Get rid of Big Bird

Get rid of Big Bird

There are 691 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Get rid of Big Bird. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Mitt Romney, in Wednesday night's debate in Denver, spoke of funding he would cut if elected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Newport News, VA

#67 Oct 4, 2012

President Mitt Romney will finally restore sanity to the Federal Government. Barack Obama will be laughed at as the Worst totus of ALL_TIME.

Get used to it Jackasscrats.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#68 Oct 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Grover feels the same way, but is too shy to say so.

Are you still playing with Hand Puppet larry?

The Obama Blow Up Doll not cutting it for ya after last nights debate disaster? I thought Obama was the Masterdebater? LMAO!

The Train that Ran Over Obama was called "President Mitt Romney."

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#69 Oct 4, 2012
imaginaryfriend wrote:
Save Big Bird! Get rid of all RepubliCONS! Starting with Willard the Rat!

Did your "Imaginary friend" tell you to say that dummy? LMAO!
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#70 Oct 4, 2012
Romney has No specific details about any of his plans only talking points. Voters go to Romney website ( www.mittromney.com ) and read his specific details of his plans if you can find any specific details. Good luck.
No specific details on Taxes, Medicare, Medicaid, Foreign Policy, Health Care, Economy, Jobs, and the list goes on with No specific details of his plans.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#71 Oct 4, 2012
Keep Big Bird and eliminate Romney the Turd.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#72 Oct 4, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your "Imaginary friend" tell you to say that dummy? LMAO!
Which shows do you listen to on NPR?

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#73 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't any respectable news source want their hirees to distance themselves from fox? They aren't really a news outlet? they are fodder for the Daily show...

No, it's quite the opposite.

Bill Moyers was a Gay Bashing Homophobe investigator in the LBJ administration and while a coward like you might say that deserves banishment, I say I want that Hypocrites POV spewed. It's hysterical!

No Keith Olbermann Getting FIRED is another matter. He simply was too lazy and borderline insane to hold a legit job for long.

Oh and Dan Rather getting FIRED for lying about bush is another Beauty!

Bwahahahahahaha!

Enjoy!

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#74 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Fox News only has twice as many viewers as MSNBC, and CNN. I wonder why so many people watch a 2nd rate news channel? And what does that say about their competition?

Great Points.

Only idiots watch MSNBC and CNN.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#75 Oct 4, 2012
Go to senior citizen site like AARP and notify them Romney will eliminate their Public Television Programs. Romney hates senior citizens.
Pinot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#76 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure that NPR is partisan? its membership is almost exactly equal to the political breakdown of the US populace. how is that partisan?
I imagine you were told it is partisan and just believed that without using your own brain to research the topic...as usual...
Source?

Here's mine....
"...Conservatives have long complained that the public broadcaster has a liberal bias, a charge NPR's defenders have denied. In at least one regard, however, NPR's board and fundraisers have, as a whole, shown a marked lean to the left in recent years: political contributions. A review of campaign finance data found that NPR board members' campaign contributions have sharply favored Democrats. Since 2004, members of the boards of NPR and the NPR Foundation, the public broadcaster's fundraising arm, have contributed nearly $2.2 million to federal candidates, parties, and PACs, of which $1.95 million, or 89 percent, has gone to Democratic candidates and liberal-leaning political action committees.[See where members of Congress get their campaign contributions.]"
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/03/1...

If the membership is committed to its survival, the membership needs to fund it, just as supporters of other charitable institutions do.
John

Quinlan, TX

#77 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Fox News only has twice as many viewers as MSNBC, and CNN. I wonder why so many people watch a 2nd rate news channel? And what does that say about their competition?
Viewers like to be entertained. That's why they watch a stupid sitcom over news. It's kind of a need to escape from reality thing.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#78 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney has No specific details about any of his plans only talking points. Voters go to Romney website ( www.mittromney.com ) and read his specific details of his plans if you can find any specific details. Good luck.
No specific details on Taxes, Medicare, Medicaid, Foreign Policy, Health Care, Economy, Jobs, and the list goes on with No specific details of his plans.

Sheesh! I shoved the specifics up your arse about a dozen times today! Do you want it shoved up there again girlyboy?

Not debatable: Obama stumbles

By GLENN THRUSH | 10/3/12 11:42 PM EDT

DENVER — Obama, who has spent most of the past four years speaking to hand-picked interviewers or lecturing audiences required to remain mostly mute while he spoke, struggled to shake off the rust in a jostling debate environment.

Romney’s aides and surrogates sprinted into the spin room to offer effusive assessments of their candidate’s performance, and Fox News contributor Juan Williams was caroling “Massacre! Massacre!” to himself as he bounded out of the men’s restroom. Obama’s team didn’t meet the press for a full 10 minutes — and one top Democrat, asked to say the best thing about the president’s performance, said Obama has been “just working to maintain cool and be reassuring” in an email to POLITICO.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/819...

