A narrow border-security agreement co...

A narrow border-security agreement could pave the way for broad immigration reform

There are 43 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 30, 2013, titled A narrow border-security agreement could pave the way for broad immigration reform. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

In mid-May, as most of Congress was consumed with the troubles at the Internal Revenue Service and the Senate was conducting closely watched hearings on a sprawling, contentious immigration reform bill, something remarkable happened in the House Homeland Security Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Jul 30, 2013
we'd have border security if our fellow US 'citizens' quit hiring illegal workers...

proof positive came when our economy tanked and border crossings went to almost zero immediately. no jobs, no problem.

solve the problem, don't waste billions treating the symptoms....
2 posts removed
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#25 Jul 30, 2013
Pug wrote:
But, we do not want to offend anyone while doing it...?
IfAmerica doesn't have open borders, Mexico is offended and the Democrats. Mexico doesn't have open borders and dos not let anyone illegal in but we are supposed to.LOL
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#26 Jul 30, 2013
We AMERICANS do not want illegals from Mexico here. No pathway to Citizenship ever! You illegals wouldn't pay, learn English and act human. You only take from the taxpayers cause your'e scum.

St. Croix valley

#27 Jul 30, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>IfAmerica doesn't have open borders, Mexico is offended and the Democrats. Mexico doesn't have open borders and dos not let anyone illegal in but we are supposed to.LOL
as usual, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. you could sneak into Mexico far more easily than you could sneak into the US.

try to use logic and facts some time. you might find it a refreshing change...
Logic this

Hondo, NM

#28 Jul 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>as usual, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. you could sneak into Mexico far more easily than you could sneak into the US.
try to use logic and facts some time. you might find it a refreshing change...
Ther are more than 900 apprehensions in the el paso sector caused by resident first responders .

Seem BP does not like that tally.......

St. Croix valley

#29 Jul 30, 2013
Logic this wrote:
<quoted text>
Ther are more than 900 apprehensions in the el paso sector caused by resident first responders .
Seem BP does not like that tally.......
did you have a point with that post?
1 post removed
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Jul 31, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I find your hateful attitude toward Americas working class to be vile and unconscionable. Don't try to claim high ground with me, con man.

It takes one to know one.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#32 Jul 31, 2013
The government allows illegal mexicans to have Welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, free tuition for school.....so just saying no to hire won't stop completely. Most are here for the freebies. We need to deny them benefits.
spud

Bangor, PA

#33 Jul 31, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes one to know one.
Very informative post. What's next, pointing you finger and saying "na na na na na"?
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Jul 31, 2013
mccain yesterday stated to let the house pass its version and the senate would just strip out the additional border patrol and control out of it in committee. way to legislate you lying buffoons. bait and switch is all they know. watch for middle of the night voting on this one just like obamacare.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#35 Jul 31, 2013
See the Light wrote:
The government allows illegal mexicans to have Welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, free tuition for school.....so just saying no to hire won't stop completely. Most are here for the freebies. We need to deny them benefits.
No they don't. It always amazes me how little people know about topics they comment on. They always say the root of prejudice is ignorance. I guess there is something to that.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#36 Jul 31, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Very informative post. What's next, pointing you finger and saying "na na na na na"?
What's next coming from you? I ask myself too, that comes to show how judgmental some people can be, I am none of what you think about me but that don't really matter what matters to me most is the humanity in us all of us.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#37 Jul 31, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. It always amazes me how little people know about topics they comment on. They always say the root of prejudice is ignorance. I guess there is something to that.
Yes and your'e one person who doesn't know what the comment is about. I live in a Border City. I see all the illegals so close that pie hole. Denying them any benefits would make a great many leave.
Mayela

Union City, GA

#38 Jul 31, 2013
How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong look like right.

Black Hawk
http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Wisdom/Blac...

St. Croix valley

#39 Jul 31, 2013
See the Light wrote:
yet when there were no jobs for them, they quit coming here immediately..

if you stupid texans would quit hiring them, you wouldnt have this problem...
ronnie

Riverton, UT

#40 Jul 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
we'd have border security if our fellow US 'citizens' quit hiring illegal workers...
proof positive came when our economy tanked and border crossings went to almost zero immediately. no jobs, no problem.
solve the problem, don't waste billions treating the symptoms....
Exactly...And why I've always known this invasion has been entirely by design. Corrupt corporations and business's want this cheap labor that we all subsidize at the expense of the middle class. Hell even the shitty co's refuse to quit hiring them, like the hospitality industry in Nevada and McDonalds. So many illegals work here now and have brought our blue collar workers wages down, it's almost irreparable. Amnesty and the talk of it is strictly Political. There is only one way to get rid of them, and that's not to hire them. But this Government refuses to adhere too our laws. So we're screwed.
spud

Bangor, PA

#41 Aug 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
What's next coming from you? I ask myself too, that comes to show how judgmental some people can be, I am none of what you think about me but that don't really matter what matters to me most is the humanity in us all of us.
That sounds like some of the meaningless, melodramatic BS that comes out of Hillary's mouth. The humanity in us, it takes a village, we can do better, bringing IAs out of the shadows, change we can believe in, etc. etc.- What do those phrases mean? The truth is, they mean whatever the brainwashed listener wants them to mean, but in reality, they mean absolutely nothing.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#42 Aug 1, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like some of the meaningless, melodramatic BS that comes out of Hillary's mouth. The humanity in us, it takes a village, we can do better, bringing IAs out of the shadows, change we can believe in, etc. etc.- What do those phrases mean? The truth is, they mean whatever the brainwashed listener wants them to mean, but in reality, they mean absolutely nothing.
And that's what most Americans want not the brain washing that still holds some in the past but an advancing America that she is going lead in 2017 and beyond, and there no one out there to stop that because it would be the will of the american people.
spud

Bangor, PA

#43 Aug 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's what most Americans want not the brain washing that still holds some in the past but an advancing America that she is going lead in 2017 and beyond, and there no one out there to stop that because it would be the will of the american people.
More unspecific words that will only mean something to the brainwashed people of hope and change. Vague BS.
Brenda besson

United States

#44 Aug 1, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
oh you are going to cry a river ,maybe hillary will give you a tissue.you are setting yourself up for a big fall you crazy taco.i dont think hillary will be anything.then what will you do!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,261,607
News Clinton's Email Scandal Could Turn Criminal 4 min Le Jimbo 113
News Majority wants Congress to reject Iran deal 6 min Le Jimbo 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Le Jimbo 189,709
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min DanFromSmithville 171,533
News House, Senate on collision course in highway de... 13 min Le Jimbo 1
News Planned Parenthood chief apologizes after video 15 min Le Jimbo 286
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Coffee Party 336,116
More from around the web