Get rid of Big Bird

Oct 4, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 691

Mitt Romney, in Wednesday night's debate in Denver, spoke of funding he would cut if elected.

Full Story
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#279 Oct 7, 2012
Well, that was kind of a false statement becaused NPR funding is a very tiny amount of money. Romney said he will test all spending against "is it worth borrowing money from China" and if it is not, he will cut it. Well, Charles Krauthammer said we now borrow money from China to give people Medicare. Well, if we have all of these rich old people on several pensions, who own homes they can take reverse mortgages out on to live retired, then is it worth borrowing money from China to give them Medicare and SS?? No, it's ridiculous. So let's means test them. If they have other means retired, cut them off of SS and Medicare, and start by cutting out paying women who never worked, DO NOT PAY PEOPLE WHO NEVER PAID IN, and if their husbands have big fat pensions, cut their azzes off of SS and Medicare like the Cato Institute says. And, the state retirees on those huge pensions, cut their azzes off of SS and Medicare. They get anywhere from $75,000-$250,000 a year in government pensions (paid for in tax money), hell get them off of SS and Medicare. They have health insurance and they sure as hell do not need the money from SS. How much tax money can one person suck up?? If people are on other government pensions, cut their azzes off of SS and Medicare if they have other government health insurance. I hope Romney really does this - measures all spending up against having to borrow the money from China. And, this is WHY Paul Ryan wants to cut over $800 BILLION out of Medicaid. He wants to stop rich baby boomers from shoving their parents in rest homes for free to collect their parents estates before they even die and so they don't have to take their parents in. It's ALL welfare fraud, and Ryan knows it, and it IS all going to have to stop. WE cannot afford this stuff, and we most certainly cannot afford to have almost all of spending going to the baby boomers on several government penions, having their parents in free rest homes and paying for all of their health care too. The buck stops with the wealthy baby boomers.

If young people can't even get living wage jobs and have no hope of ever buying homes, then the baby boomers have to suck it up and take out reverse mortgages. There is no big younger generation that can get high paying jobs to carry the tax base for the baby boomers. Everyone is going to have to take austerity cuts, not just young people who have nothing.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#280 Oct 7, 2012
The old tea party people think that they will be the last generation to suck up SS, Medicare, local, state, federal pensions, union pensions, and they think they will force young people to pay for all of it and force young people to go without SS, Medicare, union and government pensions, end the minimum wage on them. Throw them all under the bus and let them all die and not have lives at all, so that the old folks can live fat on $10,000 a month or more all on the goverment's dime. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. It's a mathematical impossibility, never mind why would young workers pay for the baby boomers to get SS and Medicare and then they themselves won't get those things?? They won't. Everyone is going to have to take the spending cuts, and, since most of the money goes to retired people, they are the ones who will have to take the cuts. Young workers don't get government pensions and SS and Medicare, old people do. You have to cut where the spending goes, not out of thin air or cut future spending. You have to cut where the money is going now now in 30 years from now.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#281 Oct 7, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama pays his taxes which fund our military, schools, and infrastructure.
Mitt puts his money in the Caymans and Switzerland. He doesn't feel his money should be wasted on things like that. He prefers to waste his money on car lifts and gay horses, which is ironic considering he despises the gays...and blacks....and women...and the poor....and Hispanics....and Big Bird.
Romney pays more taxes in one year that Obama is worth........14% to charity........odoodle 6%.......my brothers keeper hahahaha he lives in a mud hut on 20 dollars a year.

Location hidden

#282 Oct 7, 2012
Pamela wrote:
The old tea party people think that they will be the last generation to suck up SS, Medicare, local, state, federal pensions, union pensions, and they think they will force young people to pay for all of it and force young people to go without SS, Medicare, union and government pensions, end the minimum wage on them. Throw them all under the bus and let them all die and not have lives at all, so that the old folks can live fat on $10,000 a month or more all on the goverment's dime. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. It's a mathematical impossibility, never mind why would young workers pay for the baby boomers to get SS and Medicare and then they themselves won't get those things?? They won't. Everyone is going to have to take the spending cuts, and, since most of the money goes to retired people, they are the ones who will have to take the cuts. Young workers don't get government pensions and SS and Medicare, old people do. You have to cut where the spending goes, not out of thin air or cut future spending. You have to cut where the money is going now now in 30 years from now.
If you knew what you were talking about, you would be dangereous.

