Arizona governor signs tough immigrat...

Arizona governor signs tough immigration enforcement bill into law

There are 868 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Arizona governor signs tough immigration enforcement bill into law. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law the nation's toughest legislation against illegal immigration Friday, a sweeping measure that supporters said would take handcuffs off police but which President Barack Obama said could violate people's civil rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

LOL

Anaheim, CA

#910 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your whole post goes on and on and not one mention of how it is possible for the VAST majority of those immigrating to the US to survive - they are hired by AMERICAN businesses and individuals.
They aren't all drug dealers or bank robbers. The vast majority come here and work. So the best way to dissuade them from coming here is to cut off the work.
If there are no businesses willing to hire undocumented aliens, and nobody employs housekeepers, gardeners, contractors, etc. unless they are licensed to work in the US, then they will go away...and pretty fast.
But this will take action by many AMERICANS to get it done. And I wonder how many people supporting this law are willing to give up the guy that only charges $30 for gardening or the lady that charges $50 to clean the house?
Atually, quite a few of those working here illegally are hired by other illegal aliens. Someone pays Jose's housecleaning $25 houring to clean and Jose pays Maria and Martha $10 per hour to actually do the work.

Happens quite a bit.

Greed comes in all colors.
Thomas Joyner

United States

#911 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have a heart. I'm not a sucker, but suffering people are suffering people. I don't think any less of starving people in Africa than I do in the US - people are people. That's what my Christian upbringing taught me.
It is why I don't like the phrases "illegal aliens", "anchor babies", etc. because it dehumanizes people.
You also incorrectly say that non-citizens do not pay taxes. Perhaps they don't pay income tax, but they all do pay sales tax and other taxes based on purchases. Saying they pay no taxes is incorrect.
And again, there is a flip side to the equation. Their "employers, either businesses or individuals, do not pay retirement, unemployment, Social Security, etc. on the labor they receive. And they undoubtedly pay less than the going rate.
You make it sound like the majority of undocumented aliens are drug dealers, crooks, thieves, etc. they are here illegally - yes, but the vast majority come here to work. And the vast majority of those that hire them know they are hiring someone illegally.
Yes, but after living in the hyphenated morass of disconnected lunatics that is today's California you don't understand that WORDS have meanings. They aren't mean.
UNREAL

El Segundo, CA

#912 May 3, 2010
Maria Gomez wrote:
<quoted text>
All Democrats ARE NOT unpatriotic Trash!
The Dem leaders do a super job making it appear otherwise.
Here We Go

Carson, CA

#913 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Atually, quite a few of those working here illegally are hired by other illegal aliens. Someone pays Jose's housecleaning $25 houring to clean and Jose pays Maria and Martha $10 per hour to actually do the work.
Happens quite a bit.
Well SOMEBODY hired the first person, didn't they?
Here We Go

Carson, CA

#914 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens quite a bit.
Subcontracting is "greedy" now?
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#915 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Subcontracting is "greedy" now?
It sure can be.

I take it you've never worked in the building trades.
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#916 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Well SOMEBODY hired the first person, didn't they?
LOLOLOL

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The point is, many hispanics take advantage of their own and yet they love to blame the white guys for taking advantage of them. Which some do! But I've seen it happen quite often within their own race.

What a dork_

“They named a cereal for him”

Since: Feb 08

Redondo Beach, CA

#917 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL
The point is, many hispanics take advantage of their own and yet they love to blame the white guys for taking advantage of them. Which some do! But I've seen it happen quite often within their own race.
The Rooster? lmao!

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#918 May 3, 2010
UNREAL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dem leaders do a super job making it appear otherwise.
There are a growing number of us who do not support the Obama administrations policies.
Here We Go

Carson, CA

#919 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL
What are you now, a sociologist? You've spent time "studying" these traits and now insinuate they are specific to "Hispanics"?

Couldn't you just as easily said some "people" take advantage of their own and yet love to blame "__________" for taking advantage of them?

I seem to recall a non-Hispanic chap named Bernie Madoff (not Benito Hernandez), a company called Enron (not La Victoria), etc. that caused a stir for "taking advantage" of others.
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#920 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you now, a sociologist? You've spent time "studying" these traits and now insinuate they are specific to "Hispanics"?
Couldn't you just as easily said some "people" take advantage of their own and yet love to blame "__________" for taking advantage of them?
I seem to recall a non-Hispanic chap named Bernie Madoff (not Benito Hernandez), a company called Enron (not La Victoria), etc. that caused a stir for "taking advantage" of others.
As a matter of fact, yes.

And no, traits like this are not inherent to only one race, or group., but, I said that in my post didn't I.

