Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#535 Dec 6, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Who gives a rates ass what they say.
15 % and no deductions and everyone files their own .
One page .
Example :
Earned Income _____
X 15 %
Total Due _____
I like that, would be a much lower tax burden for me.
2 posts removed
Besara

Omaha, NE

#538 Dec 6, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but we ARE,we ARE happy to give all ourhard earned money to The Obama sos he can doles it out to those with less than us who work for a living. We are just thrilled to DEATH that we have such a magnificent Messiah to lead us by the hand,down the path to Socialist Land. Whats your is Obama's and what is Obama's remains Obama's until he finds an unafiliated voter to give it to. Enjoy the ride while it lasts Professor..... There HAVE been times down thru history when turmoil upsets a society that people look for the SOURCE,the ROOT of the upheaval and well,we know who began this crap 50 years ago. And we'll straighten out this mess somehow. Sooner or later. Won't be pretty or cheap,but it WILL be straightened out. We've found out too that college isn't all it's cracked up to be with the indoctrinators we see there today. Y'see,education doesn't always amount to smart.....
The nutty professor is a gutless shirker.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#539 Dec 6, 2012
Ratliff wrote:
Obama also improved his Hispanic performance in Florida, a result that included dominance of the heavily Puerto Rican swing precincts around Orlando and the election of a Cuban American Democrat to Congress, symbolizing the end of the GOPís decades-long lock on that community. In 2012, the share of the Latino vote rose to a record high 10%, a number thatís doubled in the past 16 years. President Obama won about 8.4 million Latino votes, using a rough calculation based on exit-poll data. Romney captured no more than 3.44 million votes.
Hey, it's hard to vote against Santa.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#540 Dec 6, 2012
Ratliff wrote:
With the exception New Mexico, the ten poorest (HIGHEST WELFARE) states all voted for Romney. So much for out of touch Mitten's nitwit theory about losing due to "gifts from Obama."
Hey Ratsass, plagiarize much?

Must suck not knowing what the f**k you just posted, huh?

LOL

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#541 Dec 6, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't police your own lunatics and nutballs, responsible people will have to do it for you.
Clearly you're not only irresponsible, but childish and silly as well. In fact, it was hard to read the almost illegible gibberish you posted.
Clearly you suffer from elitist azzholeism. Symptoms include a self delusional sense of superiority over those whom you feel are lesser educated than youself. Therefore you feel it your right,COMPELLED to tell them how to live. What liberties they may enjoy and to correct their thinking if it differs from yours.

Just a little eye opener for you Dude..... YOU AIN'T SH1T. Just another over educated ithering bidiot who the sooner removed from everyone ELSE'S daily life the better. Maybe by some inner-city thug who desires some of your bloated salary to fuel his habit or some drunk driving,unlicensed,uninsured illegal alien in a stolen car. Means wouldn't matter,you wouldn't be missed.
1 post removed
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#543 Dec 6, 2012
Not only was Obama strong in states with the highest percentage of college graduates, he was also strong in states with the highest average household incomes. For example, the five states with the HIGHEST average household incomes (which, not coincidentally, were also among the states with the highest percentage of college graduates).
Maryland $67,469
New Hampshire $67,287
Connecticut $67,165
New Jersey $65,072
Massachusetts $62,809
Virginia $62,776
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#544 Dec 6, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Try proving him wrong rather than whining. Bet you canít.
Thereís an amusing fact about dumb people. They all believe themselves to be smart? Sucks to be you, doesnít it?
The dumber the state the more likely they are a red state. On the other hand, Obama won Florida which has only 23% college graduates.
"According to a state-by-state breakdown by the Census Bureau, here are the top 15 states with the best college completion rates as of 2010. All of them have at least 43 percent of its young residents holding a college degree, but only two states have over 50 percent. D.C., which was included in the study, beat out all of the states with an impressive 68.8 percent.
Blue - Massachusetts 54.3% of the population
Red - North Dakota 50.8% of the population
Blue - Minnesota 49.8% of the population
Blue - New York 49.6% of the population 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Jersey 47.2% of the population
Blue - New Hampshire 46.0% of the population
Blue - Connecticut 45.9% of the population
Blue - Iowa 45.5% of the population
Blue - Maryland 45.5% of the population
Blue- llinois 45.3% of the population
Blue - Virginia 44.6% of the population
Blue - Vermont 44.5% of the population
Red - Nebraska 44.2% of the population
Blue - Pennsylvania 43.9% of the population"
So out of the fifteen states with the highest percentages of college graduates, twelve voted for Obama. And as for the nonsense some have proposed about liberalism being "cyclical", republicans have gotten the majority of the white vote in every presidential race since 1964.
JusttheFacts