Location hidden

#283 Oct 7, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, so you would prefer that President Obama starve to death as a child?
How English of you. I'm sorry but aren't you the country
that follows dogs on a horse until it finds a fox and then the dogs rip it to shreds and I believe you refer to it as "sport"?
Perhaps you should breed with the Germans some more. The inbreeding doesn't seem to be improving over there.
You loons sure like to project lies, that then lie about the lies..........Saul would love the technique.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#284 Oct 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Romney pays more taxes
Romney pays at a lower tax rate - lower than Obama, and lower than most middle class Americans.

He is worth over $250 million and he wants to cut his tax rate from 13 percent to less than one percent.

Less than one percent.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

#285 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney pays at a lower tax rate - lower than Obama, and lower than most middle class Americans.
He is worth over $250 million and he wants to cut his tax rate from 13 percent to less than one percent.
Less than one percent.
Don't forget, with his millions, he has 100 million in an IRA. A tax shelter.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#286 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than one percent.
Hey rug , lying again ?
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#287 Oct 7, 2012
Pamela wrote:
You certainly have been brainwashed. I am actually for Romney because I DO care about the future of our country, medicare, social security, etc. I want there to be something for my children, grandchildren, and YOU!

I am one of those "old" retirees you refer to and I can assure you I have earned every dime I receive!! You work your butt off for 37 years and then make those statements!

“Tomorrow’s Medicare should give beneficiaries a generous defined contribution and allow them to choose between private plans and traditional Medicare,” Mr. Romney wrote.“And lower-income future retirees should receive the most assistance. I believe that competition will improve Medicare and the coverage that seniors receive.”“We cannot with moral conscious borrow trillions of dollars that can only be repaid by our children,” he said.“We cannot so weaken our economic foundation that we jeopardize our ability to preserve freedom.”

Location hidden

#288 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than one percent.
What's your point, yes Romney is successful.........he even buys his own golf balls.

Location hidden

#289 Oct 7, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, with his millions, he has 100 million in an IRA. A tax shelter.
Smart man. Where is Obama's......oh my don't know......more hidden information. How did Obama go from a net worth of a million to 10 million in three years.......call me when you know.......oh don't try the books ploy.

Location hidden

#290 Oct 7, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey rug , lying again ?
Hey, mug, swallowing again?

Location hidden

#291 Oct 7, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly have been brainwashed. I am actually for Romney because I DO care about the future of our country, medicare, social security, etc.
Let's see: Romney wants to cut social security, gut medicare, and we know he loves his grandchildren because he set up a shell corporation so he could leave them an inheritance and not have to pay taxes on it.

Of course, if he were to get in, he would first cut his taxes from 13 percent to less than one percent with would be about 27 percent less than what most middle class tax payers pay.

And we should not forget that if you are taking SSI, you would be part of that 47 percent draft dodger Romney said he didn't care about.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#292 Oct 7, 2012
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your country a favor and go back to school. I'm tired of other countries laughing at the stupidity that comes out of republitards mouths.
PBS is predominantly funded by private entities you f-ing moron. Mitt can't get rid of PBS, Planned PArenthood or Obamacare. He is an egomaniac who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, better than everyone else and that the shit of the rich 'don't stink'.
He will face his day of reckoning when Hispanics, blacks, women, homosexuals, Christians and the poor DON'T vote for him.
Now, go cry about it, you mouth breathing inbred.
Speaking of an egomaniac:

That President Obama has a rather lofty opinion of himself is without question. His sense of personal entitlement and right-by-virtue seem to outstrip any known figure not currently residing in Hollywood. As Charles Krauthammer asked in July of last year, "Has there ever been a presidential nominee with a wider gap between his estimation of himself and the sum total of his lifetime achievements? Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself."

One must never underestimate the manipulative genius of pathological narcissists. They project such an imposing personality that it overwhelms those around them. Charmed by the charisma of the narcissist, people become like clay in his hands. They cheerfully do his bidding and delight to be at his service. The narcissist shapes the world around himself and reduces others in his own inverted image. He creates a cult of personality. His admirers become his co-dependents. Narcissists have no interest in things that do not help them to reach their personal objective. They are focused on one thing alone and that is power. All other issues are meaningless to them and they do not want to waste their precious time on trivialities. Anything that does not help them is beneath them and do not deserve their attention.

If an issue raised in the Senate does not help Obama in one way or another, he has no interest in it. The "present" vote is a safe vote. No one can criticize him if things go wrong. Those issues are unworthy by their very nature because they are not about him. Obama's election as the first black president of the Harvard Law Review led to a contract and advance to write a book about race relations.

The University of Chicago Law School provided him a lot longer than expected and at the end it evolved into guess what, His autobiography! Instead of writing a scholarly paper focusing on race relations, for which he had been paid, Obama could not resist writing about his most sublime self. He entitled the book Dreams from My Father.