Again, the point being - it's all too common within this topic (we're talking about illegal immigration here, not financial crooks of a wealthier nature) for this group (illegal immigrants) to blame white society for something their own race perpetuates.
Here We Go

Carson, CA

#921 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, traits like this are not inherent to only one race, or group., but, I said that in my post didn't I.
Again, the point being - it's all too common within this topic (we're talking about illegal immigration here, not financial crooks of a wealthier nature) for this group (illegal immigrants) to blame white society for something their own race perpetuates.
You said it in THIS post?
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL
Sounds like you were only speaking about one race to me, Doctor.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#922 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
1 down 19,999,999 to go
HIS Tory

El Segundo, CA

#923 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL is historically correct. Countries that were "conquered" by the Spaniards often have a tradition of what we see as corruption because in Spanish culture a person's responsibility was to God, King and Family. "Successful" political appointees sent money to the Church, the King and then distributed plum jobs and work projects to family and friends. That was seen as fulfilling their duty in the most honorable and upstanding way.

Remnants of that culture are still around today in the form of corrupt government and nepotism in countries that were once Spanish colonies.

This country was supposed to be a role model for another system - isn't working out so well 280ish years into it....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#924 May 3, 2010
california nation wrote:
So Arizona will actually enforce our border laws?
No they will deport illegals. They should kill the criminals, like they do in Mexico. Cop killers should be shot onsite.
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#925 May 3, 2010
Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it in THIS post?
<quoted text>
Sounds like you were only speaking about one race to me, Doctor.
I said it in the post you were refering to, yes. Go back and reread.

The topic of the article we're posting about is the new immigration law in AZ, SB 1070.

AZ's issues derive from being so close to the Mexican border, hence I believe they are dealing w/mainly hispanic illegal immigration (although I am sure other races cross illegally there too, just not the majority).

So, yeah, talk pertains to mainly one race with the acknowledgment that not just ONE race has illegal immigrants.

Duh
LOL

Anaheim, CA

#926 May 3, 2010
HIS Tory wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL is historically correct. Countries that were "conquered" by the Spaniards often have a tradition of what we see as corruption because in Spanish culture a person's responsibility was to God, King and Family. "Successful" political appointees sent money to the Church, the King and then distributed plum jobs and work projects to family and friends. That was seen as fulfilling their duty in the most honorable and upstanding way.
Remnants of that culture are still around today in the form of corrupt government and nepotism in countries that were once Spanish colonies.
This country was supposed to be a role model for another system - isn't working out so well 280ish years into it....
Bingo.
1 post removed
Sue Lowe

United States

#928 May 3, 2010
brass monkey nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
No they will deport illegals. They should kill the criminals, like they do in Mexico. Cop killers should be shot onsite.
All illegals shouldn't be shot on sight. Only those who deserve it. All others should just be sent home.
Here We Go

Carson, CA

#929 May 3, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it in the post you were refering to, yes. Go back and reread.
The topic of the article we're posting about is the new immigration law in AZ, SB 1070.
AZ's issues derive from being so close to the Mexican border, hence I believe they are dealing w/mainly hispanic illegal immigration (although I am sure other races cross illegally there too, just not the majority).
So, yeah, talk pertains to mainly one race with the acknowledgment that not just ONE race has illegal immigrants.
Duh
You did? Did you write it in invisible ink? Because this is your post:

"LOLOLOL

The point is, many hispanics take advantage of their own and yet they love to blame the white guys for taking advantage of them. Which some do! But I've seen it happen quite often within their own race."

Just putting a throwaway line like "which some do" isn't clearly pointed out as you claimed in this post:

"And no, traits like this are not inherent to only one race, or group., but, I said that in my post didn't I."

Why point out this "it's all too common within this topic (we're talking about illegal immigration here, not financial crooks of a wealthier nature) for this group (illegal immigrants) to blame white society for something their own race perpetuates." if you believe all races do it?

Aren't many whites blaming the Hispanic society (or "illegals) for something their own race perpetuates (bad economy, huge debt, joblessness, etc.)?

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#930 May 3, 2010
The federal credit card for each and every American is now over 500K. Read what former Congressman DioGuardi, the son of immigrants, has to say about our fiscal crisis:

http://www.truthingovernment.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JCPete 1,549,676
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Drumpf Disaster 7,904
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Julia 274,960
News Stop calling almond, soy and rice milks 'milk,'... (Dec '16) 4 min AmPieJam UncleSam 15
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 9 min Sheriff Joe 529 1,277
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 10 min Born in the USA 81
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 13 min okimar 28
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 35 min CodeTalker 176
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 51 min bad bob 689
More from around the web