The 21 books Obama bought on D.C. sho...

The 21 books Obama bought on D.C. shopping trip

There are 60 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 30, 2013, titled The 21 books Obama bought on D.C. shopping trip. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

President Obama went book shopping on Saturday with daughters Malia and Sasha, taking recommendations from the staff of Politics and Prose in Northwest Washington and walking out with 21 books that were presumably for gifts, as they were aimed at a wide age-range of readers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“VOTE CRUZ 2016!! - JOIN”

Since: Mar 09

THE CONSERVATIVE REVOLUTION!!

#42 Dec 1, 2013
Patty likes Hello Kitty coloring books and pink is his favorite color.

LOL
Mas Amor

Hanoi, Vietnam

#43 Dec 1, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
I doubt that Marine Corp Papsmear has read many books anyway.
U shoulda help Pat Obamarine to write his own book to make a few buck, rather than bee com Dr. Obama cheerliter here;
www.amazon.com/kindle+password

;-000h, and user name2!;)
1 post removed
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Doylestown, PA

#45 Dec 1, 2013
Unlike his ignorant illiterate teabagging opponents Obama actually reads books!!
Mas Amor

Hanoi, Vietnam

#46 Dec 1, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Unlike his ignorant illiterate teabagging opponents Obama actually reads books!!
https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

U can travel around the WORLD and write yo own book;)
Mas Amor

Hanoi, Vietnam

#47 Dec 1, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
Obamass transparensee!;)
http://www.amazon.com/Currency-Converter/b/re...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#48 Dec 1, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
The point is that he was in a book store; somewhere you would never find his ignorant tea-bagging detractors.
But you just have to love the look on Sasha’s face; typical teenage daughter who is bored and ready to go… it is great to see the Obama’s have done such a wonderful job raising those two beautiful girl to be normal teenagers.
Kiss my grits.

I'm one of Odumbo's biggest detractors, for just cause, and was Ship's Librarian, have probably been in more book stores than you've walked past, have read well over 5000 books, have written 3, am a published author in two technical fields.

I'm guessing three of those books were for his daughters and will leave it to you to figure out which ones. Here's a hint: Brontosaurus, Crayon and Cat.

By the way, that expression on Sasha's face can be seen any day of the week in any catatonic ward in the country.

That last remark was just to let you know that I am capable of stooping to your level.

Ordinarily, I'd say I was looking forward to your witty remark but we all know it would only be half that.
Putrid ObamaCare FUBAR

Bronx, NY

#49 Dec 1, 2013
jerkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
The only thing he reads well is tea leaves off the Teleprompter.
angel

Boise, ID

#50 Dec 2, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no class. According to them everything is game as a means to an end.
Yes,and your posts are the epitome of 'Class'.
When was the last time you bought a book you bag of pus?
If you dont count the hours you stood in line to have your pages stuck together copy of 'Going Rogue' signed?
angel

Boise, ID

#51 Dec 2, 2013
Putrid ObamaCare FUBAR wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing he reads well is tea leaves off the Teleprompter.
'Teleprompter' or 'Hitler' analogies:How to tell when a Teabagger is pulling his post straight out of his ass,cause he's got nothin' else! Lmao!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#52 Dec 2, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,and your posts are the epitome of 'Class'.
When was the last time you bought a book you bag of pus?
If you dont count the hours you stood in line to have your pages stuck together copy of 'Going Rogue' signed?
With posts like this one you have no room to talk about anyone else's "class". Try learning English first.

Us too you Bozeman Blo-Hole!
But dont worry youll still have 'Voter Fraud' conspiracy theories
to whine about next Holiday Season to explain it ALLL away!
Which is good because its all your going to have.

#1033220 2 hrs ago angel Boise, ID

And as far as books, I can guarantee that I have bought, read, and understood more books than you could ever hope to.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#53 Dec 2, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
'Teleprompter' or 'Hitler' analogies:How to tell when a Teabagger is pulling his post straight out of his ass,cause he's got nothin' else! Lmao!
At least Obama can form a coherent sentence.....do you think that you will be able to one day?
1 post removed

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#55 Dec 2, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot, everybody knows that these right-wing people buy their books in bulk(giving them away to different groups including the military)– and many other tactics to inflate the numbers… the same way fox news celebrate their ratings without disclosing that they get bars and restaurants to place all their TV’s on fox news.
Hey Pattie, we know that's how all of the sudden Obama's old books jumped in sales..........only it was the State Department buying thousands to give to other government officials.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#56 Dec 2, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
When they called you low information voters, they may have exaggerated by giving you that much credit.
angel has fallen on butt

Medford, NY

#57 Dec 2, 2013
fallen angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing how your posts have been judged I'd say you're more of a "fallen" angel. And it looks like you can't get up! LMAO!

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#58 Dec 2, 2013
Obama is a joke wrote:
Maybe "I learned to be a racist from Jeremiah Wright".
Who knows, maybe he did. Who taught you how to be a racist, dear old Mom and Dad?
angel

Boise, ID

#59 Dec 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>When they called you low information voters, they may have exaggerated by giving you that much credit.
Ah... Tea Bag Nation decrying 'Low Information Voters'.
Now THAT is hilarious.
angel

Boise, ID

#60 Dec 2, 2013
angel has fallen on butt wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing how your posts have been judged I'd say you're more of a "fallen" angel. And it looks like you can't get up! LMAO!
Lmao!Judging other peoples posts is pure Cowardice.
Not to mention lazy.
But when you cant get it up for a response......
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#61 Dec 2, 2013
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows, maybe he did. Who taught you how to be a racist, dear old Mom and Dad?
Show me a post where I have been racist.....put up or shut up.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#62 Dec 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
There must be an old copy of Green Eggs and Ham swimming around the political book reading club?! LOLL
Stymie Beard

Bronx, NY

#63 Dec 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
There must be an old copy of Green Eggs and Ham swimming around the political book reading club?! LOLL
There is. Right next to Black Like Me and Watermelon Man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 min The Awful Truth 1,000
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Buster Steinbeizer 214,520
News The top 5 people Donald Trump might pick as his... 4 min tarp survivor 7
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,383,623
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Into The Night 59,523
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 7 min californio 1,512
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Cornelius Scudmister 225,084
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Katrina 384,259
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 1 hr Cat74 303
News Protesters clash with police outside Trump rall... 1 hr Le Jimbo 314
More from around the web