Narcissists are often callous and even ruthless. As the norm, they lack conscience. This is evident from Obama's lack of interest in his own brother who lives on only one dollar per month.

San Diego, CA

#293 Oct 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Smart man. Where is Obama's......oh my don't know......more hidden information. How did Obama go from a net worth of a million to 10 million in three years.......call me when you know.......oh don't try the books ploy.
That was public knowledge 4 years ago. If you are too slow to understand, don't expect me to educate you.

Location hidden

#294 Oct 7, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see: Romney wants to cut social security, gut medicare, and we know he loves his grandchildren because he set up a shell corporation so he could leave them an inheritance and not have to pay taxes on it.
Of course, if he were to get in, he would first cut his taxes from 13 percent to less than one percent with would be about 27 percent less than what most middle class tax payers pay.
And we should not forget that if you are taking SSI, you would be part of that 47 percent draft dodger Romney said he didn't care about.
Backlog of Veterans' Disability Claims Increases 179% Under Obama...

Location hidden

#295 Oct 7, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
That was public knowledge 4 years ago. If you are too slow to understand, don't expect me to educate you.
How can it be public knowledge from 4 years ago........duhhhhhh the fourth year hasn't ended and the information just came out in the summer.....Son you just got to get more shovel ready if you want to dig a deeper hole.

San Diego, CA

#296 Oct 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>How can it be public knowledge from 4 years ago........duhhhhhh the fourth year hasn't ended and the information just came out in the summer.....Son you just got to get more shovel ready if you want to dig a deeper hole.
"Grand Total Net Worth

Assets:$1,500,000 (RealEstate)
$1,017,900 (Tax Free and taxable Bonds/securities)
$2,464,111 (2007 haul, net of everything)
$1,854,770 (2008 after tax income)
$1,000,000 (2009 Nobel Peace Prize, after taxes)
$3,500,000 (estimated net haul from book sales in
2009. Read the actual updated figure)
$419,000 (earnings from $400,000 salary, plus
$169,000 tax free expense accounts,
minus estimated school tuition and
miscellaneous expenses of $150,000)

The Running Tally of Obama's Net Worth as of December 10,
Barack Obama 2009 Net Worth:

Total Assets:$10,255,781
Total Liabilities $1,570,000

Barack Obama's estimated 2009 Net Worth: 8,685,781"

Like I said, his net worth is public information as he has released his complete tax returns.

So it looks like I dug the latrine hole and you are sitting in the bottom of it waiting for more.

Location hidden

#297 Oct 7, 2012
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
"Grand Total Net Worth
Assets:$1,500,000 (RealEstate)
$1,017,900 (Tax Free and taxable Bonds/securities)
$2,464,111 (2007 haul, net of everything)
$1,854,770 (2008 after tax income)
$1,000,000 (2009 Nobel Peace Prize, after taxes)
$3,500,000 (estimated net haul from book sales in
2009. Read the actual updated figure)
$419,000 (earnings from $400,000 salary, plus
$169,000 tax free expense accounts,
minus estimated school tuition and
miscellaneous expenses of $150,000)
The Running Tally of Obama's Net Worth as of December 10,
Barack Obama 2009 Net Worth:
Total Assets:$10,255,781
Total Liabilities $1,570,000
Barack Obama's estimated 2009 Net Worth: 8,685,781"
Like I said, his net worth is public information as he has released his complete tax returns.
So it looks like I dug the latrine hole and you are sitting in the bottom of it waiting for more.
Son, you can't get an audited Net Worth statement by using estimates and old tax returns.

Location hidden

#298 Oct 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Backlog of Veterans' Disability Claims Increases 179% Under Obama...
Backlog of benefits due to the tens of thousands injured and permanently disabled due to the Bush War in Iraq.

Manning the VA is a function of Congress.

Maybe instead of the Republican House passing the same bill that has failed 39 times already, the GOP could take the time to pass a comprehensive bill for the VA not saddled with poison pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate fails to override Obama's veto of Keysto... 3 min serfs up 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min DBWriter 1,192,504
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 185,100
Senate fails to override Keystone pipeline veto 6 min Le Duped 4
How Should the US Government Respond to ISIS? 6 min squeezers 2,906
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Calvin_Coolish 172,352
House committee subpoenas Clinton emails in Ben... 8 min Le Duped 4
Obama: 'Now is the moment' for police to make c... 18 min Sick of Being Played 71
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 1 hr Silent Echo 1,926
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 hr -Figgy - 313,417
More from around the web