PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republ...

PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party

There are 2202 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 12, 2013, titled PHILLIPS: The last days of the Republican Party. In it, Washington Times reports that:

The Republican Party saved the Union and abolished slavery. The Republican Party stood against Franklin Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans during World War II and against Jim Crow laws in the 50's.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1317 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked is I could do it. That answer was provided. If you wanted a specific job, you should have stated that clearly.
It is a conflict of interest for the federal government to employ staff to audit itself. We see corruption within that realm even in the private sector.
There, you have the answer to your question. Now, please stop lying about what I say and don't.
Yep, so you can't name even one single job you think the federal govt shouldn't be doing.

Thanks for confirming that.

And you still wonder why we have a $17+ TRILLION debt and growing...

Tawas City, Michigan

#1318 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make you twice as stupid then.
Ther is no such thing as an unnecessary employee. There are some who are more vital to the nation's strength and security while others to its efficiency and convenience.
<quoted text>
Sure thing, traitor. You are free to fictionalize what I wrote. I protect your right to be duplicitous.
Each time I ask you to provide a quote from me stating those things, you hide. Why is that?
"Ther is no such thing as an unnecessary employee".(typo was yours)

Yep, that sums it up right there.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#1319 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the transcontinental railroad was a much more significant event.
Historians disagree.
It is in a state's best interest to ensure the easy flow of commerce.
One would suspect that to be the case. Following the civil war, during prohibition and then the civil rights era, states restricted such flow.
It is in the best interest of private enterprise to ensure the easy flow of commerce.
Agreed. That is why the feat is marvelous.
It is in the best interest of the sheeple to ensure the easy flow of commerce.
Count yourself among them.
But there is simply no reason that it needs to be the federal govt spending taxpayer money to build the roads & bridges in our nation.
President Eisenhower urged the building as a national defense measure. Commerce, recreation, convenience are all benefits aside from that primary achievement.
The states & private enterprise can handle that much more cost effectively.
No, they cannot. The simple fact that standards are required prevents your folly. Consensus is required for safety, durability and access. 50 states cannot agree on much of anything let alone road construction.

#1320 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, so you can't name even one single job you think the federal govt shouldn't be doing.
And you still wonder why we have a $17+ TRILLION debt and growing...
You are in desperate need of a reading tutor.

I just stated that the federal government should not have federal auditors. That is a job. You asked me to name one and I did.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

#1321 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ther is no such thing as an unnecessary employee".(typo was yours)
Yep, that sums it up right there.
It certainly does. You insist that 800,000 furloughed employees are unnecessary. They were brought back because they are.

You can insist that they are not but that just makes you a contrarian and poorly informed.

Remember, I listed several jobs that you say can be better handled by private companies - not once could you provide a defense against them.

Do you think private businesses should issue our national passports and visas?

Do you believe private businesses should self regulate drug manufacturing?

Do you believe that private businesses should handle our national security - be that through intelligence gathering, transportation security or border patrol?

Goa head, this should be really funny.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1322 Oct 31, 2013
TerryE wrote:
I believe "Sheeple" means the discrimination against TLGB people. I concur! Republicans have driven TLGB people from their ranks through simple exclusion. Right into the open and waiting arms of the Democrats. Many TLGB people are not naturally inclined to vote Democrat, but they're left little choice. Very few will forgo their "Rights" in favor of the Republicans. I know the Dems will not grant them what they want, they will keep the TGLBs on the line as long as possible. Or at least until the TLGBs are thoroughly indoctrinated in Democrat "Theology". When they finally get these "Rights", they will probably desert the party. We (TLGBs) must adopt a more independent stance that doesn't include the Govt. Yet, that doesn't mean the our complaints are not real! The TDOR services pay homage to our murdered sisters, who are killed for simply being what they are. Find your local services and go and hear just what it is all about.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
It's not just the LGBT community who feels they have no choice but to vote for the Dems. It's blacks and most non-Cuban Hispanics as well; also many women.

