PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2202 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

Since: Oct 08

Decatur, GA

#1437 Oct 31, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Oakland, California for 5 yeas and I think I know the "city by the bay" quite well, the LBGT community is far from the majority of the population but it is the majority of the population of the city that supports LBGT rights.
Don't confuse the two.
After reading many of your posts, I could have guessed you were from around San Francisco.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1438 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
so your tiny percentage of ho mos will 'force' the rest of us to accept your unnatural, unhealthy, debauchery?
If that's the way you want to see it, then yes.

You'll get over it.

Or maybe you won't.

We don't really care since you're a bigot anyways.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1439 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more of North Georgia, or North Dakota...too many foreigners in those places you mentioned.
Sorry, but there are plenty of us gays in Georgia & North Dakota as well, and we'll be getting marriage equality there as well soon enough.

But Georgia would probably meet your racist needs better than North Dakota.

I know I'd prefer you stay below the Manson-Nixon line.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1440 Oct 31, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
What about competition? when you hand over a road or bridge to the private sector what you are really do is handing over a taxation of those that use those roads in the form of a monopoly.
In an extreme example. How does one avoid paying say $100 fee to use the road outside one's home? or the main street? or the on ramp? or the highway? etc etc etc...
If your location tag is true and you do live in Michigan, then you should be intimately aware of the problems of having a private sector entity in charge of a road or in the case a bridge with the Ambassador bridge.
The Ambassador is a prefect example of a company in control of a monopoly of transportation. Under the Moroun family's ownership there has no competition for decades. Price gouging actions of a private owner has forced the governments of the US and Canda to build a bridge to compete with the Ambassador.
And what did the Moroun family do when they heard about the planned bridge, they fought it. Instead of looking at the interest of the fast and reasonable flow of commerce, they looked at only their profits and their monopoly. Which is to be expected, They are company that is interested in profits, they are not a charity.
But it is a great example of how things will be run under private sector ownership of roads and bridges.
<quoted text>
That seems to be the problem with a lot of strict libertarian ideological views on how society should be. That it is only after the harm is done is action taken with the loss of business and ignores the fact that harm could have been avoided all together with standards. it takes no account of businesses who's sole business plan is to release a product, sell it quickly and get out of the business there after. Commonly known as a money grab or con.
I am guessing you are a Patrick Henry type of Libertarian? Nothing wrong with that.
The growing of food in a city by individuals is difficult due to space or lack of soil, it could be done with hydroponics but that takes significant resources in water, nutrient additives and electricity.
FDA has actually been a success of government. Before it's creation there were no standards and inspection of the food and drug industries and if the items that people would be buying is safe. Since it's creation there has been a sharp decline of people get sick by percentage of the population from when there was no FDA to it's enactment.
In fact barring the fairly recent loosing of restrictions and standards at the FDA by congress during the bush administration(another thing to thank republicans for) the recent bouts of bad drugs and break downs in the safety of the food chain, it has been by all accounts a successful system.
<quoted text>
Then we are in agreement on that. I don't know about %50 but I am sure we can cut a lot.
<quoted text>
This part is going to require a long post, perhaps tomorrow, got Halloween tonight with my family, I have 16 nephew and nieces that are expecting their uncle to show up for a party.
<quoted text>
It is indeed dream. A libertarian utopia that suffers the same fate as all Utopian dreams.It runs face first into the wall of reality.
Private enterprise involves competition unless the govt prevents it.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#1441 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep claiming I'm not willing to put any skin in the game.
So that's the deal- I will give up my pension in exchange for the firing of all 800,000+ of those non-essential employees.
Take it or leave it.
Thanks for that. I will join you.....

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#1442 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm a conservative libertarian who has no option but to vote for the Dems; at least until the GOPasaurs stop supporting discrimination.
The only reason you don't vote with the teabag wing of the Republican Party, is, you are gay and they hate gays more than they hate Dems. Other than that, you are mentally a teabagger through and through. HYP-O-CRITE.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1443 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just the LGBT community who feels they have no choice but to vote for the Dems. It's blacks and most non-Cuban Hispanics as well; also many women.
And to be clear, the Dems HAVE worked steadily to ensure gays & lesbians are able to exercise our equal rights- repealing DADT, getting section 3 of DOMA overturned, getting marriage equality in 14 states with more pending, etc.
The Dems are also working to ensure everyone is able to exercise their right to vote and obtain constitutionally protected medical procedures.
Blacks in particular vote overwhelming for the Dems because of the prevalent racism they see in the GOP. Even in the military which usually overwhelmingly supports the GOP, most blacks & Hispanics voted for the Dems.
Changing the messenger doesn't do any good; if the Republicans want gays & lesbians & blacks & hispanics & women to vote for them, they're going to have to change the MESSAGE, not just he messenger.
Here you go . This post proves the only reason you don't vote teabag, is, they hate your guts only because you're gay. But they love you for your reactionary mind. HYP-O-CRITE.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1444 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not afflicted with religion.
You're afflicted with frightwingnut delusion. You're a teabag troglodyte voting for the Dems. HYP-O-CRITE.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1445 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, you're saying over half the people in this country support such an immoral, unnatural, debauched lifestyle?
Yes, most of us don't care if you're doing mom and sis. Just keep it indoors.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1446 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
eeeek, that's a scary thought, to think that as a nation we have fallen so low as to promote and celebrate a lifestyle like that.
good for you, be sure to use protection.
I do. Unlike you, I don't let mom or sis in my bedroom.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1447 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the lookout now for a place that is liberal free, yankee free, and gueer free. you know of any?
Yes, be on the next flight to Somalia. You'll love it. No government too.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1448 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
you said military, I said civil service. most of the civil service is just a jobs corp for the unemployable, quota hiring, EEOC, illiterate, diversity hires and other such malcontents.
And they still didn't hire you.

