Get rid of Big Bird

Get rid of Big Bird

There are 691 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 4, 2012, titled Get rid of Big Bird. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Mitt Romney, in Wednesday night's debate in Denver, spoke of funding he would cut if elected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Lanham, MD

#24 Oct 4, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
So romney lied about Sesame Street?

Wow! You're really stupid.

Romney said he would cut Tax Payer Funding for THE CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING since it's NOT NEEDED. That wouldn't kill Sesame Street dummy.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#25 Oct 4, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Being "Partisan" has nothing to do with what part of the populace you belong. It's simply expressed in your stated views.
I've listened to NPR all my life and it's indeed an arm of the leftwing democrat party.
In fact, they're so leftwing they FIRED Juan Williams.
'nuff said.
So would any sane station.

What exactly leads you to believe they are liberal, except that your cage menders told you that?

i know you cannot think for yourself, so I do not expect a serious answer from you...

if you are interested, check their guest list for their political affiliation, it trends republican. Check their listenership as i pointed out to you...

Facts are fun!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#26 Oct 4, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
I once made a business call to a funeral parlor director.
His parting comment " Hey, I'd be the last to let you down".
Obama and Larry Sinclair were walking by a funeral home.....Barry looked over and said..........Wanna go in and have a cold one.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#27 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Wow! You're really stupid.
Romney said he would cut Tax Payer Funding for THE CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING since it's NOT NEEDED. That wouldn't kill Sesame Street dummy.
Hello professor brainiac.

The CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING "created" Sesame Street. Do you really think it would survive in a world of 400 TV channels.

I guess simple minded slogans keep you sane.

St. Croix valley

#28 Oct 4, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
The CORPORATION FOR PUBLIC BROADCASTING "created" Sesame Street. Do you really think it would survive in a world of 400 TV channels.
i thought they just aired it.

Sesame street was created in 1966. the CPB was created in 1967.

the CPB and PBS pay to air the show created by a private entity. much as they pay to air shows by many private entities.

Location hidden

#29 Oct 4, 2012
I we got rid of Obama, we would be getting rid of a big dick.

Location hidden

#30 Oct 4, 2012
NPR is a biased entity. They should not receive taxpayer money. No how. No way.
1 post removed
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#32 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought they just aired it.
the CPB and PBS pay to air the show created by a private entity. much as they pay to air shows by many private entities.
Yes, Communist Democrats realized in 1967 it could use early education of children to turn a generation of American males into pansies incapable of decoding human history and susceptible to more and more indoctrination... Corporation for Public Broadcasting: Government indoctrination of infants now validated by the Department of Education's indoctrination of primary students with Channel 1.

San Diego, CA

#33 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought they just aired it.
Actually not.

"Sesame Street was conceived in 1966 during discussions between television producer Joan Ganz Cooney and Carnegie Foundation vice president Lloyd Morrisett. Their goal was to create a children's television show that would "master the addictive qualities of television and do something good with them",[1] such as helping young children prepare for school. After two years of research the newly formed Children's Television Workshop (CTW) received a combined grant of $8 million ($51 million in 2012 dollars[2]) from the Carnegie Foundation, the Ford Foundation, and the U.S. Federal Government to create and produce a new children's television show.[3] The program premiered on public broadcasting television stations on November 10, 1969.[4] It was the first preschool educational television program to base its contents and production values on laboratory and formative research.[5] Initial responses to the show included adulatory reviews, some controversy, and high ratings. By its 40th anniversary in 2009, Sesame Street was broadcast in over 120 countries, and 20 international versions had been produced.[6]

My point was that Sesame Street, in a commercial environment would not survive. Without funding, it would not have lasted over 40 years.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#34 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So would any sane station.
What exactly leads you to believe they are liberal, except that your cage menders told you that?
i know you cannot think for yourself, so I do not expect a serious answer from you...
if you are interested, check their guest list for their political affiliation, it trends republican. Check their listenership as i pointed out to you...
Facts are fun!

You're really quite dim. The Facts have made tire tracks across your back for a long time.

Q) What leads me to believe they're liberal?

A) THEY STATE & SUPPORT LIBERAL POINT OF VIEWS ALL DAY LONG. Duh!

Why can't you think for yourself?
Do you even listen to Public radio or are you parroting as usual? LMAO!

Juan Williams Too Diverse for Liberal NPR

Jonathan S. Tobin |

When National Public Radio fired commentator Juan Williams last year, they may have hoped it would be a one-day story. But what followed was a major controversy that wound up costing a number of executives at the network their jobs. But the ordeal isn’t over for NPR. Williams has written a new book about his firing from the network that is coming out next week. The advance interviews that Williams and his wife are giving to the media make it clear he believes he was just too black and too independent to survive in what is a cloister for white, college-educated liberals.

In an interview with Politico, Williams details the way NPR tried to censor his comments and sought to have him disassociate himself from Fox News, where he also served as a commentator. Even worse, despite NPR’s claim of Olympian objectivity, Williams says its left-wing bias is reinforced by a desire to please large contributors such as George Soros:

- OUCH!-

Facts Are FUN.
You are Dumb.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/07/21/...

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#35 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
Facts are fun!

[Williams] also believes that NPR’s coverage is skewed by its major donors — the most famous of whom, George Soros’ Open Society Foundations, gave a $1.8 million donation the same week he was fired, further stoking accusations of NPR’s liberal bias.

- OUCH!-

George Soros is a Felon, Nazi Collaborator, and Obama supporter of course.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#36 Oct 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
Facts are fun!