And to be clear, the Dems HAVE worked steadily to ensure gays & lesbians are able to exercise our equal rights- repealing DADT, getting section 3 of DOMA overturned, getting marriage equality in 14 states with more pending, etc.

The Dems are also working to ensure everyone is able to exercise their right to vote and obtain constitutionally protected medical procedures.

Blacks in particular vote overwhelming for the Dems because of the prevalent racism they see in the GOP. Even in the military which usually overwhelmingly supports the GOP, most blacks & Hispanics voted for the Dems.

Changing the messenger doesn't do any good; if the Republicans want gays & lesbians & blacks & hispanics & women to vote for them, they're going to have to change the MESSAGE, not just he messenger.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1323 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...you don't comprehend it then.
<quoted text>
On the contrary, I post facts and quotes, substantiated by links. You take liberties with what is written and ignore the questions Have you ever heard of the enumerated powers?
Grab a copy of the U.S. Constitution and have someone read it to you. Look at Article I, Section 8. Congress has the authority to create laws necessary for the welfare of the nation. The Supreme Court has upheld this provision dozens of times.
Judging from your callous regard for the law, I can see why you embrace anarchy.
Using your logic then Congress can justify ANY law as being necessary for the welfare of the nation.

Yep, that's what got us into this mess.

#1324 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example:
When the federal govt is in charge of building roads & bridges, you get boondoggles like the Bridge to Nowhere in Alaska.
Funding is different than building.
Once there was enough publicity to expose that massive waste of federal tax dollars, the project was cancelled.
Yes, thankfully that was the case. I have never proposed that taxpayer revenue be wasted. You seem to believe it is unless given solely to you.
The state & the people of Alaska didn't want to pay for it, but they have GLADLY had taxpayers from around the country pay for it.
Alaskans were going to have to pay a portion of that project. Please research it.
Ditto for the BILLIONS wasted on federal "disaster" spending around the nation.
Please tell me you are a Christian.
If the people of New Jersey or Louisiana or Mississippi etc want to rebuild on the shoreline in the path of hurricanes, then LET THEM pay for it using only THEIR OWN tax dollars.
What about tornadoes? Are those families stupidly building within the interior of the nation too?

For your information, hurricanes don't merely damage the coastline. Should we condemn Florida since hurricanes pass over it? That's brilliant thinking, son.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1325 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy to pay for your reading tutor. You seem confused and if they tutor cannot help, I can pay for your psychological help too.
Yep, still unable to explain why you think the govt should take care of you from cradle to grave.

#1326 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And to be clear, the Dems HAVE worked steadily to ensure gays & lesbians are able to exercise our equal rights- repealing DADT, getting section 3 of DOMA overturned, getting marriage equality in 14 states with more pending, etc.
The Dems are also working to ensure everyone is able to exercise their right to vote and obtain constitutionally protected medical procedures.
I could have sworn you just stated that your goal was to encourage voting. Your words - it seems that Democrats are doing that. Your work is not needed.

#1327 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the shutdown was a good thing and didn't last nearly long enough, but the reason for the shutdown was an indication of just how dysfunctional our federal government is.
The anarchist creed.

#1328 Oct 31, 2013
To summarize, Sheeple wants the government to be big and stable enough to pay his pension but wants everything else to go away.

That's a special kind of stupid.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1329 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Historians disagree.
<quoted text>
One would suspect that to be the case. Following the civil war, during prohibition and then the civil rights era, states restricted such flow.
<quoted text>
Agreed. That is why the feat is marvelous.
<quoted text>
Count yourself among them.
<quoted text>
President Eisenhower urged the building as a national defense measure. Commerce, recreation, convenience are all benefits aside from that primary achievement.
<quoted text>
No, they cannot. The simple fact that standards are required prevents your folly. Consensus is required for safety, durability and access. 50 states cannot agree on much of anything let alone road construction.
Yep, the govt has used the "self-defense" excuse for all sorts of unnecessary spending.

Setting standards- be it for roads or drugs or food safety- doesn't mean it has to be federal tax dollars to build or manufacture products according to those standards.

