Get rid of Big Bird

Oct 4, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 691

Mitt Romney, in Wednesday night's debate in Denver, spoke of funding he would cut if elected.

Full Story
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#45 Oct 4, 2012
Fox News only has twice as many viewers as MSNBC, and CNN. I wonder why so many people watch a 2nd rate news channel? And what does that say about their competition?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#46 Oct 4, 2012
I've been saying it forever...Cut NPR OFF. They are part of the gubmint news channels like MSNBC. I do not want to pay for that shit anymore.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#47 Oct 4, 2012
Big Bird has more intelligence than most of you folks.

America - how sad.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#48 Oct 4, 2012
A Government Corporation set up to benefit the American people should profit the American people. Confiscate all profits, accounts and ventures of the CPB and return them to the American people, who created and funded the corporation.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#49 Oct 4, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
I do not want to pay for that shit anymore.
Then turn off fuxxxy! LOLL
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#50 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't any respectable news source want their hirees to distance themselves from fox? They aren't really a news outlet? they are fodder for the Daily show...
Stewart does a brilliant job with showing how unfair, unbalanced and nonsensical fux is.
Lily

United States

#51 Oct 4, 2012
Big Bird has made us smarter persons. He is part of our culture and anybody who messes with Big Bird is messing with America. Obama mocks Romney as ‘getting tough on Big Bird’. http://bit.ly/H0jj0u

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#52 Oct 4, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Stewart does a brilliant job with showing how unfair, unbalanced and nonsensical fux is.
All he has to do is play one weeks show and then the next and see how they contradict themselves blatently... it's not even work, just hitting the replay button...

My family was close friends with the morning vapid host Gretchen. whe was just as clueless when she was a teenager...

Minnesota's North Coast

#53 Oct 4, 2012
Lily wrote:
Big Bird has made us smarter persons. He is part of our culture and anybody who messes with Big Bird is messing with America. Obama mocks Romney as ‘getting tough on Big Bird’. http://bit.ly/H0jj0u
i was always a MR. Rogers kid. Sesame street gave me aheadache with all the flashy colors and changing topics every ninety seconds. I think it has played a part in the growth of ADD in kids.

Minnesota's North Coast

#54 Oct 4, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
I've been saying it forever...Cut NPR OFF. They are part of the gubmint news channels like MSNBC. I do not want to pay for that shit anymore.
you've never even listened to it and you know it. the subjects they talk about are so far above your level of understanding that if they exploded you wouldn't see the light of the explosion for three days...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#55 Oct 4, 2012
WVB wrote:
Why should taxpayers fund PBS. There are more than 6 channels now. People have choices. PBS has outlived its purpose.
Stevens died, Obama lied.
Where's Vera Baker?
You feel that thing stuck in your hineyhole? Well it ain't Vera baker.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#56 Oct 4, 2012
Romney continues to hurt poor seniors citizens and poor families with children.

Location hidden

#57 Oct 4, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
Dam Romney....he just lost the 8 YO vote...aw..phuchk !
Between Big Bird and Rpmney, one of them is valuable to our country. And it ain't Mitt. Justice will triumph.

Location hidden

#58 Oct 4, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Being "Partisan" has nothing to do with what part of the populace you belong. It's simply expressed in your stated views.
I've listened to NPR all my life and it's indeed an arm of the leftwing democrat party.
In fact, they're so leftwing they FIRED Juan Williams.
'nuff said.
Let's hope so.
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

#59 Oct 4, 2012
Save Big Bird! Get rid of all RepubliCONS! Starting with Willard the Rat!

Location hidden

#60 Oct 4, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama and Larry Sinclair were walking by a funeral home.....Barry looked over and said..........Wanna go in and have a cold one.
Le Jimbo and his pet scorpion were walking by a funeral home. The funeral director came out asked the Jimbo, "Would you like to try our new layaway plan?"

Location hidden

#61 Oct 4, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello professor brainiac.
The CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING "created" Sesame Street. Do you really think it would survive in a world of 400 TV channels.
I guess simple minded slogans keep you sane.
How dare you call the Laughing Lummox sane?

Location hidden

#62 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Fox News only has twice as many viewers as MSNBC, and CNN. I wonder why so many people watch a 2nd rate news channel? And what does that say about their competition?
We can walk upright?
1 post removed

Location hidden

#64 Oct 4, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Big Bird has more intelligence than most of you folks.
America - how sad.
Grover feels the same way, but is too shy to say so.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#65 Oct 4, 2012
There is sweet Big Bird then there is Romney the Big Turd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,173,303
Obama to renew push for paid leave for working ... 3 min xxxrayted 150
Obama administration on track to surpass health... 3 min RustyS 25
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min openyourminds 142,209
Republican leaders look for escape plan on immi... 3 min Dee Dee Dee 13
Effigy of Sarah Palin hanging by a noose create... (Oct '08) 4 min swedenforever 297
Charles Koch calls on fellow conservative donor... 5 min Retired SOF 65
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 7 min serfs up 677
Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... 15 min Retired SOF 49
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min woodtick57 304,841
Senators tell Obama ita s urgent to nominate a ... 58 min Le Jimbo 20
More from around the web