Hypoluxo Fl

#1449 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Private enterprise involves competition unless the govt prevents it.
I see you've never heard of trusts and Robber Barrons. Oh, and please tell all of us why a gallon of gas costs just about the same at every gas station at an intersection? Now there's some competition, right? HYP-O-CRITE.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#1450 Oct 31, 2013
President Obama's approval ratings are at an all-time low
Posted: Oct 31, 2013 9:22 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (NBC).......[not FOX:)]

A brand new NBC-Wall Street Journal poll brings bad news for President Obama.

His job approval is on a massive slide, and now his personal likability is taking a hit, too.

President Obama's approval rating was near an all-time high in January.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/23839680/2013/10/31...

steveafrikaner
Wow - if I was shown to be a serial liar (better even than Clinton), a lousy manager and an idiot, I too would be tense and depressed under these conditions, he..l I would be suicidal! Now there's a thought......No too arrogant

TOMMYHOUR
It must be very upsetting when you realize you ain't that smart and everyone else knows it also.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/29/body-langua...

;~)

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1451 Nov 1, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, are you insulted by the truth? Too bad.

You claim that the Constitution demands smaller government but it does not. Our founding fathers created an amendment process because they didn't want small minds to prevail.
You surly haven't read the federalist papers or the constitution.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1452 Nov 1, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>That would make you twice as stupid then.

Ther is no such thing as an unnecessary employee. There are some who are more vital to the nation's strength and security while others to its efficiency and convenience.

[QUOTE]But I realize you WANT the govt to control everything, which is why you oppose the people exercising their right to vote to limit govt control of their lives."

Sure thing, traitor. You are free to fictionalize what I wrote. I protect your right to be duplicitous.

Each time I ask you to provide a quote from me stating those things, you hide. Why is that?
HHaha the head of Obama care proved herself expendable.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1453 Nov 1, 2013
Yeah! So am I! It's the only sane reaction to your "Progressive" lunacy!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason you don't vote with the teabag wing of the Republican Party, is, you are gay and they hate gays more than they hate Dems. Other than that, you are mentally a teabagger through and through. HYP-O-CRITE.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1454 Nov 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
President Obama's approval ratings are at an all-time low
Posted: Oct 31, 2013 9:22 AM EDT
WASHINGTON (NBC).......[not FOX:)]
A brand new NBC-Wall Street Journal poll brings bad news for President Obama.
His job approval is on a massive slide, and now his personal likability is taking a hit, too.
President Obama's approval rating was near an all-time high in January.
http://www.ktiv.com/story/23839680/2013/10/31...
steveafrikaner
Wow - if I was shown to be a serial liar (better even than Clinton), a lousy manager and an idiot, I too would be tense and depressed under these conditions, he..l I would be suicidal! Now there's a thought......No too arrogant
TOMMYHOUR
It must be very upsetting when you realize you ain't that smart and everyone else knows it also.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/29/body-langua...
;~)
And whose approval ratings were much, much worse?

Come on…you can do it…

Hint: look at the title of this discussion thread...

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1455 Nov 1, 2013
A gallon of gas costs what it does because of GOVERNMENT TAXES! Government service is where the real "Robber Barons" are to be found today, not in the private sector. Now, today they have the force of law to back them up, something they never had in the past.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>I see you've never heard of trusts and Robber Barrons. Oh, and please tell all of us why a gallon of gas costs just about the same at every gas station at an intersection? Now there's some competition, right? HYP-O-CRITE.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#1456 Nov 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And whose approval ratings were much, much worse?
Come on…you can do it…
Hint: look at the title of this discussion thread...
What the congressional Democrats... 31 - 33%

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

OR Reid with the lowest. Thats House and Senate

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...

Or the Senate which is 12%

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 12% of Likely U.S. Voters think the U.S. Senate is doing a good or excellent job. Fifty-three percent (53%) rate the Senate’s performance as poor.

Numbers are fun!!!!! They work ways!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min NotSoDivineMsM 242,268
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Millstone 279,830
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,565,477
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 221,947
News Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, prop... 2 min fingers mcgurke 18
News Democrats Announce Bipartisan Agreement on Sanc... 3 min bottlecap 23
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 3 min Retribution 1,131
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min bad bob 16,825
News Democrats, civil rights group aim to block Trum... 33 min Lawrence Wolf 146
More from around the web