Issa, Cummings Clash Anew Over IRS Lo...

Issa, Cummings Clash Anew Over IRS Loss of Emails

There are 184 comments on the Roll Call story from Jun 24, 2014, titled Issa, Cummings Clash Anew Over IRS Loss of Emails. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Democrats spent much of Monday's IRS hearing criticizing Issa's handling of the proceedings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#43 Jun 25, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CLIMBS TO A 6-YEAR HIGH..Associated Press..(6-25-14).....More Good News about AMERICA'S ECONOMY, under an Obama Administration.....
Not what I just read and heard on the news:

The new figure released Wednesday by the Commerce Department is nearly three times lower than last month's preliminary estimate of 1 percent shrinkage -- at the time the worst three-month performance since 2009 -- and far greater than the 0.1 percent growth estimate in April. The sluggish economy's woes have been widely attributed to an unusually cold winter, but the latest figure -- the biggest difference between second and third estimates since 1976 -- could indicate far greater problems.
Bitter Clinger

Stillwater, OK

#44 Jun 25, 2014
NEWS UPDATE Wed, June 25
An email dated December 4, 2012 from Lois Lerner to Matthew Giuliano shows Lerner questioning what she called possible "inappropriate" offerings from a group to "pay for his [Sen.Grassley's] wife." Lerner came to this conclusion after opening mail that didn't belong to her in the first place.
"Perhaps refer him [Grassley to exam [audit]?" Lerner wrote.
Cat74

Joliet, IL

#45 Jun 25, 2014
They got Lerner. It is just a matter of time before they dray her in again, then charge her, and haul her off to the have din din , on the tin tin. Justice is a beautiful thing.
Cat74

Joliet, IL

#46 Jun 25, 2014
Correction Drag her, not drey her.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#47 Jun 25, 2014
Lying Lois Lerner is probably crapping in her granny panties. LOL

Theres still time to come clean...

sing Lois SING!!
Cat74

Joliet, IL

#48 Jun 25, 2014
Lois won't sing until they clang that door shut in Prison. Then Katy bar the door, she will sing like a canary.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#49 Jun 25, 2014
Cummings is a soulless liar. He will be shown as one very soon.
1 post removed
the Light

El Paso, TX

#51 Jun 26, 2014
Democratic Party has become Party of Thugs.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#52 Jun 26, 2014
Speaking of gloom and doom, Sarah Palin was screeching yesterday that its time for the tea partiers to abandon their unwilling host, the Republican Party, to form their own “Freedom Party.” Ever since they left the Democrat Party incarnated as “Dixiecrats” and migrated to infest and occupy the Republican Party, I’ve been criticizing them, much to their chagrin, for not having the courage to form their own party.

Finally! Now it’s coming — well, maybe/hopefully — at least according to shrill screeching tones emanating from the proverbial horse's mouth.

I'm so excited by the prospect of the tea partiers’ at last becoming independent adults by building their own house that I’d like to propose an official anthem for the “Freedom Party” as a housewarming gift. Consistent with the tea partiers’ espousal of gloom and doom — all bad news, total disasters and complete failures all the time, 24/7 —“Gloomy Sunday,” also known as the “Hungarian Suicide Song,” composed by Hungarian pianist and composer Rezs&#337; Seress and published in 1933, fills that bill perfectly. There have been several urban legends regarding the song over the years, mostly involving it being allegedly connected with various numbers of suicides, and radio networks reacting by purportedly banning the song.

See what I mean? Perfect! The BBC actually banned Billie Holiday’s version of the song from being broadcast, as being detrimental to wartime morale, but allowed performances of instrumental versions.

Attention NRA enthusiasts: Put away those loaded guns and beers before you dare listen to Billie Holiday sing Gloomy Sunday...

Attention tea partiers: If you don’t find Billie Holiday’s recording sufficiently maudlin to bring everyone down, you may want to resort to the even more depressing rendition by the ultimate master of the sad song, Sarah McLachlan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
1 post removed
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#54 Jun 26, 2014
kuda wrote:
Speaking of gloom and doom, Sarah Palin was screeching yesterday that its time for the tea partiers to abandon their unwilling host, the Republican Party, to form their own “Freedom Party.” Ever since they left the Democrat Party incarnated as “Dixiecrats” and migrated to infest and occupy the Republican Party, I’ve been criticizing them, much to their chagrin, for not having the courage to form their own party.
Finally! Now it’s coming — well, maybe/hopefully — at least according to shrill screeching tones emanating from the proverbial horse's mouth.
I'm so excited by the prospect of the tea partiers’ at last becoming independent adults by building their own house that I’d like to propose an official anthem for the “Freedom Party” as a housewarming gift. Consistent with the tea partiers’ espousal of gloom and doom — all bad news, total disasters and complete failures all the time, 24/7 —“Gloomy Sunday,” also known as the “Hungarian Suicide Song,” composed by Hungarian pianist and composer Rezs&#337; Seress and published in 1933, fills that bill perfectly. There have been several urban legends regarding the song over the years, mostly involving it being allegedly connected with various numbers of suicides, and radio networks reacting by purportedly banning the song.
See what I mean? Perfect! The BBC actually banned Billie Holiday’s version of the song from being broadcast, as being detrimental to wartime morale, but allowed performances of instrumental versions.
Attention NRA enthusiasts: Put away those loaded guns and beers before you dare listen to Billie Holiday sing Gloomy Sunday...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KUCyjDOlnPUXX.
Attention tea partiers: If you don’t find Billie Holiday’s recording sufficiently maudlin to bring everyone down, you may want to resort to the even more depressing rendition by the ultimate master of the sad song, Sarah McLachlan...
Let me clarify my position. For once, I fully support the tea partiers who want to divorce themselves from the Republican Party to start their own party and leave regular Republicans alone at long last. I've repeated this wish long before the tea partiers themselves began to consider willingness to stand on their own for what they believe.

