Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Port Sun

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Comments (Page 198)

Showing posts 3,941 - 3,960 of7,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you have, son. The prosecution needs to go to court and prove THEIR case beyond a reasonable doubt. They have the dead body...
They have the weapon...
They have the confession...
Now it's up to the defense to show it was justified. But if you believe all the defense has to do is show up, then fine. I won't argue with you. I'm sure the prosecutor will argue they don't want to have the verdict overturned due to incompetent defense.
BTW, the only one "...insisting that Zimmerman is this malicious murderer who killed this killed in cold blood..." is you. Again, you need to assign my position in order to make your case.
You keep skipping right past the FACT I've already said I want justice to take over. Why can't you actually quote that fact for a change? At least it would be accurate.
You truly are dumber than a bag of hammers. First you say the DEFENSE must prove their case BRD, then you turn around in the next post and say the exact opposite WHICH IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG. Do you have any actual original thoughts in your head?? And I have NEVER said that Zimmerman killed this kid in cold blood BECAUSE THE EVIDENCE DOESN'T SUPPORT IT.

So since you have proven yourself to be nothing more than a troll who is here to talk bullshit, why don't you run along and play with the dog, and let the grownups talk for awhile, junior.

I swear, sometimes I wonder why I even bother trying to have an actual debate with simpletons such as yourself.{rolls eyes}

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you have, son. The prosecution needs to go to court and prove THEIR case beyond a reasonable doubt. They have the dead body...
They have the weapon...
Now it's up to the defense to show it was justified. But if you believe all the defense has to do is show up, then fine. I won't argue with you. I'm sure the prosecutor will argue they don't want to have the verdict overturned due to incompetent defense.
BTW, the only one "...insisting that Zimmerman is this malicious murderer who killed this killed in cold blood..." is you. Again, you need to assign my position in order to make your case.
You keep skipping right past the FACT I've already said I want justice to take over. Why can't you actually quote that fact for a change? At least it would be accurate.
And they may have a weapon and a body, but the prosecution does NOT have a murder confession. They have a confession to a self-defense shooting which is called JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE, you fcking retard.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're such an idiot son.

And clearly damned proud of it!
You are the one proven to be a moron/liberal/liar over and over
Marks

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
We are so happy for you -- small minds are easily amused!!!
And a dim bulb like yourself is easily deluded.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You "claimed" evidence that says supports that position. No different than what Zimmerman is doing.
As long as you take Zimmerman's description of events as the base line, you can say what you want since it's such a gray area.
Read the damned evidence available. Hereís a fairly complete list http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...

I donít take Zimmermanís testimony as a base line. I reviewed all the evidence and then compared his statement to collected evidence.

Storing your head firmly up your ass is certainly your right. Do you want to maintain your conclusions based on media reporting or do you want to review the real evidence?

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why do YOU people insist on making this case racial, then claim it's the other people's fault?
Funny, itís just the opposite. Learn to read you liberal fool. I donít claim itís racially motivated. It was *NOT* racially motived which is confirmed by FBI investigation.

Where exactly did I claim it was someone else's fault? Do tell.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Spin it however you want son.
Your change to "...the evidence tends to support his story more than the prosecutions *theory*" now takes a tangent off you claim of being "factual."
The dead body, the weapon that killed him and the person who actually killed Martin are indisputable facts.
But if you disagree, feel free to call me a liar and demand proof.
Theory? Facts were stated. Zimmermanís wife was indeed charged with perjury, George was not. Is that a theory? The prosecution case is based almost entirely on theory. Do review the evidence.

Yes, Martin is dead.

Yes, Zimmerman shot him.

The legal question is was the shooting legally justified.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I can tell the difference. I've seen 4 or 5 posters prove you wrong.
Apparently, you are either too stubborn or too ignorant, to realize or admit it.
Heís nothing more than a condescending fool. I wonder if he actually believes calling others ďsonĒ bolsters his position.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, I have a dead body, the weapon that killed him, the admission of the shooter. It's already stacked high.
It's up to the defense to prove their case. This is why the syg hearing will be interesting. And since Zimmerman has already lied to a judge on this case, the presumption that his "story" matches take on less credibility.
How do you conclude that? If itís a legally justified shooting then you have nothing. The evidence does indeed support the shooting was legally justified.

