Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4934 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is government can't do anything right and your best bet is with the private market. It's much less of a risk.
Speaking of can't do anything right, I notice you've skipped the Wikipedia issue you brought up.

As I said before, you should try supporting your position instead of asking others to counter your opinion.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4935 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless of what you claim, the USPS is in the Constitution.
When and where???
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4936 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I can read the Constitution. I don't need your interpretation.
You should try reading it sometime.
Read it many times. It also doesn't list Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD, or any of the other 60 plus programs our government funds for lowlifes. So I guess you don't think those should be funded as well since they too are not in the Constitution.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4937 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of can't do anything right, I notice you've skipped the Wikipedia issue you brought up.
As I said before, you should try supporting your position instead of asking others to counter your opinion.
Why would I do that? If somebody asks me for proof behind my claim, and I provide such proof, then it's only reasonable that you find proof to discredit what I posted--not ridicule the proof I provided.

That's how it's done with blogs and discussions. To sit back and say "You got your info from Rush, you got your info from Wiki, you got your info from Fox" is not a valid argument. It's up to you to prove my sources wrong--not for me to prove my sources are correct.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4938 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it many times. It also doesn't list Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD, or any of the other 60 plus programs our government funds for lowlifes. So I guess you don't think those should be funded as well since they too are not in the Constitution.
Lolifes? So... you've dumped the equality option and instead, replaced it with a class society?

Son, no wonder you have such a problem with the US Constitution.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4939 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like SS, medicare and the funding of israel? Or even defense contractors? Or the FBI.
I still don't get your point.
As I said, someone earlier pointed out the Marines. And they're not listed.
Because they were not there at the time. Regardless, as I posted, the preamble lists the defense of our country, or is your comprehension skills so low that you don't know what that means????

You know something, they didn't list assault weapons either, so I would assume you are on our side when it comes to citizens being able to own and use them.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4940 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Yes it is, but that doesn't discount that they are still a failure like most all government run programs.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4941 Feb 11, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Neither is bubble gum.
LMAO!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4942 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? If somebody asks me for proof behind my claim, and I provide such proof, then it's only reasonable that you find proof to discredit what I posted--not ridicule the proof I provided.
That's how it's done with blogs and discussions. To sit back and say "You got your info from Rush, you got your info from Wiki, you got your info from Fox" is not a valid argument. It's up to you to prove my sources wrong--not for me to prove my sources are correct.
Isn't that what you did? Tell me to disprove your source?

It's clear even your source doesn't stand behind the work that's shown... because it's not their work.

But if you're going to take this stand, you may as well preface anything you say with "my mom said... " and I'll assume she did.... just to keep you happy.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#4943 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That could be true.
After all, just how did Romney ever survive the primaries and win?
Is there some kind if point you're trying to make there, sock boy?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4944 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
And then there is the matter of the USPS
http://blog.ourfuture.org/20130210/you-should...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#4945 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that what you did? Tell me to disprove your source?
It's clear even your source doesn't stand behind the work that's shown... because it's not their work.
But if you're going to take this stand, you may as well preface anything you say with "my mom said... " and I'll assume she did.... just to keep you happy.
No, it's clear that Wiki (or other sources) have valid claims. However, there may be faults depending on who submits such information. But for the most part, those claims are legit. Now if you have an issue with a certain claim, then prove it incorrect, and I will be happy to review your sources.

But to say that "your information comes from Wiki so it must be false" is somehow (in your mind) proving that the information is not legitimate. Prove it false first, then make the accusation.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4946 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they were not there at the time. Regardless, as I posted, the preamble lists the defense of our country, or is your comprehension skills so low that you don't know what that means????
You know something, they didn't list assault weapons either, so I would assume you are on our side when it comes to citizens being able to own and use them.
"Our side?" I'm on the side of the US Constitution son.

You take it all, or you take nothing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4947 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, but that doesn't discount that they are still a failure like most all government run programs.
Psst! Since you don't know son, they're not "government run." They have government oversight.

They are a for-profit, money making organization.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4948 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's clear that Wiki (or other sources) have valid claims. However, there may be faults depending on who submits such information. But for the most part, those claims are legit. Now if you have an issue with a certain claim, then prove it incorrect, and I will be happy to review your sources.
But to say that "your information comes from Wiki so it must be false" is somehow (in your mind) proving that the information is not legitimate. Prove it false first, then make the accusation.
Regardless of your "explanation," Wiki has clearly spelled out they are not a definitive source.

How YOU determined those claims are legit is clearly something you can't prove.... it's just your opinion. Wiki has clearly stated otherwise.

BTW, it's still my source against your "opinion." So you need to start backing your claims up... like you said you do.

I've already done so.
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#4949 Feb 11, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Another idiot who believes wiki is a definitive source.
No thinking involved!
Such stupidity.
Oh the IRONY!!!

That particular page is loaded with citations. If you don't believe it then cite your own sources, Mr Thoughtful.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4950 Feb 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
wikipedia gives where the information came from and Reference to and the external Links which is very accurate.
1 post removed

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4952 Feb 12, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
All you Obama haters would like to believe that his reelection was a fluke of some sort caused by some absurd incident like Hurricane Sandy, or voter fraud, or any of the other conspiracy theories that the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove or FAUX News tried to come up with, but it really did happened because most people disagree with you sorry ass wingnuz idiots. It sucks to be in the minority, but there it is ...
Voting for Obama made no sense for the nation. His policies aren’t working. We’re sliding further into debt and the economy is recovering at a nearly stagnant rate. 2012 4Q the economy shrank slightly. That’s not recovery.

How many companies are already planning to reduce full-time staff with part-time workers to offset the cost of Obamacare? How will that impact our economy?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4953 Feb 12, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of dollars haven't been spent to stop murder and rape.
How effective has the billions of dollars been spent? We’re still left with high crime related to drug traffic.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4954 Feb 12, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Except he didn't – it is a figment of the wingnuz fantasies ... not only did he save the world from financial chaos but Gov’t spending has slowed for the first time since Eisenhower! But don’t take my word for it look at the number – yemoron!!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/22/1093...
An article written by Meteor Blades is your evidence? Who is Meteor Blades? Someone named Timothy Lange. What are his qualifications? Essentially what you’re presenting as evidence is blog material.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min messianic114 219,618
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min Quirky 412,946
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 22 min Well Well 2,433
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 34 min Bigot mysoginist ... 6,020
News Protecting Trump Tower cost NY City $24 million... 42 min Susanm 62
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 46 min Trumpbot watch 21,140
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 58 min Jay 259,030
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Well Well 1,497,797
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 1 hr nikolai longcocki... 178
More from around the web