St. Croix valley

#79 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
No, it's quite the opposite.
Bill Moyers was a Gay Bashing Homophobe investigator in the LBJ administration and while a coward like you might say that deserves banishment, I say I want that Hypocrites POV spewed. It's hysterical!
No Keith Olbermann Getting FIRED is another matter. He simply was too lazy and borderline insane to hold a legit job for long.
Oh and Dan Rather getting FIRED for lying about bush is another Beauty!
Bwahahahahahaha!
Enjoy!
anything relating to the topic on the post?

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#80 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Which shows do you listen to on NPR?
fresh air and the diane rehm show.
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#81 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
Romney continues to hurt poor seniors citizens and poor families with children.
Oh, no, you're wrong...remember he said if you are 60 or over you are fine. So the rest of us under 60 are screwed under his plan.

St. Croix valley

#82 Oct 4, 2012
Pinot wrote:
<quoted text>
Source?
Here's mine....
"...Conservatives have long complained that the public broadcaster has a liberal bias, a charge NPR's defenders have denied. In at least one regard, however, NPR's board and fundraisers have, as a whole, shown a marked lean to the left in recent years: political contributions. A review of campaign finance data found that NPR board members' campaign contributions have sharply favored Democrats. Since 2004, members of the boards of NPR and the NPR Foundation, the public broadcaster's fundraising arm, have contributed nearly $2.2 million to federal candidates, parties, and PACs, of which $1.95 million, or 89 percent, has gone to Democratic candidates and liberal-leaning political action committees.[See where members of Congress get their campaign contributions.]"
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/03/1...
If the membership is committed to its survival, the membership needs to fund it, just as supporters of other charitable institutions do.
yet how are their programs left wing biased? why is their guest list not that biased? why isn't their listenership not biased? why do agencies that rate srtations not call them biased?
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#83 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Sheesh! I shoved the specifics up your arse about a dozen times today! Do you want it shoved up there again girlyboy?
Not debatable: Obama stumbles
By GLENN THRUSH | 10/3/12 11:42 PM EDT
DENVER — Obama, who has spent most of the past four years speaking to hand-picked interviewers or lecturing audiences required to remain mostly mute while he spoke, struggled to shake off the rust in a jostling debate environment.
Romney’s aides and surrogates sprinted into the spin room to offer effusive assessments of their candidate’s performance, and Fox News contributor Juan Williams was caroling “Massacre! Massacre!” to himself as he bounded out of the men’s restroom. Obama’s team didn’t meet the press for a full 10 minutes — and one top Democrat, asked to say the best thing about the president’s performance, said Obama has been “just working to maintain cool and be reassuring” in an email to POLITICO.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/819...
No specifics at all.
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#84 Oct 4, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Le Jimbo and his pet scorpion were walking by a funeral home. The funeral director came out asked the Jimbo, "Would you like to try our new layaway plan?"
LOL...good one!

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#85 Oct 4, 2012
Tony wrote:
Go to senior citizen site like AARP and notify them Romney will eliminate their Public Television Programs. Romney hates senior citizens.

You mean AARP - THE INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!

- OUCH!-

You're such a dumbarse!

AARP to Obama: Don’t mention us again

October 4, 2012

President Obama invoked AARP to defend his health care law last night, prompting the influential group to release a statement telling him not to do that again.

“While we respect the rights of each campaign to make its case to voters, AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign,” the group posted in a statement.“AARP is a nonpartisan organization and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party.”

Obama can perhaps be forgiven for thinking he could mention AARP given how they coordinated with him to pass Obamacare, which is a golden goose for the organization.

“Thanks to its cuts to Medicare Advantage, Obamacare is expected to expand the number of seniors buying “medigap” supplemental insurance plans,” The Washington Examiner explained in an editorial.“AARP controls 34 percent of the market for such plans. According to a 2011 House Ways and Means Committee report, AARP stands to make between $55 million and $166 million from Obamacare in 2014 alone.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/aarp-to-obama-d...

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#86 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>anything relating to the topic on the post?

I'd ask you the same a half dozen posts ago but of course I'm never afraid to discuss multiple topics. LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 min Into The Night 37,289
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 36 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,272
News Clinton: My 'skin crawled' as Trump hovered on ... 55 min Birdzilla 38
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 1 hr KIP 261
News Federal judge again tosses out Texas voter ID law 1 hr Birdzilla 1
News Obamacare votes muddle Sen. Dean Heller's messa... 1 hr Looking 2
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 1 hr UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 112
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Mr Bojangles 8,678
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Quirky 1,583,761
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr russianrepukes 287,990
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 5 hr poi pounder 173
More from around the web