Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive ...

Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset

There are 225 comments on the Roll Call story from Jun 10, 2014, titled Eric Cantor Loses Primary in Massive Upset. In it, Roll Call reports that:

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor became the first person in American history to lose his primary while holding that position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

foster

Ashburn, VA

#24 Jun 11, 2014
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
the only confusion is in your mind,you post jibberish and lies,like patty,both of you retards.
Mumbles the Tin Man speaks. You fooled to think this is a Tea Bag victory, but its not. LOL
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Jun 11, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
He’s been stroking and provoking the crazies for years now they finally turned on. Embracing and stoking this particular portion of their party has come home to roost. It's the "Lay with mangy dogs, you're going to get fleas" thing....BUT... in the process, they are inflicting the rest of the country with that parasites as well.
But I have to admit that I love the fact that Cantor’s smug and obnoxious attitude and demeanor is about to bite the dust… especially with the disrespect that he showed President Obama during that Health Care roundtable back in 2010.
I agree, Pat. It will indeed be a relief not always seeing clips of Cantor walking in tow a few paces behind Boehner while grinning disingenuously. Like Boehner and other real Republicans, he cowered to the craziest right wing extremist fundamentalists who infiltrated their ranks to occupy their Party.

However, Cantor's defeat demonstrates that the Republican Party has now succumbed to become a crippled zombie organization, animated strictly by mean spirited xenophobes, and so hopelessly out of touch with American voters that they can't win general elections without gerrymandering districts. Most Americans are not crazy and won't allow a zombie takeover — especially as the xenophobes' greatest fear, the browning of America, rapidly actualizes.

We've managed to survive the Salem witch hunts, the KKK, the McCarthy era Communist "trials" and the Dixiecrats, so we will survive their current and future incarnations.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#26 Jun 11, 2014
It appears that rumors of the Tea Parties dimise have been greatly exaggerated.

See you in November.
Cat74

Gilberts, IL

#27 Jun 11, 2014
Of course the TEA Party came out, and put Cantor on the street, and they will remove any, and all who disregard our laws, any of them. The Democrats will be removed as well. We are remaking the U S House, and Senate, and handing both to people who love this country, and who won't piddle around for 8 years solving out problems. We are replacing the idlers with people ready to lead on day one. Democrats opening the borders to thousands of illegal aliens was the last straw. That woke up people who have never voted in their lives to go register, and vote out the RINOs, and worthless Democrats.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#28 Jun 11, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny part of this is the tea bags. This stunning defeat was engineered by Dems. The tea bags didnt support Brat
So then, where is the proof you keep running from.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#29 Jun 11, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Pat. It will indeed be a relief not always seeing clips of Cantor walking in tow a few paces behind Boehner while grinning disingenuously. Like Boehner and other real Republicans, he cowered to the craziest right wing extremist fundamentalists who infiltrated their ranks to occupy their Party.
However, Cantor's defeat demonstrates that the Republican Party has now succumbed to become a crippled zombie organization, animated strictly by mean spirited xenophobes, and so hopelessly out of touch with American voters that they can't win general elections without gerrymandering districts. Most Americans are not crazy and won't allow a zombie takeover — especially as the xenophobes' greatest fear, the browning of America, rapidly actualizes.
We've managed to survive the Salem witch hunts, the KKK, the McCarthy era Communist "trials" and the Dixiecrats, so we will survive their current and future incarnations.
Progressives are hiding behind their Mexican invasion. Think about it, we just passed the 6th of June where 250,000 died fighting for America's and Europe's freedom just to be given away by a communist know nothing that is ignoring our laws and our constitution to produce a coup aided and abetted by the Liberal Press. We fought to keep Japan and Germany from attacking the American mainland..........Obama lets the invasion just walk in while he hands them welfare and free rides that not even his bots receive.
Cat74

Gilberts, IL

#30 Jun 11, 2014
What a beautiful morning. Life is good. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and RINO Republicans are on the run. By, by Eric. Maybe one of your Democrat friends will give you a job!!! Oh, and best of all, Immigration Reform is DEAD!!!.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31 Jun 11, 2014
Space Cowboy wrote:
It appears that rumors of the Tea Parties dimise have been greatly exaggerated.
See you in November.
Closer to the GOP's demise.....
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Jun 11, 2014
Watching the fascist invaders goose step with loud, self-congratulatory fanfare through the territory they annexed — feeling emboldened by the ease of their conquest of such a vulnerable target — is prophetic of the humiliating defeat that awaits them when they meet the insurmountable resistance of the more powerful enemy that awaits them with the will to fight to defend their home turf.