The states were building roads long before the bureaucracy known as the DOT was created in 1967.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1330 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in desperate need of a reading tutor.
I just stated that the federal government should not have federal auditors. That is a job. You asked me to name one and I did.
Were you dropped on your head as a child?
But you JUST got done claiming there are "no unnecessary employees" in the federal govt.

So which is the truth?

Btw, it's not surprising AT ALL that you don't think the federal govt should be audited.

Not surprising AT ALL.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#1331 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just the LGBT community who feels they have no choice but to vote for the Dems. It's blacks and most non-Cuban Hispanics as well; also many women.
Blacks in particular vote overwhelming for the Dems because of the prevalent racism they see in the GOP. Even in the military which usually overwhelmingly supports the GOP, most blacks & Hispanics voted for the Dems.
Changing the messenger doesn't do any good; if the Republicans want gays & lesbians & blacks & hispanics & women to vote for them, they're going to have to change the MESSAGE, not just he messenger.
for the LBGT to be such a small percentage of the people, they sure make a lot of noise.

Tawas City, Michigan

#1332 Oct 31, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly does. You insist that 800,000 furloughed employees are unnecessary. They were brought back because they are.
You can insist that they are not but that just makes you a contrarian and poorly informed.
Remember, I listed several jobs that you say can be better handled by private companies - not once could you provide a defense against them.
Do you think private businesses should issue our national passports and visas?
Do you believe private businesses should self regulate drug manufacturing?
Do you believe that private businesses should handle our national security - be that through intelligence gathering, transportation security or border patrol?
Goa head, this should be really funny.
No, I said that according to THEIR OWN EMPLOYER those 800,000+ furloughed employees are non-essential.

So since we now know they aren't essential employees, we have a good starting point to see how many of those 800,000+ are actually necessary employees- I'm guessing not a whole lot would qualify.

1. No. Passports & visas directly relate to national security.
2. Yes. Private enterprise can make drugs safely.
3. No. National security is a federal constitutional responsibility.

#1333 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the govt has used the "self-defense" excuse for all sorts of unnecessary spending.
They used it to pay your salary, even though you carried bed pans for men far braver than you.
Setting standards- be it for roads or drugs or food safety- doesn't mean it has to be federal tax dollars to build or manufacture products according to those standards.
So, who sets the standards?

Whys shouldn't federal tax dollars be used for federally mandated roads?
The states were building roads long before the bureaucracy known as the DOT was created in 1967.
You may want to open a history book. Federal money has been used to build roads since the very first days after America began.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1334 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said that according to THEIR OWN EMPLOYER those 800,000+ furloughed employees are non-essential.
So since we now know they aren't essential employees, we have a good starting point to see how many of those 800,000+ are actually necessary employees- I'm guessing not a whole lot would qualify.
those are the people that process the gov't check you live on. how non-essential would you think they are when your money stops coming through the US mail...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1335 Oct 31, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
for the LBGT to be such a small percentage of the people, they sure make a lot of noise.
they have a lot of people backing them...over half the nation and growing.

#1336 Oct 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true. Each department can dictate who is essential and non-essential. They do not use the word 'unnecessary'. You did and were caught.
You would be mistaken. Again, you are only concerned with selfish needs. You could care less about others. Sad but expected.
What? I could have sworn you said those people were unnecessary. After all, 4,000 of them were furloughed.
Sure they can. Would you like me to provide a couple links to drug company lawsuits for bringing dangerous drugs to market?
SO is regulating the safety of medicines available to the citizenry. Look at the Enumerated Rights again, stooge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min cpeter1313 340,435
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Richard The Lion... 79,510
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min San Souci 1,759,501
News President Donald Trump has demanded answers abo... 47 min Cat 27
News Trump: Justice Department planted spy in 2016 c... 1 hr gnnn 83
News Pro-life group blasts Dems for 'pressuring' Whi... 1 hr ANNIE FART 85
News Former FBI Official: Trump was absolutely right... 1 hr Annie Oakly 9
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 4 hr fish and poi 168