Zimmerman *may* have lied about finances. Thatís an allegation only. Why was his wife charged with perjury and not him? Do tell us all about your theory.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Actually, if you had comprehended the post, HIO claimed he preferred to kill his food.
I simply indicated he should start with himself, there by being self supporting.
You're probably unfamiliar the the Escher drawing. But that's ok. For many it's conceptually hard.
How is Escher applicable to this discussion?

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Yeah wrote:
They have the weapon...
Youíre easily confused.

The prosecution still must prove it was murder and not a legally justified shooting.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory? Facts were stated. Zimmermanís wife was indeed charged with perjury, George was not. Is that a theory? The prosecution case is based almost entirely on theory. Do review the evidence.
Yes, Martin is dead.
Yes, Zimmerman shot him.
In case you haven't notinced, "Yeah" is being intentionally obtuse and flipping his posts just to continue trolling. She/He/It (sheit) won't get another reply from me.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you haven't notinced, "Yeah" is being intentionally obtuse and flipping his posts just to continue trolling. She/He/It (sheit) won't get another reply from me.
Itís another fun toy like Tory.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís another fun toy like Tory.
LOL...yep. I'm bored with both.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Heís nothing more than a condescending fool. I wonder if he actually believes calling others ďsonĒ bolsters his position.
We all have mentors in our life, this is Yahoo's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, itís just the opposite. Learn to read you liberal fool. I donít claim itís racially motivated. It was *NOT* racially motived which is confirmed by FBI investigation.
Where exactly did I claim it was someone else's fault? Do tell.
And yet, you keep bringing it up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Martin is dead.
Yes, Zimmerman shot him.
Curious. You just mentioned the prima facia requirements for being charged with manslaughter or murder, yet you believe the "...case is based almost entirely on theory."

You must have different legal system in your country son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you conclude that? If itís a legally justified shooting then you have nothing. The evidence does indeed support the shooting was legally justified.
Zimmerman *may* have lied about finances. Thatís an allegation only. Why was his wife charged with perjury and not him? Do tell us all about your theory.
You people just can't look at the facts objectively.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...

"..."The defendant just sat there as his wife lied under oath," de la Rionda said. "The defendant wife's lied to this court when both Mr. O'Mara and the state asked her questions, when she stated she had no money.

"The defendant and his wife were very deceptive in the actions they took before this court," he said.

O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, argued that the judge should consider how his client spent the money, on rent and living expenses, not whether he knew about the money.

"How they use the money is relevant," O'Mara said in his argument to Lester.

He called the issue an "innocent misunderstanding rather than a deviant intent to hide money from you."

The money was transferred to a defense fund run by a third party, O'Mara said.

Lester interrupted him, arguing that how Zimmerman spent the money had nothing to do with him acting as if he didn't know anything about it during the bond hearing.

O'Mara did not explain why Zimmerman did not say he knew about all the money he collected. O'Mara has said the account raised about $200,000.

Lester seemed most concerned about phone calls between Zimmerman and his wife while he was in jail that showed they knew of the tens of thousands of dollars he collected. The judge said Zimmerman and his wife talked about using the money to pay for his bond...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-06-13...

"...George Zimmermanís attorney Mark OíMara has said the couple was confused and fearful when they misled court officials about how much money they had. A call and email to him Tuesday werenít immediately returned.

Records show that in the days before the bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman transferred $74,000 in eight smaller amounts ranging from $7,500 to $9,990, from her husbandís credit union account to hers, according to an arrest affidavit. It also shows that $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmermanís account to his sisterís in the days before the bond hearing.

Four days after he was released on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account into her husbandís account, the affidavit said. The affidavit also said jail call records show that George Zimmerman instructed her to ďpay off all the bills,Ē including an American Express and Samís Club card.

A state attorney investigator met with credit union officials and learned she had control of transfers to and from her husbandís account.

Jeffrey Neiman, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said cash transactions in excess of $10,000 usually trigger a reporting requirement by the bank to multiple government agencies ó including the IRS.

ďIf Mrs. Zimmerman intentionally structured the financial transactions in a manner to keep the offense under $10,000, not only may she have committed perjury in the state case, but she also may have run afoul of several federal statutes and could face serious federal criminal charges,Ē Neiman wrote in an email to The Associated Press...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Escher applicable to this discussion?
That's what happens when you jump in the middle son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,941 - 3,960 of7,574
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••