PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2201 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#146 Oct 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Who are these people and why didn't then need some form of ID before now........Waiting.
I get to work, i dont need my ID for that. I also dont need it when i cash my check. Open an account? I guess that depends on the type of account your opening? Credit Card? I can do that on the internet, no ID needed. You were saying that you need an ID for what again?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#147 Oct 14, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
what groups did the IRS not allow to fund raise?
Oh my, the dunce ploy. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh still no cure pookie.
CZars_R_Us

Orlando, FL

#148 Oct 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so it's NC you were referencing.
While they MAY be providing a free ID, they AREN'T ensuring every citizen HAS an ID before the 2016 election.
The NC law also gets rid of early voting and eliminates same-day voter registration/voting.
Sounds like they're just trying to prevent as many Dems from voting as possible.
So you think only the democratic voters would be too stupid get ID's???? No-one is saying just the Democratic voters have to have one.
Maybe we should make it illegal to buy votes with Happy Meals too.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#149 Oct 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
He's still waiting for Romney to win those 16 swing states like his polling said....
I'll bet he is still using Karl Rove math as well.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#150 Oct 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet he is still using Karl Rove math as well.
ARREST WARRANT FOR O'CARE NAVIGATOR

Neighbors: Cory Booker 'never lived in Newark'...

States warn of 'bad actors' in healthcare exchanges...

Billions in federal tax credits go to illegals...

Harlem pastors unite AGAINST Rev. Al Sharpton?

Network trims teen girl masturbation scene from premiere...

YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE THE LIBERAL CULTURE OF LIES AND CRIME.

Jonesboro AR

#151 Oct 14, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
Phillips gives the GOP a bit too much credit for past events, but is certainly right that the Party is shooting itself in the foot and working its way upward.
I for one will be delighted to see the GOP fail and splinter into competing gangs of anti-American pinheads and thugs. They've lost their right to govern - ANYTHING.
Today as battered women shelters lose federal money.. The shelters begin to cut back and start to shut down head start cut back with more cuts to come as well as a host of other programs and organizations such as habitat for humanity. School children in the smoky mountains as those roads were over seen by rangers. Either their parents had to find an alternate way to get their children to school or didn't go at all. and tomorrow is another day.. How many children do you think are going to make it school consistently...

Yes, the republican/tea party is working their way to a head shot real fast.

The Government Shutdown Trickle-Down: 50 Effects Of The Budget Standstill
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/gove...

Jonesboro AR

#152 Oct 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>ARREST WARRANT FOR O'CARE NAVIGATOR
Neighbors: Cory Booker 'never lived in Newark'...
States warn of 'bad actors' in healthcare exchanges...
Billions in federal tax credits go to illegals...
Harlem pastors unite AGAINST Rev. Al Sharpton?
Network trims teen girl masturbation scene from premiere...
YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE THE LIBERAL CULTURE OF LIES AND CRIME.
I will say this when it comes to conspiracy theories and sheer illogical thinking. You birthers are as nutty as any squirrel on red bull.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#153 Oct 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this when it comes to conspiracy theories and sheer illogical thinking. You birthers are as nutty as any squirrel on red bull.
But..but...but....little Jimbo cuts and paste from Drudge - so it must be true!
spOko

Oakland, CA

#154 Oct 14, 2013
Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
what groups did the IRS not allow to fund raise?
It entirely depends on the group's tax status, the IRS disallows no one from fundraising

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#155 Oct 14, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
"There have been very few incidents of voter fraud using the old voter requirements."
So you are admitting there is a voter fraud problem? Requiring an ID would be the perfect fix for the problem so why is it an issue? Are you saying the poor and elderly are too stupid to get an ID card? Most states have gone out of there way to provide ID cards for everybody. I don't see the problem.
I'm sure you don't.

Jonesboro AR

#156 Oct 14, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
But..but...but....little Jimbo cuts and paste from Drudge - so it must be true!
Yes I would imagine liljimbo cuts and pastes a lot of things.. That is when he is not eating the paste itself....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#157 Oct 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Who are these people and why didn't then need some form of ID before now........Waiting.
You'll have to ask them, but 2 of them were my grandparents. They never had a photo ID in their life.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#158 Oct 14, 2013
CZars_R_Us wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think only the democratic voters would be too stupid get ID's???? No-one is saying just the Democratic voters have to have one.
Maybe we should make it illegal to buy votes with Happy Meals too.
I'm saying statistics show the majority of those without a state issued photo id are more likely to vote for the Dems- i.e. blacks, poor, Hispanics, students, etc.