“ LIBERALS WILL ALWAYS ROOT FOR”

Since: Mar 09

ANARCHY AND ANTI-AMERICANISM

#33 Jun 11, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
He’s been stroking and provoking the crazies for years now they finally turned on. Embracing and stoking this particular portion of their party has come home to roost. It's the "Lay with mangy dogs, you're going to get fleas" thing....BUT... in the process, they are inflicting the rest of the country with that parasites as well.
But I have to admit that I love the fact that Cantor’s smug and obnoxious attitude and demeanor is about to bite the dust… especially with the disrespect that he showed President Obama during that Health Care roundtable back in 2010.
He'll be replaced with a tea party candidate who thinks liberals like you and Obama are scum.

Oh yeah.....
BraiNfreeZe

Conroe, TX

#34 Jun 11, 2014
Baggers....Hip...Hip...Hooray!

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#35 Jun 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Closer to the GOP's demise.....
The GOP will go away soon enough.

They have become "Democrat Light"

The Tea Party will save this Republic.

All Progressives are doomed, on the Left and the Right.

#defundthegop
Cat74

Gilberts, IL

#36 Jun 11, 2014
There is talk President Obama will now go it alone, and give the illegal aliens Amnesty. If he does the American people who are losing jobs, and watching the jobs they have pay less, and less because of cheap labor must gather together, and vote every Democrat, and RINO out of office in November to send the politicians a message. They are saying the TEA people didn't elect David Brat yesterday, because they don't understand that the TEA people are Democrats, Republicans, and Independents angry at the current political leadership. Soon they will get the message. This is just the beginning, and if you ever went to a TEA Rally you would know this is how we will make the changes you have all been waiting for. What a beautiful day.

“ LIBERALS WILL ALWAYS ROOT FOR”

Since: Mar 09

ANARCHY AND ANTI-AMERICANISM

#37 Jun 11, 2014
The country is a mess, thanks to Obama the worst President ever.
5 posts removed
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#43 Jun 11, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Good, Great. Wonderful news. For the GOP.
.
Bad news for RINOS and democrats......and Obama.
.
Senate is next.
Take my word for it Festus, the Dems will not miss Cantor.
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#44 Jun 11, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Prove it. The Republican Majority Leader chair is open. LOL
Says the liar who also claimed Obama brought us 20 million jobs and that the Dems voted for a TP members. you know, the TP that all Dems hate.
Its a little early in the day be this drunk aint it?
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#45 Jun 11, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Mumbles the Tin Man speaks. You fooled to think this is a Tea Bag victory, but its not. LOL
back up your own words...
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Prove it.... LOL
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#46 Jun 11, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Closer to the GOP's demise.....
Or could it be that the GOP is just moving further to the right as a whole? I keep hearing about how dead the TP is yet, they keep winning races. Maybe the TP is the new GOP. Keep pushing those far left "Progressive" policies and what do you expect? The left gets deeper and deepr into the Far left, its only natural the right would do the same. The only thing that stays the same is, we all suffer in the end for biased and ignorant politics. But you wont see it that way after all, the GOP is soooo bad.
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#47 Jun 11, 2014
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Take my word for it Festus, the Dems will not miss Cantor.
When hes replaced with some one who refuses to reach across the aisle like Cantor did, they will miss him. but then again, why let facts get in the way of a biased and ignorant political ideological lies right?

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#48 Jun 11, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
The country is a mess, thanks to Obama the worst President ever.
POLL: Obama hits new lows...

Second $1.5M Brussels Hotel Bill in Less Than Three Months...

Entourage on African Trip Cost Taxpayers Over $2 Million...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 2 min Lemont 58
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min red and right 192,495
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,252,369
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 186,653
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min NTR1 333,288
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 8 min Ronald 2,388
News Mainstream Right-Wingers, Don't Even Start With... 9 min Bakker 506
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 16 min xxxrayted 150
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 25 min WasteWater 766
More from around the web