Go tea partiers! Please, just go. Go win one for the Gipper!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#55 Jun 26, 2014
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The American people want to know the truth about all of these LIES. IRS has control over us and if they are going to abuse the rights of the Constitution then the whole Department should be brought to its knees along with Cummings - Cummings had received e-mails on this issue and DID NOT report them to the committee. Cummings should not even be in with this group (conflict of interest)- the Dems LIE AND LIE ALL THEY CAN TO COVER UP CHIT. Cummings does not add a thing to this meeting - he is a parrot - just repeats the same thing over and over and over - It sounds like he does not know for sure what he is saying so he has to repeat it.
http://patdollard.com/2014/04/issa-says-email...
Since you've already characterized them as lies, you don't want to know the truth about a damned thing. You've already made up what passes for your mind.

Location hidden

#56 Jun 26, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
One thing is clear.
Everybody hates democrats.
Something else is clear, the vacuum in your head.

Location hidden

#57 Jun 26, 2014
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it rest, drama queen. He's doing the people's work.
No, Issa is doing the Tea Party's work. Those creatures are hardly people.

Location hidden

#58 Jun 26, 2014
straw grasping teabaggers wrote:
Issa' s failures continue to mount. His attempts to create non-existent scandals have run their course. He was forced to pivot to Gowdy.
In a world of sleazy politicians, Darrell Issa rises to the top (or sinks to the bottom). His self-promoting "hearings" have yielded absolutely no meaningful results. Issa gives politics an even worse name than it already had.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Paris

#59 Jun 26, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
They got Lerner. It is just a matter of time before they dray her in again, then charge her, and haul her off to the have din din , on the tin tin. Justice is a beautiful thing.
Look for Her to disappear soon.

Location hidden

#60 Jun 26, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
Cummings is a soulless liar. He will be shown as one very soon.
Listen, you insignificant little twit. Rep. Cummings has gone through a personal hell to defend the freedoms of our citizens. Maybe if you had to endure what this man has experienced in his courageous life, you might have some redeemable quality. Instead you have the internal rot you so richly deserve.
It's too bad that freedom of speech extends to a life form like you.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#61 Jun 26, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Since you've already characterized them as lies, you don't want to know the truth about a damned thing. You've already made up what passes for your mind.
The GOP and half of the Dems feel this is a cover up. You are not listening to what is going on, being said, and what the Americans want - if you were you would know 76% believe the lost e-mails are a LIE AND A COVER-UP. Why do you think Lerner is taking the 5th. I gave you more credit for knowing what was happening than what you have shown on this post.

I do want to know the truth about IRS, BENGHAZI, VA, FAST AND FURIOUS, NSA, import of illegal children and all of the rest of his major issues like foreign policy and now I also want to know about the missing E-Mails from EPA.

The American People should know the TRUTH.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#62 Jun 26, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, Issa is doing the Tea Party's work. Those creatures are hardly people.
No, 76% of Americans want the IRS investigations to continue.

Do you need help removing your foot from your mouth?

Paris

#63 Jun 26, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, you insignificant little twit. Rep. Cummings has gone through a personal hell to defend the freedoms of our citizens. Maybe if you had to endure what this man has experienced in his courageous life, you might have some redeemable quality. Instead you have the internal rot you so richly deserve.
It's too bad that freedom of speech extends to a life form like you.
His ignorance and partiality is so extreme that you cannot defend his actions especially since he knows better and what is permitted and what isn't as a point of order. Maybe you can fool the children here on Topix world, but not the high information voters.

Paris

#64 Jun 26, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Since you've already characterized them as lies, you don't want to know the truth about a damned thing. You've already made up what passes for your mind.
The truth is it's in many millions to one chance that Lois's computer hard drives and that of six others crashed with all having no information retrievable at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants (Aug '15) 2 min Truth is might 694
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 9 min UIDIOTRACEMAkeWOR... 23,801
News Trump slams SNL again: "Totally biased," "unwat... 14 min Absentee Ballot 27
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Just call me ABE 2 253,242
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 54 min Brian_G 403,888
News Trump win casts pall of uncertainty over Asia 1 hr HANSENSPANISDAEGU... 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 62,318
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Susanm 1,458,593
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Snap 216,714
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 hr TRUMP WINNERS 207
More from around the web