THAT is the ONLY reason the GOPasaurs keep passing these voter ID laws.

If statistics showed the majority of those without ID are white redneck NASCAR fans, you'd never hear another peep out of the GOP about voter ID.

It's all about keeping likely Dem voters from voting.
fingiswold

United States

#159 Oct 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
There are free IDs. You can get them at the DMV when you get your drivers license. Democrats don't want photo IDs for obvious reasons. They multi vote!! They go from poll to poll casting votes for who ever cannot make it to vote that day. Democrats in Chicago have vote fraud down to a fine art.
Lying pig. We know from reTHUGlican admissions that they know they can cut the Dem vote by forcing restrictive voting rules on the public. It's the Old South everywhere now, look for poll taxes and literacy tests next.

No significant individual voter fraud in this country. That's the truth, lying pig GOP whore.
fingiswold

United States

#160 Oct 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Today as battered women shelters lose federal money.. The shelters begin to cut back and start to shut down head start cut back with more cuts to come as well as a host of other programs and organizations such as habitat for humanity. School children in the smoky mountains as those roads were over seen by rangers. Either their parents had to find an alternate way to get their children to school or didn't go at all. and tomorrow is another day.. How many children do you think are going to make it school consistently...
Yes, the republican/tea party is working their way to a head shot real fast.
The Government Shutdown Trickle-Down: 50 Effects Of The Budget Standstill
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/gove...
Unfortunately, it's EVERYONE'S head. America suffers while they play silly games.

Jonesboro AR

#161 Oct 14, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, it's EVERYONE'S head. America suffers while they play silly games.
Not so silly when one realizes that thew the party really does want the country to default on the loans. Does want the country to not pay the bills.

What I think the tea party is aiming for is not to simply default on the existing debt, but to repudiate that debt. In essence cancel the debts. The disaster that would follow for both here in the US and world wide is on the same scale as a nuclear bomb going off every where, every day..If this is where the tea party is aiming for. Those people are really nuts.

“I am sabbathrules”

Since: May 12

420town

#162 Oct 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm available.
Lawrence Wolf For President 2016.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#163 Oct 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying statistics show the majority of those without a state issued photo id are more likely to vote for the Dems- i.e. blacks, poor, Hispanics, students, etc.
If statistics showed the majority of those without ID are white redneck NASCAR fans, you'd never hear another peep out of the GOP about voter ID.
What a STUPID statement. So everything you have to show ID for discriminates? Such twisted thinking. The ONLY reason to not have ID is to be dishonest....You reveal that in your comments. Shameful! It should not be up for option and should have ALWAYS been a requirement....there is NOT a reason in the WORLD to NOT have ID!!!!

I had to have ID to play sports as a child!!! BIG WHOOP !!!!
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#164 Oct 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!!!!!!!!!! The gop(grand obstructionist party) wants to help satan institute the "mark of the beast" with all this ID stuff. How ignorant those empty suit junkies can be.

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#165 Oct 14, 2013
DrPrepper wrote:
<quoted text>Just write-in "Impeach the Kenyan-born Antichrist!" The GOP & Demoncrats are both owned and operated by the Freemasons-Illuminati, Bilderbergers, CFR, Jesuits, etc. who are ALL working "in combination" to "drop-by-drop" usher in their New World Order under their "despot-king" Big Brother Obama. Hagel and Kerry are using the evil Moslems to start World War Three and the Bush family helped set-up 9/11.
I hate Big Brother. See the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Sion, The Bankers Manifesto of 1893, the Jesuit Oath of Ordination and The Illuminati-Freemason Covenant! Then you too will have taken the red-pill and been illuminated.
Avoid fluoridated water, Monsanto-contaminated bread, iodized salt, aspartame and use only natural deodorants. They are poisoning us.
Check out the Georgia Guidestones too!
YUP. I hate Big Brother Obama too. Impeach the Kenyan-born Antichrist!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TrumpsBuffoons 1,510,182
News Massachusetts Democrats waging resistance to Pr... 4 min slick willie expl... 91
News GOP House intel chairman met source on White Ho... 4 min Nanker Phelge 30
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 5 min 07 Mustang 209
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min Truth 25,320
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 262,665
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min Truth 5,415
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min NotSoDivineMsM 239,644
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 18 min DMoriaty 7,651
More from around the web