In an interview with Politico, Williams details the way NPR tried to censor his comments and sought to have him disassociate himself from Fox News, where he also served as a commentator. Even worse, despite NPR’s claim of Olympian objectivity, Williams says its left-wing bias is reinforced by a desire to please large contributors such as George Soros:

[Williams] also believes that NPR’s coverage is skewed by its major donors — the most famous of whom, George Soros’ Open Society Foundations, gave a $1.8 million donation the same week he was fired, further stoking accusations of NPR’s liberal bias.

“The idea was that we have to satisfy these deep-pocketed liberals in order to keep the money flowing, and we want that money,” he said.“And it began to influence the journalism.”

While Williams says that in contrast to the behavior of NPR executives, the people at Fox were quite happy to let him say whatever he wanted to say, he doesn’t let the network completely off the hook, stating its news operation has a conservative slant. But given the refusal of the rest of the mainstream media– and especially NPR–to admit their liberal bias, Fox needn’t apologize.

Just as damning are the comments of Williams’ wife Delise, who told Newsmax:

“So-called liberals” at NPR treated her — a light-skinned African-American — as if she didn’t exist.… Delise says that she and Juan were the only blacks at NPR parties, a point confirmed by Juan. In general, both say, African-Americans were found only in low-level jobs such as security guards.

NPR = RACIST Bastards!

KILL THEIR FUNDING NOW!

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#37 Oct 4, 2012

To anyone who has listened to NPR’s news programs, reports about the arrogant and insular nature of their staff and the narrow spectrum of views that are tolerated there are hardly surprising.

Juan Williams ends his book with a call for an end to the federal subsidies for this liberal enclave.

It’s only a matter of time before the government gravy train stops for NPR. When it does, perhaps we’ll look back at Juan Williams’ firing as the turning point in that debate.

Romney/Ryan 2012!!!!
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#38 Oct 4, 2012
The HUGE amounts of money left to PBS by heirs of the Mc'Donald's empire and other things such as marketing of Sesame Street characters in every store in America guarantees their continued existence. Since those inheritances and enterprises are based on a corporation existing because of initial structure and funding from the government, all of those profits and inheritances should be taken by the government and a continued public relationship should be reoriented to absolutely no government and extreme Leftists indoctrination. The huge inheritances, etc. can be used more successfully to reduce the national debt, instead of brainwashing children to be wimps and pansies.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#39 Oct 4, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>

Dummy,
Good and Great Programming like Sesame Street T-H-R-I-V-E-S.

Heck,
They're better than at least 350 of those 400 channels you're paying for!

KILL CPR FUNDING by Taxpayers. No More Subsidies for this crap.

“Truth to Power!”

Newport News, VA

#40 Oct 4, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>

My point was that Sesame Street, in a commercial environment would not survive. Without funding, it would not have lasted over 40 years.

You're dumber than a rock. DORA the Flowking EXPLORER has thrived and Survived Obama's Depression. Sesame Street is 10x better and is sought after programing. Geesh!

Pull My Finger

West Sayville, NY

#41 Oct 4, 2012
Pluck Big Bird's feathers and poke those cold dead shark eyes of Jim Lehrer's out.

San Diego, CA

#42 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
You're dumber than a rock. DORA the Flowking EXPLORER has thrived and Survived Obama's Depression. Sesame Street is 10x better and is sought after programing. Geesh!
What. Obama's depression that was caused by the bush years. Oh wait. You do have those selective blinders on.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#43 Oct 4, 2012
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting was a creation of the American people through their representatives, although those representatives had different intent in its creation, than the general public realized. Once it became super profitable from various sources, Democrats changed its structure somewhat to decrease its status as having been created by the American public to serve the American public. This effectively freed the Corporation to use some of its profits and inheritances to benefit the same Communist Democrats freeing up its status.

The only solution to remove a Democrat created slush fund and indoctrination tool is to reestablish the CPB's status to what it originally was. Confiscate all its funds from any source and replace its current status to one of public trust and therefore disallowed to be a slush fund for Democrats.

St. Croix valley

#44 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
“The idea was that we have to satisfy these deep-pocketed liberals in order to keep the money flowing, and we want that money,” he said.“And it began to influence the journalism.”
While Williams says that in contrast to the behavior of NPR executives, the people at Fox were quite happy to let him say whatever he wanted to say, he doesn’t let the network completely off the hook, stating its news operation has a conservative slant. But given the refusal of the rest of the mainstream media– and especially NPR–to admit their liberal bias, Fox needn’t apologize.
Just as damning are the comments of Williams’ wife Delise, who told Newsmax:
“So-called liberals” at NPR treated her — a light-skinned African-American — as if she didn’t exist.… Delise says that she and Juan were the only blacks at NPR parties, a point confirmed by Juan. In general, both say, African-Americans were found only in low-level jobs such as security guards.
NPR = RACIST Bastards!
KILL THEIR FUNDING NOW!
Wouldn't any respectable news source want their hirees to distance themselves from fox? They aren't really a news outlet? they are fodder for the Daily show...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,644,069
News Donald Trump signals welfare reform is next, wi... 1 min RIP 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 min Aquarius-WY 13,998
News Democratic senator apologizes for making some w... 15 min RustyS 3
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 24 min spocko 1,233
News Trump all but endorses GOP's Moore despite sex ... 27 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 90
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 31 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 241
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 33 min PROUD EX LESBIAN 42,615
More from around the web