Rochester, KY

#545 Dec 6, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, if you are serious, you need some serious medications.
More likely, you are a liberal posing as a psychopath with guns, as an attempt to stereotype conservative gun owners.
Similar to the way you stereotype liberals.
Oh, and by the way, there is NO such thing as a government cell phone. It's just one more Repub lie. The phone program NEVER used tax money.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#546 Dec 6, 2012
The text of the Social Security act

http://www.ssa.gov/history/35act.html
Besara

Omaha, NE

#547 Dec 6, 2012
JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text> Similar to the way you stereotype liberals.
Oh, and by the way, there is NO such thing as a government cell phone. It's just one more Repub lie. The phone program NEVER used tax money.
Got yo 'bama pho' yet?
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#548 Dec 6, 2012
The text of the 16th Amendment establishing a PERMANENT income tax: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Other Constitutional provisions regarding taxes:

Article I, Section 2, Clause 3:

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#549 Dec 6, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ratsass, plagiarize much?
Must suck not knowing what the f**k you just posted, huh?
LOL
The text of the 16th Amendment establishing a PERMANENT income tax: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Other Constitutional provisions regarding taxes:

Article I, Section 2, Clause 3:

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#550 Dec 6, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Try proving him wrong rather than whining. Bet you canít.
Thereís an amusing fact about dumb people. They all believe themselves to be smart? Sucks to be you, doesnít it?
I just did, moron.

The text of the 16th Amendment establishing a PERMANENT income tax: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Other Constitutional provisions regarding taxes:

Article I, Section 2, Clause 3:

Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers...

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
Ratliff

Orlando, FL

#551 Dec 6, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Try proving him wrong rather than whining. Bet you canít.
Thereís an amusing fact about dumb people. They all believe themselves to be smart? Sucks to be you, doesnít it?
I just did, moron.

The text of the Social Security act

http://www.ssa.gov/history/35act.html

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#552 Dec 6, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but we ARE,we ARE happy to give all ourhard earned money to The Obama sos he can doles it out to those with less than us who work for a living. We are just thrilled to DEATH that we have such a magnificent Messiah to lead us by the hand,down the path to Socialist Land. Whats your is Obama's and what is Obama's remains Obama's until he finds an unafiliated voter to give it to. Enjoy the ride while it lasts Professor..... There HAVE been times down thru history when turmoil upsets a society that people look for the SOURCE,the ROOT of the upheaval and well,we know who began this crap 50 years ago. And we'll straighten out this mess somehow. Sooner or later. Won't be pretty or cheap,but it WILL be straightened out. We've found out too that college isn't all it's cracked up to be with the indoctrinators we see there today. Y'see,education doesn't always amount to smart.....
Plenty of stupid people are uneducated, too, as your post amply demonstrates.

Thanks for showing us you're a victim of Obama Derangement Syndrome, though....seems there's a lot of that going around!:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#553 Dec 6, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you suffer from elitist azzholeism. Symptoms include a self delusional sense of superiority over those whom you feel are lesser educated than youself. Therefore you feel it your right,COMPELLED to tell them how to live. What liberties they may enjoy and to correct their thinking if it differs from yours.
Just a little eye opener for you Dude..... YOU AIN'T SH1T. Just another over educated ithering bidiot who the sooner removed from everyone ELSE'S daily life the better. Maybe by some inner-city thug who desires some of your bloated salary to fuel his habit or some drunk driving,unlicensed,uninsured illegal alien in a stolen car. Means wouldn't matter,you wouldn't be missed.
Another superb rebuttal from an Republican intellectual. Refreshing!

Heh
1 post removed

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#555 Dec 6, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet would be a national sales tax which canít be avoided by anyone. The liberals would first call it unfair to the poor and then racist.
You are correct on the "The liberals would first call it unfair to the poor and then racist." statement.

I have already herd that.

Europe has a national sales tax shown on receipts as a VAT .

I am afraid this has a chilling effect on consumerism and would hurt our economy which is largely made up of the sale of goods and services.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#556 Dec 6, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of stupid people are uneducated, too, as your post amply demonstrates.
Thanks for showing us you're a victim of Obama Derangement Syndrome, though....seems there's a lot of that going around!:)
Wipe your chin Snob. You have a little Obama cream dribblin' off it....

ODS? Expect to see more. Especially when your Socialist Messiah runs out of other peoples' money to spend and he can't hand out those promised freebies for the votes they bought.

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#557 Dec 6, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct on the "The liberals would first call it unfair to the poor and then racist." statement.
I have already herd that.
Europe has a national sales tax shown on receipts as a VAT .
I am afraid this has a chilling effect on consumerism and would hurt our economy which is largely made up of the sale of goods and services.
If it will put a dollar in the federal coffers Obama will push for it. To him the added benefit is that it would be one less dollar in te private sector he can't control.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#558 Dec 6, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>If it will put a dollar in the federal coffers Obama will push for it. To him the added benefit is that it would be one less dollar in te private sector he can't control.
I don't doubt that for a second but I have herd he is bogged down try to pass legislation outlawing Millionaires and above as well as making Food Stamps the new currency of the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 min right on 16,646
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Bongo 60,460
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,709,807
Attn. ALL, ARE THOSE CRYING KIDS PAID ACTORS? 10 min Felix 1
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 12 min positronium 1,783
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min unborn lives matter 330,943
News Some GOP candidates for governor oppose raising... 15 min dontmakemelaugh 1
More from around the web