE THEY DO NOTHING FOR THEM! Just make laws to take more money from them. Check state and local governments for references. And don't give me their special interests in that work group either as examples. I am talking the whole group. You going to blame repubs, then bring up progressives also. The dem party was hijacked along time ago.
I am middle-class and the Republican Govenor of NJ hasn't done a darn thing for me or others than play a shell game with taxes and take money out of my pocket! He claims to have reduced property taxes, but failed to mention that every property in the state was reassessed therefore an increase in taxes! He played another shell game with homestead rebates for Senior Citizens which is supposedly funded by the NJ Lottery. Seniors received anywhere from 300-600 dollars but he decided to give tax credits. My husband's tax credit?$125.00! on a tax bill increased 1500??? Are you kidding me??? Then he went on to sell our one and only TV station to NY! So we have to turn to a NY channel to get the NJ Lottery??? No money was saved by doing this, it was pure spite (typical of Republicans!) He went straight for the middle-class just like the rest of your Republican Govenors, targeting teachers, firemen, police, state workers, etc. He held up educational funding which cost over 100,000 jobs and deprived students of much needed text books, teachers who were laid off, etc., and then knowing full well he was wrong and the courts would over-turn him, released the money after causing financial hardships for these families, unsafe conditions for municipalities that were understaffed with police. 911 calls went to an automated system, limited staffing of police departments only came out if you were being raped, robbed, or murdered.

This is your Republican party in action and this is what we, the middle-class, can expect from them!

You LIE!

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#226 Mar 11, 2012
alicia banks wrote:
Black, lesbian, dissing President Obama and the democratic party who supports gay and lesbian rights aligning herself with bigoted, racists.

Priceless! We've always had to deal with black disgraces like you and we know how to handle you also and that's by outting you for the Aunt Jemimah's and Uncle Ruckes that you are. I'll bet any amount of money that you have a white, republican, lover. smh...
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#227 Mar 11, 2012
Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>You're telling me that in a city of 1.5 million (your figure), only 6 were in wheelchairs??? What's in their water? BTW, Serf, I'm going to venture a guess that if you or a loved one needed it, the ADA wouldn't seem quite so wasteful to you.
Only 6 were affected by it. In other words 6 people in wheel chairs used the streets in a very regular way. This was in a local paper back then. This was not written to kick people when they are down. The federal government has enacted laws in which state and local jurisdictions have to pick up the tab. It makes the federal legislators look good because who does not want to be "compassionate". This law by the way is the whole country. And I knew you were going to put the "old if you needed it spiel". Well this is a good reason we are going bankrupt in America. Social Security is supposed to have a massive surplus. In fact the interest it is accruing is subject to questions if it is included in that surplus. The high inflation we have and the low inflation or no inflation COLA type increases are not adding up. Also, by your words, there should be no issues with pure and total medical for all senior citizens no matter what the cost. Of course both parties have their legislators trying to enact laws to change the social security/medicare system. I can tell you that me and a doubling of the social security/medicare system is will be at its height in decade or a few years after. And a lot less people paying in and awhole lot more getting "paid". Now don't let anyone including yourself and family stop paying into this if young enough. It is the compassionate thing to do.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#228 Mar 11, 2012
alicia banks wrote:
Wow...the racists daily double....wrong and self-promoting....
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#229 Mar 11, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>I am middle-class and the Republican Govenor of NJ hasn't done a darn thing for me or others than play a shell game with taxes and take money out of my pocket! He claims to have reduced property taxes, but failed to mention that every property in the state was reassessed therefore an increase in taxes! He played another shell game with homestead rebates for Senior Citizens which is supposedly funded by the NJ Lottery. Seniors received anywhere from 300-600 dollars but he decided to give tax credits. My husband's tax credit?$125.00! on a tax bill increased 1500??? Are you kidding me??? Then he went on to sell our one and only TV station to NY! So we have to turn to a NY channel to get the NJ Lottery??? No money was saved by doing this, it was pure spite (typical of Republicans!) He went straight for the middle-class just like the rest of your Republican Govenors, targeting teachers, firemen, police, state workers, etc. He held up educational funding which cost over 100,000 jobs and deprived students of much needed text books, teachers who were laid off, etc., and then knowing full well he was wrong and the courts would over-turn him, released the money after causing financial hardships for these families, unsafe conditions for municipalities that were understaffed with police. 911 calls went to an automated system, limited staffing of police departments only came out if you were being raped, robbed, or murdered.
This is your Republican party in action and this is what we, the middle-class, can expect from them!
You LIE!
You are wrong. A good chunk of the working men and women are just above the poverty level to 20 thousand dollars above that. The real bills are within our own working demographics to below poverty and above the top I wrote. The government worker issue is a scam. Many are not needed and they earn to much for the system to handle. Plus there is the political correctness/diversity/quota game that has helped to drive the cost of it to the stratosphere. Government has made thousands of more laws to imprison its own citizens or fine them for any infraction imaginable to pay for it. Two and ahlf million males in jail. An estimated 7 to 10 million males are felons in the streets. Bappie over the years and decades both parties have made many laws with overlap to give each side a "victory" in what they passed. Tax issues of course are included in that. To take it apart will affect both sides and seems like it needs a skilled surgeon to do it. I read posts with you and Swampmudd talk about his Irish rearing and Grandmother. I worked with Irish guys who lived in ethnic neighborhoods. Survival was part of the drill and when it was changing there were no sayings of niceness and wisdom. They saw it as invaders who were destroying their small area where the people were mostly together in a limited economic climate. In the end because of an oppressive government they and thousand sof other neighborhoods will lose or have lost their identities. And tens of millions of people forced to move to some other marginal area for safety on what they can afford. And they vote Dem or Repub. Trash and snow removal is the best they could get. No lies, just fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Cheech the Conser... 1,536,078
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Jim-ca 2,692
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Soros King Maker 241,000
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Jay 270,489
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... 12 min a_visitor 147
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 17 min Rose_NoHo 6,121
News James Comey fired as FBI director 23 min Crystal_Clear722 2,843
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 1 hr Putins Glock Holster 428
More from around the web